LD4all Quest 68: July: Twist the Elements!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
LD4all » Lucid Adventures

#1: LD4all Quest 68: July: Twist the Elements! Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 26 Jun, 2011
    ----
LD4all Quest 68: July: Twist the Elements!

Each month, on LD4all Lucid Dreamers Unite we have a new Quest to explore your LD's in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

LD4all Quest 68 Suggested by: Rhewin

Twist the Elements

We all know that the rules of physics don't apply in dreams, and the same is true for the elements. In this month's Quest, you're going to use these elements in ways you could never hope to in real life! Walk on water, swim in the earth, drink some fire or eat the sky! The only limit to what you can do is in your imagination!

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Become lucid wink
  • Pick what element you'd like to twist: earth, fire, wind or water
  • Do something with this element normally not possible in real life
  • Optional: Try to use all four of the elements in unusual ways
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Q will only give wings if you feel you have been successful in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

pasQuale will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• Set your mind for this Quest
  • Decide what specifically you would like to do (water walking, fire eating, etc.)
  • Picture yourself doing it
  • Imagine what it would feel like to do it

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic smile

last but not least: have fun everyone! Happy lucids! Rhewin

#2:  Author: freecie1 PostPosted: Fri 01 Jul, 2011
    ----
Cool!
There is a typo in the title, though: It says 69 rather than 68.
Anyway, this looks cool.
Though lately my lucid dreams are short, and I can't do much, not even fly, the first thing I've ever done.
I'll try, though.
^^

#3:  Author: Paulius PostPosted: Sat 02 Jul, 2011
    ----
I haven't been LD'ing for a few months now, but I got interested in it again. I'll take this challenge, and if I succeed, I'll post the results. Cheers! *Takes a cup of molten lava and drinks it up* tounge2

#4:  Author: Bird PostPosted: Mon 04 Jul, 2011
    ----
Challange accepted!

#5:  Author: BeRightBack PostPosted: Mon 04 Jul, 2011
    ----
Challenge completed. smile Last night I managed to C-WILD (first time) after a short wake from an alarm. I tried counted back from 150 but lost track around 130 and after about a minute, I felt myself sliding out of my bed (same as I experienced with chaining a couple of times) and knew I was dreaming.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

#6:  Author: Zentaro PostPosted: Fri 08 Jul, 2011
    ----
Become the avatar, the last air bender! thats what this reminded me of. This is one of my goals already, im going to try it.

#7: Nibbling on some clouds. Author: alexisdreaming PostPosted: Sat 09 Jul, 2011
    ----
This is my first post but I figured I might as well start right into it. This isn't a dream I had in response to the quest but rather one I had a couple months ago. In my dream I am at my parents house and my mom is telling me how I have to send a thank you letter to some aunt (or other older female), suddenly it hits me that I am lucid (since I live in an apartment in Olympia since I've been in school), and I run outside to try to fly. I run and jump forward, bellyflopping on the ground the first time, but the second time gain air and rise into the clouds (this whole time my mom keeps shouting at me, with me responding from the sky). In the clouds I decide to take out a chunk and try a bite. The cloud tastes like cold cotton candy, almost like a slushy consistency but more light and airy. It is delicious and I decide to take more down to the ground to snack on. It sits in my hand like a lump of white fluff and I'm able to take pieces off of it to nibble on smile .

#8:  Author: W!zzFx LD PostPosted: Sat 09 Jul, 2011
    ----
I dont really understand what i do here i think i say "Formally and willingly i Accept this noble quest" my goal is to walk on fire like atop the flame

((did i do it right?))

#9:  Author: Maddie PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul, 2011
    ----
I remembered this quest as my dream became lucid last night.

I was at my mum's house, so I turned her front garden into a lake, but it dried up as I got close to it, so I went looking for some other water. I jumped into a deep river and swam around underwater, looking for something to light a fire with. Some wooden paintbrushes appeared, so I thought, "they'll do". I rubbed them together and lit a fire underwater.

#10:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul, 2011
    ----
W!zzFx LD wrote:
I dont really understand what i do here i think i say "Formally and willingly i Accept this noble quest" my goal is to walk on fire like atop the flame

((did i do it right?))

Hey W!zzFX LD, you don't need to formally accept a Quest (although I like how you did that colgate ) You can just go ahead and attempt it in your LD, and then post relevant dreams here. If you feel you have completed the Quest then also don't forget to mention that specifically colgate

( things along the lines of YAY! I did it )

#11:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul, 2011
    ----
Lighting a fire underwater definately counts as twisting the elements, congrats, Maddie!

#12:  Author: Bird PostPosted: Sat 16 Jul, 2011
    ----
I twisted the quest! ..started eating dirt and it wasn't pleasant!

yes, I felt very stupid afterwards shy2

#13:  Author: Nilas PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul, 2011
    ----
I.. I do believe I did it. Not entirely sure, so I would prefer if others would 'judge' (no hard feelings wink ).

#14:  Author: BeRightBack PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul, 2011
    ----
Bird wrote:
I twisted the quest! ..started eating dirt and it wasn't pleasant!

yes, I felt very stupid afterwards shy2

Hehe I tried that once as well, when I wanted to see how stuff tasted in a LD and couldn't find anything to eat. It sure tasted just like sand and dirt, lol

#15:  Author: BeRightBack PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul, 2011
    ----
I addition to my previous attempt (creating an ice bridge in mid air and gliding on it) I've given it another twist during a lucid dream last night. I still find it hard to think clearly during a LD and thinking outside the box for this task even harder, but anyway this was the best I could come up with this LD :

I had some doubts about having completed the task on my previous attempt, but together with this 2nd try, I feel confident I actually did it. grin

LD4all » Lucid Adventures

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com