EN \ NL \ FR
Current Wings Quest 116
Interview!
print ShareShare 

Pushing the Boundaries of Dream Reality: Amazing Experiences

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
~Phantasmagoria~
Quaerendo Invenietis
Novice dreamer
20
Posts: 16
Joined: 20 Sep 2015
Last Visit: 23 Sep 2017
LD count: 500+
 
Pushing the Boundaries of Dream Reality: Amazing Experiences
PostPosted: Mon 04 Sep, 2017  Reply with quote

Yo! I am on a quest to push the boundaries of what I perceive to be possible while aware within a dream to further my understanding of all realities. If you feel comfortable, please share the most interesting things you have ever done in a Lucid Dream!

I will start:


Manipulate Light
Create / Venture inside a Blackhole
See your entire lifetime flash before your eyes
Extract yourself from the universe to witness its entire evolution
Embed myself within a mathematical set containing the topologies of various objects to experience what it means to be a set / object, and what it means to define different types of topologies
Observe & Manipulate the "Ultimate Element" - an ever changing form that can become anything and everything
Experience various types of fractals
Travel through, reverse time
Find & Travel to "Pocket Dimensions"
Wander through a Tesseract
Fly faster than light
Talk to Subconscious
Transmute Fear into Love
Enter a Dream Hierarchy from within a Lucid Dream
Emanate Love to the entire Dreamscape
Paint with Clouds
Listen to Beauty
Visit a Dream City
Try to project nothing onto the dreamscape to witness its purest form
Feel the Fabric of Spacetime
Interact with different Timelines
Shed your dream body
Fuse with a latent part of yourself
See a symphony of color
Mutual Lucid Dream
Ask for information unknown to you within a dream that turns out to be true in this reality



Current LD goal(s): Vanquish any residual fear and transmute negativity into love and compassion
back to top
AreYouMe
Oneironaut
Lucid Initiate
20
Posts: 70
Joined: 13 Mar 2016
Last Visit: 29 Sep 2017
LD count: Twentish
Location: Algeria
 
PostPosted: Thu 14 Sep, 2017  Reply with quote

I transformed into a transformer (Ha, ironic...). It was quite weird; I could actually feel the metallic gears churning and the oil that replaced my blood.


Current LD goal(s): Prolonged lucidity.
back to top
Arial
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
23
Posts: 19
Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Last Visit: 17 Sep 2017
LD count: 10ish
Location: Nomadic
 
PostPosted: Sat 16 Sep, 2017  Reply with quote

Hi ~Phantasmagoria~, that's a very inspiring list of things you have experienced. Wow, I wish I could do these kind of things too! I have only had about ten or twenty kind-of-lucid dreams.

The only things I could probably add to this topic are these, but they were actually WILD's and maybe still a bit of just waking imaginations with eyes closed and body very very relaxed. Not really sure because they were only half vivid.

- visit the source of all love. (The dream then actually led me to a well where i saw my own reflection. Of course, face palm.)
- visit the Tree of Life, and talk there with a dead friend who was sitting on one of the branches.

I would really like to, if I can have a lucid dream again, to meet myself (as in, the body-mind version of me that I am during this life time). And I would just like to see what would happen if we would talk with each other. And I would like to see if I could make love with myself.

Also I would like to sometime have a conversation with Jesus, Gautama the Buddha and Mohammed.

I would also like to do a test in which I would put a random play card up side down without seeing which one it is, somewhere in my house, then in a lucid dream flipping it upside down and seeing which card it is. Then next morning see if the card is still up side down and which card it was.
You mentioned obtaining knowledge you couldn't have known in a lucid dream that later turned out to be true. I'm interested to hear about the details, if you're willing to share.
In the same category I'm wanting to visit a lover who died a year ago (I have been trying now and then but not successful yet) and there are of cost many things I would love to talk about with him and also just to experiment his loving presence again, but also I would like to get some details from him about his brothers life that I can then check with his brother so that I'm sure i was really in contact with him.

Going into a dark hole... Did that hurt? What happened, how did it feel? Did your body lengthen when you were being pulled into it? And did you somehow got out alive on some other side?

Love and cheers!



Current LD goal(s): Getting ld's that are stable and vivid
back to top
Arial
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
23
Posts: 19
Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Last Visit: 17 Sep 2017
LD count: 10ish
Location: Nomadic
 
PostPosted: Sat 16 Sep, 2017  Reply with quote

I would also be curious about pushing the boundaries of our learning capacities. Through lucid dreaming, can we learn to play a new instrument overnight? Or learn to speak a new language, or do all kinds of skateboard tricks.. etc?


Current LD goal(s): Getting ld's that are stable and vivid
back to top
~Phantasmagoria~
Quaerendo Invenietis
Novice dreamer
20
Posts: 16
Joined: 20 Sep 2015
Last Visit: 23 Sep 2017
LD count: 500+
 
PostPosted: Sun 17 Sep, 2017  Reply with quote

AreYouMe wrote:
I transformed into a transformer (Ha, ironic...). It was quite weird; I could actually feel the metallic gears churning and the oil that replaced my blood.


How interesting! Thank you for sharing. What did it feel like to experience the body of a transformer? Did it feel natural?


Arial wrote:
Hi ~Phantasmagoria~, that's a very inspiring list of things you have experienced. Wow, I wish I could do these kind of things too! I have only had about ten or twenty kind-of-lucid dreams.

The only things I could probably add to this topic are these, but they were actually WILD's and maybe still a bit of just waking imaginations with eyes closed and body very very relaxed. Not really sure because they were only half vivid.

- visit the source of all love. (The dream then actually led me to a well where i saw my own reflection. Of course, face palm.)
- visit the Tree of Life, and talk there with a dead friend who was sitting on one of the branches.


Hi Arial! You can do all the things I mentioned above; you only have to focus your awareness!

After reading your LD wishlist, I now feel inspired to visit the source of all love! I have often wondered whether or not the essence of my being exists only as itself or as part of all of creation, and I can only imagine the tantalizing prospect of bearing witness to an ultimate source of anything... much less the gazing into the Sublime.

Arial wrote:
I would really like to, if I can have a lucid dream again, to meet myself (as in, the body-mind version of me that I am during this life time). And I would just like to see what would happen if we would talk with each other. And I would like to see if I could make love with myself.


I have met my selves several times in LD's, and it is interesting to view your corporeal form as your dream form. I have never spoken to myself within a dream, so perhaps what I wish to communicate to my selves transcends human language.

Arial wrote:
Also I would like to sometime have a conversation with Jesus, Gautama the Buddha and Mohammed.


As for having conversations with prominent human figures, I do this on occasion. I have a friend who loves to talk to Napoleon, and she does so almost every night.

Arial wrote:
In the same category I'm wanting to visit a lover who died a year ago (I have been trying now and then but not successful yet) and there are of cost many things I would love to talk about with him and also just to experiment his loving presence again, but also I would like to get some details from him about his brothers life that I can then check with his brother so that I'm sure i was really in contact with him.


I have actually visited friends and pets who have died in this reality through LD's and it is as if they never left. I remember one instance where I was so ecstatic after meeting a childhood friend who died at age 9 that I woke myself up crying tears of joy. My advice would be to ask the Dreamscape to take you to that being, and if the time is right then the pieces will fall into place. Sometimes only a gaze into the eyes of the being (or, if that being has no eyes, then a glance into its soul) is needed to impart all the information you need.

Arial wrote:
Going into a dark hole... Did that hurt? What happened, how did it feel? Did your body lengthen when you were being pulled into it? And did you somehow got out alive on some other side?

Love and cheers!


I would say that my voyage through the Black Hole was a transcendental experience . Although my body was spaghettified, my soul was still intact. I saw an unbelievable 3 Dimensional fractal pattern as my perception warped into every conceivable direction, culminating into a blinding light whose fulmination beheld my entire life - everyone I've ever known, every place I've ever been, every feeling and thought that I've ever felt and experienced - which cascaded through my very being in the blink of an eye. I can still recall bits and pieces today, and I remember waking up in utter disbelief, struggling to comprehend the depth of that unbelievable sequence of events.

Arial wrote:
I would also be curious about pushing the boundaries of our learning capacities. Through lucid dreaming, can we learn to play a new instrument overnight? Or learn to speak a new language, or do all kinds of skateboard tricks.. etc?


As for learning new skills, it is absolutely possible. I have dreamt and spoken in languages I am learning and languages I have never, ever studied. I have learned that human language is merely a conduit for the transmission of meaning, whose ultimate form we may never be able to grasp. I have also played the Piano, Organ, Guitar, and Flute within a dreams and LD's, as well as naming the pitches of individual notes, chords, and their respective intervals. Music within a dream or LD is unlike anything I have ever experienced.

I also once read in a book of Robert Waggoner of a programmer who wrote code in his dream with 99% accuracy after calling on Einstein to help him, as well as a competitive swimmer who projected his awareness outside of his body so he could observe the form of his strokes. There was a noticeable difference in his skill level from before and after his LD practice sessions. I have also read of artists who peruse the galleries of their mind within dreams, waking after finding a piece of exceptional beauty.

It is also worth mentioning that I have practiced the understanding and implementation of different mathematical concepts within dreams, as well as exploring both new and familiar concepts in ways previously unimaginable to my waking self.

Arial wrote:
I would also like to do a test in which I would put a random play card up side down without seeing which one it is, somewhere in my house, then in a lucid dream flipping it upside down and seeing which card it is. Then next morning see if the card is still up side down and which card it was.
You mentioned obtaining knowledge you couldn't have known in a lucid dream that later turned out to be true. I'm interested to hear about the details, if you're willing to share.


I will PM you soon regarding the information I have obtained from the Dreamscape.

Thank you both for your responses, and take care!



Current LD goal(s): Vanquish any residual fear and transmute negativity into love and compassion
back to top
Arial
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
23
Posts: 19
Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Last Visit: 17 Sep 2017
LD count: 10ish
Location: Nomadic
 
PostPosted: Sun 17 Sep, 2017  Reply with quote

Wonderful experiences you have had. Freaky cool to hear what kind of things are possible once I learn better to induce lucid dreams. Inspirational to read.

You seem to be interested in the big questions of life as well. Maybe you would like to take a look into the science of dream yoga. You'll find inspiration there for answering your question of how far one can push dream reality. In dream yoga the dream time is used to practice yoga. I'm not talking about body poses wink5 , I'm talking about meditational or other sorts of practices that help the Yogi (seeker of divine union / aka God ) to gain a bigger understanding of himself and the evernew bliss of enlightenment.

At least, thus it is described in a book about Tibetan dream yoga I once read.



Current LD goal(s): Getting ld's that are stable and vivid
back to top
james_uk2008
Resident Shapeshifter
LD4all addict
james_uk2008 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
30
Posts: 2824
Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Last Visit: 21 Oct 2017
LD count: 349
Location: United Kingdom
 
PostPosted: Sun 17 Sep, 2017  Reply with quote

One of the main things I try in lucid dreaming is shapeshifting. Although I've done many times in the past with varying levels of success, I recently had a very realistic and complete shapeshift into an Anthro/Humanoid Fox here. The level of realism throughout it both visually and physically was unlike anything I'd ever experienced before and the "special effects" of the transformation most notably when the fur was growing all over my body and when my hands started changing was far superior to CGI smile

Although it was brief, it does make me much more hopeful and optimistic for trying out other forms to shapeshift into in the future.


back to top
Arial
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
23
Posts: 19
Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Last Visit: 17 Sep 2017
LD count: 10ish
Location: Nomadic
 
PostPosted: Wed 20 Sep, 2017  Reply with quote

Cool, James!

What I also started wondering yesterday is: can we change the physical world with our dream body? So can I go to for example my sister's living room (just to cross out the possibility that it was me sleep waking in my own house) and put objects in different places, and call her next day to verify?



Current LD goal(s): Getting ld's that are stable and vivid
back to top
EarthlyInspired
New member
New member
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Sep 2017
Last Visit: 13 Oct 2017
LD count: 5
 
PostPosted: Mon 25 Sep, 2017  Reply with quote

Arial, I find that to be one of the most fascinating things about dreams and lucid dreaming! How much of our experiences affect the "real" world? Many say the dream world is another, equally valid dimension of reality, and the idea of the Akashic records, or Zero Point Energy Field in quantum physics terms, is a field of knowledge that exists beyond all dimensions and planes. If so, then surely we can reach across this field and affect things beyond our own current (dream) dimension?

My test for this once I am skilled enough in my lucid dreaming is to travel to my friend's house in my dream, who is also a LD practitioner, and see if I can wake her into the dreamworld. After waking, I'd be dying to know if she remembers experiencing that!

Have any of you had any LD experiences yet that seem to cross over into waking life?


back to top
EarthlyInspired
New member
New member
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Sep 2017
Last Visit: 13 Oct 2017
LD count: 5
 
PostPosted: Mon 25 Sep, 2017  Reply with quote

Arial, I find that to be one of the most fascinating things about dreams and lucid dreaming! How much of our experiences affect the "real" world? Many say the dream world is another, equally valid dimension of reality, and the idea of the Akashic records, or Zero Point Energy Field in quantum physics terms, is a field of knowledge that exists beyond all dimensions and planes. If so, then surely we can reach across this field and affect things beyond our own current (dream) dimension?

My test for this once I am skilled enough in my lucid dreaming is to travel to my friend's house in my dream, who is also a LD practitioner, and see if I can wake her into the dreamworld. After waking, I'd be dying to know if she remembers experiencing that!

Have any of you had any LD experiences yet that seem to cross over into waking life?


back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1


print   ShareShare 

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  

LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~
created and copyright by pasQuale. All rights reserved.
Powered by phpBB © 2001,2005 phpBB Group ~