Normal Dream Challenge 13 - Winners Announced!

I love this :lol:

I had one really short dream (more of a fragment), and one really long one. It was so neat! They were doing some kind of lab experiment on me. :eek:
I also managed to re-enter that dream after my first alarm went off, which I’ve never done before, so that was cool.

I had one more dream this afternoon that became an LD where I completed my personal goal. I also possibly saw a bike at the bowling alley, probably on the lane, but it wasn’t an important part of the dream and didn’t recall anything while typing it up, so it’s not included.

Still no recall (I can remember that I was dreaming, but lost all of the details).

By the way, if people are reading my dream journal, I’d welcome comments (in the DJ thread) on which of my dreams you thought were interesting. Unfortunately, there’s not much there yet for this challenge.

3 dreams… or maybe 4 if DEILD counts as separate? :happy: I dunno. link

I also, while lucid, rode a bicycle. Also lucid, saw two boys cycling.

thanks! it was almost as frustrating as real politics :tongue:

two nds last night, no bikes yet.

im going to try imagining riding a bike while i fall asleep tonight. has anyone tried doing lucid bike riding irl yet? whats the best rc for doing while riding an irl bike?

Had 1 LD here this morning. Almost completed my personal goal but didn’t get far enough…

One ND, and three or four fragments.
Tried googling pictures of bicycles yesterday, and found all sorts of cool ones and alternative types of bikes. Daydreamed about riding them, but no bike-like dream results yet! If only I had a bicycle irl…

September 08: 2 NDs

Non-lucid dream in which a gust of wind blows some paper folders out through a window.

Non-lucid dream in which I have pain in my left knee joint.

Nightmare fragment which I’ve had to snip entirely because it’s inappropriate for forums. (I leave it to the host to decide if snipped fragments are worth points).

One ND here, no bikes recalled.

Had 1 ND here this morning. No tasks.

8th and 9th
1 lucid dream + 1 fragment.

No tasks done, I think.

Hello everyone! I was away during the weekend but am back now, and scores have been updated!

:rofl: Sorry about the bike politics, but at least you’re getting close!

Fixed. I’m used to everyone being at least 12 hours behind me in time, so I’ll need to keep this in mind. :peek:

Also,

Congrats on being the first participant this NDC to complete their personal goal!! Feel free to pick a new personal goal, or you can stick with this one if you would like to attempt achieving it in an ND and thereby getting more points for it than you have for completing it in an LD.

Congrats on claiming the first [color=darkblue]chain[/color] of this NDC! Keep in mind that re-entered dreams count as separate dreams from the first, so I’ve counted your “really long” dream as two. :content:

Also,

I couldn’t help noticing that you had fragments both early in your sleep, and then again after two WBTB alarms. About fragments, the rules state:

So please let me know if you feel like you have done this and should instead be awarded an additional set of Fragment Recall points for this night.

DEILD does indeed count as separate, since you woke between dreams. You also get points for [color=darkblue]chaining[/color].

Also, congrats on being the first to achieve this week’s task! (Despite it being in an LD) :wink: . I really like your idea of a flying bicycle!

Nightmare fragments counted, because I completely understand not being able to type up nightmare fragments. :woah:

No tasks, but congrats on the LD! And I hope you get better soon and are able to run your half marathon! /me gives healing cookie

i tried to imagine the feeling of pedaling a bike as i fell asleep and ended up with this fragment:

its not quite riding a bike but perhaps more adventurous than a penny farthing? somehow the rules have no stipulations for modern art interpretations of bike riding.

bonus task 2 was only for tricycle, pennyfarthing or unicycle. Interesting fragment though. :smile:
5 points for ‘see a bike though’

You could also gain points for the art bonus from it or indeed art from any dream. Limit of one per week.

September 09: 1 ND

Thank you for all your hard work and doing such a great job on hosting! :good:

My 3am WBTB alarms are when I get up, pee, have a cup of tea and meditate, and go back to bed with the intentions to WILD or LD in some other way. My other alarms I usually just jot my dreams down and go back to sleep.

So for the night you are asking about, I had three fragments before my WBTB (would count as one), and one dream and one fragment after (Would count as one dream and second fragment?)

So yesterday. Would you believe that I found an old bike in the woods behind an old cabin! I thought FOR SURE it was a dream… What are the chances of that happening in real life when you are trying to incubate it in your dreams?? Hahaha. After plenty of varied reality checks, I determined it was indeed in real life.

Looks like my incubating is working in this world instead of the dreamworld :rofl:

Needless to say, I brought the bike home. (It was crown land and the bike had clearly been deserted for a solid year or more). Riding it down the trail was fun, with flat tires and seized brakes :tongue: I believe I just said yesterday “If only I had a bike irl to incubate with”. Thanks Universe :bow:
With a bit of elbow grease today, I’ll have Incubation Bike up and running in no time.

I thought for sure I’d dream of bikes last night. Alas, I did not. Just one dream to report here.

Had 2 NDs here this morning. No tasks…

Non-lucid dream in which I run from some lit fireworks.

At least I’ve got some recall back, even if they are all fear dreams.

I’m on holiday at the miment, so I’m not able to scan and upload artwork. I do have my sketchbook, pencils, and watercolours with me, so I can draw a dream for uploading next week.