Dream vibe

Usually a dream gives me a vibe/feeling that determines if I like te dream or not, rather than what happens in it. Sometimes the vibe is stronger than other times but every dream it is different. I don’t know if I’m the only one who has this. :tongue:

But what I was wondering is if it’s posible to change this vibe when you become lucid. Does anyone have thoughts or experience with this? Thank you!

I noticed last year that if I feel miserable, fragile and defeated in waking life, those feelings transfer to my dreams. No matter what I dreamed about, I lost every fight etc.

I assume being happy and confident in waking life will make dreams more pleasant. Mindset is important for becoming lucid too.

I have felt afraid in a lucid dream and not being able to shake that feeling. So I don’t have an answer for that question.

That makes sense, thanks for your reply :smile:

I am entirely unconvinced that the vibe of the dream can be changed on purpose… but it’s kind of like the question of free will because sometimes it appears changeable. I’d suspect however that it could be whatever else beyond our control (changing phase of sleep, maybe?) causing the vibe to change.

My skepticism stems from getting stuck in certain “vibes” so often.

I’d love to hear from anyone who does change the vibe consistently. Definitely something I’d like to be able to do myself. I do agree that the vibe is usually more important than the events.

You should definitely be able to change it, it just depends on your expectations. Dream control runs on exectation, 100%.

Its definitly possible to change the vibe of a dream as many times as you want. But if i want to change the vibe, my dreams collapse too often so I stoped it. I am also interested in a way to get this problem solved …

Me too. Iam struggling with it for a while now. Would be great if someone would have a solution for it :wink:

When we lucid dream, we are conscious. I imagine that changing the mood in a lucid dream is as hard as changing our mood IRL. It can be done, but it is hard. My best advice is to leave the dream scene and do something completely different. That can at least work IRL. :cool:

I never looked at it that way. Rings true for me.

I’ve changed the mood or vibe of dreams before when I was lucid dreaming on a regular basis. I think, in my case, the ability came with experience and the confidence to just say ‘I’m going to enjoy this dream’ and then simply enjoy it. Not always as easy as it sounds. I agree with the others too that the waking mindset affects the dreaming mindset. Maybe practicing something like cognitive behavior therapy in the waking world would carry over into the dreaming world to make vibe shifts possible or easier.