Lucidity Challenge 60: Special Awards Ceremony

This is a checkpoint post.

I have collected all the information from past posts.
All your personal goals and choices are online at lc60.keepdream.in/ just click what seems more natural to you!)

If you need to edit, please reply and tell what changed!
Thank you very much!

If you haven’t chosen, all techniques are still available:

If you haven’t chosen, you can select a subtask that hasn’t been taken!

Updated list of participants.

1. [color=#FFFF00]Siiw[/color] - Draw a circle in the air and successfully use it as a portal.
  2. [color=blue]LDbc12[/color] - Learn and play a short piece (given by a DC or the dream) on the piano.
  3. [color=green]moogle[/color] - do something in a LD
  4. [color=blue]demented[/color] - To finish something.
  5. [color=red]drd[/color] - ride Smokey
  6. [color=#9900FF]avalinah[/color] - no goals, I haven’t LDed in 5 years :happy:
  7. [color=green]Majah[/color] - explore a mirror
  8. [color=red]Koal44[/color] - Surf on the giant wave when it arrives
  9. [color=orange]Susan_Y[/color] - Transcribe some dream music
  10. [color=#9900FF]ChaosAngel[/color] - Fly over countryside
  11. [color=#4400FF]tachyon[/color] - Shoot explosive projectiles
  12. [color=#0065FF]James_UK2008[/color] - Shapeshift
  13. [color=red]mtilton[/color] - Lucid Dream a 3rd time, and for longer!
  14. [color=blue]DTDownUnder[/color] - Meet a copy/ clone of myself.
  15. [color=green]Jackiesworld[/color] - have a lucid dream
  16. [color=orange]Koharo[/color]- Confront the man from the white room
  17. [color=#FFFF00]MearaDelia[/color]- Meet my inner guide
  18. [color=violet]LucidWilliam[/color] - Climb a tree
  19. [color=violet]Cornelia Xaos[/color] - Jump REALLY High

[size=200]🔜[/size]

I will unlock the football task.

I don’t do any of the listed techniques (and don’t know what half of them are), so I will just leave that. Unless it helps unlock more tasks for people, in which case just put me down for a random one. Thanks.

Oh and I took my profile pic from the forum gallery so can you use that one? :smile:

Hello ChaosAngel, all set!

We are approaching Task 1.
Before that, I must describe a few rules related to dream art.

SPOILER - Click to view

All art must be posted on forum before claiming.
Art is accumulative, but one can only claim each type per dream.
There aren’t variable bonuses and they aren’t so valuable compared to most subtasks.

The art must be based on a dream which happened during the LC.

The score goes to the dreamer who had the dream inspiring the art.

The artist must confirm which dream it was based on while claiming.
It is recommended to create art based on your own dreams, however…
If you pay attention to it, it means that the artist can be someone else than the dreamer. It was added to encourage collaboration and DJ reading.

Drawing or Painting: 6 Points, Orange

Fiction: 5 Points, Yellow

Poetry: 5 Points, Green

Music Sheet: 6 Points, Indigo

Photography: 4 Points, Blue

Meme: 2 Points, Violet

Sculpture: 6 Points, Red

Remember that I need full author approval for claiming.

Note: It is recommended to post on Garden of Creation or Fruits of Lucidity to document that it was dream art. Please post the link here.

Possibly asked question: “If I write both music sheet and lyrics, may I claim both?”
or
“If I create an sculpture and take a photograph of it, may I claim both?”

You can only claim one art type per dream. Then we would set the highest score value.
This means we would apply music score to the former and sculpture to the latter.

Possibly asked question: “Can I find an existing artistic piece and claim as art?”
No. All art must be created during the LC based on a dream by an LC participant.

Tggtt what an excellent summary

1. Siiw - Draw a circle in the air and successfully use it as a portal.
  2. LDbc12 - Learn and play a short piece (given by a DC or the dream) on the piano.
  3. moogle - do something in a LD
  4. demented - To finish something.
  5. drd - ride Smokey
  6. avalinah - no goals, I haven’t LDed in 5 years :happy:
  7. Majah - explore a mirror
  8. Koal44 - Surf on the giant wave when it arrives
  9. Susan_Y - Transcribe some dream music
  10. ChaosAngel - Fly over countryside
  11. tachyon - Shoot explosive projectiles
  12. James_UK2008 - Shapeshift
  13. mtilton - Lucid Dream a 3rd time, and for longer!
  14. DTDownUnder - Meet a copy/ clone of myself.
  15. Jackiesworld - have a lucid dream
  16. Koharo- Confront the man from the white room
  17. MearaDelia- Meet my inner guide
  18. LucidWilliam - Climb a tree
  19. Cornelia Xaos - Jump REALLY High
  20. Globetrotter - talk to the great crab

[size=150]Last Checkpoint Post before Task 1.[/size]

All your personal goals and choices are online at lc60.keepdream.in/ just click what seems more natural to you!)

Thank you very much!

If you haven’t chosen, all techniques are still available:

If you haven’t chosen, you can select a subtask that hasn’t been taken!

1. [color=#FFFF00]Siiw[/color] - Draw a circle in the air and successfully use it as a portal.
  2. [color=blue]LDbc12[/color] - Learn and play a short piece (given by a DC or the dream) on the piano.
  3. [color=green]moogle[/color] - do something in a LD
  4. [color=blue]demented[/color] - To finish something.
  5. [color=red]drd[/color] - ride Smokey
  6. [color=#9900FF]avalinah[/color] - no goals, I haven’t LDed in 5 years :happy:
  7. [color=green]Majah[/color] - explore a mirror
  8. [color=red]Koal44[/color] - Surf on the giant wave when it arrives
  9. [color=orange]Susan_Y[/color] - Transcribe some dream music
  10. [color=#9900FF]ChaosAngel[/color] - Fly over countryside
  11. [color=#4400FF]tachyon[/color] - Shoot explosive projectiles
  12. [color=#0065FF]James_UK2008[/color] - Shapeshift
  13. [color=red]mtilton[/color] - Lucid Dream a 3rd time, and for longer!
  14. [color=blue]DTDownUnder[/color] - Meet a copy/ clone of myself.
  15. [color=green]Jackiesworld[/color] - have a lucid dream
  16. [color=orange]Koharo[/color]- Confront the man from the white room
  17. [color=#FFFF00]MearaDelia[/color]- Meet my inner guide
  18. [color=violet]LucidWilliam[/color] - Climb a tree
  19. [color=violet]Cornelia Xaos[/color] - Jump REALLY High
  20. Globetrotter - talk to the great crab

Thank you very much for so many signups!
Remember there is still time to join!
Let’s reach 21! We can do it.

Get ready for Task 1! We intend to post it tomorrow. Do not miss it!

First entry! WoooooooOOO!!!11
Let this party start

weeuu weeuu weeuu

SPOILER - Click to view

Thanks Tggtt for creating this framework of loooove

Dear Participants.

LC60® is about to start!

We will be posting the first task in 2 hours.

Be ready!

@LD4all #LucidityChallenge

Alrighty! It’s time for the first task! Now, I know that it’s become sort of a standard to have a story go along with the LC, but I think it’s getting a bit old. For this LC we’ll be diving straight into the tasks. After all, the economics-based scoring system will provide you guys with tons of extra entertainment during this challenge. I mean, who doesn’t love math homework, right? Anyway, since Tggtt is nowhere to be found, I guess I’ll be introducing the first task! Task 1 is called “To The–”

Suddenly, a bright spotlight comes into view. It’s… the LUCIDITY SIGNAL!

An emergency radio suddenly pipes up with an urgent voice: “Calling all brave lucid dreamers… we need your help! Hundreds of DCs are in trouble and can only be saved by powerful, kind-hearted dreamers! They are located on the remote island that the Lucidity Signal is being shone from! If you are listening, please end their troubles! You are their only h–” Mew turns off the radio, and turns to you. “Sorry about that. I don’t even know who put that radio there. Anyway, as I said, we’re not going to have stories for the tasks and that’s final! Now, please sit there quietly while I read off the tasks!”

Something bugs you about that radio broadcast, though. You are a brave, kind-hearted dreamer, so shouldn’t you be helping these troubled dream characters? This is clearly more important than anything Mew has to say! Suddenly a television set that you don’t remember seeing before catches your attention. It’s a live news broadcast straight from the remote island the radio guy was talking about earlier. You can see one of the troubled DCs!

“HELP! Won’t anyone help us?! Please, any lucid dreamers come and save us! We have a horrible disaster going on! Many of us are trapped! And there’s garbage everywhere, which lowers our property values! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!”

Well that’s the final straw. You need to rescue these dream characters before doing anything else. You stand up and fly off toward the source of the lucidity signal, leaving an upset Mew behind. “Hey!!! Come back here! I’m the glorious co-host! You have to listen to me! The subtasks were going to be so fun!” The voice trails away as you fly off to the rescue.

Task 1: To the Rescue!

Thank you very much Mew151, for the introduction! :happy:

This is Task 1. It is time to take a break from all competitiveness of the LC and rescue some DCs in trouble.

They are in a remote island and they suffer… :sad:
It is time for the great dreamers to help them overcome their problems.

In LC60® we have types for subtasks and some will be unlocked by voting.
Remember that they do not need to be performed in conjunction!

The first subtask is naturally to reach the remote volcanic island. Is it beautiful? Is it troubled? Please get there and tell us!

Notice: Voting is optional. Everyone is invited to vote, even the host, cohost and who is not participating. We will publish the results in 24 hours regardless and unlock the remaining subtasks.
Remember to ask your friends to vote on your favorite options!

When claiming dreams and tasks, remember that you can add a DJ link.
You need to add a link per dream you wrote there.

Please state the type of dream, as we always do in other LCs.
If you achieve an LD with an inducement technique, you can post it as well.

I choose to use wind power to blow away all the trash!

Great! Time to save some DC’s!!! :help:

For any preparation, I vote to bring first aid along to help out any DC’s that got hurt

For the superpower, I vote for using telekinesis so you can bring DC’s to safety without straining your back! :content:

Thank you very much for the suggestions drd and LucidWilliam! :content:

Please use this survey to cast your vote. You can also add your comments there!

It is open even to non members. Therefore, requiring to post here wouldn’t be adequate… I hope you understand!

Important: last call to define Week 1 Giveaways and Preferred Technique.
You won’t be allowed to change after the first LC dream is posted!

Please wait for the sample post before posting your dream! Thank you!

Hey everybody, it’s me, Mew! Co-host of the LC! Anyway, this here is a little sample post to guide you to reply with dreams for the LC60® in case you’re new to this thing. …Or maybe an old member whose head is still spinning from the new rules.

If you do not wish to claim DJ Entry points or Technique Points, it works pretty much like past challenges. However, if you wish to claim these points (and you should, they’re free!), please pay attention! We need all this info for each dream!

Examples:

[size=75](Note: Feel free to dream of any cute Mews, but it probably won’t get you any points) :tongue: [/size]

Please notice that we added the links there.

DJ Entry points are valid to any dream type! Free points!
On the other hand, if you claim LD technique points for an ND, well… obviously it won’t be counted. :tongue:

Note: This is just a sample that you do not need to follow closely. Just remember that it is important to us to link us to a DJ and specify a technique when claiming DJ and technique points for each dream.

Thanks!
Hope you all have great LD’s tonight!

Non-lucid dream in which I visit an art gallery, get some photographs developed, and write my dream journal with a pencil.

I’m going to claim the pencil task for using a pencil to write my dream journal entry. In the dream, a DC of my mother showed me a painting. I hope that counts for the learn art from a DC task.

P.S. I’m using my phone at the moment, to write down the dream while I can still remember it. I’ll edit in a hyperlink to the DJ entry when I sit down at a proper computer.

EDIT: added hyperlink

I had one fully remembered ND: [community.ld4all.com/t/siiws-21th-book-of-dreams/40490/140)

This ND is so generic that it is usually not posted, along with the “running to the school bus” and “wrapping up flowers” ones. Maybe the “This isn’t my car” dream will be useful for once. :cool_raz:

This is a checkpoint post.

Thank you very much!
Congratulations Susan_Y for claiming Dream 1 of LC60®!

Susan_Y just earned 6 points (5 for subtask plus 1 shared) and has taken 1st position.

Now Pencil subtask has one success! How nice!

Notice to Susan_Y: remember that if you wish to add a DJ entry to your dream, please edit your previous post and reply to this message to notify me. Thanks.

Congratulations Siiw for claiming the first DJ entry of the LC60®!
Now we have 1 DJ link total.

I am glad of your achievements by now!

Now that I’m at a proper computer, I’ve added a dream journal entry for the previously-mentioned dream, so I’ll claim the points for that too.

It’s sometimes hard to tell if two dreams in the same night are separate dreams or one dream that changes subject half-way through. (Statistical analysis of dreams, e.g. by Hall, van de Castle or Domhoff, often uses statistical measures that aren’t affected by dream length to avoid this problem). For scoring, I’ll count this as a single dream.

Thursday July 20.
1 ND NO TASK/SUBTASK

DJ link Big Red Bus

Hi everyone, how’s life?

I managed to get some internet, so I’ve come here first.
Good to see that the first tasks are up, this should be fun!

I have taken a couple weeks off work, driven the 1500kms to the coast, and I’m currently doing my solo skydiving course. I’m super focused on my training right now, and I’m going for my first solo jump tomorrow, so I’m not sure how much energy I’ll still have for dreaming, but I’ll try my best.

I only have a phone for Internet right now, so If anyone has anything to ask me about the LC or if there is anything I need to do, please PM me, as I’ll definitely see that.

Anyway, I’ve got to get some sleep, big day tomorrow.

Stay Fearless!

Short LD and one ND, here. No tasks.

I was in a classroom for the ND, too bad I didn’t see a pen or pencil :content:

Also, for the LD, I am not sure if I get DEILD points because I am 70% sure that I only woke up into a FA. But I did technically re-enter the dream, so…

EDIT: I’m gonna say that I didn’t actually DEILD. so no technique points for me.