No more Pantera?:(Like Metal or classic Rock?
LD4all » Lucid Lounge

#1: No more Pantera?:(Like Metal or classic Rock? Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2003
    ----
Just last night i went to the greatest club concerts ever. I like seeing good shows at small venues b/c you actually get a taste of the act. This show that i saw last night was incredible. The band that i saw is called Superjoint Ritual, people thought it was just a side band but the lead singer clarified some things on stage last night. The lead singer Phil Anselmo first comes out on stages and says,"Hi, this my stage so technically its your stage, so dont be afraid to come on up" so after hearing that you can only imagine what happened from my point of view. Ill tell you this, i remember seeing lots of feet and people diving into the crowd, even fat guys. Well one point of the show a fan decides to try to introduced the band(of course he got it wrong) but when he introduced them, he was telling what band they were from and once he said Phil from Pantera, Phil said nah, Im all done with that band. It seemed like the crowd was shocked (b/c everyone loves Pantera) but after that moment they talked shit about every band today (including how bad Metallica turned out) and said spread the word about Superjoint ritual b/c this is the new shit. At the time i was upset, but the thought didnt really sink in too much, because last nights show was probably the craziest show i ever seen since Pantera.

If your interested at all about the band or any type of metal shed some light on me.

All in all this show Ruled!

Last edited by Hubbs on Wed 12 Nov, 2003; edited 3 times in total

#2:  Author: OneWingedAngel PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2003
    ----
About 95% of what I hear is Metal, but I kinda dislike Pantera wink

I prefer a bit more underground metal, because these bands are usually better.. The less you hear about'em, the better they are siiw

Myself, I'm pretty much into swedish metal. They have awesome sound and beautiful lyrics. IMO, the best band in that area is Opeth, recommended! ^^

#3:  Author: fabi the underachiever PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2003
    ----
/self-righteous rant mode ON/

Right... erm and Opeth is underground? What the ***, I don't listen to metal at all, besides having friends who like cannibal corpse/sepultura/morbyd angel/dimmu borgir/cradle of filth and others I could not identify, but even I know of them... grin

While we're at it, have you heard of this really unconventional INDUSTRIAL band called Nine Inch Nails, dude? They are so underground, man... lachgroen grrr grrr

What the ***... THe less you hear about them, the better they are? That is utter bullshit.

There's nothing wrong with admitting you are listening to pop music. Say it loud and say it proud: 'I am listen to the pop-band Opeth.'

/rant mode OFF/

#4:  Author: Sleepy PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2003
    ----
Quote:
Right... erm and Opeth is underground? What the ***, I don't listen to metal at all, besides having friends who like cannibal corpse/sepultura/morbyd angel/dimmu borgir/cradle of filth and others I could not identify, but even I know of them...

You beat me too it mentioning Opeth, Everyone go find opeth music and listen to it NOW!!!!! You won't be sorry!!!

#5:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2003
    ----
OneWingedAngel
Quote:
About 95% of what I hear is Metal, but I kinda dislike Pantera

I prefer a bit more underground metal, because these bands are usually better.. The less you hear about'em, the better they are

fabi the underachiever
Quote:
What the ***... THe less you hear about them, the better they are? That is utter bullshit.

There's nothing wrong with admitting you are listening to pop music. Say it loud and say it proud: 'I am listen to the pop-band Opeth.'

I agree with Fabi, that is utter bullshit. But its funny how you bring up that point too, b/c the band really had no big promotion deals or anything during there whole career.

What is underground? Music that hasnt been given the full attention that it deserves? And when it gets the attention its mainstream??? Good music is good music

After i made this post yesterday and i went to the Pantera website, and I heard lots of interviews with Phil Anselmo and he was talking about his label is just trying to hype Pantera and Down and make as much money in the band. The thing is about these bands, there not about the pyro Tec nicks, no explosions, no paint, no stage themes, just music. this is a quote from the show " We get to the god damn point these days, non of that bullshit, your not gonna just sit there and watch me and sing and get your d*ck hard...nah F*ck that your here to go f*cking crazy!" The interviews are great, if your actually interested in this genre of music. He even talks about working with the guitarist from Black Sabbath TONY IOMMI.

Here are the links to the sites i was talking about
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mod e=Article&newsitemID=12289
and
http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~alfieii/pantera/ news.htm

Opeth was alright, i didnt download to much of it, any suggestions on songs?

Last edited by Hubbs on Thu 10 Jul, 2003; edited 1 time in total

#6:  Author: OneWingedAngel PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2003
    ----
Did I say that Opeth was underground? That wasn't what I was trying to imply lachgroen

#7:  Author: fabi the underachiever PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2003
    ----
Well, I am sorry if I sounded like an *** yesterday... But I feel quite passionate about integrity/things making sense and try to avoid hipocrisy and try to point it out when I think I see it.
And the way I see it, even the most evil pseudo-industrial/death metal/goth crap is in the end quite close to being mainstream pop-music when you take into consideration how similar the song structures are, but also the fact that the 'acolytes' of this supposedly 'unconventional' music often only want something to dance to, like their mainstream backstreet boys-fan or techno moron counterparts.
That's why I like to refer to a lot of music as 'dance music' just to piss people off and to show them that they are hypocrites... grin

That is not to say that I am perfect, or that you cannot listen to techno/the backstreet boys/staind/the cure/NIN... I just think you should be honest to yourself about the nature of that music and why you listen to it.

I hope I didn't come across as a self-righteous little ***... overspannen I just like to ramble. wink

#8:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2003
    ----
Nah, never your comments are great Fabi. Ruthless and final, thats how a strong mind lives in this world.

#9:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2003
    ----
Has anyone ever heard of New Found Power? Thats the other members of Pantera, seems like its gonna be another great band to look forward too(for my case), i think Zak Wylde is apart of it too.(Black Label Society/Ozzy)

O-yeah, lately i been to the [url]nin.com[/url], for a while now nothing on the site has been working, untill now smile .
Its nothing big or anything, but its a change, so i think NIN might release something new.(if intrested click on the right corner)

Other than that, i know the lead singer of STP(Stone Temple Pilots) is joing the old members of GNR(Guns and Roses) i think its called Reload, not sure yet,but im looking forward to that too. So if any of you people out there heard of anything new and special affecting the metal/rock music of today make a post, and shed some light.

Im a fiend towards new music bounce

#10:  Author: fabi the underachiever PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2003
    ----
Yeah, I know about nin.com. colgate I think they updated it last friday. ^^
Did you know that on one of those pages there is a hidden message? go to http://www.nin.com/halo/4.html .... then adjust the brightness of your monitor to REALLY bright... soon you should be able to make out a binary code (1's and 0's). If you translate those into ASCII it becomes a written text. grin

#11:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2003
    ----
Cant find the hidden message sadblauw, every computer i used wont go any brighter than it is neutral any other ideas? eh

#12:  Author: ginkgothian PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2003
    ----
Opeth=Best Band ever! :D

They're neither pop nor underground...but I don't care...they rock..they'll be my fav. Band forever cheesy A few years ago I thought the same about Slipknot though overspannen

If you like Opeth, try Novembre my second favourite band...or Agalloch or Katatonia.... alien

#13:  Author: fabi the underachiever PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2003
    ----
@ hubbs: make a screenshot and then play with the colors/brightness/contrast in photoshop or a similar program.

or maybe look at the source code of that particular website... the background pic (4.gif i think) is the message...

#14:  Author: ginkgothian PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2003
    ----
Oh, I just noticed where you come from fabi...I live in Hamburg too cheesy

/Spam

#15:  Author: fabi the underachiever PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2003
    ----
Athsome dude. We can like have a thweet gay LD meetup. wink
Where in Hamburg do you live?

#16:  Author: OneWingedAngel PostPosted: Sat 12 Jul, 2003
    ----
ginkgothian wrote:
Opeth=Best Band ever! :D

They're neither pop nor underground...but I don't care...they rock..they'll be my fav. Band forever cheesy A few years ago I thought the same about Slipknot though overspannen

If you like Opeth, try Novembre my second favourite band...or Agalloch or Katatonia.... alien

I listen to Katatonia too. They're pretty cool cheesy I have their 2nd album (Brave Murder Day), in which Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth is doing the vocals smile

#17:  Author: Chronos PostPosted: Sat 12 Jul, 2003
    ----
Anyone heard of "Sentenced"? If I mentioned there name Down Under, no-one would what im talking about. Anyway, just wondering what other people's opinion is about this band? I think they are awesome, but from what I can gather they are considered "Posers" and all those other nasty words in country's like Finland and stuff.

#18:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul, 2003
    ----
Never heard of them, i dont listen to foreign music. I feel left out overspannen

#19:  Author: Dream Monster PostPosted: Thu 17 Jul, 2003
    ----
You 'foreigners' should check out In Flames too if you havn't heard them before. That is a pop/mainstream-melodic death metal band if there ever was one!

And you were right about Opeth. Listening to some of their music right now. smile

#20:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Thu 17 Jul, 2003
    ----
Once again, does anybody recomend(know) any good songs from Opeth to download?? The couple i did download werent the greatest, so fill me in :D.

I give everything a chance ^^
Even Elevator music eek2

#21:  Author: OneWingedAngel PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2003
    ----
Hubbs wrote:
Once again, does anybody recomend(know) any good songs from Opeth to download?? The couple i did download werent the greatest, so fill me in :D.

I give everything a chance ^^
Even Elevator music eek2

Heh, I'm looking for elevator music myself ^^

Anyway.. some songs of Opeth:
Blackwater Park
The Drapery Falls
Bleak
Harvest
In My Time of Need
Moonlapse Vertigo

Have fun siiw

#22:  Author: ginkgothian PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2003
    ----
@fabi
I live in Schnelsen and you?

@Hubbs
That depends on your preferences in music. Generally I'd suggest anything of Blackwater Park because it seems the most accessible record for most people....

Download 'Bleak' from BWP

"Godheads lament" is also pretty cool..+"a fair judgment" from their second newest album deliverance...awwwww.....OPETH....

If you're on cable or DSL make sure to download "Black Rose Immortal2 from the Album "Morningrise" to get a feel for the old, raw Opeth....
If you like mellow music, download anything excapt "Weak" of "Damnation" ...it's basically progrock...they did it together with porcupine trees frontman Steve Wilson....it's amazing....

#23:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2003
    ----
Alrighty then, thanks ^^

Do any of you guys listen to American Metal?

#24:  Author: Chronos PostPosted: Sat 19 Jul, 2003
    ----
I don't really listen to any American stuff, just nothing I like has come out of there recently... but I like the old metal of course.
Hubbs you should check out a song called "New Age Messiah" by Sentenced, it sounds like 80's power metal, with screaming vocals, it's really cool siiw

#25:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sat 19 Jul, 2003
    ----
Sounds right up my alley, i'll download it smile Thanks for looking out there for a big manic for metal(Me).

#26:  Author: Dream Monster PostPosted: Mon 21 Jul, 2003
    ----
I have only listened to "My arm - your hearse" so far. Which album is the best one in your opinions? I have gotten used to d/l:ing full albums only. Usually all albums by one band at the same time. Thats what the university network is for afterall isn't it? grin

Sometimes it gets too much and you have to delete everything and just keep a few songs. But all of "My arm - your hearse" was worth keeping i think.

#27:  Author: ginkgothian PostPosted: Mon 21 Jul, 2003
    ----
All Opeth Albums are worth keeping, but I think it's pretty lame to download complete records...Quality music should be rewarded....moreover, the Opeth booklets add alot to the overall feel...they're sooooo cool....the last ones were done by Travis smith...they look absolutly beautiful......

But to answer your question...it depends on your taste in music. If you like a raw production and a, in a way, blackmetallish sound, go for Morningrise or Orchid...if you like classical death Metal, choose Deliverance....Blackwaterpark is a cool mix between heavy and mellow sounding...Still life is just beautiful but takes more time than Blackwater Park to access...Damnation is the "mellow" side of Deliverance..they did the album with Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree) and it's not really Metal, but worth a listen!!!

Well...just randomly choose an Album....you can't go wrong... ^^

#28:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Mon 21 Jul, 2003
    ----
This is a little backround in what i like in music, in all music(if your intrested, do tell as well)

Remember most of the bands im into are American, lets start with Soulfly, Pantera, Danzig, Slayer, Ministry, NIN, Superjoint Ritual, Down, Primus, Oysterhead, STP, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Chevelle, Red Hot Chili Peppers old bands too, like Sabbath, Doors, Zep, Police, Aerosmith this list is endless so ill stop here.

I likeheavy metal, but most heavy metal bands today sounds the same, or the band might sound great, but the lead singer sounds retarded. I like the little things, i guess thats my problem. Its hard to find a good heavy metal band these days look:

#29:  Author: Chronos PostPosted: Tue 22 Jul, 2003
    ----
Hey Hubbs, thanks for the heads up about Pantera, I checked them out and it floats my boat! ^^ They are something special compared to some acts now days.

What are peoples faviorate sub-genres? e.g. Classic Metal, Power Metal, Prog Metal, Speed/Trash, Death, Black, Doom, Gothic, Idustrial?
I go for Power, Speed, Black, Gothic and Idustrial. Death doesn't do it for me, I was turned away from it because of Mayhem... psychos overspannen
One more thing... RAMMSTEIN ARE GREAT!

#30:  Author: ginkgothian PostPosted: Tue 22 Jul, 2003
    ----
Isn't Mayhem Black Metal?
Death metal is cool....try dying fetus, decapitated, bloodbath....
My favourite Generes in Metal are:

progressive , gothic, death, doom (including so called "dark" "atmospheric" Metal), melodic death...BM if they don't have stupid "Warrrgh.....With my longsword I kill christians" lyrics....

#31:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sat 04 Oct, 2003
    ----
I have some tpye of story, others might be intrested in, but just remember you dont have to like metal to read it.
Quote:
The concert began receiving international attention when it was revealed there would be a “live suicide” carried out at the event by a terminally ill Euthanasia Society member.
This story is happening in Northern Florida, i heard it on the news Yesterday, look at the link its self explanatory 8D http://hellonearth.net/

Move over Dr. Death, Hell on Earth is here for your assiatance neutral Scary Stuff rolleyes

#32:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sat 04 Oct, 2003
    ----
I sthis normal in the World??? help!

#33:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sun 26 Oct, 2003
    ----
Howdy, its been a bit since i made anything on this htread, but im mainly here now to tell you. If you like Primus, and if you don't know about there new ablum by now click this user http://www.primussucks.com/index2.html
Thats what i've been hooked on lately, great ablum/dvd, they did'nt create a whole thing. BUT the career spanning dvd is well worth your purchase grin . The original 3 members are together again after 6years, and this is there best work yet. If your really intrested to hear any of it, just roam the site i gave, they have some mp3's you can listen to. I think the song Pilchers Squad is the only song you hear from start to finish .

Other than that, just listening to APC (A perfect Circle) check this link out if your intrested at all http://www.aperfectcircle.com Thats all i have from my music world, seeya later bye

#34:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov, 2003
    ----
Just lately i went to a great concert. I saw A Perfect Circle, for the 3rd time. They once again had a great performance; i think it was the best yet. The only bad thing, yet it was a good thing at the same time, it rained through out the whole concert. I like this band alot, because they arent to hooked on visuals or anything. They just play a great show, and a excellent set. I think this show was the best out of 3 because, they had alot of new and different songs they could of played, the 2nd show they played mostly everything from the first album, but alot of covers, because they needed to fill their time frame. The 1st time i saw them they had a real short set, like 30 minutes, so i missed about 25minutes of it, and saw the last song. It was kinda of weird though how the rained stoped when they played Weak and Powerless, but as the show progressed and grew harder, so did the rain. It was an odd coincidence and affect, because with this band, every song starts of slow, and grows bigger, louder, and better. If you have the chance to see this band, go for it! You might be missing out

#35:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Wed 31 Dec, 2003
    ----
I havent been on this thread in a bit of time, seems like about 2 months. Besides the fact i have another band i want to share if you havent heard of them yet. The name of the band is George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic. I never heard of any of there music, until the ride to Miami, it sounded funky and i had no idea what i was in for. The show started at midnight, and they had an opening act so i had some beers before i went. Im never to big on the opening acts, i like to use my time wisely.(get drunk!) We got to the show around 12:45-1 am, and the Parliament Funk just started jamming. Once they hit stage and got the crowd moving, it just brought a big smile to my face. The songs are very long, and they have lots of solos and great vibes. Funk is great, i never knew in what ways you can play that style of music. This band had alot of talent, and they performed over 3hours. The band was on till 5am, George Clinton shows up after the 3rd song or so, but these songs play out to be 20 minutes long or even longer. This band played so hard with all different instruments they sound as hard as metal, they switch as peaceful to classic rock(like Floyd), and as Funky as James Brown all at the same time. I never dance and head banged at a concert before, this is probably one of the most unique concerts i been to. I just wanted to get that off my chest ^^ . If you heard of this band or anything like it, shed some light. I think i found a new Genre of music that i really enjoy smile

#36:  Author: DJ Lucid PostPosted: Thu 01 Jan, 2004
    ----
I went to see Pantera on their Reinventing the Steel tour 2000 and it was the 1st proper gig I'd ever been to. I thought that it was excellent, it's a shame that I'm not gonna have a chance to see them again. I recently saw Machine Head and I saw Metallica for the 2nd time just before Christmas. Before I saw Metallica at Reading Festival in August I thought that Pantera were the heaviest band I'd ever heard - excluding styles like Cannibal Corpse etc. - but the sound that Metallica make is so good. Although I don't think Metallica's new stuff is so good, both times I've seen them they played mostly their old classics - and they have so many to choose from! I much prefer to go and listen to metal live though and wouldn't normally listen to it on CD.

#37:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sat 10 Jan, 2004
    ----
DJ Lucid wrote:
I went to see Pantera on their Reinventing the Steel tour 2000 and it was the 1st proper gig I'd ever been to. I thought that it was excellent, it's a shame that I'm not gonna have a chance to see them again. I recently saw Machine Head and I saw Metallica for the 2nd time just before Christmas. Before I saw Metallica at Reading Festival in August I thought that Pantera were the heaviest band I'd ever heard - excluding styles like Cannibal Corpse etc. - but the sound that Metallica make is so good. Although I don't think Metallica's new stuff is so good, both times I've seen them they played mostly their old classics - and they have so many to choose from! I much prefer to go and listen to metal live though and wouldn't normally listen to it on CD.

I also had the chance to go to that tour, (the last tour)Very great i saw them twice befor ethey completely broken up. Its a pitty that it happened, but im sure they'll have a reunion some day. I think the main reason why the leader singer seperated from the band, b/c he felt threaten towards the music world, and he didnt want to put him self out of business. In America, there isnt a lot of main metal or heavy metal anymore. All those groups are kinda of old, so Phil from Pantera figure to start other bands even harder and raw then Pantera. I honestly like Pantera better, but i like the idea of having new music, so i cant complain. Not only that but Superjoint Ritual is really good, if you can handle hardcore Metal. The first alum was great and not only that it was created over 10 years ago. Just recently i bought the new SuperJoint cd "A Lethal Dose of American Hatred" this ablum is inncreddible. Not only that, but the other half of Pantera is releasing another prject or band. I think it's something to look forward to in my case, b/c it has the drummer/guitarist of pantera.

Im not a big fan of Metallica to much, it never attracted my attention, i like some of there old songs, but its hard to say. I always liked Slayer better, i figure that's the band Metallica was trying to focus to be in there main stream career, now-a-days they just really suck overspannen (no offense)

Well im looking forward to seeing new product from these old bnands, Not only that but any NIN fans, i heard that the new Ablum Bleedthrough will be releasing soon, and its the most anticipated album of the year. I cant wait, i love NIN grin Thats about it, in my music world, feel free to comment, or share.

#38:  Author: fabi the underachiever PostPosted: Sat 10 Jan, 2004
    ----
I just really hope that NIN album won't suck. I am not really anticipating it anymore, so at least I won't feel disappointed when I don't like it. I will however feel blown away if it rocks, since my expectations are pretty much non-existant... ^^

#39:  Author: Neo PostPosted: Sun 11 Jan, 2004
    ----
Well I'm still exploring music. I do like Metal, but the only bands I know I like for sure so far are:

Metallica (Not their new crap, St. Anger doesnt even have any guitar solos! Kill em All, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets and maybe And Justice for All and the black album..)

System of a Down (Really good sound, I think. I like their first album the best as its the hardest, but the other two are okay.)

AC/DC (Still exploring them, but so far Back in Black kicks ***.)

EDIT: Any recommendations?

#40:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sun 11 Jan, 2004
    ----
fabi the underachiever wrote:
I just really hope that NIN album won't suck. I am not really anticipating it anymore, so at least I won't feel disappointed when I don't like it. I will however feel blown away if it rocks, since my expectations are pretty much non-existant... ^^

That's how it always is, with this band. I had no idea what to think about the Fragile. After i listen to the whole ablum inside and out, i loved it. its actually one of my favorites ablums wink . I still listen to the same ablum to this day :D . I have no idea what to think of this next one. I'm sure its gonna be promising grin

#41:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Fri 16 Jan, 2004
    ----
Neo wrote:
Well I'm still exploring music. I do like Metal, but the only bands I know I like for sure so far are:

Metallica (Not their new crap, St. Anger doesnt even have any guitar solos! Kill em All, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets and maybe And Justice for All and the black album..)

System of a Down (Really good sound, I think. I like their first album the best as its the hardest, but the other two are okay.)

AC/DC (Still exploring them, but so far Back in Black kicks ***.)

EDIT: Any recommendations?

I have some, but i m not sure what you like exactly. If you tend to like ACDC, I guess you might like other classic Rock. As in for metal, i dont listen to much of mainstream. Ever had the chance to listen to Tool? They start off slow(depends what album) and they progress into a real hard metal. Pantera is always great, its like the classic Rock of metal grin I've been listening to A Perfect Circle alot, Primus also. Superjoint has been on my plate for some time. But i've been slowing down a little listening to funky music, and slower music, for an example George Clinton and the Paliament Funkadelics. My friend Hulk just gave me a ton of new cds, there all underrated bands. Stuff like Clutch, Melvins, Underworld Soundtrack, Gov't Mule, TomaHawk, Prong, and alot of other ones. I havent had the chance to listen to all of them yet, but i had the chance to listen to some. I like the Underworld soundtrack alot wink , the producer of the ablum is apart of NIN. His name is Danny Lohner, he does alot for these bands, and he did create a great soundtrack. It even has David Bowie on it 8D , Skinny Puppy too for all those old industrial fans.

So lets see, if you like System of a Down, try listening to Primus, there fast, not as hard, but they can get hard. Sounds a tad strange at first, but after some time you'll discover this band has lots of talent.
If you never listen to Pantera, you should give them a chance, great hard music. I would recommend Slayer over Metallica, but that's just a preference, its hard to listen to Slayer. All they sing about is corruption, death, religion, all the bad things life has to offer, there such a great band. Metallica is like the clean version of them, i notice though that Saint Anger tend to sound like a little like Slayer, when all the guitars start blaring. Give those bands a chance, and if they dont work out, come back and i can recommend some more wink I listen to, to much music, and i Love it! ^^

#42:  Author: Neo PostPosted: Fri 16 Jan, 2004
    ----
Okay so thats:
Tool
Pantera
A Perfect Circle
Primus
Superjoint
George Clinton and the Paliament Funkadelics
Clutch
Melvins
Gov't Mule
TomaHawk
Prong
Slayer

*Runs off*
"To the the illegal downloading!"

#43:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Fri 16 Jan, 2004
    ----
Neo wrote:
Okay so thats:
Tool
Pantera
A Perfect Circle
Primus
Superjoint
George Clinton and the Paliament Funkadelics
Clutch
Melvins
Gov't Mule
TomaHawk
Prong

Slayer

*Runs off*
"To the the illegal downloading!"

That's a start if your opened for music grin , everything in Red, im not 100% sure, i havent listen to much of them. I just got about 15 cd's and there apart of them, i listened to some of it, it didnt seem bad, but im not sure if its a keeper or not overspannen smile Everything in blue, i give a fair share almost every day. I have alot of cd's so i can never decide, variety is the greatest spice in life wink Once you get a chance Neo to listen to them, tell me what you think.

#44:  Author: Neo PostPosted: Sat 17 Jan, 2004
    ----
Cant talk long, but I was just flipping through channels and I saw Sponge Bob but there was like a heavy guitar playing in the background! Then it said Musical Guest Pantera!!! Gotta go watch, be back when its over!

#45:  Author: Neo PostPosted: Sat 17 Jan, 2004
    ----
It wasn't as I expected, I thought that they would have Pantera accually in it, lol, but they just had the music, it did sound pretty good though!

#46:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan, 2004
    ----
Neo wrote:
Cant talk long, but I was just flipping through channels and I saw Sponge Bob but there was like a heavy guitar playing in the background! Then it said Musical Guest Pantera!!! Gotta go watch, be back when its over!

So what kind of music was it? I could never imagine cartoons playing hard metal

So how's the music going Neo??? smile

#47:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan, 2004
    ----
Errr, Double post grrr , i really thik we should have the option that sealife offers. Just in case of this mistake wink

#48:  Author: Neo PostPosted: Tue 20 Jan, 2004
    ----
Hubbs wrote:
Neo wrote:

So what kind of music was it? I could never imagine cartoons playing hard metal

So how's the music going Neo??? smile

They just used it in the extreme sports part, lol. Pretty good, I think I'm gonna DL more Pantera, the first 3 songs were totally not enough siiw

#49:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Tue 20 Jan, 2004
    ----
I understand, you could never have enough Well good luck, if you want any more songs just ask, i have several suggestions. Happy downloading grin

#50:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sat 31 Jan, 2004
    ----
Just lately i received alot of CDís, in total i got about 15 new cds and 12 albums. I didnt have many options to choose from but i did find a good selection. One band and cd that i got was the Alice and Chains hits, it has alot of good songs. The music is great, although the lyrics are really down and depressing. I think the lead singer died overspannen , yet I'm giving the music a chance now neutral Its good and I like it. I got Jimmy Page and Robert Plant playing old Led Zeppelin songs, i think there's a instrumental band playing too with them. It has some other songs i think they created i never heard them before. Also i got The Cars Anthology, it was good, it has 2 cd's. The first one was pretty good, the 2nd was ok to start then it went 80's. Superjoint is on the list also, great band. I think the best of all is the Black Sabbath colgate , I have an old album and a double cd live hits, good stuff. Im just happy to have new music, and thereís never enough. I demand more from this music world 8D

#51:  Author: DaturaSpectrum PostPosted: Sun 01 Feb, 2004
    ----
Metal is my music of choice, i love the old black sabbath and Alice Cooper
but there is music of all types that i like.

#52:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Mon 02 Feb, 2004
    ----
DaturaSpectrum wrote:
Metal is my music of choice, i love the old black sabbath and Alice Cooper
but there is music of all types that i like.

Cool, Metal is the way to go tumbsuplinkswitteduim . That's what the thread is here for, its here to tell and give an Idea of all the music you listen to. I love music so much i run out of material quickly, so i made this thread to find more bands that i never heard of. So feel free to tell me everything you listen to, im intrested grin

#53:  Author: Neo PostPosted: Tue 03 Feb, 2004
    ----
I'm currently exploring:
AC/DC- Got a bunch of their albums. My fried like 6 to me ^^ (Like I'd waste my own money!)
Pantera- Dont got no albums yet. I would but ya know. Money. cry
Iron Maiden- Same friend, but I only have Powerslave...

#54:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Wed 11 Feb, 2004
    ----
Get MOre PANTERA!(nEO)

#55:  Author: Metal Head PostPosted: Wed 11 Feb, 2004
    ----
whoa some of you like good metal. I didn't read the whole thread but someone mentioned New Found Power as a band...its an album from Damage Plan (Vinnie Paul and Dimebag Darrel from Pantera's new band).

Anyways I recomend some Iced Earth for you guys. Nothing form The
Glorious Burden their new album cause the new singer Tim sounds like dog shit compared to Barlow.

The bands I'm really into are;

DEATH METAL

Hate Eternal
Dying Fetus
Cannibal Corpse
Death (kinda thrash)
Morbid Angel
Immolation
Behemoth
Decapitated
Deicide
Lucifer
Cryptopsy
Gasoline Baptism
Opeth
Hypocrisy
Carcass
Exhumed
Vile
Vader
Nile
Obituary (my favorite)

BLACK METAL

Marduk
Mayhem (old stuff)
Burzum
Immortal
Darkthrone
Satyricon (old)
Graveland
Emperor

POWER METAL

Iron Maiden
Queensryche
Iced Earth (mixed with thrash)
Kamelot
Sonata Arctica
Symphony X

THRASH

OLD Metallica
old Megadeth
Testament
Anthrax
Kreator
Exodus

OTHER

Children of Bodom
Racer X
Lamb of God
Shadows Fall (older stuff)
Dimmu Borgir
Kalmah (like bodom)

I know I forgot a lot of band but thats what I listen to all the time. As you can see I'm really into Death Metal. Gets me in a good mood now matter how I'm feeling smile

#56:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Fri 20 Feb, 2004
    ----
Metal Head wrote:
whoa some of you like good metal. I didn't read the whole thread but someone mentioned New Found Power as a band...its an album from Damage Plan (Vinnie Paul and Dimebag Darrel from Pantera's new band).

Anyways I recomend some Iced Earth for you guys. Nothing form The
Glorious Burden their new album cause the new singer Tim sounds like dog shit compared to Barlow.

The bands I'm really into are;

DEATH METAL

Hate Eternal
Dying Fetus
Cannibal Corpse
Death (kinda thrash)
Morbid Angel
Immolation
Behemoth
Decapitated
Deicide
Lucifer
Cryptopsy
Gasoline Baptism
Opeth
Hypocrisy
Carcass
Exhumed
Vile
Vader
Nile
Obituary (my favorite)

BLACK METAL

Marduk
Mayhem (old stuff)
Burzum
Immortal
Darkthrone
Satyricon (old)
Graveland
Emperor

POWER METAL

Iron Maiden
Queensryche
Iced Earth (mixed with thrash)
Kamelot
Sonata Arctica
Symphony X

THRASH

OLD Metallica
old Megadeth
Testament
Anthrax
Kreator
Exodus

OTHER

Children of Bodom
Racer X
Lamb of God
Shadows Fall (older stuff)
Dimmu Borgir
Kalmah (like bodom)

I know I forgot a lot of band but thats what I listen to all the time. As you can see I'm really into Death Metal. Gets me in a good mood now matter how I'm feeling smile

Whoa that's alot on your list, you are really in the realm of great Metal. There's alot im not really familiar with and some a little to dark for me(I'm Picky eek2 ). Yeah, i found out later on that they changed the name to Damage Plan, and i also found out some other good news. I havent been going to Ozzfest lately in a couple of years, although this year looks kind of promising. Tomorrow is the official line up, and there's a lot of good bands that are rumored and already set on the line up. I'm not sure if everyone likes the same bands I like, but I'm just excited to see a band that i saw like last Summer in a night club in the city, and now they are touring out to a huge Stadium. Im glad i saw them on the personal level, ohh yeah, Im talking about SuperJoint Ritual, they where great live, and i have both ablums, love them both grin . Now about Damage Plan, they were also rumored to play on the tour. Look looking_anim.gif

Damageplan (Elektra) - This one's a tossup. It could either be Dimebag and Vinnie Paul's band to appear on Ozzfest 2004, or it could be Phil Anselmo's band, Superjoint Ritual, to appear on the Fest. There's no way in hell they'll be on the same bill, but both bands are well-suited for Ozzfest. Damageplan should have their new album, New Found Power, out by the beginning of 2004.

I have a link for them too, you can listen to them if you want, there ok, sounds little like Pantera with a new lead singer and bass player. Here's the Link: http://damageplan.com/

If they both were on the same tour, I think it would be F&*(%$g Awesome! Here's the link for the Ozzfest news http://ozzfest.qrow.com/index.php and by tomorrow this link will have the official line up (i think , that's what they said wink )
http://ozzfest.com/
They say Judas Priest will fill in for Ozzy (if he doesnt recover) I'm not to crazy for that, although i give everything a chance. Slayer is on the line up also, i would like to see them again 8D . Another new band rumored on the line up VeletRelvolver, im kind of interested in that. It's the lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots (Scott Wieland) and some members of GnR, Mainly Slash. This is what someone had to say:

Velvet Revolver (RCA) - They were interview by Rolling Stone and announced they were offered a spot on Ozzfest, though they did not say if they accepted it or not. I believe Velvet Revolver will say yes, the band sure wants to get out there and make a name for themselves, so Ozzfest may provide them the tools to do so.

There are some other bands that might interest you on the links, i've read in some forums people dont even like Ozzfest. It interested me, so here you go. :D

#57:  Author: Sezril PostPosted: Sat 21 Feb, 2004
    ----
Well, since we're listing what we listen to..

Dream Theater
Children Of Bodom
Jimi Hendrix
Iced Earth
Stratovarius
Porcupine Tree
Strapping Young Lad
Nasum
Rush
Amon Amarth
Throne Of Chaos
Iron Maiden
Alice In Chains

Mostly metal, with some classic rock and grunge.

#58:  Author: Neo PostPosted: Mon 23 Feb, 2004
    ----
Just got a bunch more music, but I haven't listened to it all..
Lots more AC/DC
Alice in Chains
Hendrix
Bit more Iron Maiden
Slayer
Pantera (Greatest Hits)
Led Zep
Pink Floyd
Korn (I was skeptic about this, still haven't given em a chance)
S.O.D.(Stormtroopers of Death)
Even White Zombie, but they look like sh*t.

I love copying CDs from my musically addicted friend grin

#59:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sun 29 Feb, 2004
    ----
Nice list Sezril wink Im not familiar with all of it, i noticed how they all fall under the same genre of sound. I never got into Iron Maiden, am I missing out?

Quote:
Just got a bunch more music, but I haven't listened to it all..
Lots more AC/DC
Alice in Chains
Hendrix
Bit more Iron Maiden
Slayer
Pantera (Greatest Hits)
Led Zep
Pink Floyd
Korn (I was skeptic about this, still haven't given em a chance)
S.O.D.(Stormtroopers of Death)
Even White Zombie, but they look like sh*t.

Alright, more music! ^^ I notice that ACDC is making an impact on you. I like everything on your list, except S.O.D. i never heard of them. Im not sure about Iron Maiden either, i never listened to them, i just like there album covers.

What albums did you get from Slayer, Floyd, Led, and Alice in Chains? Im kind of interested to know smile

I have so many Slayer albums, i love the band so much, but i dont listen to them as much as i used to(i never bought one album either). I saw them a couple of years back in a small club, and im going to see them again in August(Ozzfest!) Great band, great performers, there just great 8D

Korn, i can see why your being skeptic about them, they were ok at some point of there career, but after there 3rd album i disliked them. The first 2 albums were pretty hard and different; i liked it. Until i notice the lyrics and such, and now-a-days, im lost when it comes to that band.

I never bought any albums from White Zombie or Rob Zombie, they were cool, i like the style of there music. Although the bands not together anymore, there ok for its time

Anything from Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and Floyd to me, is Gold, i love it all! My favorite ablum from Flyod is Meddle or animals. Great music wink

Well , have fun listening to all of your new music. All im buying now is P-funk or anything from George Clinton(pretty much the same thing). It's my new phase, i'll be back later kiekeboe

#60:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Tue 09 Mar, 2004
    ----
Just lately I saw the greatest concert, this concert is in the top five of my time. I saw Primus! 8D Loved every minute of it wink , i was pissed that i missed the start of the show. They didnt have an opening band, so I didnt plan on going on time, as usally when i go to concerts(I like to tailgate ). The show was three hours though, and every song was great, I want to follow them sadblauw .

I'm going to Aerosmith again they come next month grin And Bowie is in May eek2 (I'm a fan)

Im just buying Parliament, Funkadelic, and George Clinton now, I want the Funk! grin

That's about it, wink I'll be around ^^ kiekeboe

#61:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sat 20 Mar, 2004
    ----
Ozzfest is actually looking good this year- metal fans

I actually wanna see 4 peformers, Slayer!, Superjoint Ritual!, Ozzy, and Slipknot.

It seemed like it got hardcore all over again whatsthat check it out
http://ozzfest.com/bands.html

SUPERJOINT RITUAL!!!!

#62:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sat 10 Apr, 2004
    ----
Loads of Bands are Touring, and some are playing without me even knowing it sadblauw I missed Superjoint Ritual, they had a small show just a little bit ago. I didnt know about it, otherwise i would of went. I went to Grand Funk Railroad instead. It was a good show, but it's no Superjoint ^^

I saw Aerosmith again, for the 4th time, and it gets better every time. I love this band, i love this band so much, i can say i like them better then Led Zeppelin, and i actually think there better. Loads of people would disagree, but that's just me. They just released a new album, it's a blues album, called Honking on BObo. It's s good, and they played some at the recent show. If you havent seen Aerosmith before, and you like them, i might have to say, your missing out. You must see this band! 8D bow2

I wanted to see Bowie, but i can't get seats, so i'm not going sadblauw , but A Perfect Circle is circling around back to Florida again, so I'm gonna take advantage of that again. Damn, after i think about it, that would be four times for this band also. Other then that, i have need more music. Give me your suggestions, i accept all ideas and bands. Not only that, i got my old computer back, that means, i can actually download your suggestions grin

Give me some suggestions, I'll be around kiekeboe

#63:  Author: Sezril PostPosted: Mon 12 Apr, 2004
    ----
Oh, some more stuff..

Gorerotted
Edge Of Sanity
Lykathea Aflame
Zyklon
Ephel Duath
Darkthrone
Vintersorg
Borknagar
Finntroll
Exhumed
Evergrey
Queensryche

I could go on and on.. tounge2

#64: Metal, I need Metal Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Thu 23 Sep, 2004
    ----
Howdy :D , concerts been short for me, i've been let down for Ozzfest, the Hurricane changed plans. So i missed one of the greatest metal concerts this year, o-well. Soulfly is this sunday wink and they play a great live show. It's been a little time since i visit this thread, and i have found another band that you might fight intresting. Actually i wanted to buy it but i had problems, it was pushed back, im not sure if anyone heard of it, so far everyone looked at me weird when i asked. The name is Colonel Claypool's Bucket Of Bernie Brains , I heard some samples of the ablum and it sounds great, and Im upset that i couldnt buy it yesterday. The members are Les Claypool,(big fan of clay)Brain, Bernie Worrell(P-funk), BucketHead. http://c2b3.com/ thats the link if your intrested to listening, go for it :D . Other than that, im looking forward to new music from Tool, NIN, and Primus. Im just being a little pushy, other than that, tell me what you like, im on the search for new metal grin

#65:  Author: Chronos PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep, 2004
    ----
I remember about a year ago in this topic I posted I disliked Death and Black metal, but alot can happen in a year and now I love Death and Black metal. Harray for me!

I don't like Rammstein anymore either... they where really just a stepping stone to greater metal. Now I have a greater understanding and mainly enjoy;

Mayhem
Marduk
Immortal
Manowar
Megadeth
Borknagar
Bathory
Celtic Frost
HammerFall
Iced Earth
Venom
Witchfinder General
Edge Of Sanity
Testament
Stratovarius
Napalm Death
At The Gates

Theres alot more but I can't remember most of them, those are just some that come to mind. BTW hello to all it's been along time!

#66:  Author: ginkgothian PostPosted: Sun 03 Oct, 2004
    ----
Ephel Duath is some crazy stuff...let me add enslaved & Ulver to your list, metal head...

#67:  Author: Mohegan PostPosted: Thu 09 Dec, 2004
    ----
former Pantera member Darrell Abbott was shot and killed after a gunman storms stage at a ohio nightclub.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nightclub.shooting/i ndex.html

#68:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Fri 10 Dec, 2004
    ----
sadblauw Just heard the news from my bro, very sad news. I'm very upset and not many words to describe it. Im not sure whats in store for the future, but i give my sympathy towards the victims and their family sadblauw

***Thanks for the link wink

#69:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sat 11 Dec, 2004
    ----
sadblauw Bad time for music, this actually makes me really sad sadblauw , here's a couple other links

http://damageplan.com

http://pantera.com/

#70:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Tue 15 Feb, 2005
    ----
Well, falling away from the bad times, try to transcend into good news, I just saw a recent update from the NIN website. Not only that it has a advertisement for their new album coming out May 3. It didnt give me goose bumps, but i will tell you im really freaking excited. This album is about 5-6 years from the Fragile, so im really looking forward to what they have to play. I have to say NIN is one of my favorite bands in music today, and i love catching up with all their news and rumors. so check it out http://nin.com/current/index.html
Other than that, im not sure what else is new in the Music world, i just know about this one project with Les Claypool, Danney Carrey, and another artist and a trio band, forgot the name I think it was side one or something i forgot. Still surfing the net and looking for the return of awesome music.

#71:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Fri 18 Mar, 2005
    ----
Im happy to say and send a link from a website to bring you the new NIN SONG! Listen to it, im not sheding any opinon kiekeboe
[url]
http://www.winamp.com/music/browse.php?mtype=M&genre= 6[/url]
Click that, and go to MUSIC (on the top), then click Hard Rock on the left side. Scroll down to the third band and click : Nine Inch Nails
Last updated: Mar 15th, 2005

The Hand That Feeds

Enjoy 8D

#72:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sun 20 Mar, 2005
    ----
Just clicked my old link on top of this page, and they have the new line up for Ozzfest 2005. Iron Maiden is the main event except Black Sabbath ofcourse. Here's the link
http://ozzfest.com/bands.html

Music Thrives, 2005!

P.s. Plus** Black Label Society*

#73:  Author: skeedlz PostPosted: Sun 20 Mar, 2005
    ----
sper joint ritual is good they had some black metal grind core going on. nice then they went southeen metal yippee. but pantera is one band i can never stop listening too they paved the way for soo much.

#74:  Author: Neo PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar, 2005
    ----
I forgot to post here about the Maiden news, but I'm so hyped about it, should be great :D

#75:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar, 2005
    ----
Neo wrote:
I forgot to post here about the Maiden news, but I'm so hyped about it, should be great :D

Sure, just leave me out of the loop

#76:  Author: Neo PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar, 2005
    ----
Hehehe, sorry tounge2

#77:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Tue 26 Apr, 2005
    ----
Just went to a great concert recently, about 6 days ago. Im sure i already told you about this band, but no harm telling you again. I saw George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, and Bernie Worrell the old keyboard player showed up. Like always the show was awesome, theyplay about 3-5 hours and no breaks inbetween. The concert i went to recently was probally the most different and coolest. They had everyone sing in the band, i mean everyone, i like the sax player, drummer, even Sir Nose sang, it was hiostory, They played so much music from Funk, to Dark funk, rap, hip hop, classic rock, trance rock, rock and roll, swing, metal, even blues, they have so much style it's the place to be. If you have a chance to see this band, if i were you i would take advantage of it and see them as much as possible. Lucky me though, they came to Florida 3 times in the last 2 years, I think they like us as much as we like them, well the concert went forever, they couldnt even end it.

#78:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Tue 03 May, 2005
    ----
Great News! yes yes yes

The New NIN ablum is out, and i like it. You could actually listen to it on the internet, for free grin . I like it, classic NIN, and towards the end of the ablum it gets really good wink

I've been waiting awhile for this, and i cant wait untill they tour down here, might go to 2 or 3 shows 8D

Here's a link if you want to listen to the new ablum
http://www.myspace.com/ninofficial
It's called with Teeth

Other than that, i saw Steve Miller Band this last weekend, and it was a great show. I can die a happy man, i never thought i would have a chance to see Steve, the last time they came was 8 years ago. They made my weekend ^^
P-Funk was really good, they have the craziest shows, so many songs, so many memories. IF you like funk or you like to dance you have to see that band, they just have so much soul.
Thats about it for music, more to come, fill me in also, i would appreciate any news or rumors towards music, seeya:)

#79:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sun 23 Apr, 2006
    ----
Wow, it's been about a year since i been to this thread. Well its reopened to talk about bands and the music scene. Alot is going on and im very excited to see all new albums release. Since this last NIN album i have been to 3 shows off the tour.

Loads of fun, and I am thinking of http://bonnaroo.com/2006/ only if my wallet agrees. Plus http://slayer.net/ is touring with Lamb of God, and Les Claypool is swinging by. The best news is this fall, yet May 2 is the release of the new Tool album. I heard it and its great, in the fall i believe they will tour East coast of America. Otherwise they are touring in Europe and some parts of the US. Loads of stuff thats in my interest, maybe you like the same.

The idea of this thread is to share what kind of bands you like between metal, hard rock, alternative, Classic Rock, Industrial, anything in the rock genre. Share the band, some songs that you like maybe even stories based of experience with the music. As you can see its pretty open to talk about anything; so shed some thoughts, opinions, and ideas. I'm all ears.

#80:  Author: DayLight PostPosted: Sun 23 Apr, 2006
    ----
Dosen't all that metal give you guys headaches?

Check out Aesop Rock.

#81:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sun 23 Apr, 2006
    ----
DayLight wrote:
Dosen't all that metal give you guys headaches?

Check out Aesop Rock.

Nah, i can actually sleep to heavy metal full volume. It brings a feeling of Zen. What's Aesop?

#82:  Author: skeedlz PostPosted: Sun 23 Apr, 2006
    ----
nope i study with death metal the technicality increases the focus of everythign around you and heals the stress and pain of headaches and revitalizes the body. IM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE IMAGES OF VIOLENCE ALBUM AND THE NEW GOATWHORE ALBUM.

#83:  Author: claytonthebrave PostPosted: Sun 23 Apr, 2006
    ----
its a shame about dime

#84:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Mon 24 Apr, 2006
    ----
claytonthebrave wrote:
its a shame about dime

Yeah, its sad and scary it just shows that this world does have a couple of nuts.

Anyone interested in the new Tool or the band at all?

#85:  Author: claytonthebrave PostPosted: Mon 24 Apr, 2006
    ----
Hubbs wrote:

Anyone interested in the new Tool or the band at all?

Count me out

#86:  Author: DayLight PostPosted: Mon 24 Apr, 2006
    ----
I'm not sure what his name means, but Aesop Rock is a rapper. I know many of you don't like rap, but download a song anyway. This rap is...different.

#87:  Author: Vagabondage PostPosted: Mon 24 Apr, 2006
    ----
I love heavy metal! Well... I mostly listen to power metal. That includes: Helloween, Edguy, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian, Angra, Stratovarius...

Yay! I'm going to see Helloween live in October :D

#88:  Author: omega3 PostPosted: Tue 25 Apr, 2006
    ----
skeedlz wrote:
nope i study with death metal the technicality increases the focus of everythign around you and heals the stress and pain of headaches and revitalizes the body.

It definitely reduces stress for me, also it's good for headaches and flu....and a must for finals. (for me yet again siiw )

DayLight wrote:
I'm not sure what his name means, but Aesop Rock is a rapper. I know many of you don't like rap, but download a song anyway. This rap is...different.

Also Aesop brings to mind Aesop's Fables, I might try listening to some of his work since I do like some rap.

#89:  Author: DayLight PostPosted: Tue 25 Apr, 2006
    ----
It's reeeaaaall trippy.

#90:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Fri 28 Apr, 2006
    ----
It's ok, i just heard a song, He really gets into depth. I thought it was interesting so i didnt turn it off. Some rap does that to me, although i can handle other artists.

#91:  Author: skeedlz PostPosted: Mon 08 May, 2006
    ----
MeZergy Helloween is awesome. So is everyother and you listed their. Power metal is awesome. I have to say that Super Joint Ritual when phil gets over grieving and recovering from Hurricane katrina that will crush cause its gonna have so much rage from DimeBag Darrells death. I really wanted to see damageplan they were going to come to austin sometime after that concert and then go home. But ughh that guy had to kill DimeBag. I have really been listening to King Diamond lately. Anyone ever hear of him?

when is helloween going on tour?

I wanted to see goatwhore but it falls on a wednesday and i cant see them. Yeah Death Metal and mercyful fate/King Diamond. is what i have been listening to.

#92:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Tue 06 Jun, 2006
    ----
skeedlz wrote:
MeZergy Helloween is awesome. So is everyother and you listed their. Power metal is awesome. I have to say that Super Joint Ritual when phil gets over grieving and recovering from Hurricane katrina that will crush cause its gonna have so much rage from DimeBag Darrells death. I really wanted to see damageplan they were going to come to austin sometime after that concert and then go home. But ughh that guy had to kill DimeBag. I have really been listening to King Diamond lately. Anyone ever hear of him?

when is helloween going on tour?

I wanted to see goatwhore but it falls on a wednesday and i cant see them. Yeah Death Metal and mercyful fate/King Diamond. is what i have been listening to.

Yeah, thats an idea with the recent tragedy, but Super Joint Ritual will be on Hiatus, i bleieve Down is out and about touring in Europe. I'm waiting for America's turn, i havent seen Down before. I seen Pantera twice, Superjoint once, but never seen Down, they never came down south Florida(only Orlando).http://www.down-nola.com/ Check it out. Tool has been my latest obesseion, its pretty good. Hard, trance, raw, and it's idea is a enigma that makes you wonder when you hear these lyrics. I can't wait till the tour, they put on a good show and im really looking forward to it. The visuals are just vivid and incredible, the artist does a very good job. He takes about pieces that he painted and combines them into two. Very hard to explain, you have to see it for yourself. I can find the real pictures, but concert photos would be a challenge.

Other than that, Les Claypool and Ministry is coming up soon, there both on the same weekend :D

#93:  Author: ferks PostPosted: Tue 06 Jun, 2006
    ----
Les Claypool is amazing. Have you heard Live Frogs 2

he covers the entire album Animals by Pink Floyd and it is just incredible.

Oysterhead is also a mighty fine replacement for phish. Its a three member jamband with Trey Anastasio(from Phish) Claypool, and Stewart Copeland(from the Police) the music is some strange combination of Phish and Primus and is just ridiculously fun to listen to.

#94:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Thu 08 Jun, 2006
    ----
ferks wrote:

Oysterhead is also a mighty fine replacement for phish. Its a three member jamband with Trey Anastasio(from Phish) Claypool, and Stewart Copeland(from the Police) the music is some strange combination of Phish and Primus and is just ridiculously fun to listen to.

Yeah, I'm happy you mentioned it. The band was called Les Claypool's Flying Frog Brigade, it was covers of Floyd and old stuff that Claypool has done in projects between Primus and even before. Covers from Sausage and Holy Macrel good stuff, and he created his first solo album and the band change within time and he's releasing his 2nd album soon and thats why im so lucky to see his tour. I love Primus, Oysterhead is awesome, i just want to go to Bonaroo Festival just to see Oysterhead. Other projects like Cornel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains is incredible aswell. Lets just say Claypool doesnt stop playing. So im getting my fair share before Primus ever returns.

Any Ministry fans? It's like Hard/heavy Industrial sort like NIN but more raw and rough.

#95:  Author: ferks PostPosted: Thu 08 Jun, 2006
    ----
Hubbs wrote:
ferks wrote:

Yeah, I'm happy you mentioned it. The band was called Les Claypool's Flying Frog Brigade, it was covers of Floyd and old stuff that Claypool has done in projects between Primus and even before. Covers from Sausage and Holy Macrel good stuff, and he created his first solo album and the band change within time and he's releasing his 2nd album soon and thats why im so lucky to see his tour. I love Primus, Oysterhead is awesome, i just want to go to Bonaroo Festival just to see Oysterhead. Other projects like Cornel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains is incredible aswell. Lets just say Claypool doesnt stop playing. So im getting my fair share before Primus ever returns.

Any Ministry fans? It's like Hard/heavy Industrial sort like NIN but more raw and rough.

Im going to Bonnaroo ^^

not just to see Oysterhead, but they are definatly one of the main reasons. Ill probably be seeing Claypool three times this summer and I am definatly excited, twice at the Roo for oysterhead and the frog brigade and once on his tour. This should be a very interesting summer. siiw

#96:  Author: skeedlz PostPosted: Thu 08 Jun, 2006
    ----
Anyone Ever hear venom or dissection or Celtic frost?
they are all bakc and hopefully tour soon. I pray for american tours cause that will just allow me to die.

#97:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Wed 28 Jun, 2006
    ----
skeedlz wrote:
Anyone Ever hear venom or dissection or Celtic frost?
they are all bakc and hopefully tour soon. I pray for american tours cause that will just allow me to die.

nope, They play alot of different things on Sirius, so I have my ears open. All i have to say now is that im caught in the music scene, 2006 has alot to offer:)

#98:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Mon 10 Jul, 2006
    ----
ferks wrote:
Hubbs wrote:
ferks wrote:

Im going to Bonnaroo ^^

not just to see Oysterhead, but they are definatly one of the main reasons. Ill probably be seeing Claypool three times this summer and I am definatly excited, twice at the Roo for oysterhead and the frog brigade and once on his tour. This should be a very interesting summer. siiw

This never happened unfortunately sadblauw I got a new truck instead, and I saw Claypool this weekend. smile

I need to update eek2

#99:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Tue 11 Jul, 2006
    ----
More Sad news for the Rock n' Roll world;

Linky

Syd Barret has died, he was one of the co-founders of Pink Floyd, story is on the link.

<mod>Gave the link a caption, it was stretching the page. oh maan</mod>

#100:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sat 22 Jul, 2006
    ----
Just a couple of photo's from the recent show's July 7th and 9th. First it was Claypool and then Ministry. The Revolting Cocks opened up for them, and it was pretty good. Here are 3 links;

Claypoolhttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/Hubbs4 25/LesClaypool7-7-06022.jpg

RevCo
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/Hubbs425/7-9-0 6005.jpg

Ministry
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/Hubbs425/7-9-0 6010.jpg

Ministry was awesome, new album is just insane and heavy. The pit was massive, my camera was taken away also, so I didnt get many pictures.

As in for new music, I wish Slayer would visit down south, they have a new album coming in a week. Between the Buried and Me is pretty good, Alaska is a good album. Just looking forward to see Tool, 10,000 days is in heavy rotation.

Any interest?

#101:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sun 06 Aug, 2006
    ----
Just chillin listening to chillin music.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have a new album out. It's a double cd, it's better than the last album "By The Way". The 2nd gets a little different between sound and style. Kind of paves out what kind of sound they are trying to bring to the scene. I like it, and beats the norm.

Steel Pulse, I just bought a cd kind of like the greatest hits. They are pretty good, its reggae in their own style. Usually it all sounds the same or like Bob Marley. This is original, I suggest listening to it. It really brings the Caribbean vibe, and makes you feel lazy wink

#102:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Sun 13 Aug, 2006
    ----
Slayer!!!

Christ's Illusion, the new album with all original band members since Seasons of the Abyss in 1991. This band has been together forever (25years)except drummer that has just rejoined and this new album is increddible. A straight forward album with 10 songs on and the theme of the album idea fits its time. Just waiting for a tour ^^

I'll say 2006 is a great year for music

#103:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Tue 26 Sep, 2006
    ----
Tool!

Its my latest obsession, the reason why I post this, is based off this years tour. Anyone experience 10,000 days yet?? I would like to hear some feedback, I have 2 weeks, fill me in smile

#104:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Thu 12 Oct, 2006
    ----
The best vacation ever! Tool was the greatest, although play much longer set and have much more props down south. Either way it kicked ***!

Here's a pic for now untill I update completely ^^

Tool 10 - 7 - 06 New York

#105:  Author: Eldwinn PostPosted: Mon 06 Nov, 2006
    ----
who is pantera? i heard they were a reaaalllyy bad wanna be rock band besided metal is horrible overspannen

Last edited by Eldwinn on Tue 14 Nov, 2006; edited 1 time in total

#106:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Tue 07 Nov, 2006
    ----
Eldwinn wrote:
who is pantera? i heard they were a reaaalllyy bad wanna be rock band

You have to be kidding me, because they are completely opposite of what you said. They started in the late 80's and was together till 2000. Hard metal with the front man Phil Anselmo that loves to push the envelope. Including not having the media to help, they played strong and tour, tour, and toured.

Listen to Rise and tell me if they are a wanna be rock band. Just for your own opinion if you don't mind wink

#107:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Fri 17 Nov, 2006
    ----
Another year has passed and this year had alot to offer and I'm happy with every band that came to Florida. It's really unlike all bands that tour come down to my parts, it's expensive for them come down south. So I just wanted to share what I've seen this year, maybe you can shed some light or share a story as well. I like music and I'm all for it!

Langerado, Sunrise,FL - Perpetual Groove 3-10-06 something new and I would go see again

Global Gathering, Miami, FL- Uberzone (live)Really cool, The Crystal Method (Dj set)not impressed Avenged Sevenfold (not my taste) Rob Zombie (improved over time) NIN (The sh*t) 3-18-06

NIN, Pensacola, FL - Awesome show, worth following 3-20-06

Les Claypool, Ft. Lauderdale, FL- Claypool is a god 7-7-06

Ministry & Revolting Cocks, Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Rev Co was interesting and Ministry was insane 7-9-06

Tool, Newark, New Jersey - General admission is chairs up north sadblauw, good performance 10-6-06

Tool, Long Island, New York - Same deal with General Admission, but had the greatest time
10-07-06

I'll say when Tool comes down south they really push the envelope, so I can't wait until they come back to the US. Especially Florida. Rumor is 2007 they'll be back, on top of alot other bands that I love. I already know Slayer is coming, maybe Primus. NIN said they are going back on tour, I'm looking forward to 2007.

Hit me up also on some new music, I'm always open for new bands

#108:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov, 2006
    ----
Anyone heard of Eagles of Death Metal??

Always open for new music, thats the latest for me. I know they are touring with GnR

#109:  Author: Medical Waste PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov, 2006
    ----
I have heard them, very dissapointing as I like death metal, and they're just a rock band!

#110:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov, 2006
    ----
Eagles of Death Metal

I'm guessing its a like if the Eagles played death metal, not death metal as the one of the breads of metal.

To be honest The Eagles arent my favorite band, but I gained interest from this band from Queens of the Stone Age. The lead singer plays drums in Eagles. Just a fun factor siiw

#111:  Author: Petter PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov, 2006
    ----
Eagles is a really great band (not the metal one, the original one;) )

THeir songs ar ejust os .,. brilliant, hotel california grin

My opinion

#112:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov, 2006
    ----
Petter wrote:
Eagles is a really great band (not the metal one, the original one;) )

THeir songs ar ejust os .,. brilliant, hotel california grin

My opinion

I'm like the dude in this case, I can't stand the Eagles help!

Maybe one song I'll pass by, "life in the fast lane"

#113:  Author: Hubbs PostPosted: Wed 06 Dec, 2006
    ----
After time I realize the 1st album is titled;
Life, peace, death, metal

Sort of funny if you bring some thought

LD4all » Lucid Lounge

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com