EN \ NL \ FR
Current Wings Quest 116
Interview!
print ShareShare 

What has been your craziest hypnagogic imagery?

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Juno Wolf
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

What has been your craziest hypnagogic imagery?
PostPosted: Tue 30 Jun, 2015  Reply with quote

Just recently I had HI of a cartoonish bald man, thumbs in his ears, waggling his hands and tongue at me. Suddenly he shouts, "NANANANA!" lach1 I woke myself up laughing.

Tambourine Stream
Castle builder
Somniologist

lach2 Brilliant!

Mine tend to be sounds. Even though I'm so used to them by now, I still cannot deal with the sound of someone stomping down the hallway to the bedroom. Even though I'm wearing earplugs (and therefore know that these sounds are not real). I can let most sounds wash over me - but this particular sound always scares the willies outta me and I have to pull out just to double-check there isn't an axe-murderer on his way to get me!

help! nuu

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 10.oct

lach1

My HI is usually just watching traffic, scrolling text or headlines, or music or a road/path if I am lucky.

But I have had HI where I looked at the familiar window from my room, and suddenly noticed that everything in the view formed human shapes. eek2

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Juno Wolf
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jul, 2015  Reply with quote

Tami--Can't say I blame you for double checking. Sounds terrifying! I think that's what my roommate goes through. He grew up in the middle of nowhere, so any tiny little sound makes him bolt out of bed.

Siiw--I always have a lot of work-related HI, so I get that. A friend of mine had a RL occurrence of a man staring in his window, so I'm sure you must be scared when that happens!

powessy
LD count: 4000+

Re: What has been your craziest hypnagogic imagery?
PostPosted: Mon 20 Jul, 2015  Reply with quote

Juno Wolf wrote:
Just recently I had HI of a cartoonish bald man, thumbs in his ears, waggling his hands and tongue at me. Suddenly he shouts, "NANANANA!" lach1 I woke myself up laughing.

I have had many of these cartoon type experiences and I have had many experiences with wire frame characters in them as well. I hear voices all the time so they do not bother me at all. I do get some of the coolest experiences like today I was sitting in a hospital and they had this machine that had a ball in the middle of it that could take imagery of the heart and project the hologram of it within the sphere where they could make changes though controls on the sphere. My experiences seem to take me to many places and involve many people.

Powessy

Mismagius
~Korrina's Lover~
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct, 2016  Reply with quote

Maybe these monsters i saw on the wall when i was about 6 or 7. One looked like an accordion. It was interesting.

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 10.oct

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct, 2016  Reply with quote

An accordion monster, that actually sounds terrifying.

My grandmother used to have HI of a hand grabbing her feet. It always came with sleep paralysis. I wish I could have taught her what I now know about HI and sleep paralysis.

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 98

PostPosted: Mon 03 Oct, 2016  Reply with quote

I think my craziest hypnogogic imagery, or hypnopompic since I was waking up, was hearing my phone ring and answering it. The call was from my friend, who was asking if I was going to take part in some quiz next month. After the phone call I actually woke up. I was sitting on my bed, looking at my empty hand where the phone was a second ago. It was a bit too real, spooked me.

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
Mew151
Ebil Mew Idol
cookie lover
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: %d
Location: Universe............. Favorite Animal: Mew....... Nightmare count: 4

PostPosted: Tue 09 May, 2017  Reply with quote

These two bits of HI stick out to me as some of the craziest or most intense bits I've had:

Quote:
I was in a house. A short old woman was standing under an archway built into the wall running parallel to my view. She was looking at me. She looked down the other side of the wall, telling a small girl to be quiet and that it would be okay. The camera left my point of view and went behind the woman. Directly down the hallway was an open door leading to a dimly lit room, a girl in her pajamas bouncing on her bed. She had star-shaped lights on her wall, glowing different colors.

This one happened while I sitting in the waiting room of a doctor's office:
Quote:
I got up and exited the door. Instead of being in a carpeted office hallway, I... don't even know where I was. The walls were made of red brick, and the ground was cement. The door closed and the sound of it shutting echoed throughout the entire hallway. The hallway stretched as far as the eye could see, which wasn't very long before it faded into complete darkness. On the ground was a CD with an orange label. I picked it up. Wow. It was very vivid. eek2

Current LD goal(s): Get a real LD; Shoot fireworks out of my hands; Become top idol

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare