What kind of dream is this

This happened to me while I was traveling on a bus this year. And I was awake in the middle of night for a while and went back to sleep at around 3am. While I was going into sleep in less than 20minutes, I experienced the following in dreams.

My dream - I was blabbering in dreams the following “Death and some date”. It was me who was thinking of the word death and date(month and day). Nothing else in the dream. No other character in my dream.

I got up all of a sudden and got scared. I don’t know how to interpret this dream. What kind of dream is this?

Dreams right after falling asleep are usually rather chaotic, at least for me. Typically, I get random strings of words or patterns, like news headlines or computer games floating through my mind. I think this is non REM dreams. Maybe you remember the randomness better because of the different sleep conditions on the bus :cool:

I agree with Siiw. That’s my experience with non-REM dreams. They have very little visually. These dreams could just be your thoughts and feelings, nothing else. Non-REM often means you are in deeper sleep. You “rise” to lighter sleep when REM begins. The deeper sleep, I assume, is why these are more chaotic and lack visuals. Your brain isn’t active enough to produce visuals or make sense.