Profile Problems
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
LD4all » Helpdesk

#1: Profile Problems Author: sno_isulli PostPosted: Sun 01 Jul, 2007
    ----
For the last few days, I've tried to change my signature. Upon pressing "submit", the page seems to freeze and if I wait long enough, I'll get an error message ("This program cannot display the webpage"). I'm having no other trouble with the forum, but could this be due to my connection? Any idea what might be causing this (my signature is only one line)?

Thanks. smile

#2:  Author: Mohegan PostPosted: Sun 01 Jul, 2007
    ----
What are you trying to put in your sig? It could be what you are trying to change it to.

I have changed my profile 3 times about an hour ago with no problems. eek2

#3:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Sun 01 Jul, 2007
    ----
well I changed mine tonight
avatar and rank and it took ages .... i stopped the page and submitted it again and it still laboured
but it did go through eventually

#4:  Author: sno_isulli PostPosted: Sun 01 Jul, 2007
    ----
Mohegan, I was just trying to change my sig to something shorter than it currently is.

At one point, I did try putting in a new code for color, but it didn't work even when I wasn't doing that, so I don't know what it is. I'll try it again, though, and see what happens.

And thanks, moogle, for checking. It doesn't seem like it's just a problem on my end.

#5:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Mon 02 Jul, 2007
    ----
maybe it's your ava?

i have upgraded the forum so it might have something to do with that... i see you have succeeded in changing it now sno.

#6:  Author: Mohegan PostPosted: Mon 02 Jul, 2007
    ----
I edited mine again earlier and it did take about 30seconds before it wanted to connect to the database to actually do anything.

#7:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Mon 02 Jul, 2007
    ----
i just tested and it was lightning fast.
But i have noticed that editing posts sometimes can take a while too before it comes through.

#8:  Author: Mohegan PostPosted: Mon 02 Jul, 2007
    ----
Still a little slow for me as of right now.

Although everything else about the forum is fast. Except opening the "edit profile" page, which also took a few seconds longer than the average page.

#9:  Author: sno_isulli PostPosted: Mon 02 Jul, 2007
    ----
It finally worked! I don't think it was my avatar, as it's been the same for several years, and it's within the limits.

Thanks for your guys' help. smile

#10: Can't edit profile Author: Sandra PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul, 2007
    ----
When I want to edit my profile it takes ages to load after I press submit and in the end I get an error page.

For the Dutch forum it also took ages to load but the second time I tried at least I could change it. I've tried it for the last couple of days a few times, but I can't seem to change anything.

#11:  Author: Wyrmfell PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul, 2007
    ----
I've had this same problem. It took me 3 tries just to update my signature, and I couldn't update my avatar whatsoever. I assumed it was just my browser's fault.

#12:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul, 2007
    ----
sno had the same problem ... http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25348

#13:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul, 2007
    ----
i don't understand why this sometimes happens.

#14:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul, 2007
    ----
Funniest thing is: if you change the forum language together with the other changes you want to make, it works, and the success notice loads pretty fast! lach1 I have no idea how I found this out, or why the hell it works: but try.

#15:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul, 2007
    ----
a plot to make us all multilingual? plotting

LD4all » Helpdesk

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 6
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com