Hypnogogia gateway.

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Dramr777
LD count: 20+

Hypnogogia gateway.
PostPosted: Wed 27 Jun, 2018  Reply with quote

Hello.
I have been looking into using hypnogogia as a WILD entrance technique. Most of the time though, when people speak of it, it stops at hypno and the impressions you can gain from this state. Rarely do i see it evolve into dream transition. However this is where i am wanting to take it.
I am sure some of you have heard of the technique used by Benjamin Franklin and Salvador Dali where they sit in a chair and doze off, with a spoon in their hand only to drop it and wake themselves up. Well i want to do this with holding my arm in the air, as this is a similar way of doing this. The only problem is i cannot seem to fall asleep on my back. I can manage some pseudo- back position if im tired enough but otherwise no way.

Another issue being the idea that if my arm is being held upwards, will i ever truly be able to enter a dream? This would imply a muscle group being tightened so i am not sure how i could. Although people can fall asleep in worse circumstances...

I suppose the question would be, how would i know when to relax my arm? Would REM atonia simply overcome it at some point anyways? Would letting my arm relax actually alert my body to my awakeness?

Thank you for your time.

Current LD goal(s): Speak to my Daemon.
Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 6.april

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jun, 2018  Reply with quote

I don't have any experience with the arm technique, but another one involving hypnagogia has been quite successful.

As soon as the images appear, I start "daydreaming" about a similar scene. For example, if I get random news headlines, I imagine sitting at my table reading a newspaper. If I get a landscape, I imagine walking along a road. With some luck, the hallucinations merge with the visualisation to create a WILD.

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
twin

PostPosted: Sun 01 Jul, 2018  Reply with quote

Siiw wrote:

As soon as the images appear, I start "daydreaming" about a similar scene. For example, if I get random news headlines, I imagine sitting at my table reading a newspaper. If I get a landscape, I imagine walking along a road. With some luck, the hallucinations merge with the visualisation to create a WILD.

I try the same thing to get a lucid dream, but i thought that was the SSILD technique?
Is there a difference? if yes what is the difference?
The SSILD technique works for me sometimes, but mayby this one works better? ^^

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare