Hargart's Induction Technique Log (HILD)

- HILD: Hargart’s Induced Lucid Dream -

Here is a new lucid dream induction technique I created

So far it looks very successful, I will continue to improve upon it as I test it out some more (and as other people post their experiences)

Pre Attempt: 6-24-04 (1 LD)

This is happened before I had created this tech: I had just woken up at 5 am for a WBTB, and I tried to WILD… This didn’t work, so I thought I would just try the MILD tech… So i finally feel asleep. Later that morning, I woke up briefly, and tried moving my hand for some reason, and suddenly, I woke up from a dream (I had thought that I was still awake laying in my bed!) … So i tried it again, and I woke up from the same dream again… This time, I said to my self, I will just wait a few secs, and I will do a RC… So, I started again, and a few secs later, I did a RC… It was a dream…

Attempt 1: 6-26-04 (1 LD)
I woke up around 5-6 am, and I was very tired. My right hand was under my pillow, so i tried moving my 2 fingers up and down (just enough so i could tell my fingers were trying to move). I then thought to my self, Ill just wait a few secs, and see if im in a dream. So after 7-10 secs passed, I still belived nothing had happened, and i was still laying in my bed, moving my fingers. But just to be sure, i sat up, and did a RC. Sure enough, it was a dream. (posted the LD in my diary if you want to read it)

Attempt 2: 6-27-04
Well, I went to bed at 1:50 AM, slept for 6 hours w/o waking up, and then suddenly woke up from a noise in my house. So I didnt get a chance to try it… I will try again tonight…

Attempt 3: 6-28-04
Again, I didnt wake up until it was light out, and the sun was shining in my room. I tried to relax, and I tried the tech. a few times (I belive it almost worked once) And then ended up having a dream about doing this tech, while looking at monkeys, huh? … anyway, I need to find a way to wake myself 3 hours after I go to sleep when I enter the REM state ( I think it will work the best then ) I noticed that on my first Attempt, it was raining out, and was making a lot of noise on my skylight… (And I woke up 3 hours after I had gone to sleep)…

Attempt 4: 6-29-04
Ok, I set an alarm 3 hours after I went to sleep, woke up, and tried relaxing for a few mins (only about 2-3 mins)… But i guess i relaxed too much, because I fell asleep… heh… I have a feeling that this will work good because this was how my first attempt worked (I woke up 3 hours later from the sound of the rain, and then tried this tech.)

Attempt 5: 6-30-04
Set my alarm again for 4:30am and woke up, tried to relax and become tired, but the alarm ended up going off again when I was almost ready to try the tech… After that I couldnt get back to that state.

Attempt 6: 7-1-04
So I set my alarm for 3:30 AM, and turned the volume very low…
After about the 3-4th ring (about 15 secs) I realised the alarm was going off, so i just layed there for a few more secs, and then turned it off. At this point, I felt very relaxed and tired (the way I did the 1st attempt)… At that point, I forget what I did (I must have try to relax some more… and then fell back to sleep … It was fast)

Attempt 7: 7-3-04
Went to bed at 12:30, and woke up about 2.5 hours later from the alarm (too early…), I tried relaxing and then tried the tech… didnt work, and then I dont know what happend after that. Anyway, I ended up having 4 LDs that night, 1 DILD, 1 MILD, and 2 from FAs (not from my tech)

Attempt 8: 7-4-04 (2 LDs)
Success! I set the alarm for 3:30 am, and never woke up. Around 5:00 am I woke up, and shut the alarm off. I tried the tech at this point, but it didn’t work, so I went back to sleep. Later that morning, about 30 mins later, I woke up again from a dream, tried to relax, and did the tech. It worked! After I woke up from the LD (very short) I tried it again, but the LD woke me up too much. At that point, I got out of bed, and considered waking up. However, I decided to go back to sleep. Again, I woke up from a dream later that morning (about 30 mins again) relaxed, and tried the tech again, and to my amazement, it worked.

Attempt 9: 7-5-04
I woke up at 5:30 from my alarm, and I felt really tired. I think I fell back to sleep and then woke up again. I was still tired. I tried my tech, but I was “trying” to fall asleep… Which will just keep you awake. Once I tired the RC, the alarm went off again, and I lost the tired state. Very Close…

Attempt 10: 7-6-04
No luck, I woke up from the alarm at 5:30, but I was too awake, so I decided to go back to sleep, and try again when I woke up, but the alarm woke me up… It was time to go to work…

Attempt 11: 7-7-04
I didnt set an alarm, so I woke up at 7:30 am. I tried going back to sleep, but I kept waking up from 10 sec dream, and never felt tired. Finally, I had a long dream, and when I woke up, relaxed too much, and SP started. So I decided to try the tech while in SP. I started moving my fingers, and suddenly, a matrix of numbers appeared in front of me, filling my vision. (I was aware of what was going on the entire time) So then I got too excided, and woke up again.

Attempt 12: 7-8-04 (2 LDs)
I tried playing some sound in the background (it didnt have a beat, and no singing, just mystical sounds). I think I woke up about 5 times during the night in a tired state, a few of the times I was so tired, I just fell back to sleep. Finaly, that morning, I woke up very very tired, and I tried the tech. Almost instantly, a tingly feeling came over my body, and I held my nose to do a RC (Almost like SP w/in the dream) I then laid there holding my nose for a while, just breathing thru it, and then imagined my room, and got up.

LD4ALL Members:

DeMoN: I woke up at nine, forgot to set my alarm for four, anyway my dog was barking and woke me up, i did a reality check and nothing, i wasn’t sleeping so i decided i would try this method. I started to move my fingers, but instead of 10 secs. i went for about 2 min., i then sat up and did a RC, nothing. However as soon as my head hit the pillow i feel asleep dreaming that i was still in bed, i decided that i would do one more RC before i went to sleep, and low and behold, i was dreaming.

Zardos: I did wbtb sleep for 6 h I think…went up to the bathroom… and back to bed, then I jest relaxed so match that I was almost fell asleep then I raise up form my bed and did a Rc and I was dreaming!!

Tz0rcelan: I went to sleep 1:30 am but i didn’t sleep anygood… i slept maybe after about 3:00 am and i woke up 7:30 am and then i just lie in my bed for like 1 and a half hour (tried to recall) and just being very tired(but relaxed), then in 9:00 am remembered to try this one… and i though like its never gonna work. And then after like 20 secs i did an RC and i was dreaming… hm it felt strange cuz it felt kinda like the “reality” was in my head (like in an ND… and it was the same in the LD, it was night in the LD but it was 9:00 am (it was morning and the sun was up). Anyway it was a very short LD (10 sec) BUT it was my FIRST!!!

SpEEd0: I tried this last night and it was so amazing. I woke up in the middle of the night and I felt really tired and I remembered this technique and put my hand under the pillow and moved my fingers for 30 seconds. I started to hear music so I knew I was in a dream but to make sure I liquifyed the wall.

Trancewave: I didn’t set an alarm last night, I just used the time that I awake normally to do this. I remember I was starting to get sleep paralysis and my body was going tingly. I started to lose my conciousness and I was in a dream a few minutes later. I realized I was dreaming a couple minutes into the dream, but I lost my lucidity fast.

JaRoD: I remember moving a finger and then I looked at my alarmclock and the numbers where greyish instead of red and I got lucid.

Zardos: I told my friend about this tech and he had 2 Lds in row.

Dr.Stein: For me this technic worked excellent! First night when I tried this I got two pretty good lucid dreams in one night. First time when I tried I fall directly to sleep, but the second and third try worked excellent! And I’m not even a excperienced lucid dreamer, I’ve only tried it once for around 3 months ago starting to remembering my dreams and that stuff. I left that techninc after only a few days and since that i havn’t tried any lucid dreaming at all until now.

Macrophage: Went to bed around 1:25 and woke up at 4:40 for another attempt at HILDing. I relaxed my body and surprisingly fast (~20 sec) I started to feel like I fell asleep. I started to move my fingers, and it feels like an energy flows through my whole body. At the same time I got this gut feeling that I’m dreamnig right now but I continue concentrating on my fingers. As I’m moving my fingers I hear “Moonlight Sonata” in the ‘background’ as if my fingers played it .

If anyone else tries this out, please post what happened in here… maybe we can improve it some more…

1 Like

That sounds really cool. A very interesting and unique technique! I am definatley going to try this tonight.

sound like a WILD like teq. that sounds promising, ill be shur to try it tonight, where did you come up with this?

Well something similar happened to me while I was sleeping, that how i came up w/ it :smile:

Im still trying to figure out how tired you have to be to get it to work…
(see Last Attempt)

Sounds awesome. I will try.

I tried this technique last night; here’s how it went:

I went to bed around 2:00 A.M. and woke up to my alarm at 7:00 (I can only wake up on my own if I practice it for a few nights). Unfortunately, I forgot why I had set my alarm so I got up and turned it off and stretched which kind of woke me up. Once I remembered this tech, I went back to bed to try it.

I did the finger movement for about two minutes between RCs since I was trying to get myself back on the verge of sleep. However, the RCs were keeping from falling asleep and I think I was actually getting less sleepy. So I gave up and decided just to go back to sleep and then after a while, to my suprise, I began to WILD (something I’ve never got far in doing before). It ended up going away :sad: , but I was much more into it than I have ever been.

I don’t know for sure that this tech was what cause the almost WILD, but I’d like to think it was. I’ll try again tonight.

hmm, I’ll try that tonight, whenever I listen to music, I wake up at the end of the CD, so this will allow me to take advantage of that. I hope I understand this…

Ok, I think iv found the best way to wake up (your music might work good too grizzled)

I went to bed at 1:30 am, and set an alarm exactly 3 hours after I go to sleep, so it was set at 4:30am.

(I have an alarm right next to my bed so i dont have to get up)

If you time it correctly, you should wake up rather quickly when the alarm goes off (in the REM stage)

Ok, So i did that last night, and I just tried relaxing for a few mins, try to get my self really tired (about to fall asleep). So i was like, ok i feel really tired, lets try this, but it didnt work (I felt too awake for some reaon, I wasnt sure why) and then looked at the clock - it was 6:40am … oops :smile:

I will set my alarm again for 3 hours later, and will try not to fall asleep this time, heh …

Also, I tried doing the tech at 6:40 am (sun out, and I can hear some sounds) and I could never get my self to the point where im just about to fall asleep…

Relic,

Thanks for posting what happened!

Try waking you self up 3 hours after you go to sleep, and then try relaxing (w/o doing any movements or RCs). Be carefull you dont fall asleep :smile:

Once you feel tired again, try the tech. just once, and do a RC (I recomend using the nose RC, where you quickly hold you nose, and try to breath in, if you can, your dreaming)… If the RC fails, stop trying the tech, and try getting closer to the point where you almost fall asleep.

If it doesnt work after the 2nd - 3rd try, and you feel like your still awake, I would just go to sleep :smile:

Good Luck!
Post your results :smile:

I think I can try this…
Thanks for the technique.

When i tried this last time i didnt make it… but now i am more skilled knowing how long it is before im going to sleep. I mean… i can sense when i almost fell asleep… :smile: Going to try this again toinght for sure

1337-Dreamer,

How many hours after you went to bed did you try this?

well, it didn’t work because I totally fell asleep, but I’ll try agian tonight,

hargarts: i think i went to bed at 01.00 and woke up trying it around 5 or something… i didnt note the time… I forgot trying the tech tonight because i tried WILD :smile:

I want to tell you a funny thing… I was trying to WILD when i first went to bed… 23.30… When i woke up because my father came in at 00:00 i thought i was dreaming… and all that he said to me, I thought was a dream untill i did a RC when he was gone and i wasnt… HAHA LOL :happy:

-hargarts- I tried your technique this night !

I woke up (naturally) after 5 hours of sleep, and then I remembered your technique. It seems to be very good, but I’m not a WILDer, I never had a lucid dream with WILD. So after some tries, I decided to sleep… and I had a little MILD in which I was closing my nose ( I never used this RC before ) !

I have a question indeed :
When practising your technique, I didn’t dare to make a physical RC because I was afraid of awaking fully. In the technique, you have to make very small finger movements, but if you sit then on your bed, as you say, or even close your nose to RC, doesn’t it destroy the effect of asleeping ?

And a remark : could not be your technique more fruitful if you wake up after 4h30 or 5 hours ? The REM period would be longer than after 2 cycles, wouldn’t it ?

Same here. I was trying to get very close to falling asleep without actually going, but I nodded off.

Ok, I tried the alarm again, I was getting close, and then the stupid alarm went off again lol…

By that time it was getting bright out, and I could hear all those birds out side, after that, I felt relaxed, but never tired hmm… Maybe I should go to bed earlier… heh

I also need to try playing music in the background while im sleeping and see if that will wake me up at the correct time, and in a tired state.

** I need to set the alarm volume lower so I come out of the sleeping state slowly **

Basilus West,

The big problem is trying to not only get your self relaxed, but you have to be tired, and feel like you can fall asleep… If you slept 5-6 hours, you would have more REM, but I would find it hard trying to get into that “tired” state because your body doesnt need much more rest at that point.

About the movement… If you did a RC, and you were not in a dream, yes it would wake you up even more, but if the tech. works correctly, the RC would be done in a dream, along w/ the sitting up and getting out of bed, therefor it wouldnt wake you up…

And if you do the RC, and you are still awake, I would just go to sleep normally, and try again another day.

I think you can tell how awake you are if you open your eyes,

• If you easily open your eyes, and feel awake, and rested, it’s not gonna work. Maybe someone is able to relax to that tired state again, but I know once I feel that feeling of being awake, I cant get rid of it.
  • If you open your eyes, still feel tired, and feel like you could easily go back to sleep, you have a good change of it working. (When It worked on my first attempt, I opened my eyes, and looked around before I tried the tech. … the feeling after i had opened my eyes was very different what you feel in the morning when you wake up normally… a feeling like Im not done resting, I need to sleep some more)

I think that the only way to get into this state is be slowly woken up in the middle of the night (when it’s still dark out (a MUST) - The sun will tell your mind that you are fully rested. Also, a sudden waking jolt from an alarm clock will cause you to lose it) or to somehow semi-wakeup after a dream in the morning (that’s what happned the very first time)

Much better results… I fell asleep tho betore I could try :smile:

Hola Folks!!

I tryed this method last night, well actually it was this morning but who cares, and my results were these:

I woke up at nine, forgot to set my alarm for four, anyway my dog was barking and woke me up, i did a reality check and nothing, i wasn’t sleeping so i decided i would try this method. I started to move my fingers, but instead of 10 secs. i went for about 2 min., i then sat up and did a RC, nothing. However as soon as my head hit the pillow i feel asleep dreaming that i was still in bed, i decided that i would do one more RC before i went to sleep, and low and behold, i was dreaming.

I then became Lucid for my second time and it lasted for about 10 min!!!

Thanks for the method!