Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
hoby
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 2019: 2

Quest for Lucidity with Sleep Issues
PostPosted: Mon 31 Dec, 2018  Reply with quote

I used to be able to lucid dream fairly regularly. I also used to be able to sleep whenever I felt like it. In the past couple of years I have struggled with insomnia as well as sleep paralysis.

Since I often notice in the past year that I am half awake I thought, hey this would be a great time to try the WILD technique. In the past I had never tried Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming. I had always realized within my dream that I was dreaming because things seemed off.

I was so tired by the time I tried to sleep that I forgot to even try WILD. I take medication to help me sleep and it had kicked in and basically I laid down and I was off to snoozeville.

I'm thinking that if I go to bed earlier, like right after I take my pills that the WILD technique might work better for me. Anyway, I had no lucid dreams but I had a nice night of rest so I can't complain.

Current LD goal(s): Lucid Exam + Summon Gloom

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com=
Obliverum
lucidly living
Somniologist
Obliverum has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 2018: 18

PostPosted: Wed 02 Jan, 2019  Reply with quote

i find many lucid dreaming autosuggestion techniques and visualizations to be very calming and help with sleep in general, to stop my mind from racing about a million random topics.

the best time to try WILD is usually after youve already gotten 4 to 6 hours of sleep, because your REM cycles are longer. when you first go to sleep your REM cycles are very short so WILD doesnt work very well. many people find the WBTB method useful for this reason, but you might try WILDing if you wake up in the middle of the night and are feeling too alert to just fall back into normal sleep.

for when you first go to sleep, id recommend trying some autosuggestion or MILD techniques. you can start your intentions to lucid dream when you first go to bed, which will help later whether you WILD or not smile

Current LD goal(s): learn healing magic

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com=
Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 6.april

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jan, 2019  Reply with quote

I completely agree with what Obliverum says.

It could also be possible that the medication suppresses REM sleep in the beginning of the night. If it does, you might get more REM sleep towards the morning. WILD tends to work the best for me when I can barely stay awake, so maybe a WBTB in the middle of the night could help?

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Page 1 of 1

print