EN \ NL \ FR
Current Wings Quest 117
The Spirit of Gifting XII
print ShareShare 

Sense of taste in dreams?

Page 2 of 3Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Author  Message 

PostPosted: Tue 26 May, 2009  Reply with quote

I've had many dreams where I've eaten, usually when I'm hungry... and the food I've had tastes soooooo good. The only sense that I rarely have in dreams would be smell. I actually can't recall any scents I've smelt in dreams. I'll have to do that the next time I LD.

Luminous wrote:
I can't even eat regular pizza, hamburgers or cake like so many others take for granted, so I eat these kinds of foods in lucid dreams.

I think that's fantastic, Luminous. Using LDs to experience and enjoy things that you can't in real life.

johnr

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun, 2009  Reply with quote

I recently had a dream in which I was laying down on my stomach with 2 people on my sides and one in front of me (my cousins in real life). All were breathing on me (there was a reason for this that I do not recall now). Anyway, the one in front of me burps and I can smell it in the dream. It was so nasty I got up and nearly gagged. I think the dream ended at that point.

Mostly my dreams are limited to vision but this was a notable exception.

WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

Just wanted to post this somewhere; I experienced heat tonight in a ND. It kinda burned like IRL and then faded away over about 15sec.

fishiesinthesky
With Diamonds
Novice dreamer

My sense of smell in dreams is... intermittent. If I remember a smell in a dream, it's because it went with something else, like if I had a dream about the beach I'll remember the smell of ocean salt.

Usually my dreams don't have food in them at all. Last night, though, there was a banquet where the only things you could get were pizza and pie! The pizza literally tasted like cardboard with tomato sauce, but that caramel pie? There are no words. It was the best thing I've ever had. siiw If only I could bake like that IRL!

As for LDs, I've never been stable in a LD long enough to taste anything. That's something I'm going to have to try very soon.

Current LD goal(s): Learn to WILD!
tosxyChor
Dream Winged Zen Pony
cookie lover
tosxyChor has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: d(LD)/dt>0

Let's see... at this date,I've tasted bread, soup, ice cream, chocolate, bark, various biscuits, and who knows what else And some of them were so utterly delicious, I woke up with still the taste in mind. Amazing experiences indeed. turn3

Current LD goal(s): Healing
watchme

PostPosted: Fri 12 Sep, 2014  Reply with quote

I had a particularly disgusting dream about 4 days ago.. I was with someone in my dream and we were in a shop.

The shop sold dried up human excrement in packets (like crisps).. like a snack.

I picked them up and the person I was with warned me that they would be horrible but I said no its ok.. we were walking along and I began to eat some of the contents of the packet.. I immediately felt sick and it was the worst thing I have ever tasted in my life (dream OR real life!)

I cant get over how real it felt, I can still think about, it feels as though this really happened and it makes me shudder... as you would expect, it was AWFUL!

Soupfruit
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: about 7

PostPosted: Fri 12 Sep, 2014  Reply with quote

well fancy not putting on some salt and vinegar.
shame on you for breaking the law of the 5 seasonings!

now go to your room!

Current LD goal(s): Engaging DC's
Cinder
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 11

PostPosted: Tue 16 Sep, 2014  Reply with quote

I usually don't eat in my dreams, and I usually don't care about what things taste so I end up glossing over food and not remembering the taste.

I recall tasting a really good peach with firm flesh that came from some mountain, though. I also remember eating some really nice chicken.

Current LD goal(s): Meditate for an hour in a dream
Soupfruit
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: about 7

PostPosted: Wed 17 Sep, 2014  Reply with quote

Taste and smell i have yet too sample lucidly. i ate a spider last night and sensed the feeling of eating and the texture but not the taste or smell of it.

Current LD goal(s): Engaging DC's
Tggtt
Host of LC60®
cookie lover
Tggtt has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep, 2014  Reply with quote

I thought I had replied this one.

In my dreams tastes are usually realistic. Actually, they taste even better than IRL, sometimes even a bit surreal.
Basically, food tastes great in my dreams. However there's a small issue: I cannot get full, of course, which is bad when I am asleep and hungry. Then I can eat, eat, eat and still be hungry, that turns into a vicious cycle of "I must keep eating or else I will feel more and more hungry".

That's actually a good dream sign and the food usually tastes great, then, the issue is not a bad thing.

Mismagius
~Korrina's Lover~
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sat 06 Dec, 2014  Reply with quote

The foods i probably most commenly eat in dreams are sweets. I think my sense of taste is about the same as it is irl. Never thought about it much!

Mismagius
~Korrina's Lover~
Lucid Initiate

Eating food in dreams
PostPosted: Fri 19 May, 2017  Reply with quote

Have you ever ate food in your dreams? If so, how intense was the taste? Did it taste like how it would irl? Is the flavor stronger? Weaker? I'm curious smile

I don't remember much of dreams i've had of food, but i think it had less taste than it did in real life, for me?

En'enra

My sense of taste is pretty realistic in dreams, I think. The food sometimes comes in odd combinations, but usually it tastes pretty great.

Current LD goal(s): many
Ebilshrimp
Hidden Dragon
Astral Explorer
Ebilshrimp has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: 31

Now, this is going to sound extremely weird...
...But mostly I remember the taste of people from my dreams, and it's how I recall my most vivid dreams. Often it leads to the tastes of other foods. I will remember the taste, but I'll not remember the food that provided the platform for the taste.

I feel like most of the flavours I recall are old memories locked away, and that that must be why I couldn't tell you the food I taste still.

Current LD goal(s): Reunite with my Companion Barrel.
dreams2

PostPosted: Fri 24 Nov, 2017  Reply with quote

I do not believe it is common or more people would ask/talk about it smile But i have no facts for it

Page 2 of 3Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

print   ShareShare