Normal Dream Challenge 13 - Winners Announced!

Had 2 NDs here this morning. No tasks…

Non-lucid dream in which I eat a brandy snap.

Scores have been updated. :woah:

No worries. Just let us know when you add the other dreams in. :content:

Congrats on seeing a bike! And LOL! Sounds like your dream was trolling you!

Congrats on riding a bike!! But umm, I was just wondering whether you were already on the bike when you became lucid? I couldn’t tell if this counted as a task occurring while lucid or while NDing, so need confirmation as to which it was.

Congrats on the short lucid and for being the first person to claim [color=darkblue]Reality Check[/color] points this NDC. :happy:

Just a reminder to everyone that you can claim points for RCing even if it doesn’t result in you becoming lucid. So remember :rc: !

last night:one nd and one fragment.

this is wonderful! i hope youll update us on the bike as you spruce it up.

Also 1 day to get dream related art points for week 1. (Susan is on holiday so can upload later)

We are enjoying all the dreams :spinning:

1 ND, DJ entry

Yeah, I was already riding the bike when I became lucid. I think riding the bike was what triggered the lucidity because I realized I was doing a task.

September 11: 1 ND

Thanks! She’s a rare beauty this one, complete with moss on the handlebars and everything. :lol:
I greased up all the chains and bought a little tire pump for it on the weekend. The tires have held air ridiculously well considering they look like that are slowly deteriorating.
I took Incubation Bike out on her maiden voyage that day. I would make it about ten feet before the chain would jump off the gears and jam into the contraption at the back tire haha. I kept putting it back on but the gear shifters don’t work (can’t figure out why other than age haha) and the chain seems a bit too long. I fiddled around with things and found a nice calibration where if the chain stays on the smallest gear, it wont jump off. It was great! My dog and I went for a couple km, and it sailed like a dream.

You’d think all this bike tweaking would leak into my dreams but no! Still no dream bikes! :cry:

Ah well, the 3 ND’s I did have last night were very interesting. In one of them I was trying to use ice cream as currency at a convenience store :tongue:

enjoying the IRL dream bike story line :content:

1 ND today, DJ entry

I hope you’ve named her. :smile: Naming things increases their significance and our emotional attachment to them… like pets. Also, when you become lucid, just call out your bike’s name, and she’ll find you. :cool:

Still on the 9th… catching up slowly… +1 dream here

Also… @EarthlyInspired the bike gear levers basically connect to the derailleur, which is the bit of metal above the chain that directs the chain onto the right sprocket… its probably seized up.

Scores have been updated.

:lol: What a great LD trigger! Congrats on being the first to complete the task in an ND! You’ve been awarded full points for your achievement!

Glad to hear your dream bike is working out! I agree with Obfusc8, a bike like that deserves a name! :wink: And lol! Trying to pay with ice cream! Great missed dream sign. :tongue:

And everyone remember, you can still claim points for doing the task late, and all subtasks are awarded full points no matter when you do them! So keep riding!

me too! :smile:

one lucid fragment for me last night.

Thanks Obfusc8! You are probably right about the derailleur, that felt pretty rusty, and that is what I fiddled around with to make the chain stay on the smaller gear. This weekend I’ll see if I can’t get it working properly.

I like all the suggestions to name her! Originally I was just calling her Incubation Bike, but I think a real name is in order. I put a lot of time into thinking of a witty name, but for some reason Driving Miss Daisy kept popping into my head, so I think that name is calling her.

And anyway, I think a nice elegant name like “Miss Daisy” contrasts quite nicely with her shambles appearance :lol:

And would you believe it, Miss Daisy came to me in my dream last night!! Yayyy!

I will enter my 2NDs and some fragments into my DJ tonight after work. They are from last night (Tuesday night). Are those still considered on time?

Scores have been updated. :content:

:woo: I love the name Miss Daisy! It’s so eloquent and definitely fitting!!

And yep, any dreams that occurred before the posting of the new task are considered Week 1. Remember, only the main task (Ride a bicycle) is hampered by being late. All other tasks receive the same amount of points they would if it were the week they were released. But you still want to try doing all the tasks in the Week they are released, because then you get a nice bonus. :peek:

[center]Week 2: Life is a Highway!

Life’s like a road that you travel on
When there’s one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind

• Tom Cochrane

[/center]

Welcome to the second week of the NDC Folks, where the challenges are hotter than a black leather seat on a hot summer day!

That’s right! This week the challenge is to drive a Car! (50 Points). Whether it be fast, red, clown, talking, or racecar bed, it is welcome here! Just pick your ride and strap yourself in!

Bonus Tasks:

1. See a car (5 Points)
  2. Ride a horse-drawn carriage (10 Points)
  3. Take a car off the beaten path (10 points)
  4. Take part in a car race! Either officially or by accident. (20 Points) Be it a speedy drag race, your standard track or even an old car rally, doesn’t matter the style or if you win or loose, taking part in a race is what matters here!

[right]---------------
[/right]

Still trying to get to DJ more, but I do have a fragment in which I saw bikes at a train station last night! Do late bonus tasks still count?

This is a fun challenge.

I’ve done some tasks for the first week, just need some time to organize and write it up.

Late bonus tasks do count.