Dream Inducing Herbs

In addition to all of the notes below (and a lot more can be found about the risks of sulfur to health simply by googling it, Sulfides, used frequently in the preservation of fruit, especially from outside the US can cause allergic reactions in a large number of people. I’m one of them. All I need to do is eat one Sufide preserved orange and I will lose my voice for at least an hour. I didn’t have a clue what was causing it and i asked my gp. He asked right away if I’d eaten anything either outside my usual diet or from a source that was new for me. Since I had not been buying fruit from street stalls before and I’d recently begun to buy fruit salads from a vendor on campus, we were able to put 2 and 2 together. When I stopped buying from them, I had no repetition of the problem.

Extracts:

The European Union prescribes a maximum of no more than 20 ppm of sulfur for white sugar. And truly speaking, this cannot be achieved with conventional sulphitation processes of making sugar.

WHAT DOES SULPHUR DO?
• Sulfur in foodstuffs has been shown to be linked to colon rectal cancer.
• Sulfur is believed to destroy Vitamin A, as it promotes the oxidation of the conjugated double bonds, and is also known to destroy Vitamin B1…
• Sulfur and sulfur dioxide are also known to promote allergies and accelerate the onset of allergy attacks.
• Meta bisulfites are often used as food preservatives, but there are upper limits imposed on their concentration.

Sci Total Environ. 1991 Jan 15;101(3):281-90. Related Articles, Links

Toxicity to beef cattle of sulfur in saline well water: a case study.

Beke GJ, Hironaka R.

Agriculture Canada Research Station, Lethbridge, Alta.

A disorder diagnosed as polioencephalomalacia occurred in yearling Hereford heifers, but not in mature cows, within 2 months of exposure to saline well water. The physiological effects of the disorder matched most of the symptoms for bovine polioencephalomalacia. The water contained 3875 mg l-1 total dissolved salts, sulfate and sodium being the dominant ions. Calculated daily sulfur and sodium intakes were near the upper limit of their range for recommended maximum tolerance level. Sulfur toxicity was implicated as the causative agent for the disorder. Differences in effect of waters with similar sulfur contents were attributed to the total dietary sulfur intake by the cattle rather than to the saline water alone. Established guidelines for saline drinking water were deemed not applicable when fodder from saline land is supplied to or grazed by cattle.

PMID: 2038662 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

If patchouli oil works will burning incense before going to sleep help DR or LDing? Also were can these roots be found? Do i have to go to a specialty shop or can I simply find them in my grocery store?

Calea zacatechichi

Hi unseen, calea z. was quite a popular LD inducing herb as Buddax said. You can’t get it in health shops, but maybe in “head shops” or online. it has a bitter taste :panic: and looks like a big bag of weed, lol.

Never tried it personally, but some people have said that ginseng helps.

Yeah I took valerian for a while and it made me have very bad recall. I stopped taking it and my recall is back to normal. Valerian root is a very bad idea to help with lucid dreaming as far as my experience goes.

I feel compeled to point out that salt, the stuff you put on your dinner each night, is sodium chloride. Chlorine is so poisonous because it is higly reactive (the second most reactive of the halogens, about 3rd most over all) but when chlorine has reacted with other stuff it has filled up its outer shell and is “happy” and should leave other stuff alone.

I stopped taking Valerian Root as well. It seems to put you into a deeper sleep, which may make it harder for your consious mind meet your unconscious mind.

Brief background on my lucid dreaming ability:
I first started having LDs in 1999. Since then until 2006 I had between 2 and 3 good LDs per year. So that puts me at roughly a dozen total up until this year.

Then I really started commiting myself by scheduling naps, researching stratagies, reading books on Ludicidy, and trying herbal supliments. Since the beginning of this year, I have already had 6 Lucid Dreams (half of my lifetime total!).

I recently started taking Damiana capsules I picked up from Wild Oats healthfood store and I am IMPRESSED!

The first night I took one capsule (367mg) and just had normal dreams and normal recall. The second night I took two capules and had my first lucid dream since February. It took two again last night and had another lucid dream! Using the spinning technique I was able to stay in them for a good while longer than normal.

It is possible that the Damiana is acting as a placebo, but I won’t know for sure until I have taken it for a longer period.

I’ll update this thread as my research into Damiana progresses, but I am excited to fall asleep each night with my recent success.

Here’s an update on my Damiana experiment:

Two nights have passed since my last post. I am please to report that one night I had a LD, and the other I did not. That brings the current total to 3 Lucid Dreams in 4 nights of taking 2 capsules (roughly 725mg) of Damiana.

I chose to fly in last night’s lucid dream. I have had problems getting much height and speed when trying to fly in past LDs, so a few months ago I decided to “implant” the idea of my having rockets on my shoes and a hand-held thruster to control the boost. Once lucid and struggling to fly, I remembered this incubated idea and was able to soar above the highest tree.

I also think that my active participation i these forums as aided in my conscious effor to become lucid in my dreams.

Hey, guys! :peek: Today i found out about a “new” LD inducing herb - Red Spider Lily.

ibiblio.org/pfaf/cgi-bin/arr … is+radiata
ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/cons … ycorra.htm

I tried to find information about usage, consumption etc. via google, but got only the botanical information. Does anybody know anything about it? :help: :wink:

I was very disappointed in calea zacatechichi. My boyfriend got me a decent sized bag of the dried plant and a bottle of capsules. The capsules did absolutely nothing no matter how much I took, and smoking a cigarette of the herb was only slightly effective. The tea tasted so bad as to define description, and did nothing.

I’ve had some very good results with melatonin supplements, but taking it more often than once a week or so seems to build up a tolerance for me. Additionally, I dislike the groggy feeling I always get the next morning no matter how much I sleep in.

My current “LD cocktail” is a cup of tea infused with fresh catnip leaves, and a valerian supplement, about 30 minutes before bedtime.

Well, I haven’t had a single lucid dream since my last post above and it has been weeks! I even increased my dosage to 3 capsules before bedtime and still never got any closer than a few false awakenings that tricked me.

But I’m not totallly ready to give up on Damiana yet. There are two different types of Damiana: - Turnera diffusa and Turnera aphrodisiaca. I have been taking - Turnera diffusa capsules for about a month and I am wondering if I tried the Aphrodisiaca instead, it may have a better result. I believe that is the specific type that Erowid has reported increased lucidity.

Oh, well. Just wanted to update this thread in case anyone was curious as to how my experiment was going.

ENTADA RHEEDII, is commonly used in Africa to induce vivid dreams and enable communication with the spirit world.

Entada’s effect of increasing REM awareness, helps sleeper to realize that they are dreaming, and thus gives them an edge in achieving lucidity.

Find via the link below, on youtube - shows some ancient herbs for lucid dreaming -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhfmS0V4LZ0

How has mugwort not been mentioned yet in this thread?! Loooove mugwort! I feel like it is THE number 1 dream herb. Definitely improves my dream recall, if not my lucid dreams as well. And considering I am quite dense when it comes to the effects of herbal supplements, I am sure it would be even more effective for most people. Actually from all the reviews on the herb, I would say that it is indeed incredible for lucid dreaming. I drink it in a tea before bed and/or burn some mugwort smudge as I get ready for bed.

I have also read that Jasmine extract is tied to lucid dreaming, and have been putting a drop on my pillow every night, but I’ve yet to notice a difference. But hey, it smells so beautiful, it’s kinda worth it regardless.

I am growing Calea zacetechichi (aka the Dream Herb!!!) from seed as we speak, and I’m looking forward to using it in tea! I’ll keep ya posted.

And finally, there are some pretty potent supplements out there. Claridream Pro is one I’ve just started taking, and although it didn’t have much effect for me (like I said, dense…), the reviews speak for themselves.

How has mugwort not been mentioned yet in this thread?! Loooove mugwort! I feel like it is THE number 1 dream herb. Definitely improves my dream recall, if not my lucid dreams as well. And considering I am quite dense when it comes to the effects of herbal supplements, I am sure it would be even more effective for most people. Actually from all the reviews on the herb, I would say that it is indeed incredible for lucid dreaming. I drink it in a tea before bed and/or burn some mugwort smudge as I get ready for bed.

I have also read that Jasmine extract is tied to lucid dreaming, and have been putting a drop on my pillow every night, but I’ve yet to notice a difference. But hey, it smells so beautiful, it’s kinda worth it regardless.

I am growing Calea zacetechichi (aka the Dream Herb!!!) from seed as we speak, and I’m looking forward to using it in tea! I’ll keep ya posted.

And finally, there are some pretty potent supplements out there. Claridream Pro is one I’ve just started taking, and although it didn’t have much effect for me (like I said, dense…), the reviews speak for themselves.

I was wondering if any of you have tried Dream Leaf for lucid dreaming? Dream Leaf is a LD supplement that promotes lucid dreaming, dream recall, and balanced sleep. It has a cocktail of herbs in it and forces the user to perform a WBTB every night when using it. I just ordered some and will be posting my results on this topic, but it would be nice to hear what you guys think of Dream leaf.

Cool! I’ve seen it online but I haven’t tried it. Let us know how it works!!

I’ve been taking Dream Leaf for 4 days now and I’ve noticed a huge difference! First off I have consistently performed WBTB without a supplement before and I know how it affects my dreams and dream recall. Usually, I will get up to 3 dreams a night with most of my dreams being medium in length, some short dreams, and the occasional long dream. I’ve been averaging about 2 LD a month.

In the 4 days I’ve taken dream leaf I’ve had 2 LD’s, and I’m remembering 3-4 dreams a night. My dreams have been more story based and I usually have long dreams with completed storylines and some medium length dreams. The dreams have been more vivid and it’s been so much fun sleeping that I’ve been sleeping 10 hours a day… So far I am extremely happy with the effects.

I’ll put up another report on the progress after another week of use. I need to start dream journal but there has just been an overload of information.

Note: I’ve also started up meditation for lucid dreaming at the same time of starting dream leaf… So take that as you may.

Very cool! Sounds like a really good herb to try. And I have also noticed that meditation has significantly improved my dream recall and lucid dreaming.
As with many herbal supplements, I expect your improvements to lucid dreaming will only continue as you continue to take this herb on a regular basis