Are you a natural? - Part II

The LDs I have now (currently that’s very few) happen only at times of being actively interested in the topic. So I wouldn’t call myself a natural lucid dreamer :wink:

I’ve had some LDs when I was young though, but I think that’s because LDs are naturally more common in children…

I guess I am. I tend to realize I am in a dream more by intuition than any specific technique.
I don’t often have lucid dreams or get them at will, mostly I have prelucid style dreams where I know I can do impossible things and aren’t really in any danger but don’t quite click that I am dreaming.
I don’t keep a journal and tend to get a lucid dream when I stop trying too hard to have one but remain expectant and open to one occurring.
When I was young I used to use them as a ripcord to get out of dreams if I became too frightened. In one memorable dream There was a T-Rex prowling around the farm and I went outside the house to do something crucial by then the T-Rex was a man eating giant and was going to catch me that is when I got real scared and realized it was a dream. So I turned my back on it and sat down cross legged with my eyes closed and woke up.

I have started using reality checks and practicing mindfulness through the day. I have started recording titles for my dreams with a neat app called Lucidity too

Pfff…I’m a seasoned noob at best. I don’t remember anything even remotely resembling lucidity as a child. When I learned about it in college (having never even heard of it before) my interest took years and years to galvanize even to the point that I could start trying to generate an LD. Then it, without exaggeration, took me a full year of persistent trying to have my first one. When it finally manifested…well…you can imagine my excitement! :smile:

For those out there who are frustrated by delayed results…don’t sweat it. If I can LD…believe me, anyone can :happy:

High fives I ALWAYS say that.

Here’s to wishing both of us lucidity soon, mon ami :smile:

:beer:

I had Lds as a kid until I scared myself by doing something in a lucid dream that hurt me, then I stopped myself having them for a few years. Then I had to work very hard to get to the level I was at, it took time but was well worth it. So a natural? I feel most people are to a small level, but everyone can work to a high level.

I can I say I am a natural, to a certain extent.
I clearly remember as a child, it often happened to me to notice I was dreaming, especially during nightmares or when I was flying.
I am sure that sometimes I used that knowledge to force a wake-up for getting out of troubles.
I am less sure of how much I controlled my dreams when they were pleasant.

As a grown-up, before hearing about LD, I recall several experiences of false awakenings, semi-lucid dreams, seeing HI after a quick awake and stuff like that.
Once, I was able to see HI under closed lids and tell them in real-time to my wife… :happy:
Other than those rare occasions, I had basically no dream recall during last 7-8 years.

When I read about LD I thought - Hey, learning them would be a cakewalk for me, thanks to my previous experience.

Luckily it was really the case ! :tongue:

I had my first proper LD (DILD) just few days after starting practice, I was successful at MILD at first night, and now I am a dedicated WILD user.

I remember being natural as a child, but nowadays it seems to be gone. Weird.

Hi and welcome to LD4all, albelgiki! :welcome:

How old were you when you stopped spontaneously lucid dreaming?

I’m not sure. I just now discovered that this is what ive been doing & now that I know that it’s like I’ve mentally messed with my own head. I think I’m getting in my own way. I just do it but not intentially. So now that I want to do it on purpose I can’t. Hence joining this group.

Well I still am a child so I can’t really partake here. But I do have LD’s every other night when sober.

The more I think about it, the more I realize I’m a natural. I used to have spontaneous lucid dreams as a child, often from noticing inaccuracies in my dream or through DEILD. All of my dreams recalled has had me perform actions that a lucid dreamer would do, albeit with less awareness. Now that I have started keeping a dream journal again we shall see how lucid I can be.

The more I learn about LD, the more I realize I have been using the WILD technique since I can remember to help myself fall asleep because I have always had a hard time doing so. I can quickly get to a point of seeing images (withing 5 minutes sometimes) and usually after that am asleep. I am trying to learn how to grow from that ability and have a lucid dream. (i did have one lucid dream on accident years ago) So maybe I am a natural that just needs to perfect her ability.

I had my first luzid dream 4 years ago and since then i did my best to get more. But I allways had this felling, that I had luzid dreams in my childhood too, but i cant remember a single one. I just have this “feeling” :eh:

I had most success with the WILD method.
But its diffucult… There are a lot of things you can do wrong and you need a lot of practice. It took me a couple of weeks to get my first lucid dream with wild but since then I have 2-3 lucid dreams per week. Its just perfect. !! :content: :content:

I also think I am a natural. I think I had a few luzid dreams as a kid. But then ( I think when I came in school) they dissappaered…

My early experiences were more like “the Exorcist” movie.
I learned because I had to learn…or be washed away as some in-humans trophy.

anywho.
New to the site…

Just checking it out.

If you cant lucid dream… here is a way you can and will.

Stay up for 3 days.

At least for me… I transition into lucid right at the moment of sleep.

Granted it is not ideal or safe.
But it ALWAYS works for me if you have to lucid dream and go venture in the spirit plane.

Absolutely remember frequent LDs as a kid, it was always something normal and natural for me, mostly in the way that I would use my lucidity to wake myself up when I didn´t like a dream or that I´d slightly shift the dream into a direction or jump off high places for fun without hurting myself.

I even recall telling my mum about it and her not believing me that I could often tell that I was dreaming. Years later I found an article about LD and showed her.

I guess so, apparently!

I had no idea this had a name but I guess I should have known since human beings naturally want to name and categorize everything :grin:

To my knowledge of what it means to lucid dream, I’ve been lucid dreaming to some extent for as long as I can remember. Only back in my childhood those dreams were still pretty hazy and I couldn’t do much with them. It wasn’t until I started paying more attention to my dreams that they became clearer and more vivid, and only now I can say for sure that I lucid dream. So… kind of? I absolutely do not regret my decision to turn my attention to my dreams, but it wasn’t there from the beginning…