Trying to re-learn lucid dreaming

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Lanina
Wolf and Dreamer
Dream Deity

Trying to re-learn lucid dreaming
PostPosted: Mon 10 Jul, 2017  Reply with quote

Hello! I used to frequent this forum a lot during my teens, and I got quite good at lucid dreaming. I had a couple of LDs a month, and I were able to shapeshift, fly and summon people in those dreams.

Life got in the way, I didn't keep a dream diary regularly any more and I didn't practice my reality checks. I still have good dream recall, and I've gotten a lucid dream perhaps once in a while (but more like once or twice a year now).

I would like to start practicing again. Is there any advice that would be suited specifically for someone who once was good at lucid dreaming, but has now gotten rusty? I used to DILD mostly, using RCs and dream signs to notice I was dreaming. Sometimes I did WBTB, but I'm too lazy to do that nowadays when I hardly get enough sleep as is!

My goals are:
- Having lucid dreams in general
- Shapeshift in to a wolf in a dream
- Visit the Gods in a dream

All of these things I've done before, and would like to do again. Advice?

Koharo
Lone Wolf Brawler
cookie lover
Koharo has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 9/7/15: 106+

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jul, 2017  Reply with quote

Cool welcome back. If possible try and get more sleep to make it easier.
Other than that:
-Mindset. You really have to want it. Reread some of entries of some of your most memorable dreams for starters. Expose yourself to something that inspires you to LD.
-Manage stress
-Perform more reality checks/ ADA (Sometimes exercising self awareness helps to an extent)
-Record dreams to work dream recall (Use key points or notes if you don't have the time)
-Train yourself to recognize dream signs

Current LD goal(s): A man in a white room, very long dreads, he resembles me..He knows somethin..
AreYouMe
Oneironaut
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Twentish

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jul, 2017  Reply with quote

Hey man if it ain't broken don't fix it. On a serious note, I have a similar problem; I was always unable to be consistent with my lucid dreaming. From my experience, the thing that works with me the most is not really caring too much. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but I found out that going at it too seriously when coming back made my motivation wane too quickly.
Welcome back and I hope we see you around...

Current LD goal(s): Prolonged lucidity.
Magic Qwan
Obsessed Dreamer
Somniologist
Magic Qwan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 34-36

Re: Trying to re-learn lucid dreaming
PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul, 2017  Reply with quote

Lanina wrote:
Hello! I used to frequent this forum a lot during my teens, and I got quite good at lucid dreaming. I had a couple of LDs a month, and I were able to shapeshift, fly and summon people in those dreams.

Life got in the way, I didn't keep a dream diary regularly any more and I didn't practice my reality checks. I still have good dream recall, and I've gotten a lucid dream perhaps once in a while (but more like once or twice a year now).

I would like to start practicing again. Is there any advice that would be suited specifically for someone who once was good at lucid dreaming, but has now gotten rusty? I used to DILD mostly, using RCs and dream signs to notice I was dreaming. Sometimes I did WBTB, but I'm too lazy to do that nowadays when I hardly get enough sleep as is!

My goals are:
- Having lucid dreams in general
- Shapeshift in to a wolf in a dream
- Visit the Gods in a dream

All of these things I've done before, and would like to do again. Advice?

Hello again. I think we were buds in the same era back then.

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare