Normal Dream Challenge 13 - Winners Announced!

September 12: 1 ND and fragments

One fragment and two NDs for September 12. Rode Miss Daisy in the last one! Whoop! Week 1 Challenge achieved just in time.

:slide:

Stoked for next week’s challenge! I am really enjoying these NDCs. Really helps keep me on top of my dreaming awareness! :thumbs:

Non-lucid dream about an underground pool.

Another nightmare!

Drove a car last night… very badly due to ineffective dream brakes! 3 dreams and a fragment link

(10th and 11th entries still missing. :whistle:)

Hey DeRuyter, good to see you finally dropping in.

Actually, Moogle and I were discussing this sort of thing the other night. We know there are a few participants who have yet to claim points, but since most participants have been in a NDC OR LC before, we believed they would not attempt point-dumping as it is generally frowned upon. We decided that, following the standards of most all NDC/LCs before, we would NOT be accepting point-dumps unless they were made due to unavoidable circumstances.

We have had participants DJing and keeping in touch despite illnesses, computer troubles, and vacations, so we feel it would be unfair to them to accept someone running in with major point claims at the last minute. To avoid needing to point-dump, we recommend checking in at least twice a week and letting us know that you have achieved a specific task which you will write up at ‘x’ time.

The NDC is supposed to be a fun way for members to practice their recall and incubation skills, and while friendly competition is encouraged, we would be remiss if we ignored the efforts of those who are actively participating. So while we do, of course, encourage you to share your dreams from last week, we will not be able to count them against this challenge at this time.

On that note, please feel free to actively participate in this week’s task, as we are sure you will find it as enjoyable as the last.

[right][/right]

Scores have now been updated! :wink:

Congratulations on Miss Daisy being there when you needed her! And congrats on getting the task done. :hurray:

I’m glad to hear you are enjoying this NDC! It is really awesome to read all the dreams everyone is having!

:woah: Sorry to hear that you are having so many nightmares. Perhaps, as my good friend Tggtt claims, they will help you have LDs? In any case, this is for luck, /me gives Susan_Y LD cookie :peek:

Woot! :hurray: How great of you to do the new task on the night of it’s release!

I would congratulate you on being the first to get it done, but I believe Moogle dreamt of driving a couple of nights ago. Okay, maybe it’s cheating because she knew of the new task, but just goes to show how excited she was for it! :happy:

my car dreams are usually either of losing my brakes or of driving up a hill that gets steeper and steeper until i start rolling backwards… maybe ill have a good one for this challenge!

last night: one dream with a short lucid moment.

Had 1 ND here this morning. No tasks…

Ah, I’ve never been in either challenge before and I obviously missed this in the rules post :sad: I didn’t know organizing things into one post was considered “dumping” or that it gave you an unfair advantage.

If I’d known I would’ve found time one way or another! Oh, well. Silly me, I should have realized from the way everyone else was posting.

EDIT: I can’t find the details in the rules post. Does this mean I can’t get the 30 points for completing each task on time even though I did the task on Monday? I completed: ride a bike (pennyfarthing), have a race. I’ll try hard to write it up tomorrow.

One ND here for September 13.

Also, does anyone know a good way to upload an image somewhere on the internet in order to put it in a post? I did a quick sketch for one of my dreams, but I don’t know a way to put an image online somewhere where it has its own url…

September 13: Fragments only

No points from last night. I had a long and vivid dream, but my recall of it is so fragmented I’m not even going to claim a fragment.

Have you tried www.imgur.com? I use that for most hosting.

I’m not claiming points for recall, since this is the ND challenge and mine are LDs. Four last night, for the record. Not my best.

I did a bonus task while lucid: see a car.

I’ll type up my completed tasks from last week later today. That dream is rather more complex to reconstruct from the coded notes.

EDIT: I suppose there was a chain and an RC in there, too. I forgot that’s part of the challenge.

Ah, I have not! I will check that out today, thank you :smile:

One ND and a fragment today, will upload tonight!

Scores have been updated. :cool:

Ooh, I know the feeling! All of my car dreams have some weird issue where I’m trying to drive from the back seat. Possibly why I’m so spooked out to ever actually drive. But I hope you are able to get a good car dream!

“Point-dumping” is when someone claims points for a weeks’ worth of dreaming without giving prior notice. It was a tactic used in many previous LCs by participants who were trying to lull other players into a false sense of security; (because they thought they only needed ‘x’ amount of points to win). It has since been considered bad sportsmanship and excluded in recent Challenges.

Moogle and I don’t mean to seem harsh, but to keep things fair for everyone, we won’t be able to count those previous tasks. As said, next time we recommend dropping by and letting us know you have achieved specific tasks and will be writing them up at ‘x’ time.

But remember, the NDC still has four weeks remaining and you are welcome to retry the tasks and claim points. Bonus tasks aren’t penalised for not being done in the week they were introduced, so everyone is given the same opportunity to achieve them. :content:

Also,

Congrats on the LDs. Feel free to type them up and claim points for them. We are focused on recall of any kind here, so any dream typed-up is eligible for points, regardless of whether it is an ND or LD. :wink:

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I guess it didn’t cross my mind, since I thought everyone just did their best, regardless of how much other people were claiming :tongue: Maybe put it in the actual rules for future challenges? It’s not really something you’d guess if you haven’t followed them before, but it’s easy to avoid if you’ve only been warned! I hope I can still get the points for doing all weekly tasks on time (even though I can’t get the actual points for the first), since you can’t really catch up on that one :nuu:

I think I won’t claim for recalled dreams since I get an awful lot anyway, and I wouldn’t really want to rack up points just through that. Presumably the spirit of the challenge is to improve the skills you haven’t already cracked. Also, I’m paranoid about the quality of my narration and I don’t want to do reams of longhand material every day. I’ll stick to tasks.

Back in the old days, before LDs, I used to have a recurring stress nightmare where I’d have to drive someone to hospital, without knowing how to drive. There would be so many pedals and gearsticks and I couldn’t work any of them out. I’d always get pulled over by the police. I think passing my test eventually cured that one…

Ok, finally got that written up. While lucid, completed the bicycle task and the subtasks pennyfarthing and race. I’m confused on how the points work, now, so I leave that up to the taskmasters :help:

EDIT: Do we need to update the topic title? It still says “bike”.

its interesting to hear peoples dream driving problems, i wonder if its a fairly common dream phenomenon?

a search reveals a thread in the archive from 2004 called problems with driving cars that has some more examples, mostly going too fast or brakes failing.

i had a bunch of fragments last night, just one that counts.

That’s a great find, Obliverum. It sounds as if anxiety dreams about driving are especially common to people who can’t yet drive. It’s such a remote scenario, not something you’d actually think about aged 15 - why does it keep cropping up in dreams?

Also…octopus suit? You can’t leave it at that! Was it a smartly tailored suit for an actual octopus, or an octopus disguise for a human, or some sort of spacesuit made to fit an astronoct? Please tell us!