Lucidity Challenge 60: Special Awards Ceremony

Well, you did it! You saved the remote volcanic island from all kinds of deadly danger. And you even picked up trash to be nice! You’re a real hero to them. “Thank you,” an important-looking DC says to you, “we are forever grateful for your heroic acts. Please take this as a reward…” You’re handed a big medal that says “YOU DID IT!” written in Comic Sans. Well, it’s the thought that counts, not the typeface, right?

As you put the ribbon on, you notice a helicopter landing on a nearby helipad. Some reporters and a camera crew get out and start walking towards you when they spot your shiny medal. “Are you the hero who saved this island?” a news woman asks you. You nod and she snaps her fingers. Some crew members come up to you and start dusting your face with makeup so you look “camera ready”, and within a few seconds your suddenly being interviewed for the news! You describe your heroic acts in great detail, even showing some pictures you happened to draw for some reason, with the TV crew looking pretty impressed. After all, this makes for some great TV!

Within minutes of the report airing on TV, you get contacted by some business executives. They want you to give a celebrity endorsement of their product. You’re famous now! You accept the flood of deals coming your way. You make guest appearances on TV shows, get invited on radio shows, and even get to appear in a drag race commercial! In fact, that last commercial got you an even stranger offer: An invitation to participate in the “Annual Lucid Dreamer’s Worldwide Race”. The invitation comes from the event organizer, Bartholomew Notanaddict, who would be honored to have you participate. While you’ve never heard of this event before, clearly it seems like a valid offer that isn’t in any way deceptive.

You arrive at the meeting spot for the race participants, which is just some dark room with a bunch of chairs. You sit down with the other participants and notice they all seem familiar… you can’t quite put your finger on it, but you know these people from somewhere. As soon as you realize what you recognize them from, you hear a familiar voice. “AHA! I finally found you all! I can’t believe that actually worked!” Mew appears, visibly upset. “I can’t believe you all ditched on me! But now, I finally got all of you Lucidity Challenge participants together!” Mew takes out a stack of documents and starts searching through them. “Now, where were we. I guess we’re now in week two or so… so, that means this week’s task is… well, let me first calculate the differential and…”

You stare at the other participants, impatient and upset about this whole LC business. You were actually pretty excited about that race… and all the other participants seemed pretty excited too. While Mew’s distracted calculating stuff, you sneak out and decide to take part in that race after all! … Just as soon as you decide where it is and what exactly you’ll be racing in…

I ran a bit behind being busy with real life stuff. Planning to DJ more often, now I have two LDs to report, no NDs yet as they weren’t DJ’d:

• Night after 20 July: one Short LD with some kind of event in a stoney landscape.
  • Night after 22 July: one Medium LD about philosophical discussions, cats and flying/steering aircraft. I remember being awake that morning and having lots of HH, so I’ll treat this as a “mostly accidental” WILD (up to host for interpretation). Also heard a deep bellish pad soundtrack, I would recreate it if I still recalled it.

No online DJ link. Claiming task: see aircraft.

Just in time… :wink:

Edit: pls don’t ban me for posting inbetween your cosy close posts <3

Task 2: Racing and High Speeds!

Mew151 is right! It’s time to be quick during this week!

This is Task 2. We are back to the competitiveness everyone enjoys in the LC, right?

People are impressed by your abilities. This time you have been invited to break records.
Can you reach incredibly high speeds? What happens when you break the speed of sound?
What about the speed of light?

You must go there and do it quickly! On your marks! Go to bed!

Wait! Do not sleep yet, please read the rest of the plan.

In LC60® we have types for subtasks and some will be unlocked by voting.
Remember that they do not need to be performed in conjunction!

The first subtask is naturally to reach the scene where you are supposed to reach super high speeds. How is it going to be? It is your decision that counts!

[size=200]To avoid affecting the voting, picture will only be added afterwards.[/size]

Notice: Voting is optional. Everyone is invited to vote, even the host, cohost and who is not participating. We will publish the results in 24 hours regardless and unlock the remaining subtasks.
Remember to ask your friends to vote on your favorite options!

When claiming dreams and tasks, remember that you can add a DJ link.
You need to add a link per dream you wrote there.

Please state the type of dream, as we always do in other LCs.
If you achieve an LD with an inducement technique, you can post it as well.

Week 1 standings:

Position Participant Total Subtask Value Total Score
1 st LDbc12 140.00 140.33
2 nd Koharo 113.00 114.33
3 rd Cornelia Xaos 106.00 107.00
4 th Eilatan 68.00 74.00
5 th ChaosAngel 66.00 69.00
6 th DTDownUnder 53.00 53.00
7 th moogle 47.00 52.33
8 th LucidWilliam 47.00 47.00
9 th AreYouMe 41.00 41.00
10 th Susan_Y 22.00 23.33
11 th James_UK2008 18.00 20.33
12 th Siiw 19.00 19.00
13 th Majah 17.00 17.33
14 th avalinah 0.00 1.00
14 th Koal44 0.00 1.00
16 th demented 0.00 0.00
16 th drd 0.00 0.00
16 th tachyon 0.00 0.00
16 th mtilton 0.00 0.00
16 th Jackiesworld 0.00 0.00
16 th MearaDelia 0.00 0.00
16 th Globetrotter 0.00 0.00

I claim SSILD…

Also, Thank god I didn’t do the first task. Those poor DCs would’ve had to face my wrath had they given me a medal on which the engraving is in comics sans…

Just a dream from this morning… Nothing much else.
Velociprey Ninja ~ Non-Lucid Dream

Stats So Far:

[spoiler]“Fragments”: 1
NLDs: 13
Short LDs: 1

Task 1: Locate a Trapped DC, Change Emotion of a DC

RCILDs: 1

Dream Art: 6
Meme: 1
[/spoiler]

Hello? What do you mean by that?
Did you get an LD by SSILD? You have already claimed shares of the technique upon joining.

Dear participants: We are during Week 1 tolerance. If you don’t post the dream date, it is considered to be Week 2.
Thanks!

What is happening?
Techniques and Task 1 subtasks without attempts have increased in bonus by two!

The tried ones are stuck with the same value.

[size=75]We will add one point to subtasks that were only tried once though, keeping the balancing efforts, so you still have motivation to try everything.[/size]

This is a checkpoint post.

I have collected all the information from past posts.
All your personal goals and choices are online at lc60.keepdream.in/ just click what seems more natural to you!)
The scoreboard is online and updated.

If you need to edit, please reply and tell what changed!
Thank you very much!

Signups

[spoiler]Signups are open for the whole LC, however, you cannot claim dreams older than your joining date!
Updated list of participants.

1. [color=#DDAA00]Siiw[/color] - Draw a circle in the air and successfully use it as a portal.
  2. [color=#0099FF]LDbc12[/color] - Learn and play a short piece (given by a DC or the dream) on the piano.
  3. [color=#00A000]moogle[/color] - do something in a LD
  4. [color=#0099FF]demented[/color] - To finish something.
  5. [color=#A00000]drd[/color] - ride Smokey
  6. [color=#9900FF]avalinah[/color] - no goals, I haven’t LDed in 5 years :happy:
  7. [color=#00A000]Majah[/color] - explore a mirror
  8. [color=#A00000]Koal44[/color] - Surf on the giant wave when it arrives
  9. [color=#FF6600]Susan_Y[/color] - Transcribe some dream music
  10. [color=#9900FF]ChaosAngel[/color] - Fly over countryside
  11. [color=#4400FF]tachyon[/color] - Shoot explosive projectiles
  12. [color=#0099FF]James_UK2008[/color] - Shapeshift
  13. [color=#A00000]mtilton[/color] - Lucid Dream a 3rd time, and for longer!
  14. [color=#0099FF]DTDownUnder[/color] - Meet a copy/ clone of myself.
  15. [color=#00A000]Jackiesworld[/color] - have a lucid dream
  16. [color=#FF6600]Koharo[/color]- Confront the man from the white room
  17. [color=#DDAA00]MearaDelia[/color]- Meet my inner guide
  18. [color=#9900FF]LucidWilliam[/color] - Climb a tree
  19. [color=#9900FF]Cornelia Xaos[/color] - Jump REALLY High
  20. Globetrotter - talk to the great crab
  21. [color=#9900FF]Eilatan[/color] - Dream of a Good Man
  22. [color=#4400FF]AreYouMe[/color] - Advanced Flight

Upon joining, you can choose a LDing technique that had no successes!
Here, we provide a list of approved techniques you can choose:

• CALD (available);
  • DEILD (available);
  • FILD (available);
  • HILD (available);
  • LDILD (available);
  • MILD (had successes);
  • RCILD (had successes);
  • SSILD (available);
  • UILD (available);
  • VILD (available);
  • WILD (available);
    [/spoiler]

[color=#A00000]Red:[/color]âš½ Soccer/Football: See a soccer/football. ChaosAngel

✉ Envelope: Find an envelope. mtilton

🂱 Playing Card: Find playing cards. Koal44

♿ Wheelchair: Push or Ride a Wheelchair.

ðŸ￾¥ Hospital: Visit a Hospital. moogle

ðŸ￾§ ATM: Use an ATM.

[color=#FF6600]Orange:[/color]âš¾ Baseball: See a base ball. Koharo

â›· Skis: See skis. LucidWilliam

🀇 Mahjong: Find mahjong stones. Cornelia Xaos

📴 Mobile Phone Off: Turn off a mobile phone. LucidWilliam

🚫 No Entry: Get into a forbidden room. Koharo

🚲 Ride a Bicycle: Ride a Bicycle. ChaosAngel

[color=#FFEE00]Yellow:[/color]âš­ Wedding: See a wedding ceremony. Cornelia Xaos

â›± Umbrella on Ground: See umbrella on ground.

ðŸ￾‚ Domino: Find domino stones.

🎦 Cinema: Get into a Cinema.

🚱 Non-Potable Water: Drink non-potable water.

☢ Radioactive: Find radioactive waste.

[color=#00A000]Green:[/color]✄ Scissors: Find scissors. DTDownUnder

âœ￾ Pencil: Find a pencil. Susan_Y

✈ Airplane!: See an airplane. Majah

ðŸ￾¤ Post Office: Go to a Post Office.

💭 Thought Balloon: See a thought balloon.

💇 Haircut: Get a haircut.

[color=#0099FF]Blue:[/color]⛄ Snowman: See a snowman. AreYouMe

⛈ Thunderstorm: Watch a thunderstorm. LDbc12

ðŸš￾ Helicopter: See a helicopter. James_UK2008

ðŸ￾¨ Hotel: Go to a Hotel. LDbc12

♨ Hot Spring: Get into a hot spring. Susan_Y

ℹ Information: Reply information question. Eilatan

[color=#4400FF]Indigo:[/color]⛵ Sail Boat: See a sail boat on water. avalinah

â￾„ Snowflake: See a snowflake. tachyon

🚂 Steam Locomotive: See a steam locomotive. Siiw

ðŸ￾ª Convenience Store: Go to a Convenience Store. AreYouMe

⛽ Refuel: Refuel a vehicle.

🎪 Circus: Get into a Circus. Majah

[color=#9900FF]Violet:[/color]â›´ Ferry: See a ferry vessel. Cornelia Xaos

⛸ Ice Skate: See an Ice Skate.

✑ Pen: Find an ink pen. moogle

🚤 Speedboat: See a speedboat running.

ðŸš￾ Bus Stop: Go to a Bus Stop. LDbc12

🚼 Carry a Baby: Carry a baby.

NOTICE: These subtasks are only valid for score one day after unlocking.

IMPORTANT: Only one participant can own each subtask. You cannot select the same one someone else has taken!

Complete list of open Subtasks.

As some of you have noticed, the simple subtasks were added for balancing.
I know some of you are overwhelmed by the amount of subtasks but do not worry, we intend to decrease the number of giveaways during late tasks.

I marked to update the subtask unlock rules when posting Task 1 but I forgot. My apologies. The deal here is that there is a limit to avoid a participant from owning everything. I hope you understand! Thank you![spoiler]There are limits to avoid participants from owning all the unlockable subtasks:

1. Total Limit: 8 unlockable subtasks per participant;
  2. Maximum 2 unlocks per color category.

The limit of 8 is valid for every unlockable, including giveaways and other unlocks.

Each participant can only unlock two subtasks by completing each color, therefore, they only unlock when reaching 4 and/or 8 subtasks of a given color.

This is important to stop participants from repeating accumulative tasks and to keep the challenge balanced.[/spoiler]

Check in post updating tomorrow. Had an ND no tasks completed, but I plan on doing a dream art sketch for it. I’ll follow up and post again when it’s completed/updated.

1 ND, no tasks/subtasks done, DJ entry “Vegetarian”

EDIT:
remembered another ND, no tasks/subtasks, DJ entry “Cauliflower”

That makes a total of 2 ND’s for today

Thursday one ND

Carefree [i][color=blue]I would have given myself the strong emotion task but since I rarely cry in RL or dreams I can’t :cry: [/color] That part of the dream was so great though :grin:

[/i]

I had one ND where I was LOOKING for ink pens, envelopes, and scissors. I didn’t find them! DJ entry

Thats an amazing experience moogle :happy:

Gah, just spent over an hour typing my dreams.

Three ND’s and one short LD. The LD was just a DILD, although I did RC once lucid just to make sure (don’t think that counts for RCILD).

No main tasks, but I did get some subsubtasks:

I saw and used a pen in two of the dreams (I know it only counts once).
I was on a school bus, and it stopped for a girl at her bus stop.
I dreamed of Jackiesworld! (I know her IRL, so that wasn’t too difficult).
Also, I dreamed of you, Tggtt, but it was on IRC. Does that count?

Yes and I came away from it thinking the DC is ME and if I can do it in dreams - I can at least reduce stress in RL so planning a hour with a Paul Mckenna CD tonight :grin:

Had one ND here this morning. No tasks/subtasks.

Sorry for being so late on posting, but I had 4 NDs last night. Since they were my last night they were undertaken before I read Task 2, therefore they were done during Week 1.

In the second ND I accomplished the “Reach the Volcano Island” task.

I also drew art for the first 3 NDs (which can be seen in the post).

Week 1 Stats so Far:

[spoiler] 23rd July - 1 ND / DJ entry, Pen Subtask, Change Emotion of DC Subtask + Dream Art (Drawing)
24th July - 1 ND / DJ entry, Helicopter Subtask, Meet Family of DCs Subtask + Dream Art (Drawing)
25th July - 1 ND / DJ entry, Soccerball Subtask + Dream Art (Drawing)
26th July - 2 NDs / DJ entries, Reply Information Question Subtask
27th July - 4 NDs / DJ entries, Volcano Island Task + 3 Dream Art (Drawing) [/spoiler]

This is a follow up to this post. I have posted the ND from the quote and will be back later tonight with the dream art for this ND. I plan on sketching the brief clash with Aizen.

In addition to that I’ve posted my dreams for today, but I have a couple questions regarding techniques.
-Can MILD overlap with certain reality checks (namely the hand RC)? I often pair my hand RC with my mantras and critical questions, and arrived examining my hands. The sight of my hands and sudden scenery change room were lucid triggers and it all pretty much hit me all at once.

-For the DEILD, does the dream exit have to be intentional or could it occur from other factors such as destabilization or naturally ending?

Other than that this is what I’m working with for this submission:
-Yesterday’s ND (dream art coming later tonight)
-2 Medium LD 's (dream art for these coming later tonight)
-Seeing a boat with a sail (saw a bunch of boats and got a glimpse of part of the massive sail on our pirate ship).

Dreamocracy results for Week 2.

The results are in!

The people have asked for:1. water environment.

1. A special suit and helmet;
  2. And reach the speed of light!

Thanks to the 20 voters!

Task 2: Racing and High Speeds!
Update

Mew151 is right! It’s time to be quick during this week!

This is Task 2. We are back to the competitiveness everyone enjoys in the LC, right?

People are impressed by your abilities. This time you have been invited to break records.
Can you reach incredibly high speeds? What happens when you break the speed of sound?
What about the speed of light?

You must go there and do it quickly! On your marks! Go to bed!

Wait! Do not sleep yet, please read the rest of the plan.

In LC60® we have types for subtasks and some will be unlocked by voting.
Remember that they do not need to be performed in conjunction!

The first subtask is naturally to reach the scene where you are supposed to reach super high speeds. How is it going to be? It is your decision that counts!

Hello, LDbc12 congratulations on your LD!
However, I would like to ask to be more specific when claiming subtasks in dreams. I need to know which dream and each subtask happened first. I acknowledge that you had a DJ where I could verify this, but this should not be mandatory.
Thank you.

Oh no! Eilatan managed to dream of the volcanic island during the first Week!
This means the bonus values of this task will be as high as expected.

Dear participants: Week 1 tolerance is now over. Further Week 1 dreams will not be accepted.
However, you can still add art to old dreams during the following week.

Thanks!

Hello Koharo, the answer to this question is part of the first post of the challenge, which reads:

Both are valid, I just require that: 1- you are lucid since before the dream starts; 2- you need to perceive the dream starting; 3- you need to have the intent to achieve the DEILD.

These are added to avoid people claiming DILDs as DEILDs.
Accidental techniques are not accepted because they are hard to verify. (harder than usual).

Please write a new post for these, I have not added your claims.

This is a checkpoint post.

I have collected all the information from past posts.
All your personal goals and choices are online at lc60.keepdream.in/ just click what seems more natural to you!)
The scoreboard is online and updated.

If you need to edit, please reply and tell what changed!
Thank you very much!

Signups

[spoiler]Signups are open for the whole LC, however, you cannot claim dreams older than your joining date!
Updated list of participants.

1. [color=#DDAA00]Siiw[/color] - Draw a circle in the air and successfully use it as a portal.
  2. [color=#0099FF]LDbc12[/color] - Learn and play a short piece (given by a DC or the dream) on the piano.
  3. [color=#00A000]moogle[/color] - do something in a LD
  4. [color=#0099FF]demented[/color] - To finish something.
  5. [color=#A00000]drd[/color] - ride Smokey
  6. [color=#9900FF]avalinah[/color] - no goals, I haven’t LDed in 5 years :happy:
  7. [color=#00A000]Majah[/color] - explore a mirror
  8. [color=#A00000]Koal44[/color] - Surf on the giant wave when it arrives
  9. [color=#FF6600]Susan_Y[/color] - Transcribe some dream music
  10. [color=#9900FF]ChaosAngel[/color] - Fly over countryside
  11. [color=#4400FF]tachyon[/color] - Shoot explosive projectiles
  12. [color=#0099FF]James_UK2008[/color] - Shapeshift
  13. [color=#A00000]mtilton[/color] - Lucid Dream a 3rd time, and for longer!
  14. [color=#0099FF]DTDownUnder[/color] - Meet a copy/ clone of myself.
  15. [color=#00A000]Jackiesworld[/color] - have a lucid dream
  16. [color=#FF6600]Koharo[/color]- Confront the man from the white room
  17. [color=#DDAA00]MearaDelia[/color]- Meet my inner guide
  18. [color=#9900FF]LucidWilliam[/color] - Climb a tree
  19. [color=#9900FF]Cornelia Xaos[/color] - Jump REALLY High
  20. Globetrotter - talk to the great crab
  21. [color=#9900FF]Eilatan[/color] - Dream of a Good Man
  22. [color=#4400FF]AreYouMe[/color] - Advanced Flight

Upon joining, you can choose a LDing technique that had no successes!
Here, we provide a list of approved techniques you can choose:

• CALD (available);
  • DEILD (available);
  • FILD (available);
  • HILD (available);
  • LDILD (available);
  • MILD (had successes);
  • RCILD (had successes);
  • SSILD (available);
  • UILD (available);
  • VILD (available);
  • WILD (available);
    [/spoiler]

[color=#A00000]Red:[/color]âš½ Soccer/Football: See a soccer/football. ChaosAngel

✉ Envelope: Find an envelope. mtilton

🂱 Playing Card: Find playing cards. Koal44

♿ Wheelchair: Push or Ride a Wheelchair.

ðŸ￾¥ Hospital: Visit a Hospital. moogle

ðŸ￾§ ATM: Use an ATM.

[color=#FF6600]Orange:[/color]âš¾ Baseball: See a base ball. Koharo

â›· Skis: See skis. LucidWilliam

🀇 Mahjong: Find mahjong stones. Cornelia Xaos

📴 Mobile Phone Off: Turn off a mobile phone. LucidWilliam

🚫 No Entry: Get into a forbidden room. Koharo

🚲 Ride a Bicycle: Ride a Bicycle. ChaosAngel

[color=#FFEE00]Yellow:[/color]âš­ Wedding: See a wedding ceremony. Cornelia Xaos

â›± Umbrella on Ground: See umbrella on ground.

ðŸ￾‚ Domino: Find domino stones.

🎦 Cinema: Get into a Cinema.

🚱 Non-Potable Water: Drink non-potable water.

☢ Radioactive: Find radioactive waste.

[color=#00A000]Green:[/color]✄ Scissors: Find scissors. DTDownUnder

âœ￾ Pencil: Find a pencil. Susan_Y

✈ Airplane!: See an airplane. Majah

ðŸ￾¤ Post Office: Go to a Post Office.

💭 Thought Balloon: See a thought balloon.

💇 Haircut: Get a haircut.

[color=#0099FF]Blue:[/color]⛄ Snowman: See a snowman. AreYouMe

⛈ Thunderstorm: Watch a thunderstorm. LDbc12

ðŸš￾ Helicopter: See a helicopter. James_UK2008

ðŸ￾¨ Hotel: Go to a Hotel. LDbc12

♨ Hot Spring: Get into a hot spring. Susan_Y

ℹ Information: Reply information question. Eilatan

[color=#4400FF]Indigo:[/color]⛵ Sail Boat: See a sail boat on water. avalinah

â￾„ Snowflake: See a snowflake. tachyon

🚂 Steam Locomotive: See a steam locomotive. Siiw

ðŸ￾ª Convenience Store: Go to a Convenience Store. AreYouMe

⛽ Refuel: Refuel a vehicle.

🎪 Circus: Get into a Circus. Majah

[color=#9900FF]Violet:[/color]â›´ Ferry: See a ferry vessel. Cornelia Xaos

⛸ Ice Skate: See an Ice Skate.

✑ Pen: Find an ink pen. moogle

🚤 Speedboat: See a speedboat running.

ðŸš￾ Bus Stop: Go to a Bus Stop. LDbc12

🚼 Carry a Baby: Carry a baby.

NOTICE: These subtasks are only valid for score one day after unlocking.

IMPORTANT: Only one participant can own each subtask. You cannot select the same one someone else has taken!

Complete list of open Subtasks.

As some of you have noticed, the simple subtasks were added for balancing.
I know some of you are overwhelmed by the amount of subtasks but do not worry, we intend to decrease the number of giveaways during late tasks.

I marked to update the subtask unlock rules when posting Task 1 but I forgot. My apologies. The deal here is that there is a limit to avoid a participant from owning everything. I hope you understand! Thank you![spoiler]There are limits to avoid participants from owning all the unlockable subtasks:

1. Total Limit: 8 unlockable subtasks per participant;
  2. Maximum 2 unlocks per color category.

The limit of 8 is valid for every unlockable, including giveaways and other unlocks.

Each participant can only unlock two subtasks by completing each color, therefore, they only unlock when reaching 4 and/or 8 subtasks of a given color.

This is important to stop participants from repeating accumulative tasks and to keep the challenge balanced.[/spoiler]

Non-lucid dream about a squeezable ball.

Non-lucid dream in which I play the accordion in a band.

Non-lucid dream in which I see a large tree.

I’ll claim the points for 3 dream journal entries, and the “meet your dream team” task (the other members of the band when I was playing the accordion; there were at least 4 of them – more like 6 – as required for the task).