48%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 31

Page 7 of 7Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Author  Message 
Zagwyn
Wolfgame

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jun, 2017  Reply with quote

Zagwyn wrote:
Thought of some roles that could mix some games up a bit, most are inspirations from the game I've played. Also, some of these roles might have the same names that you guys have covered.

Serial Killer (Wolfgame/VG)
The Serial killer does not win with either wolves/vamps nor villagers, they win when they are the last person alive.
The Serial killer chooses one person to kill each night, and only the Sourcerer can stop the kill.
The Serial killer cannot be killed at night.

Quote:

This is is literally impossible since the game will either end when all wolves are dead or when the villager numbers are equal. Besides which is far too powerful to fit in an already swingy game imo.

The win condition could be slightly varied to account for this, since there are no longer two sides. The win condition could be when all evil roles are deceased. And this role would actually balance the game more, despite it's power. Though the victory for this role would be really low.

Zagwyn wrote:
Vampire Hunter (Vampire Game)
The vampire hunter has three stakes, and can choose at night to kill a target with a stake up to three times. If the target is not a vampire, the Vampire Hunter kills them self the next night.

Quote:
The vampires literally have 4 things that can kill them by the end of night one, I really don't think they need yet another loss condition.

I wouldn't really suggest playing this role with garlic, and it had a huge negative effect if you guess wrong, two villagers are lost, hence why I think it could be balanced, especially if no garlic exist.

Zagwyn wrote:
The Hungry Wolf (Wolf Game)
The hungry wolf is extremely hungry, and chooses to consume the wolves' target completely, leaving the role of that player unknown the next day. (Two or three time limit on this would make it more even)

Quote:
I like this one but I think once a day is fine, as with most of these. Not least because the wolves actually WANT to know the role apart from anything.

The role could be revealed to the wolves in private but not to the village.

Zagwyn wrote:
The Paranoid Villager (Wolfgame or VG)
The paranoid villager is armed and crazy. At night the paranoid villager may stay awake and kill anyone who visits them that night. (Seer, Sorc, DI, Wolf, Vamp, etc) (I would limit this to 3 nights max)

Quote:
I really like this role but again, only once.

I like this because it can hurt either side, and it gives this villager a tough time, cause they do not know when they should be on alert!

Zagwyn wrote:
The False (Wolf) Seer (WG)
This wolf is in tune with the other dimension, they may change a targets role at night so that if the Seer sees that person they appear to be an opposite role.
Quote:

The porbability of picking the same target as the seer is pretty low. I think it would work better as "if the seer sees this player, their role appears as oppositte" However if they're seen again then it will say theirtrue role.

I agree with you, I was just trying to think of roles for all the four wolves to have.

Zagwyn wrote:
Arsonist (VG/WG)
Like the Serial Killer, the arsonist wins by being the only player left.
The arsonist each night may choose to douse a player.
At night the arsonist may choose to ignite the dosed players.
Arsonist may not do both actions the same night.

Quote:
Exactly the same reasons as Serial Killer.

Could change the win condition. I know this would have an EXTREMELY low win % on its own, but it balances games like VG because it is a higher chance that villagers would die over Vamps, but its a chaos causer, which I know Sandra likes turn3

Zagwyn wrote:
The Grave Robber (WG/VG)
Unlike the Grave Digger stealing for items, the Grave Robber is here to steal your soul (and role! (at night)) The Grave Robber's role turns into the deceased targets role and assumes all victory conditions of that Role. It is announced the next day that a role has returned.

Quote:

This would be fine if people didn't KNOW the roles of the deceased, but they do so it's simply too powerful assuming this is a villager. It means that the villagers would get two seers, three priests, three sorcs. They could join the wolf or vampire side but let's be honest the swing is way too strong for the villagers who already win the majority of games.

Much too powerful now that you point out that, agreed.

Quote:

These roles are fine except for the fact that 80% of them benefit the side that already wins most of the time. Neutral roles are certainly one possibility but if they do hit a wolf then it hurts the wolves far more to lose one of their number than it hurts the vills.

Here's the problem with evil vs good roles as I see it.
Every good role is in a state of "guarentee". The priest WILL either get a permanent ally or find a vamp. The Seer WILL learn your role. The garlic WILL kill you outright. the blessed WILL kill you outright. Mr Popular WILL avoid being lynched and then you know he's innocent and probably insta blessed. I could go on.
Evil roles:
VB MIGHT get turned and then MIGHT die and trigger the buff.
DI MIGHT find the vampires but has done so 1/4 so far.
DP MIGHT debless a blessed target.
hell even the night action MIGHT succeed.

The problem that I'm seeing is the new vill roles get an instant guarenteed effect that they can work with one way or another. But the evil roles that we get are always chance, probability, possibility. If they come together then it's OP as hell but it relies on so much. But the vill roles just work regardless and the evil side is up against it by night one.

Anyway that's my notes on this. Keep coming up with roles.

I agree with your statement, that is why I think a neutral killing role would benefit the vamps/wolves more due to it being on its own team. A serial killer/arsonist (SK being more useful) would help balance the game, but winning as that role would be difficult (though the trade-off is that role is really fun).

Also giving the villagers killing roles still give them a higher chance to backfire, hence why them being a guarantee is slightly beneficial to the evil side when the numbers are higher.

Zagwyn
Wolfgame

En'enra wrote:
WG Role:

The Pure Man

The Pure Man starts off as a normal villager and he is not informed of his role -- thus, at the start of the game he is working for the villagers, and is "seen" as such. If the Pure Man survives until Day 3, he is transformed into a wolf and added to their ranks (he gets informed of who the other wolves are). If the wolves eat him before Day 3, nothing happens, but if the Pure Man is lynched during the days 1 or 2, this triggers Divine Retribution, which prevents the Sorc action the following night.

Inspired by the lyrics of Iced Earth's Wolf:

Even a man who's pure
And says his prayers by night
(He won't hear your prayers)
Man become a wolf
When the wolf bane blooms,
And the autumn moon is bright
(There's a full moon tonight)
Man may become a wolf

I like it a lot.

Zagwyn
Wolfgame

Quote:
Quote:

Serial Killer (Wolfgame/VG)
The Serial killer does not win with either wolves/vamps nor villagers, they win when they are the last person alive.
The Serial killer chooses one person to kill each night, and only the Sourcerer can stop the kill.
The Serial killer cannot be killed at night.

Quote:

This is is literally impossible since the game will either end when all wolves are dead or when the villager numbers are equal. Besides which is far too powerful to fit in an already swingy game imo.

The win condition could be slightly varied to account for this, since there are no longer two sides. The win condition could be when all evil roles are deceased. And this role would actually balance the game more, despite it's power. Though the victory for this role would be really low.

Also, making it so the Serial Killer cannot kill the MV would balance it more for the vamps.

MarioM
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
Wolfgame

PostPosted: Mon 05 Jun, 2017  Reply with quote

Awsome idea's!!
Maybe I can add mine to the list:

(WG/VG)
Escaper
This is a villager that can escape the town twice. He can choose to leave for 1 day and can also leave 1 night, perhaps if he thinks he is getting killed by the villagers he can leave for that day and so, he cant be killed. He can leave for 1 night and 1 day, but he has to tell the GM that the day or night before he leaves town. He comes back intstantly the night or day after he left (so if he left for the day he is back in the night.)
When he is out of town he can't vote because he is not there then .

(WG/VG)
The Policeman
This can be a villager but also a vampire or wolf. This person can put someone in jail for a day and a night. Once there is a person in jail, this person can't vote for the day or do any other action (and if he is a werewolf or vampire he also cant vote for the night). When you think someone is maybe gonna vote for you or a seer is trying to see what you are, you can putt them in jail so they can't do anything that day and night. You have to PM the GM the night before you lock someone up so he can tell the rest that day that someone is arrested.
This can also be interesting for the RP section!

Feel free to change/use my roles, i'd love to see someone making it more interesting or having a better idea.

Zagwyn
Wolfgame

MarioM wrote:
Awsome idea's!!
Maybe I can add mine to the list:

(WG/VG)
Escaper
This is a villager that can escape the town twice. He can choose to leave for 1 day and can also leave 1 night, perhaps if he thinks he is getting killed by the villagers he can leave for that day and so, he cant be killed. He can leave for 1 night and 1 day, but he has to tell the GM that the day or night before he leaves town. He comes back intstantly the night or day after he left (so if he left for the day he is back in the night.)
When he is out of town he can't vote because he is not there then .

(WG/VG)
The Policeman
This can be a villager but also a vampire or wolf. This person can put someone in jail for a day and a night. Once there is a person in jail, this person can't vote for the day or do any other action (and if he is a werewolf or vampire he also cant vote for the night). When you think someone is maybe gonna vote for you or a seer is trying to see what you are, you can putt them in jail so they can't do anything that day and night. You have to PM the GM the night before you lock someone up so he can tell the rest that day that someone is arrested.
This can also be interesting for the RP section!

Feel free to change/use my roles, i'd love to see someone making it more interesting or having a better idea.

I really like both those roles!

Marvin
cookie lover
cookie lover
Wolfgame
LD count: 12

I also like both ideas, the Policeman a bit more even (as long as the power gets limited). There are probably some details to be worked out, but I guess it can work.

Page 7 of 7Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

print   ShareShare