Lucidity Challenge 62 - winner James_UK2008

First entry of LC62 :smile:

1 ND Packing

I did the sensory task of seeing colours

Tuesday - 1 ND
Wednesday - 1 ND

Today:
Had 1 LD here this morning which at around 3-4 minutes long makes it a medium one for me. I completed my personal goal of shapeshifting in it so would like to claim points for that please. Siiw notably also made her first appearance in any of my LDs today.

I also felt warmth in this as per the sensory tasks.

Had 2 NDs here this morning. No tasks completed.

Had 1 ND yesterday and 1 ND this morning but I don t think I ll write them down.
I also had one really short LD this morning. Super disappointing as I forgot I already did my first personal goal and did it again…

So I will only claim the sensory task, as my dream had colors.

I am sorry if I write to myself more than to other people in my Dream Journal. Today’s dream is referring to dreams I didn’t post online :smile:

Dream Journal

Had 1 ND here this morning. No tasks completed.

Had 2 NDs here this morning. No tasks completed

1 ND this morning.

Claiming points for:
Hearing Sound
Hearing music (subtask)
Playing a music instrument

I will maybe also post the music I played later but I do not have the instrument here (anyway I am pretty sure that it does sound nothing like the music from my dream IRL

Susan_Y, do you think all participants are aware LC 62 has started? :eh:
Maybe we might inform them??

Had 3 NDs here this morning. No tasks completed.

Well, seeing that others have been posting for the sensory tasks, I figure that I can claim points for that. Anyways, if it’s acceptable, I’ve just been posting all of my normal dreams in my journal and was planning on linking them here once a week, with the exception being if I have a lucid dream in which case I’d post it right away here.
My journal can be found here. I’m pretty sure there’s a way to link directly to specific posts within the thread, but I can’t recall how, so if anyone could tell me that would be great so I could create more specific links.

Since the LD began, I am claiming the following:

April/3rd - 3 NDs. Also completed “Seeing a Color” as, well, all my dreams are in color. The explosion in the first dream in particular had vibrant orange flames with gray smoke mixed in.

April/4th - 2 NDs.

April/5th - 1 ND

April/8th - 1 ND

April/9th - 2 NDs, one of which was Semi-Lucid (thought I was lucid but wasn’t; better description in my DJ). Also, “Felt the texture of something I touched,” namely the fir tree’s top.

I had remembered dreams on the other two nights, but didn’t write them down in time and forgot them :cry:

Edit: Fixed broken link

right click the little square on left of posted (top left of post) choose copy link location (or the version your browser gives)
then paste into desired post.

I’m down ill with a cold at the moment, but I’ll check through the thread and respond to any questions tomorrow. Meanwhile, week two tasks coming up…

Week 2 - Vikings

Outdoors, day. You are in a market in the Viking city of Jórvík In the ninth century. You pass a stall selling horned helmets. A member of your group whispers to you “I wouldn’t buy one of them. if I were you. The armour class is terrible. Strictly for ceremonial use only”.

Walking further through the market, you come across one of the most implausible of RPG clichés, the magic item vendor. She is speaking in Old Norse “biargrunar … meginrunar …” but switches to English when you arrive. As she speaks you realise she is Susan wearing a Viking outfit. “Runes to carve on your sword hilt … runes to aid childbirth … something for everybody…”

You say, “I’ve played one of these games before. Aren’t you supposed to give us a quest or something?” She fetches a scroll from underneath her table and unrolls it. You have some difficulty in reading the words, as it appears to be in the Runic script. And besides, you have a suspicion that “corp por” was not actually an Old Norse word.

Tasks for week 2:

• See some text in a script that in not the script of your first language - 5 points

[list]
[]The script is Runic, or a reasonable approximation to it. +15 points
[/
:m]
[*]See a horned helmet - 10 points

• And wear it - + 15 points
    [/:m]
    [
    ]Drink from a drinking horn - 10 points[/:m]
    [
    ]See a Viking longship - 10 points[/:m]
    [
    ]See one of more dream characters in Viking costume, or a reasonable approximation of it - 10 points (NB: can potentially be combined with the horned helmet task)[/:m]
    [
    ]Attend a Viking festival - 15 points[/:m]
    [
    ]Cast a spell (hey, we’re not being historically authentic here) - 5 points

• Cast a spell using Runes somehow, e.g. by reading them, painting them on something, dropping paper inscribed with them in a dream character’s mead, etc. - +15 points. I will allow this even if the Runes aren’t in quite the right character set for the Viking era (e.g. I will allow kanji). - +15 points
    [/*:m][/list:u]

Had 1 ND here this morning. No tasks completed.

1 ND last night.

Claiming points for the senory task. Touch feeling

Dream Journal

Hope you feel better soon, Susan :tulip:

I will be posting in my dream journal tonight or tomorrow

One ND on Friday, Fishes
near lucid though
Task: seeing colours

One ND on Saturday, Sociable
Task: seeing colours

Had 1 LD here this morning which at around 3-4 minutes long makes in a medium one for me. I notably saw colors in this one so would like to claim colors sensory task please. Although I shapeshifted as per my task, I don’t wish to claim the 2nd batch of points for it on this occasion as I don’t feel it met my standards based off of my previous ones.

Oh yeah I didn’t see you got Sick Susan, I hope you ll feel better soon!
I liked your Story though :smile: I even googled “Jórvík” to see how far you went in your story :happy:

One ND last night

Dream Journal

Last night, I had 1 ND, and 2 Fragments, one of them being lucid.

[spoiler]Wed, April 11, 2018
1 ND, 1 Fragment, 1 LD Fragment
The Dragon Riders
Vividness: Medium-High
Length: 2-3 minutes
I was at an amusement park with my friend and some of my family, and we were waiting in a line for some ride. The line started off outside before it went inside a little mound before going to the ride. We were at the end of the line when something attacked the ride, and we had to fight it. We had already fought something else, so the dragons me and my friend were going to ride were injured. We had to come up with a plan, and I eventually decided to ride on my dragon while wielding a sword. We entered the ride area, and we fought the enemy, though I don’t remember much of the fight.

The LD Fragment
I only remember becoming lucid at some point in some dream because I remembered what plans I had to accomplish of the Lucid Challenge things. I might’ve looked at some text in a script, but it was probably in my first language, and I don’t remember if I did.

The Fragment
I was on a pier, with someone else, and that’s about it.[/spoiler]

The goals I completed included having a lucid dream and I’ll put it under a short LD, seeing color(namely brown in my ND, since the mound we entered was brown), and possibly seeing some text during the LD Fragment, but it was probably in my first language, and I don’t know exactly, so I won’t score points.

In total, that’s 22(2 points for having a dream) points(give or take)