What huge dreamsign have you missed lately Part IX

I have to be ashamed at THIS dream, where:

• a shark swims in an open canal close to people
  • the shark flies, hits a stone archway with its nose, gracefully descends into the water
  • penguins and kids are sliding together
  • I cannot find my shoes and have to walk barefoot
  • my wife suggests this could be a dream, I discourage her to think it, show her how to do a proper RC
  • I go to a car I’ve never seen before

And, despite all that, I do not become lucid :grin:

This creature broke my arm, it didn’t hurt and I didn’t realised it is a dream.
Oh man…

1 Like

I was on the beach and could see the names of each constellation written in golden letters & dotted lines that formed the corresponding figures drawn on them in the night sky~♥ (It was very pretty! I should draw it!)

To see figures/images on the sky it’s a dream sign of mine but I didn’t even thought about it! And just after that a huge tsunami formed in front of me (my number 1 DS!!!) but I didn’t become lucid at all, I just ran away from it, lol! :joy:

I saw a fight in a big empty parking lot. It was between huge robots with big dumpsters on their backs like bookbags.

Well my dreamsign is a dog I had years ago. He died due to a car accident but I see him still in my dreams. He even can speak to me. I am always very happy to see him :smile:

LOL so much funny :grin:

Several times, I had my dream characters shouting at me that I’d better look at my hands, sometimes just saying something related to the hands, or examining their own hands…It is such a shame because most of my reality checks are hands related.

1 Like

:ding:

So, last night, I was walking around in my old childhood home, and then noticed that instead of walking I was levitating, floating across the room, in sitting position, half a metre above the floor.
I move around like this, bemused, thinking, oh hey, this is cool, I didn’t know I could do that, all those monks trying to levitate and here I am just doing it.
Then I just went about some chores, floating all the while.
:rofl:

2 Likes

Last night I took the train from my parents’ house to my childhood friend’s house. It was a very local train that took several loops through my hiking and fishing spots. I even thought that this was what I used to dream when I was young…

i really really really should learn to recognize this as a dream sign…
last night, dreamt of my husband, who passed away 3 years ago. He explained he was brought back to life for 1 week to be with me. I was so incredibly happy to be able to touch him and see him and hug him that it never crossed my mind I was dreaming. I’d love to be able to recognize this dreamsign as I imagine it would be so much more intense when I can experience this while lucid.

3 Likes

My personal dreamsign is my house,i recently moved last year but the strange thing that i always miss is that either
My new house is the same but the back garden is my old house or the other way round
I need to get past this one day :rofl:

:lol:

Other dreamsigns are my relatives who get some parts changed,like one of my relatives i dreamt were normally skinny but in the dream was fat

:joy:

This morning… I had three different pieces of decadent cakes . Delicious… but that would never happen irl :,(

I just had a dream where I told my former high school friend circle about a dream I had earlier last night (an actual dream, not FM), full of excitement. I just stumbled upon them in the middle of the night and it was almost exactly the same group as in that dream! And I told them in a foreign language none of them even speaks :joy:

2 Likes

I once saw a huge sword(at least 10m long) being placed on a lorry by a crane

I saw two moons in the sky. I even asked myself if it was a dream, but since I passed an RC - a single RC, never thought to double check - I thought it must’ve been an atmospheric trick.

I was on a fire earthquake. I was hovering in the air to not get my feet hot. Then floated down and my feet didn’t get hot. I don’t remember enough to put this in dream journal.

I had so many FA’s last night it was funny, and in every one of them my phone and iPad refused to properly show my app icons (I needed to check something on discord). And there wasn’t any discord icon anywhere, and the screen just started playing random stuff. I should learn to do a Rc when my devices act weird :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe not huge huge, but it seems to happen more often lately (that my phone shows up or something) just need to poke my brain that this is a rc opportunity :rc:

Ha! Last night was literally filled with sense of dream-magic throughout the dream session. Literally any of it could have been the spark for lucidity…but it wasn’t. It was a NLD through-and-through. Honestly, I’m perfectly fine with it. It every much felt like it wasn’t supposed to be a lucid dream! It was simply supposed to be the kind of dream that it was/is.

One subtle shift for me over the last couple of years, really :slight_smile: …is to gently, progressively shift the tone of reflection in terms of reflecting on engaging awareness all day long and looking back on dreams or various vision states. The tone for me, personally…historically…has been one of self-judgment.

To be clear, this is a personal insight and, in a way, likely has to do with why it’s taking me soooooo long to feel “in the groove” with dreaming, meditation, sustaining internal silence/sustained awareness throughout the day…all the things I love about what makes exploring consciousness so interesting. There’s been this ambient internal dialog that persistently nags in the vein of “Ugh! Why can’t I get this right?! I’m always MISSING something…losing awareness…not-finding lucidity”…on and on and on. The tone has been one of frustration, which tends to squelch the spirit of joy of exploration for me. There’s constructive criticism…and then there’s destructive or obstructive criticism. Constructive criticism, to me, doesn’t feel like criticism at all. It feels like simply taking active note of what’s working and what’s not working, and flowing naturally toward the groove of solution-finding. I’ve been observing my internal state for many years now…teasing apart the aspects which are helpful, lending to those solutions…and which parts are “part of the problem”. And, for me, excessive emphasis of the perceived problem…IS the problem :smiley:

With this in mind, looking back on last night’s dream: No, it wasn’t lucid. But, then again, there was loads there that was/is interesting and dreamy and magical. Looking back and transporting myself to the NLD and actively taking interest in what happened…emphasizing all those delicate, glowing details…in a way, it’s like retrofitting lucidity right into the NLD. I look back on the dream as if I’m there…fully lucid.

It feels like a way of beckoning lucidity…encouraging it…courting it, in a gentle way. My dreaming self is like an exotic, mysterious friend or strange and elusive love-interest. It seems to respond to encouragement and loving enticement more than fault-finding.

For what it’s worth! Just some interesting data in the vein of self-exploration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last night in my dream I crawled between the floor and the wall into the basement… things I do all the time every day while awake… sarcasm off!
How could I miss this? :rage::sweat_smile::crazy_face:

1 Like