The DreamMaker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

#61:  Author: phoenelai PostPosted: Fri 08 Apr, 2005
    ----
I cant say I tested the product enough, but when I was having a lucid on my own, there were no triggers, lights or alarm. I dont think facial twitching, and eye flutters(opening/closing) are reliable. Why only one sensor. Why not 2 one for each eye, where is the logic in that. I agree in this product was not tested enough. I like the business that bruce is in, I think he's doing a great job. This is in my opion but I think Bruce saw a great opportunity to get into this Lucid market since the Nova Dreamer is around 600+. But the product was rushed (even by the consumer) because everyone wanted one.

I think everyone has to find out what works for them. I've had better luck using my Luma 10 at 4 am and playing a lucid induction CD, but that just works for me!

My 2 cents
phoen+++

#62:  Author: Shaper PostPosted: Tue 12 Apr, 2005
    ----
I'd definately be willing to give something like this a try. I used to want a Nova Dreamer but they have since become so scarce and expensive that I've abandonded that idea altogether.
Like I said I'd gladly try this and report my results. I'm the kinda guy who's dreams frequently are influenced by outside sensory input, so I have a feeling that this'd work well for me. As for the price, hey, I can always sell it if it doesn't work. At least I'll have tried it.

#63: Re: DreamMaker Author: milod789 PostPosted: Wed 13 Apr, 2005
    ----
dmaker wrote:
It seems you just want it cheaper even if I have to use rubber bands and paperclips to hold it together?

I think that was a sarcastic and exaggerated comment in an effort to justify your high price! No one here wants you to give the thing away for free but, you make an obscene profit on each sale. You know it and so do we. Like someone said, the technology for the dream maker is cheap and people could build one for $20.00 if they have even minor knowledge in electronics. So how do you justify $400.00 per unit.(I also understand that your price is going up to $1000.00 after this trial release).

#64:  Author: squakMix PostPosted: Wed 13 Apr, 2005
    ----
Oh, well, then I will OBVIOUSLY NEVER EVER EVER BUY SOMETHING THAT I CAN MAKE MYSELF FOR FREE AND/OR BUY FOR 39 BUCKS FOR 1000 DOLLARS..

Great job losing a purchase from me and undoubtedly thousands of others

#65:  Author: milod789 PostPosted: Wed 13 Apr, 2005
    ----
squakMix

See this topic I explain how you can just use your own creativity to get a nova dreamer effect. No technical skills required!

#66:  Author: squakMix PostPosted: Wed 13 Apr, 2005
    ----
Yea, I saw it and linked to it in this thread tounge2

#67: Re: DreamMaker Author: Shaper PostPosted: Wed 13 Apr, 2005
    ----
milod789 wrote:
dmaker wrote:
It seems you just want it cheaper even if I have to use rubber bands and paperclips to hold it together?

I think that was a sarcastic and exaggerated comment in an effort to justify your high price! No one here wants you to give the thing away for free but, you make an obscene profit on each sale. You know it and so do we. Like someone said, the technology for the dream maker is cheap and people could build one for $20.00 if they have even minor knowledge in electronics. So how do you justify $400.00 per unit.(I also understand that your price is going up to $1000.00 after this trial release).

Isn't that the 'Pro' model going up in price?

#68:  Author: phoenelai PostPosted: Wed 13 Apr, 2005
    ----
I wouldnt consider a dream maker until they put 2 sensors, one for each eye to start. One sensor absolutly makes no sense! For a basic test I put the mask on, kept my eyes closed then moved them around inside - no trigger what so ever!

I have more luck playing my CD looping from 3-6 AM. I usually hear it in my dreams and go lucid no problems and that was free!

phoen+
kiekeboe

#69:  Author: Bernard PostPosted: Wed 13 Apr, 2005
    ----
Didn't the NovaDreamer have one eye-movement sensor? (I could be confusing it with a "homebuilt" design)?

Anyways, I would think that one is enough (as both eyes move together). Two sensors might -- or might not -- improve such devices performance.

Does anyone have more specific info?

#70:  Author: MeusOpusMagnus PostPosted: Wed 13 Apr, 2005
    ----
my problem right now is a trust issue...

i don't think the mask EVER had electromyography capabilities, AT BEST it was electrodermal (GSR) or nothing at all... So the fact they suddenly "removed it" cause it wasn't working is all a load of crap... Cause if you WOULD remove it, you'd make it cheaper (since it has one less important feature)... which didn't happen.

I'm still curious as to how the sensors were placed and the data recorded and if this question would be answered I'd probably give the product some slack.

but given the fact he probably lied about it, i don't see why ANYONE should trust him or any of his products.

#71:  Author: Shaper PostPosted: Wed 13 Apr, 2005
    ----
I did some checking.
The Nova Dreamer was $275 (American) and this Dream Maker is $340.
I'd try it for sure, but if it were the same price as the Nova Dreamer, that would be a real plus.

#72:  Author: milod789 PostPosted: Thu 14 Apr, 2005
    ----
MeusOpusMagnus wrote:
my problem right now is a trust issue.

I donít blame you. Read the original DreamMaker - the new novadreamerthread.

It seems there have been problems with people getting their Dreammaker and the developer ignores inquiries and complaints.

Also has a bad rep with thebetter business Bureau.

#73:  Author: Shaper PostPosted: Thu 14 Apr, 2005
    ----
Wow, after reading that stuff, I think I'll stay away from this perticular product.
Maybe a REM Dreamer would be more worth looking at.

#74:  Author: milod789 PostPosted: Thu 14 Apr, 2005
    ----
Josh Redstone wrote:
Wow, after reading that stuff, I think I'll stay away from this perticular product.
Maybe a REM Dreamer would be more worth looking at.

Those are just the handful of people who bothered to complain. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

I do not know about the rem dreamer. I have not heard any feed back about it in some time.

Just remember that these devices donít magically give you lucid dreams. You still have to practice. Furthermore, you donít need these devices at all to lucid dream.

#75:  Author: Shaper PostPosted: Thu 14 Apr, 2005
    ----
I realize I don't need a device like this, but I'd love to try one out. smile
The remdreamer is $200 Canadian, about $160 American I suppose, much less than the $340 American Dreammaker and certainly wayyyyy less than the discontinued NovaDreamer, which is upwards of $600 American. neutral
I think if I choose to spend my money ona device like this, I'll make it the most inexpensive one ^^

LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
Page 5 of 10
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com