WILD: sound technique - has anyone successfully used this?
LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

#1: WILD: sound technique - has anyone successfully used this? Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Wed 07 Mar, 2007
    ----
I read about this WILD sound technique on the Lucid Dreaming wikibook, where you listen hard for the tinnitus in your ear. This would be an awesome technique for me because for some reason I suffer from the condition tinnitus, for as long as I can remember (last week. haha, no, only joking, I can remember longer than that). Has anyone heard of this, or used it, or even better - successfully used this technique?

#2:  Author: DreamerDavious PostPosted: Wed 07 Mar, 2007
    ----
I have not been successful with this, however I've heard it works and I'll try it tonight...

#3:  Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Wed 07 Mar, 2007
    ----
Join me in the plight for listening-induced LDs. I'm using it with WBTB, by the way.

#4:  Author: chip9munk PostPosted: Thu 08 Mar, 2007
    ----
tinnitus? i dont know that word.... could you explain please... (ok li10 you dont have to pm me now smile )

#5:  Author: MatrixManNe0 PostPosted: Thu 08 Mar, 2007
    ----
I personally always use it. It's the only way I successfully WILD.

chip9munk - Tinnitus is that ringing noise in your ear. If you don't hear it, then your ears must be healthy or something. Tinnitus seems stronger if you listen to really loud things, but I don't recommend it...

#6:  Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Thu 08 Mar, 2007
    ----
yeah, tinnitus can be really annoying. It's ALWAYS there, even if you don't realise.

Anyway I tried to wake up with autosuggestion, succeeded, but didn't do anything because my hand was numb and floppy. After fixing it I went back to sleep without getting to try WILD. I know why I forgot - I was too preoccupied with my mangled-dodgy hand to look at my clock, which is the trigger for me to remember to do a WILD. DAMN!

#7:  Author: Dili Dali PostPosted: Tue 20 Mar, 2007
    ----
So what do you do with this tedchnique?

Simply focus on this noise..or what?

Thx,
Dee

#8:  Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Tue 20 Mar, 2007
    ----
listen to it, listen hard.

#9:  Author: X-Acto PostPosted: Tue 20 Mar, 2007
    ----
I never had a wild so i can't say it's been successful.
However i've gotten to the vibrations using this tech.
I picked it up from an OBE guide long ago.
The key was to listen while keeping the mind "blank".
Kinda like listening for the thunder after you've seen a lightningbolt.
Listening on the ringing in your ears should work fine too i guess.
It's basicly trying to maintain singleminded focus.

#10:  Author: Dili Dali PostPosted: Tue 20 Mar, 2007
    ----
Interesting, thank you guys!

I may just try this tonight.. smile

#11:  Author: Dr Frankenstein PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar, 2007
    ----
On my ever first WBTB+WILD attempt, I used that tinnitus technique. It got louder and really louder, then I heard repeated buzzing sounds, then it stopped, then it re-started. After that I was in a dream. Not a really vivid dream, but at least I was 100% lucid. Lasted 10 seconds. I guess it was excitement.

But that sound technique attempt has been my only successful WILD, ever. I've been trying to reproduce it since then. Always failed.

#12:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2011
    ----
This is great technique, if you know - hear the ringing always when you concentrate.

#13:  Author: Jacob PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2011
    ----
I think I'll give it a try tonight

#14:  Author: BeRightBack PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2011
    ----
Stupid topic...I wasn't conscious of the annoying ringing sound in my ears till I read this topic. It's like being told that the next time you swallow you'll hear a popping sound. overspannen

BTW, I didn't even know what tinnitus was nor did I know that not everyone else hears this sound in their ears. One moment you're healthy, the next moment you suddenly have a 'condition', arghhh.

#15: "Tinnitus" Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2011
    ----
BeRightBack wrote:
Stupid topic...I wasn't conscious of the annoying ringing sound in my ears till I read this topic. It's like being told that the next time you swallow you'll hear a popping sound. overspannen

BTW, I didn't even know what tinnitus was nor did I know that not everyone else hears this sound in their ears. One moment you're healthy, the next moment you suddenly have a 'condition', arghhh.

I dont think it's disease. I have it since birth and its natural for me, i hear it only when i focus on it (in silence rather). Its like breathing - its there only if you remember.

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Thu 04 Aug, 2011; edited 1 time in total

#16:  Author: jburrowes PostPosted: Sun 31 Jul, 2011
    ----
I've noticed that when I eat ice cream or too much Starbucks whipped cream my ears ring more. That's the only way I eat dairy btw. That and cheese on the odd burger.

JB

Last edited by jburrowes on Thu 04 Aug, 2011; edited 1 time in total

#17:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Tue 02 Aug, 2011
    ----
jburrowes wrote:
I've noticed that when I eat ice cream or too much Starbucks whipped cream my ears ring more. That's the only way I eat dairy btw. That and cheese on the odd burger.

JB

Dont do it this way. Better concentrate in silence and carefully listen.... Your diet seems a bit...unhealthy. There are claims that say that food affects dreams...

#18:  Author: Limitles PostPosted: Tue 02 Aug, 2011
    ----
Then how come sometimes randomly when its not necissarily quiet, you suddenly hear the ringing very loud? like completly out of the blue---

#19:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Wed 03 Aug, 2011
    ----
Limitles wrote:
Then how come sometimes randomly when its not necissarily quiet, you suddenly hear the ringing very loud? like completly out of the blue---

That does not happen to me and if it causes you pain or bothers you lot, then its not natural and you should go to doctor.

I dont think that what i have is disease or "tinnitus". I have it since birth.
I can hear it even in daily life, in my case all i have to do is a little concentration. As i said for me its like breathing - i notice it only when i get aware of it.

And the author of technique has explanations that claims that its brain signals altering consciousness to dream or something like that.

#20:  Author: Jexius PostPosted: Wed 03 Aug, 2011
    ----
BeRightBack wrote:

Same, and you just made it worse! cry

#21:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Wed 03 Aug, 2011
    ----
My technique here:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Mon 29 Aug, 2011; edited 5 times in total

#22:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Thu 04 Aug, 2011
    ----
Jexius wrote:
BeRightBack wrote:

Same, and you just made it worse! cry

IT IS NOT CONDITION. Be calm. ^^

#23:  Author: Limitles PostPosted: Thu 04 Aug, 2011
    ----
cheerfuldreamer wrote:
Limitles wrote:

That does not happen to me and if it causes you pain or bothers you lot, then its not natural and you should go to doctor.

no i hear it like that maybe once a month for a span of about 10 seconds - and its comepletely random i never listen to really loud music soo idk....

#24:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Thu 04 Aug, 2011
    ----
Limitles wrote:
no i hear it like that maybe once a month for a span of about 10 seconds - and its comepletely random i never listen to really loud music soo idk....

This too sometimes happen to me, but thats not that sound...or it wont help even if it is, because its beyond your will...if you want to hear it, do whats recommended ^^

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Fri 12 Aug, 2011; edited 1 time in total

#25:  Author: CRW PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug, 2011
    ----
The "Listening In" technique is a bit tricky if you haven't experienced the sound before. My advice is to listen for the sound and tune into it, rather than try to create the sound. When the crazy vibrations start to kick in and the sound gets more and more intense, you know you've tuned into the right sound and you're about to enter the dream world :D

#26:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug, 2011
    ----
CRW wrote:
The "Listening In" technique is a bit tricky if you haven't experienced the sound before. My advice is to listen for the sound and tune into it, rather than try to create the sound. When the crazy vibrations start to kick in and the sound gets more and more intense, you know you've tuned into the right sound and you're about to enter the dream world :D

Nobody said you should "create" the sound.
You use the technique? Easy isn't it? ^^ I love it. I learned to have LD at will by this...

#27:  Author: CRW PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug, 2011
    ----
cheerfuldreamer wrote:
CRW wrote:

Nobody said you should "create" the sound.
You use the technique? Easy isn't it? ^^ I love it. I learned to have LD at will by this...

Same, it's my favourite way. I've actually had WILD's that way when i was home sick, before I even knew what lucid dreaming meant, it's that easy :D
I said not to create the sound because I used to make that mistake of doing that and it would just keep me awake tounge1

#28:  Author: gamblino100 PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug, 2011
    ----
i have noticed this noise before it has happened on occasion in wakeing life butni never realised it is always there. I might have to give it a go doing WBTB. I have only had 3 LD s and two of them I purdy sure I went straight into doing MILD but I seem to wake very quickly doing this grrr . Hard to really say I know, because I have only done this twice but that was my experience both times. maybe my body was still too awake or something I dont know.

#29:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Sun 07 Aug, 2011
    ----
gamblino100 wrote:
i have noticed this noise before it has happened on occasion in wakeing life butni never realised it is always there. I might have to give it a go doing WBTB. I have only had 3 LD s and two of them I purdy sure I went straight into doing MILD but I seem to wake very quickly doing this grrr . Hard to really say I know, because I have only done this twice but that was my experience both times. maybe my body was still too awake or something I dont know.

Yes definitely give it a try ^^ . WBTB is not neccesary, use it only if you are tired and likely to fall asleep fast.

#30:  Author: Matteo PostPosted: Sun 07 Aug, 2011
    ----
I can't hear anything?

#31:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Mon 08 Aug, 2011
    ----
Matteo wrote:
I can't hear anything?

You must be in complete silence. Then just listen, do you hear absolute silence, or is there "something"? Do not try to create some sound, just listen. Maybe it will take a while.
And remember the sound is not external. Good luck ^^

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Sun 21 Aug, 2011; edited 4 times in total

#32:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Mon 08 Aug, 2011
    ----
That "something" is probably the best description of it. I wouldn't say it's a clear sound at all, but maybe a fuzziness at most.

#33:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Mon 08 Aug, 2011
    ----
Rhewin wrote:
That "something" is probably the best description of it. I wouldn't say it's a clear sound at all, but maybe a fuzziness at most.

Fuzzines maybe...for me its something like energy but...i cannot describe it - i have nothing to compare with.
Interesting Articles on it: Click Click

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Fri 12 Aug, 2011; edited 1 time in total

#34:  Author: Matteo PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug, 2011
    ----
I tried but I am not sure if this is it. Is it something like a frequency sound? Like the white noise in the TV? Or maybe not, I can't seem to explain it. Maybe a humming type sound. For some reason it just seems like something to do with hertz or frequency. If it is then I guess I can hear it and I've probably heard it before but thought it was normal, otherwise I can't hear it.

#35:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Fri 12 Aug, 2011
    ----
Matteo wrote:
I tried but I am not sure if this is it. Is it something like a frequency sound? Like the white noise in the TV? Or maybe not, I can't seem to explain it. Maybe a humming type sound. For some reason it just seems like something to do with hertz or frequency. If it is then I guess I can hear it and I've probably heard it before but thought it was normal, otherwise I can't hear it.

YOU GOT IT. thumbs

(BTW thats best description i read colgate)

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Mon 15 Aug, 2011; edited 2 times in total

#36:  Author: Anzelthur PostPosted: Sat 13 Aug, 2011
    ----
One time I tried WILD I accidentaly started to listen to my tinnitus and concentrated on it - shortly after it got so loud it felt like an engine or a bomb blew up right next to my ears and this white light "burned" up the darkness in front of my eyes. I got terrified and woke up quickly. I didn't realise that focusing on the sound could be a great way until I came here, I thought I did something else..., thanks for this, I'll try it the next time I'm going to LD!

On the subject of tinnitus, many years ago when I was a kid I did something that made my sister slap me, but she hit my ear and this insane ringing sound went through my head and it wouldn't go away. We went to the doctor later that week, but they couldn't find anything wrong and declared I had tinnitus. I spent years to accept this sound and that it might never go away. Now I don't really care about it anymore, because my hearing is still very good, I just hear a ringing sound 24/7. I only really hear it clearly when I think about it. Like you, it's just like breathing to me as well. ^^ A saying I made, "If you cannot get rid of it, why not turn it into something good?" grin1

#37:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Sat 13 Aug, 2011
    ----
Anzelthur wrote:
One time I tried WILD I accidentaly started to listen to my tinnitus and concentrated on it - shortly after it got so loud it felt like an engine or a bomb blew up right next to my ears and this white light "burned" up the darkness in front of my eyes. I got terrified and woke up quickly. I didn't realise that focusing on the sound could be a great way until I came here, I thought I did something else..., thanks for this, I'll try it the next time I'm going to LD!

On the subject of tinnitus, many years ago when I was a kid I did something that made my sister slap me, but she hit my ear and this insane ringing sound went through my head and it wouldn't go away. We went to the doctor later that week, but they couldn't find anything wrong and declared I had tinnitus. I spent years to accept this sound and that it might never go away. Now I don't really care about it anymore, because my hearing is still very good, I just hear a ringing sound 24/7. I only really hear it clearly when I think about it. Like you, it's just like breathing to me as well. ^^ A saying I made, "If you cannot get rid of it, why not turn it into something good?" grin1

Yep another lucky one. :D
You will succeed! Post here your results then. ^^

#38:  Author: WolfTracker PostPosted: Sun 14 Aug, 2011
    ----
I have been trying to achieve a WILD coupled with WBTB for almost two weeks, with no considerable progress.

I usually don't sleep on my back, so it's quite uncomfortable for me. However this does start SP very quickly for me, but I can't go no deeper, while on my back. Tonight i tried "cheating", rolling over and pretending to give up, while at the same time I kept counting, focusing on my third eye and on the tinnitus. And it worked! Almost instantly my SP got very intense. At the same time, the tinitus got much louder and acquired a pulsating quality to it (kind of like those binaural beats). My arms felt as if I grabbed a high voltage wire (minus the pain) kinda cool. That's when started thinking, "Oh yeah! LD, Here I cooooooome!".....
and nothing....Everything stopped, my eyes went dark, and my SP went away. eh

I got up out of my bed very dissapointed, I was so close. Then as I go to go out of my room, I saw that my door is totally missing. That's when it hit me like a brick wall, a FA! woo woo

Thanks for the technique (and my first LD by extension), if anything you can add my success to your tally.

#39:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Sun 14 Aug, 2011
    ----
WolfTracker wrote:
I have been trying to achieve a WILD coupled with WBTB for almost two weeks, with no considerable progress.

I usually don't sleep on my back, so it's quite uncomfortable for me. However this does start SP very quickly for me, but I can't go no deeper, while on my back. Tonight i tried "cheating", rolling over and pretending to give up, while at the same time I kept counting, focusing on my third eye and on the tinnitus. And it worked! Almost instantly my SP got very intense. At the same time, the tinitus got much louder and acquired a pulsating quality to it (kind of like those binaural beats). My arms felt as if I grabbed a high voltage wire (minus the pain) kinda cool. That's when started thinking, "Oh yeah! LD, Here I cooooooome!".....
and nothing....Everything stopped, my eyes went dark, and my SP went away. eh

I got up out of my bed very dissapointed, I was so close. Then as I go to go out of my room, I saw that my door is totally missing. That's when it hit me like a brick wall, a FA! woo woo

Thanks for the technique (and my first LD by extension), if anything you can add my success to your tally.

Happy for you. biggrin How long you did spend there (in Lucid Dream time)? What you did? tell colgate

#40:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Sun 14 Aug, 2011
    ----
At least this long forgotten technique sees light. ebil

(wait thats not evil declaration wink5 )

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Sun 14 Aug, 2011; edited 4 times in total

#41:  Author: WolfTracker PostPosted: Sun 14 Aug, 2011
    ----
Well for starters, the finger counting and the finger through the palm RC's failed. I ended up trying to pull my finger off and that brought some sensation into my dream body.
I also tried the "ultimate test" jumping through a brick wall. However, the moment before impact a doubt crossed my mind, "What if..." and boinc, I bounced of the wall like a rubber ball and crashed on the floor. :D
The first half of the dream was actually quite boring, because I was lost in a seemingly endless maze of brick-walled hallways.
The second half was the exciting part! I came out into what looked like a huge trainstation or an airport. White marble floors, glass ceiling and walls, bright light, blue sky, and a whole bunch of people hurrying about on their own bussiness.
Funnily, I forgot about my "Lucid To do" list, and did the first thing that came into mind: Slow time. Quite easy actually, imagine it and bang everyone's crawling at the speed of the snail, but not for longer than a couple of seconds.
The dream lasted for what felt like 1 or 2 minutes (Which is incredibly long for me). And I began loosing lucidity towards the end and woke up shortly. Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep after that.
I want back!!!!

#42:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Mon 15 Aug, 2011
    ----
I've almost gotten this to work several times on accident.

My tinnitus just gets really loud all of a sudden, startling me. Then I get knocked out of it.

Once, it started "pulsating" back and forth between my ears while I had HI of a ball bouncing back and forth between trampolines on a wall. neutral

#43:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Mon 15 Aug, 2011
    ----
Mew151 wrote:

My tinnitus just gets really loud all of a sudden, startling me. Then I get knocked out of it.

Once, it started "pulsating" back and forth between my ears while I had HI of a ball bouncing back and forth between trampolines on a wall. neutral

You must concentrate intentionally. From begining. Try it. wink
If you find "it" i promise your signature will magically change. wizard

#44:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011
    ----
cheerfuldreamer wrote:
Mew151 wrote:

I tried it last night, but I fell asleep.

I had a nice vivid normal dream though. grin

#45:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011
    ----
Mew151 wrote:
cheerfuldreamer wrote:
Mew151 wrote:

I tried it last night, but I fell asleep.

I had a nice vivid normal dream though. grin

You must stay awake in mind...perhaps lay on back. You must clear your mind completely, dont think on anything else otherwise your mind will wander and you will fall asleep. Put your WHOLE concentration on it. Thats all. ^^

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Sun 21 Aug, 2011; edited 2 times in total

#46:  Author: Jacob PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2011
    ----
Matteo wrote:
I can't hear anything?

Consider yourself lucky, after I read this, I listened for it, heard it, now I'm almost constantly aware of it overspannen

It's really bothersome..

#47:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2011
    ----
Jacob wrote:
Matteo wrote:
I can't hear anything?

Consider yourself lucky, after I read this, I listened for it, heard it, now I'm almost constantly aware of it overspannen

It's really bothersome..

Take example from Anzelthur :
Anzelthur wrote:
"If you cannot get rid of it, why not turn it into something good?"
grin1

#48:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Thu 18 Aug, 2011
    ----
I got to SP for the first time using this technique. grin

#49:  Author: mattias PostPosted: Thu 18 Aug, 2011
    ----
Mew151 wrote:

grats, mew! :D

I keep forgetting to give this a try ._.

#50:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Thu 18 Aug, 2011
    ----
Mew151 wrote:

Good, good...you have it...SP is first step...in real if everyone would listen to "it" everytime when in SP, there would be no Topics how to get out of it. siiw

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Sun 21 Aug, 2011; edited 1 time in total

#51:  Author: Don Anonymus PostPosted: Thu 18 Aug, 2011
    ----
Hmm... isn't that 'something' you hear in your ears when in complete silence the blood flowing through the vessels in the ear ? That would be a start.

I remember, as a kid I always thought there was something wrong with my ears when I was in complete silence and heard that flowing sound. I described it as 'the sound the phone makes before you pressed any number, but a lot quieter' (I was referring to the standard home-phone).

Well, from what I had experienced until now in my (rather unsuccessful) WILD attempts, concerning sound (HS), I sometimes, after having lost some awareness thus being deep into thoughts, hear an orchestra playing a wonderful classical piece (not from RL). As I realize I'm actually vividly hearing it, I instantly snap out of it and it all fades away.

I once read a post in which a natural LD-er explained how they simply laid down (anywhere) and kept focusing on one sound, for example TV, radio (etc.). In less than a minute they would drift off into a LD and wake up shortly after that (they actually said 20 seconds) stating that they actually have had a full length LD of even a whole day.

Unfortunately I can't find that post anymore, and as far as this goes, concerning my experiences with this type of WILD, I honestly say there's none (except of what I wrote in the 3rd paragraph).

#52:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Thu 18 Aug, 2011
    ----
Don Anonymus wrote:
Hmm... isn't that 'something' you hear in your ears when in complete silence the blood flowing through the vessels in the ear ?
..................................................... ...................... ...........................
I remember, as a kid I always thought there was something wrong with my ears when I was in complete silence and heard that flowing sound. I described it as 'the sound the phone makes before you pressed any number, but a lot quieter' (I was referring to the standard home-phone).

Uhm...i must dissapoin you...thats not it....

rather...
Matteo wrote:

#53:  Author: Don Anonymus PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011
    ----
cheerfuldreamer wrote:

Hmm... I wasn't referring to your experiences, as I don't know them. Still, when do you start to hear that sound ? A few minutes after laying down or right away ?

I tried this type of WILD too, but um... I couldn't keep myself awake. shy2. I'll try it again, see if I'll get somewhere with it.

#54:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011
    ----
Don Anonymus wrote:
cheerfuldreamer wrote:

Hmm... I wasn't referring to your experiences, as I don't know them.

wink5
I wrote:
I meant that if its sound of blood flowing through the vessels in the ear, then
it wont probably help you.
Don Anonymus wrote:
Still, when do you start to hear that sound ? A few minutes after laying down or right away ?

I tried this type of WILD too, but um... I couldn't keep myself awake. shy2. I'll try it again, see if I'll get somewhere with it.

I can hear it anytime i concentrate on it. Its like breathing. ^^ (i should add this sentence as my signature)
And the best is ,that i can have LD anytime i want, because of that sound.
lachtraan biggrin

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Sun 21 Aug, 2011; edited 3 times in total

#55:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011
    ----
BTW i cling to this type of opinion:
" It is just an effect caused by your brain is trying to change mode, from listening to the ambient sound, to listening to the sound of dreamland, which is not real sound but just electrical charge inputed to the part of the brain to create a sensation of hearing."

#56:  Author: WolfTracker PostPosted: Sun 21 Aug, 2011
    ----
Alright! Another dip into dreamland. Tonight i have come very close to a LD, but lost my awareness in the very last moment. I ended up having a ND, in which I was stuck in SP smile So I had a WIND (Wake-Induced-Normal-Dream) whatsthat This tech sure works for me, second time I got very close in the last week.

#57:  Author: CRW PostPosted: Sun 21 Aug, 2011
    ----
cheerfuldreamer wrote:

lachtraan biggrin

Nice, how do you do this? I find during the day I can never just lie down and concentrate hard enough on the sound to amplify it. I usually only can right after waking up.

#58:  Author: theuncomprehendablebein PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug, 2011
    ----
I think i hear it but mines is more of a high pitched ringing as opposed to the White noise like one mentioned earlier .
Anyway really excited to give this a try smile

#59:  Author: Anzelthur PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug, 2011
    ----
Ahh I'm back! Hahaha. I'm having very vivid, strange dreams nowadays.
I keep on failing to LD since there's so much going on in real life, my mind is just.. aahhh.
But my dreams are longer though, there are new people I've never met, new places I've never seen. I think it's thanks to trying to LD with the sound. I get so close everytime almost. :D I think I'll have an LD next week. I just HAVE to! I know it!

Update:
Ok! I got a result this morning. I woke up, and I thought I would try it now since I was in a good condition. As I listened to the sound, it didn't get louder like last time it just faded slowly away and I'm suddenly walking down this hallway. When I've walked a few feet I realise I'm actually dreaming and I say it out loud "I'm dreaming!!", there are a lot of people there and everyone stops up, turns their heads towards me and this cleaning guy with a cart right next to me says "What?", I think, oh shit something bad will happen if I don't fix this, "Sorry, I was just kidding". Everyone goes back to whatever they were doing and I concentrate and everything becomes more clearer, it was like being awake in real life. woo
As I explored the end of the hallway, I'm in this giant building with different cinemas inside it, I try to change my oufit but it doesn't work. (I think it's best to change your outfit in dreams while you're looking in a mirror?) One of the cinemas were closed and dark, but I made it light up. :D And then I wake up because my brother was being noisy. - .- But this is GREAT! It felt amazing and real! I managed to do it again after my brother stopped and it was quite again; I had another long lucid dream. siiw

Last edited by Anzelthur on Mon 22 Aug, 2011; edited 1 time in total

#60:  Author: WolfTracker PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug, 2011
    ----
ritchie222 wrote:
I think i hear it but mines is more of a high pitched ringing as opposed to the White noise like one mentioned earlier .

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you're supposed to be hearing (Mines a fairly constant, high pitched whistle/ring). The wooshing/hissing sound (like what you hear when you press a sea shell or a cup to your ear) is the sound of your blood, and not what you ought to focus on.

Oh and Jacob,
Jacob wrote:
Consider yourself lucky, after I read this, I listened for it, heard it, now I'm almost constantly aware of it
It's really bothersome..

There are worse things you could be hearing such as the Taos Hum... wink

#61:  Author: theuncomprehendablebein PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug, 2011
    ----
[quote="WolfTracker"]
ritchie222 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you're supposed to be hearing (Mines a fairly constant, high pitched whistle/ring). The wooshing/hissing sound (like what you hear when you press a sea shell or a cup to your ear) is the sound of your blood, and not what you ought to focus on.

Yeah thats what I hear , thanks for clearing that up!

#62:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Thu 25 Aug, 2011
    ----
<mod>Stacked posts edited together.... please use the "edit" button if you need to add to what you've already said. Rhewin</mod>

Anzelthur wrote:
Everyone goes back to whatever they were doing and I concentrate and everything becomes more clearer, it was like being awake in real life. woo
But this is GREAT! It felt amazing and real! I managed to do it again after my brother stopped and it was quite again; I had another long lucid dream. siiw

Enjoy it!!! :D Basically it IS waking life...another waking life.
WL under your direction!

CRW wrote:
cheerfuldreamer wrote:

lachtraan biggrin

Nice, how do you do this? I find during the day I can never just lie down and concentrate hard enough on the sound to amplify it. I usually only can right after waking up.

Im natural at this. All i have to do is concentrate and it becomes louder...No "hard enough", just listen do not force it....it will come itself. Just listen and be at ease.

music2 music2 music2 music2 music2 music2 music2 music2 music2 music2
Now summary - how it sounds like:
Frequency sound, loud silence, humming sound, buzzing sound,
high pitch ringing, energy, .............
Just something like that

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Thu 25 Aug, 2011; edited 1 time in total

#63:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Fri 26 Aug, 2011
    ----
Our brothers from Dreamviews know it too Click
Hints there especially from ChaybaChayba.

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Tue 30 Aug, 2011; edited 2 times in total

#64:  Author: Matteo PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011
    ----
cheerfuldreamer wrote:
Matteo wrote:

YOU GOT IT. thumbs

(BTW thats best description i read colgate)

I was on a Holiday for quite some time and couldn't really reply but that's awesome. Will need to try this out tonight. smile

#65:  Author: Samadhi PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011
    ----
This topic is really interesting.. but I'm not sure if I can actually hear that sound.

During the day I'm usually busy with other stuff so I don't hear a thing, and now after reading this thread I was sure I could hear it (like many other times before), but now that I concentrated too much on it I'm not sure anymore if it's not there or if I simply got too used to it by concentrating on it..

Stop fiddling with my mind, ld4all! grin

EDIT: When I can hear it, it sounds a lot like the first example on this clinics page. Apparently it can be very different from person to person, as the following examples sound kinda weird.. :D

Will try this tonight though.. cheesy

#66:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Sun 28 Aug, 2011
    ----
Samadhi wrote:
This topic is really interesting.. but I'm not sure if I can actually hear that sound.

During the day I'm usually busy with other stuff so I don't hear a thing, and now after reading this thread I was sure I could hear it (like many other times before), but now that I concentrated too much on it I'm not sure anymore if it's not there or if I simply got too used to it by concentrating on it..

Stop fiddling with my mind, ld4all! grin

EDIT: When I can hear it, it sounds a lot like the first example on this clinics page. Apparently it can be very different from person to person, as the following examples sound kinda weird.. :D

Will try this tonight though.. cheesy

aww Well what can i say about that... There are two sounds
One - Tinnitus - its condition, from time to time(once twice thrice a month) i hear it too...hm...how identify it....when its in its first stage ( that condition), it comes RANDOMLY (my exp.). THATS NOT IT.

Two - Its natural and every, EVERY human can hear it. Not everyone is aware of it.
Its always there. I cannot define absolutely, but there are theories.
Maybe its brain altering you to dream frequencies.

I dont know if you hear the right one, only way to knowis...try....try.

Who knows maybe tinnitus and the "sound" are one.
I'll give you inspiration. Click

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Tue 30 Aug, 2011; edited 3 times in total

#67:  Author: Samadhi PostPosted: Sun 28 Aug, 2011
    ----
cheerfuldreamer wrote:
Who knows maybe tinnitus and the "sound" are one.
I'll give you inspiration. Click

Thanks! It's a really interesting link. I'm now sure that I can hear the sound, but it only happens if it's really quiet or if I focus on it a lot. Well, it doesn't really matter if it's a condition or not, after all it's not disturbing me in any way.
But it definitely is there, and the WILD discussed in this thread gave me veeery weird HI last night.
I just remember suddenly seeing light flashes, and the rest was a lot more intense than the 'normal' WILD I try.

The only downside is that I forgot focussing on the sound and fell asleep. grin

#68:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Sun 28 Aug, 2011
    ----
I feel...you hear that right one. :D

Samadhi wrote:
The only downside is that I forgot focussing on the sound and fell asleep. grin

Meh...

you must not be tired.

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Tue 30 Aug, 2011; edited 1 time in total

#69:  Author: Samadhi PostPosted: Mon 29 Aug, 2011
    ----
cheerfuldreamer wrote:
you must not be tired.

Uhh, that's a hard one. I usually only go to bed when I'm tired. >_<

Do you think that this technique requires you to be more awake? I haven't tried it yet, but I noticed that 'regular' WILD (I'm WILDing by thinking of nonsensical syllables in order to keep myself awake) works better for me when I'm tired.

Gotta test this when I've got less busy days.

#70:  Author: gnargnar PostPosted: Mon 29 Aug, 2011
    ----
You can get this tinnitus from grinding your teeth (just thought it was intresting) tounge2

#71:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Mon 29 Aug, 2011
    ----
Samadhi wrote:
Do you think that this technique requires you to be more awake

Just like WILD you must stay aware. AWARENESS. and concentrate on it.
This sound induces dream freq. so its not only anchor, its best of all WILD meth.
If tired - you can combine it with WBTB. ^^

GnarGnar wrote:
You can get this tinnitus from grinding your teeth (just thought it was intresting) tounge2

Ya i know it. No, thats not it.

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Tue 30 Aug, 2011; edited 2 times in total

#72:  Author: gnargnar PostPosted: Mon 29 Aug, 2011
    ----
So I did a WBTB last night (more like just woke up hahaha) but anyway I got this buzzing noise in my ear (I've gotten it before) but this was extremely loud. Anyway I thought I would try this out and...

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

#73:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug, 2011
    ----
GnarGnar wrote:
I find it really hard to focus on it and try to amplify it. Just wondering how sucessful are people with this.?

Meh.... sadblauw You don't have to amplify it - it will do itself. You just have just to focus.
like any WILD you must maintain focus....just two things:
1) Hear that sound
2) Listen, Concentrate on it - not hard just listen and focus.
Its not too complicated. ^^

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Tue 30 Aug, 2011; edited 1 time in total

#74:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug, 2011
    ----
cheerfuldreamer wrote:

For me it's hard to concentrate when imagery appears.

#75:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug, 2011
    ----
Mew151 wrote:
cheerfuldreamer wrote:

For me it's hard to concentrate when imagery appears.
I cant help with this. sadblauw Its basicall for wild to maintain focus..
you must listen that sound passively just listen...trust me that is the supreme way.

#76:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug, 2011
    ----
Another post from Dreamviews

Yep and i have new tip for those who have problem to concentrate and not fall asleep.
Try to do the whole technique with open eyes.

#77:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug, 2011
    ----
How would keeping your eyes open help, other than preventing you from falling asleep? You still have to sleep to dream, WILD is about staying aware as you fall asleep and transition into the dream.

#78:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug, 2011
    ----
Rhewin wrote:
How would keeping your eyes open help, other than preventing you from falling asleep? You still have to sleep to dream, WILD is about staying aware as you fall asleep and transition into the dream.

Yes, yes i know... i just mean at the beginning, for better concentration.

#79:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug, 2011
    ----
Hmmm... I suppose that might work for some dreamers. It's something people should experiment with to see how it goes for them.

#80:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep, 2011
    ----
cheerfuldreamer wrote:
Yes, yes i know... i just mean at the beginning, for better concentration.

*Mew151 is going to try this.

#81:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep, 2011
    ----
Interesting article on ear sounds DING DING DING!!!

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Thu 01 Sep, 2011; edited 1 time in total

#82:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep, 2011
    ----
cheerfuldreamer wrote:
Interesting article on ear sounds

Where's the article? If it's interesting I'd love to read it smile

#83:  Author: Matteo PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep, 2011
    ----
Rhewin wrote:
cheerfuldreamer wrote:
Interesting article on ear sounds

Where's the article? If it's interesting I'd love to read it smile

Click on the emoticon. wink5

#84:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep, 2011
    ----
I knew that... I was just testing all of you >.>

#85:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Fri 02 Sep, 2011
    ----
Rhewin wrote:
I knew that... I was just testing all of you >.>

I know Rhewin wink
DING DING DING!!!

I hope this topic will not be moved to Beyond dreaming because of OBE. uhh

#86:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Sat 03 Sep, 2011
    ----
cheerfuldreamer wrote:
[I hope this topic will not be moved to Beyond dreaming because of OBE. uhh

No, the topic itself is about the WILD technique.
SP isn't in the Beyond Dreaming forum but it can be used to AP.

Anyways, back on topic. If anyone has trouble focusing on the ringing sound, try meditating before trying it. smile

#87:  Author: Dark Stranger PostPosted: Sat 03 Sep, 2011
    ----
[/quote]Mew151 wrote:
Anyways, back on topic. If anyone has trouble focusing on the ringing sound, try meditating before trying it. smile

Yes thats good ideal. When mind is cleaned, and the brain calmed, focusing is easy.

<mod>Stacked posts edited together Rhewin</mod>

It looks like this topic is slowly fading away...
All obedience and respect to the invicible master from wikibooks fho has again dissapeared...my master bow

Farewell... blauw and me....my first post was here...so the last.

#88:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Tue 06 Sep, 2011
    ----
I wouldn't say the topic is dieing, it's just a little quiet at the moment ^^

I've actually been having some good luck with it lately. It seems focusing on the tinnitus is helping me fall asleep a bit quicker.

#89:  Author: Amythest444 PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep, 2011
    ----
I have tinnitus every once in a while. And I did try it once. It didn't work for me.

#90:  Author: Baldok PostPosted: Mon 03 Oct, 2011
    ----
Interesting... Everytime that I go to sleep and it`s really quiet, I get annoyed by that sound...

Gonna try focusing on it and WILD turn3

LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com