Author  Message 
glypheye
Truant Traveler
Astral Explorer
LD count: 130 roughly

Re: Fast flashing dreams and seeming time travel
PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2016  Reply with quote

Joygerm5683 wrote:
Upon becoming more conscious, the fast images started but were gray in color and had lines and such, for what I could make out. The best explanation I've come to is climbing a lighthouse staircase backward, or seeing it that way. I was standing still, but the images coming to me were flashing from right to left and seemed similar to stairs and lines that I would equate to a room or seeing the traveling in reverse if that would be possible. So hard to explain, but this is what it felt like or looked like. I'm always wishing that the images would slow down so I could make them out properly. I want to see them and feel agitated that they are moving so fast.

Yeah, I remember this phenomena from some time ago. Almost like a blurring, staccato-fast slide show of still dream images/pictures. This underlying agitation or flickering sensation in my mind seemed to be a part of if, as I remember. Over time, it seems to have slowed and settled down, where I can hone in on one image at least long enough to see what's what...and sometimes be able see the image unfreeze and start to move, like a small movie clip...and then, other times be able to go into the moving dream scene, briefly, and act upon it....and then, more rarely, other times be able to go fully into a WILD as I step into the dream scene completely.

All this to say, yeah....I've been there. And that, for someone who has had some kind underlying mental agitation/disruption for most of my life making things like meditation or slowing down the streaming, chaotic dream images enough to enjoy them seem impossible, it is possible. It just takes time and persistence. I remember hearing or reading something someone said or wrote one time which went something like "Nothing can stand in the face of persistence". It made an impact on me, given what I have to work with. I'm your classic hard-case. I'm all over the place, mentally....ADD if your looking for a medical classification. I can barely focus on what someone else is saying to me for even a few seconds at a time, much less focus on something like meditation for any reasonable stretch or the intent to have an LD. But, I've made progress! I guess what I'm saying is that, if I can do it....hell, ANYone can :D

Current LD goal(s): Stay on the leading abstract edge

PostPosted: Sat 04 Mar, 2017  Reply with quote

I experimented this too! ❗😶

Sometimes, (the last time was like~ 1 week ago!) Im able to see a very fast slide show of still images (about 5/sec) when im awakening from a dream.

But they're quite random & that's why I have problems remembering them when I wake up (I use associative memory as a method of dream recalling), since I can only remember one or two and I can't relate them to all the others when trying to write them in my dream journal.

Now I think that it really sounds like a common thing amongst people! 😀

Kinraze

PostPosted: Thu 23 Nov, 2017  Reply with quote

I joined just because I had the exact description of this. Even down to the grogginess and headaches. Has anyone had any updates? I thought it was an acute seizure of some kind. It’s actually quite painful for me when it happens so I’m really not interested in discovering the “meaning” behind these images. It feels like these are random pictures being ripped from my brain as a small electrical impulse jumps around my memory. I didn’t understand what M.E. is, can anyone update with their thoughts?

amythegreat

I have this same experience
PostPosted: Mon 12 Mar, 2018  Reply with quote

I woke up this morning to this phenomenon that happened to me in the past. I think it might happen every morning when I wake up because this morning I noticed it but decided to pay attention to the images because I was very tired.
I focused my attention to the slideshow like photographs that were running from right to left in my minds eye. I related to the post from Cosmic Clair, I too have found the information for awakening and working on this daily. This information for me being, Wayne Dyer, positive head podcast, Abraham Hicks, Alan Watts, Buddhism style thought. I have the information I need but find myself not actually studying it and being comfortable in my old way of thought. I think this information might be associated with this phenomenon. I see color photographs in square picture form of events, people, people in motion. As if looking through photographs from a magazines archives. The images are running left to right. Flashing just long enough to barely see and then move on. I have often naturally came up with the word download for the experience. It feels to me like a download of past or future events that have happened. The images are neutral. Not sad, happy, mad, etc., just could be as simple as a woman handing a red ballon to a child, next image a doorway with a turquoise door, next and old man smiling while eating icecream., the images all seem to be a scene or pleasant human experience.
I don’t know what it is., I think I’m experiencing all the lives I have lived or all lives lived.
Anyone with help on how to understand this or if there is something I’m supposed to be doing with it? Please comment

ThufirHawat

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr, 2018  Reply with quote

I notice this from time to time when I wake up. Rapid flashing images, for me they are geometric in nature, sometimes a bit more realistic, looked like outline art. For me they flash in place. They exchange so fast that I can't remember them. Usually I want to shake them off, I am a bit alarmed of them. I had them this morning, next time I'll try to hold some of these in my mind.

Phoenix Rising

PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr, 2018  Reply with quote

Ahh,I've been wondering if others experience this too!! I began a few searches but never really found much, and I'm kind of unsure how to even search properly for it.

For me, it happens as I'm laying still, slowly waking up and usually when I still feel fairly sleepy before fully waking up. A series of flashing images, more like bright lights really, in such fast succession and mostly in geometric forms, various colours.
Sometimes, though, it's just one bright flash that peaks in brightness before disappearing.

I've noticed something distinct about the experience though: once it's done, I'm 100% fully aware and alert. It almost feels like the full stop at the end of my sleeping/dreaming journey, kind of similar to the way a shamanic drum journey ends with a faster, more intense rhythm (which, without fail, brings one back to a fully awake state). It's not ever really linked to the end of a dream, not even the dream state, but more so the end of a sleepy state.

miaousofi

Yuuuup
PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2018  Reply with quote

I've had this happening for the past couple of weeks now. Just a fast flashing of still images that i can't find a special meaning to. I will point out though that they only happen when i meditate before bed. I have no idea if that has anything to do with it. Its usually at the end where i am completely aware that im within a dream. Now i don't know if anyone has experienced a feeling of being lifted up or feeling this warmth or seeing this bright light before this all occurs. For example today the light happened twice until on the final try it took me to go and see these images. I don't know if im unconsciously controlling it? But i'd love to hear your thoughts!

Page 2 of 2Goto page Previous  1, 2

print   ShareShare