What are some of your personal dreamsigns? Part III

Welcome to LD4all, Malls and Halls! :welcome: Did you get your username from your dream sign? :cool:

I still have that dream. In my country it is 112, and I get this often. Either the phone doesn’t work, or the volume is too low so the operator and I can’t understand each other.

Thanks! Yes that’s right! What it meant for me personally was I had trouble asking for help from others or expressing how I was struggling. We can learn so much about ourselves from our dreams…

[center]Well, the most common for me are: [/center]

To be in my old house (or old study center/s) again.
Lots of stairs.
The sea.
Night time.
Meteorites falling.
Seeing old friends (or deceased family members) that aren’t in my daily life anymore.
Fictional characters from series/movies/etc.
To be looking for someone or something.
To be late for an important thing.
Thiefs or savage animals attacking me.
A special place in the center of the city who doesn’t exist in waking life; there are huge buildings & lots of palm trees!
A beautiful cemetery with cheerful people walking on it.
Strangers being nice & friendly with me.
The main street of my neighbourhood.
Climate changing in just a second.
To die! :joy:

[center]Its surprising to see that we all share some dreamsignals! He he :purple_heart:[/center]

Oh, I don’t have that much dream signs, I think.

It took me eternities to figure out what my dream signs anyway :happy:
Now there are only two what are for sure:

• When friends show up I should check if I’m dreaming
  • Animals, every kind of animals, even fantasy creatures

But I suck at recognizing them. I’m way better at WILD :smile: Or I think so much about dreaming, that I think during I’m dreaming about dreaming and recognizse that I’m… yes, dreaming :happy:

My dreamsign is that I do ski racing for my national team :happy: But I am always very slow or do a crash :cry: Dont know why but im driving only 10% of my normal speed.

Terminator223, I have had that one too a few times. Usually it is ski jumping.

Another one for me is packing my fishing equipment and a lighter. It takes a very long time to pack, and I never get to actually leave. Many times, this is because I suddenly want to go camping for a while. I never get away from the noise and crowds.

A big one [probably for everyone] is strong negative emotions.

I’ve become good at recognizing it, which means that I rarely have nightmares.

Downside: If I’m actually upset irl, I will get my hopes up for a sec thinking it could be a dream and then it’s not! Boo!

Recent dream signs for me are being with celebrity type people. You think I would get lucid more often from these types of dreams but it always feels so natural to be hanging out with real and fictional famous people.

Walking alone in the dark is a new one that is happening more and more. I always look up at the stars and the moon if it is out and don’t even pay attention to what is happening on the ground.

My mind telling me to get my head out of the stars and back down to earth?

Those are good ones especially if they’re reoccurring celebrities or fictional characters, but sometimes it seems to lose its effect after a while unless that was the aftermath of burnout/fatigue or becoming too familiar with the frequent appearances.

In regard to your question, with the given information no, I wouldn’t think so.
Maybe if being distracted by the sky caused you to accidentally bump into someone/something or wander into an undesirable setting I’d be inclined to say yes. Just my opinion though…Wait was that rhetorical…?

As for a personal dream sign. Despite missing this dream sign a couple weeks back, I’d say the sky had been a favorable lucid trigger for a while now (offhand I’d say 60% success rate). Its vast, hard to miss, and usually induces a refreshing sense of freedom and endless possibilities by simply looking at it in both WL and in a dream.

I think you’re right, the celebrities have become too familiar. Maybe even so with the night sky. But I don’t mind the appearances of the night sky at all. They are almost always more magical and mysterious in dreams than in the wake world. But here’s to hoping the next night sky we encounter gets us lucid.

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: it’s so amazing to me

I just look for anything that’s out of the ordinary. I’ve never really thought of how I know that a dream is lucid, I’m more of a natural lucid dreamer after all.

My most common dream signs are bathroom,lions & tigers,highschool mates(im no longer in school now)my late brother,cousins,my college mates(no longer in college),my old house,highschool & college rooms also writing exams :smile:

Same here, I dream of high school/college locations and of friends I had all the time. another dreamsign that I have is failing at a task over and over again. I have whole dreams where I just try and do a task that I feel needs to be done. But that task is never completed.

It’s funny, years later and I still see the same dream signs… I figured I would have grown a little by now! :sweat_smile:

Don’t you worry. School times is a super common dream sign for many people even well into adulthood and so are the people you hung out with at that time.

I’m also the same. When I was at university and up until about 2 years after I graduated, I dreamt more of that. But eventually the school dreams took over again. I dream of school more often than of work and I’ve entered working life almost 10 years ago. The other day I saw a video that had nothing to do with dreams but might give the explanation. It’s when we are about 14 years old that we grow up emotionally. What’s happening in our life at that time has a lasting effect. It shows in our dreams, too.

2 Likes

I’ve been recording my dreams now since August and trying to find patterns in them. The only one I can come up with is that they are all set in weird unknown places I have never been. Sometimes they have elements of places I have been or worked or they are messed up versions of places I know.

Can I use this as a dream sign? And am I right in pairing my reality checks with “where am I?” And thinking about the place I am in, do I know it, have I been here before, does it look normal etc and then performing an rc?

Cheers dreamers

1 Like

Hello @Jonesy123100, welcome to LD4all :wave:

I am very sure that it works. It’s a dream sign that is applicable for almost everyone. Pair the “What is this place?“ question with “How did I get here?“, retracing your last steps and actions, for even greater efficiency.

The downside however is that you will not get a lot of prime opportunities to perform a dream sign related reality check in waking life, because how often do you end up in strange new places you never visited before… So I recommend you keep recording dreams and analyzing them for other/additional dream signs that could be a little more mundane.

It might be a little challenging to practice the strange places as a DS/RC trigger, but I made a post a little while ago with some ideas about how to practice recognizing unfamiliar places as dream signs in reply to someone with a similar experience.

Might not be the easiest or most practice, but it might work?
Do you play video games? Because they can be quite immersive and often have you interacting with different/unfamiliar/new environments. If you can approach video games with that mindset and remember to do a RC while immersed in a video game envirionment it might work. It would probably be more effective that looking at photographs like I mentioned above and closer simulate the mindset you’d have to have in a dream to realize your unfamiliar envirionment is because you’re dreaming (because you’re usually immersed in dreams and kinda have to take a step above the plot/action to come to the realization that you’re dreaming, like you’d have to do if you were playing a video game and stopped to question your reality.)

1 Like

my dream signs…
scary staircases/spiral staircases
cults
being back in college again unable to pay
being in a pool and then the water becomes violent/wavy/sharks appear