Can't stabilise dream
LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

#1: Can't stabilise dream Author: MyKeyboardIsAngry PostPosted: Sat 20 Jul, 2013
    ----
i touched on this on another post but ill make it a main point now:
i havent had many LDs but when i do they are always layer 1 and hazy. so i try to stabilise them and hopefully get a layer 3 or 4. in my 3rd LD i remember becoming lucid in my room and then trying the "staring at hands" and "moving really fast" stabilisers but the dream nearly slipped back to normal until i woke up.
in the LD i had this morning (my 5th! thumbs ) i noticed tons of weird things in my room and realised i must be dreaming (after my annoying subconscious arguing "no you aint!") and i sat on my bed doing a few reality checks and had about ten fingers on one hand and i pulled my finger and it grew about twenty cm. ANYWAY i felt the dream slipping into a ND so i tried one of the stabilisers i havent tried yet: "demanding for clarity" it didnt work. the dream changed and i wasnt lucid (but the rest of my dreams last night were very interesting . . . ^^
anyone have any ideas? i know that the more LDs you have the more stable they will become but i dont want to wait for the next bunch of LDs to collapse before finally getting a stable one on my 37th or whatever. does it matter how lucid you are before you stabilise or should it work anyway??

#2:  Author: wappenpost PostPosted: Sun 21 Jul, 2013
    ----
Hey,

From what I've read, touching something stable in the dreamworld could help, like a wall or a chair. Helped aswell for me once.

#3:  Author: OgbeDi PostPosted: Mon 22 Jul, 2013
    ----
I agree... I had two (!!) last night for the first time after a long dry spell, and these were the longest I had ever maintained. The key for me was to look around me and focus on things there in the dream. It also seemed to help that I was consciously not following the "plot" - I was just looking around and interacting with my environment.

If there is any printed material there, look at it - printed stuff looks so bizarre it will help reinforce "hey you're dreaming buddy" :D

Hope this helps!

#4:  Author: MyKeyboardIsAngry PostPosted: Tue 23 Jul, 2013
    ----
ok yeah ill try that. all of my LDs so far have been in my house and i have tons of printed things in my room . . . ill try to get there before the dream collapses next time! but im also going under a dry spell its been like that for maybe 2 weeks and ive noticed in the past few days its gotten so bad my DR is fading. maybe ill start up my DJ again smile

#5:  Author: MyKeyboardIsAngry PostPosted: Tue 23 Jul, 2013
    ----
Oh one more thing: do you have to actually yell for clarity in your dream or can you just think it? im pretty sure i just thought about it in my last LD

#6:  Author: OgbeDi PostPosted: Wed 24 Jul, 2013
    ----
Funny thing about that... I couldn't speak clearly in either of the LDs I had night before last. eh

I finally managed to whisper some words to DCs, but then just proceeded by thinking the words at them and it worked. Next LD, I have some suggestions to try if it reappears.

Robert Waggoner recommends shouting it out loud in his Lucid Dreaming book, if that helps...

#7:  Author: MyKeyboardIsAngry PostPosted: Wed 24 Jul, 2013
    ----
OgbeDi wrote:

Robert Waggoner recommends shouting it out loud in his Lucid Dreaming book, if that helps...

ok that might explain something. next time i have a LD i am going to remember that

LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com