The Master Key

This is all very interesting ,thank you for working it out and for sharing with us, De Ruyter!

I will try and work with it and report my findings
(This may take a while because of a temporary dry spell :tongue: )

My approach to stop the negative mindset (of frustration, disappointment, stress and self-fulfilling prophecy :bored: ): I decided to appreciate every lucid moment. I no longer distinguish between a succesfull and a ‘failed’ ld. I mark every (semi-)lucid experience as valuable, some steps are tiny, some are huge, all steps are contributing to the practice.
Another thing is, I try to work on confidence in waking life.
Because of the different attitude I experience less stress when it comes to ld

I hope it helps you, Majah. Let us know how it goes! I think the approach you already have will serve you well. Becoming lucid is simply making the connexion between your waking and sleeping experience. Increasing your groundedness, awareness and alertness in waking life will naturally increase the value of that connexion once you’re dreaming.

Here’s an example of how I “analyze and correct”. When I first started lucid dreaming, I had a real problem with seeing the people I wanted to meet. I developed a phobia about it. Through sheer willpower I could get them to become present: but they would be invisible! I could touch them and hear what they said, but, whatever I did, I saw straight through them.

The analysis I did in waking life proved the cure. I thought to myself how strange it would be if I went to lunch with a friend, and he were to nibble on amuse-bouche and order wine and make witty remarks while being transparent the whole time. Or how I might go to a play and watch the props hover around the stage, guided by inscrutable forces, while lines of dialogue issued from the ether. The next time I became lucid, I met yet another invisible character. But I remembered the work I’d done during the day, and I remembered how ridiculous the whole situation ought to seem, from a waking perspective. I began to laugh heartily in her face. After a few moments, the character materialized in front of me and said, “Well, I don’t think you ought to mock me; it’s a very serious condition!” I never had a problem with see-through people again.

Laughter is a great cure for frustration. If, inside your dream, you can remember how stupid your problem would seem to an onlooker in real life, you’re a long way towards emancipating yourself from your crazier lucid tics and phobias. We all had them once.

1 Like

This is a brilliant idea. I’ve had some great success for myself when it comes to my lucid dreams. However, this new way of thought should really take things to the next level. I can truly relate to what you’ve so elaborately laid out. It’s a different way of thinking but it makes so much sense. Why do the two (dream world and reality) worlds have to be separate? Why can’t they be treated as the same? This post spoke volumes to me. Cheers for this enlightenment. I’ll surely be implementing this way of thinking moving forward. :ok:

1 Like

Is the writer of this post still active?

It looks like DeRuyter hasn’t logged on for a little over 2 months

I’m still here! Can I help?

By the way, I’m very glad my ideas helped you Bazanikins. Have you made any progress with the technique?

So inspiring… Thank you for taking trouble to write such an elegant revelation. I mean, there really is so much being written in the internet about how hard it is to do this, and this, and that in LDs, that one might get disheartened and demotivated. I guess those who have any troubles in LDs (like myself) have to get rid of this garbage and start over.

My thoughts exactly. This is a great post.

My ramblings on the topic:

I’ve been trying to get my personal goal done so many times and so many ways, but no trick will work if I don’t believe I can get there myself, right? I struggle with doubt and fear in my lucid dreams. That’s the thing I need to analyze and correct. Sometimes fear appears in my dream without a source, sometimes I just fear the dream ending. The latter I can change, but the first one I don’t know how to eradicate yet. Doubt I think stems from not fully realizing that any event in the lucid dream is caused by me. If I fail to teleport, I expected it and made that a reality in the dream. It doesn’t have to be. Actually, why do I even need to teleport? There is no real motion in a dream, my surroundings will just change with a thought, when I believe it should. In my next lucid. I will just sit down and make the dream change into the place I want to see.

Well if you are still around, do you have discord or skype? If so can you PM the one you are most active in or both of them to me?

This is one of the most interesting things ive read lately, thank you so much! i will for sure try this :colgate:

Hormoz, I’m not very good at using either of those, but try PMing me and perhaps we can work something out?

I like this tutorial :slight_smile:

This is easily my favourite post across all lucid dreaming forums. On top of such beautiful and powerful writing, you made me realise so much. You made me feel what it is like to not only say words but to believe in them.
If they happen, I will be looking forward to more of your posts about absolute control and what it’s like to be truly limitless. We should stop building ourselves obstacles from fear and doubt.
Thank you so much for this.

3 Likes

This is what i was looking for.The best post in my whole life.

1 Like

Rebecaa, AzorArt, Emperor_Thanatos: thank you for your kind words and appreciation! I am so glad to have been able to help people a little bit. Please use those dreams for good and beautiful things - and tell us about them - and you’ll make me very happy.

1 Like

Thank you. I think you really got the point.
Working on one’s thoughts about “dreaming” itself it’s what changes the experience.
The mirror reflects the idea.

I agree,this master key is exactly my lucid method itself,ahaha!

The tips and tricks were fun from so many perspectives (even when I disagreed, such as “you’re not really reading in dreams because that’s impossible”, but I definitely did prefer and am glad to find it happening lately, that the path to lucidity becomes far more simplified. Even though I understand that something like emotional modulation can still be one of the keys, and that it can take a while to explain, and that it’s very simple to enact once the complicated explanation has been understood.

Bu the best short tip that I’ve enjoyed reading was “Instead of a reality-check asking ‘Am I Dreaming?’ change the question to habitually asking ‘Am I Lucid?’” and I liked that shift to simplicity.

try to remember what you were planning while you were awake; same as doing reality checks, same as incubation. This is not a new technique - it’s been proven by hundreds of people. It’s just applied to a different goal. Remembering is the limit of in-dream mental effort, and the more you send yourself little packages from waking life and pick them up in-dream, the more continuous, aware and lifelike your dream consciousness will become. The more your waking and dreaming selves will knit together. And the great news is that all the work comes at the waking end, not the dreaming end - which means it’s work even the worst dreamer can do.

That one strikes me as similarly streamlined, and that’s why I like it.

2 Likes

Is never dreaming of doors a substitute for the master key challenge?

Thank you for this!

All my lucid dreams were kinda lame. Maybe it is the reason.
It is really eye opening and helpful!

Thanks again!