LC 64 - Winner: Obliverum
LD4all » Lucid Adventures

#1: LC 64 - Winner: Obliverum Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 01 Mar, 2019
    ----
Previous Challenges
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Introduction
Welcome, everyone, to the Lucidity Challenge 64!!

The purpose of the Lucidity Challenge (LC) in its current form is to serve as a motivator for good lucid dream practices, to create an atmosphere of both competition and cooperation, to create a challenge for lucid dreamers of all levels, and to provide fun to all participants. I hope that everybody gets to experience all of these while participating!

I imagine most everyone is familiar with the LC, but for those who might not be here's a few pieces of important information about the contest:

The LC is a, usually, 4-5 week test of lucid dreaming skills and general dreaming abilities. A Task Master, that's me, provides various challenges or "tasks" to competitors, that's you, each week. Competitors then aim to complete those tasks in dreams and report their successes here in order to gain points.

A Dream Journal is not required, but is highly recommended. Keeping a DJ helps one with their dream recall and lucidity as well as provides the Task Master (and others) with a way to learn more about the interesting dreams you have! You can claim tasks without submitting a Dream Journal entry, if you'd like, but I will not be able to point out any potential task claims that you may have overlooked if you do!

I believe that it is the responsibility of the Task Master to read the DJ entries of the contestants, but it is equally the responsibility of the contestants to supply DJ entries. I will not go and look through everyone's DJ for dreams eligible, but I will read all dream entries posted or linked in this thread. (Please enclose entries posted in this thread in spoiler tags.)

Logistics
LC 64 signups are, as of now, officially open! You may sign up by quoting the latest signup post below and adding your name to the list. I have posted the blank template below so that the first person may do so easily.

LC 64 will have 4 tasks and be 4 weeks long. It will begin the first Friday morning that we have 10 participants signed up or on Friday, March 15th. Whichever comes first.

Tasks and updates shall be posted Friday mornings at 0900 Eastern Time. This should give most folks half a day or so to prep for the big weekend dreams. Likewise, the competition shall end at this time four weeks from its start date, but 24 hours shall be provided for last minute claims.

Scores can be tracked here, at this Google Docs Spreadsheet.

Scoring
The scoring of this LC shall be different and slightly simplified compared to previous LCs. Several scoring options have been removed and the points in general have been scaled down.

As usual, lucid dream lengths are subjective and based on personal bests. If you have not had any lucid dreams before participating in this challenge please consider any lucid dream length of less than a minute to be short, greater than a minute but less than three minutes to be medium, and greater than three minutes to be long.

Point Summary

Additionally, advanced LDers / naturals may find the tasks too easy and there a lack of competition. In order to curb this, several optional handicaps are available to choose from. Please mention in your signup post if you wish to take a handicap, and remember there is no pressure to do so!

Summary of Handicaps

List of Participants
  1. James_UK2008 - Shapeshift into a Lizardman - No Handicaps
  2. Mew151 - Say goodbye to the resilient fox - No Handicaps
  3. GenghisKhan - Ask A. to help me with a personal matter - Handicap: no lucid points from WILD. DILD max points = short LD
  4. Koal44- Meet my baby and see his face - No Handicaps
  5. Majah - Meet plant(s) - No Handicaps
  6. Susan_Y - See a musical instrument - No handicaps
  7. Eilatan - Find a Good Man - No Handicaps
  8. Rhewin - win the ancient Lucid dual against Xan - No Handicaps
  9. obliverum - do healing magic - no handicaps

Quick Links
  1. Task 1: Willpower Warmup
  2. Task 2: Breaking Physics
  3. Task 3: Metamorphosis
  4. Task 4: Suit Up
  5. Winner Announcement

Questions? Comments? Concerns?
Feel free to bring them up with me in PM and I will address them accordingly!

And with that, let's get started! :D

... raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens ...

Last edited by Cornelia Xaos on Sat 13 Apr, 2019; edited 12 times in total

#2: LC 64 - Signup Template Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 01 Mar, 2019
    ----
LC 64 - Signups (Name - Personal Goal - Handicaps)
  1. Cornelia Xaos - Find and Chat with Cardia Again - No Handicaps

And feel free to talk about whatever you'd like to here! Also, whoever is FIRST please remove me from the list of participants.

... brown paper packages tied up with strings
these are a few of my favorite things ...

#3: Re: LC 64 - Signup Template Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Fri 01 Mar, 2019
    ----

Hopefully I do better this time. My dream recall last time was pretty awful.

Last edited by james_uk2008 on Sat 02 Mar, 2019; edited 1 time in total

#4:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sat 02 Mar, 2019
    ----
"Whichever comes first" that's an interesting rule change. We've had difficulty getting enough signups recently, so we might end up starting with fewerpeople. I think it's a good idea. Thete's a risk more people will drop out if the start is delayed too long.

P.S. thanks for agreeing to host this one!

#5:  Author: Majah PostPosted: Sat 02 Mar, 2019
    ----
Cornelia Xaos wrote:
Each subtask has a certain point value ascribed to it, all of which are even numbers. Please note whether or not you were lucid when you completed a subtask as subtasks completed while not lucid are worth half as many points as those completed while lucid.

smart rechterduim omhoog met knipoog

Very nice LC 64 will start soon!
Pondering my personal goal... nervous

#6:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sat 02 Mar, 2019
    ----
i definitely also intend to join! must ponder my goal too.

#7:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sun 03 Mar, 2019
    ----
Susan_Y: Yea.. I was trying to figure out a way to keep the ball rolling as fast as possible with the LCs. It'd be nice to not have 2-3 month intermissions anymore. I'm kinda hoping the short signup period would encourage people to join a little faster than normal, but we may end up starting with less than 10 people, sadly. People are still free to join after the competition has began, though!

Majah: Just trying out something new. Maybe I felt a bit guilty about getting so many points in NLDs.

Obliverum: I'm excited for everyone to participate! :D

#8:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Tue 05 Mar, 2019
    ----

#9:  Author: GenghisKhan PostPosted: Wed 06 Mar, 2019
    ----
So nice taking part in a LC again smile

GenghisKhan - Ask A. to help me with a personal matter - Handicap: no lucid points from WILD. DILD max points = short LD

I am struggling with a specific personal matter in real life
A is directly involved in this and I wish to attempt relieving some stress by asking her help during an LD
I am very curious on how this can affect my waking life

I keep the DILD points to a minimum to motivate myself in recognizing the dream state

#10:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Thu 07 Mar, 2019
    ----
  3. GenghisKhan - Ask A. to help me with a personal matter - Handicap: no lucid points from WILD. DILD max points = short LD

Welcome aboard, GenghisKhan! Just be sure to let me know which lucids you want counted so I can add them to the scoreboard as needed. wink5 Also, to the next person to signup, please quote this message so you can get the full list above!

#11:  Author: Koal44 PostPosted: Fri 08 Mar, 2019
    ----

I only had 1 LD since the last LC so I hope it will get better smile
I m taking a similar Personal Goal as in the last LC as I didn t see the face clearly and didn't feel good about it.

#12:  Author: Majah PostPosted: Fri 08 Mar, 2019
    ----

#13:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Mon 11 Mar, 2019
    ----
Welcome, Koal and Majah! I've been without internet for a few days so I haven't been able to respond here.

Reminder to everyone else that the LC starts this Friday! Make sure you sign up before then to be able to have maximum amount of time to work on tasks. wink5

#14:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Tue 12 Mar, 2019
    ----

I'l try and play some music too, but I'll consider it a success if I just do the first step of acquiring a musical instrument.

I'm going to be bit busy this month, so I'm probably going to achieve fewer tasks than last time.

Last edited by Susan_Y on Wed 13 Mar, 2019; edited 1 time in total

#15:  Author: GenghisKhan PostPosted: Tue 12 Mar, 2019
    ----
Cornelia Xaos wrote:
Welcome aboard, GenghisKhan! Just be sure to let me know which lucids you want counted so I can add them to the scoreboard as needed. wink5 Also, to the next person to signup, please quote this message so you can get the full list above!

Oops sorry for not quoting the full list grin
Take as default no Lucid Points for me, I will take care to claim Lucid Points if it's the case

#16:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar, 2019
    ----
*Eilatan runs in mirror

I swear, I didn't forget!!!!

Anyway, I'm here now! kiekeboe

In the interest of clarity, my goal refers to seeing 11th Doctor, not any of the others. My dreams have been woefully empty of doctor sightings since the last LC, so I'm hoping to find him again. ^^

#17:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar, 2019
    ----
Rhewin Oh, just 11? I'll see what I can do. I'm sure 2 has seen him somewhere. That is assuming our gracious host will let me in to this LC.

if so, In the meantime... I will win the lucid dual with Xander once and for all!

Eilatan wrote:
*Eilatan runs in mirror

I swear, I didn't forget!!!!

Anyway, I'm here now! kiekeboe

In the interest of clarity, my goal refers to seeing 11th Doctor, not any of the others. My dreams have been woefully empty of doctor sightings since the last LC, so I'm hoping to find him again. ^^

#18:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar, 2019
    ----
Oh my goodness, a wild Rhewin has appeared! I almost feel like I've spotted a legendary Pokemon!! tounge2 Welcome aboard!

And don't worry, Eilatan. You made it in time so that's all that matters.

The LC starts tomorrow, everyone!! ... And I should probably get the score sheet done up. XD

#19:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar, 2019
    ----
i didnt forget either! really looking forward to starting tomorrow smile

9. obliverum - do healing magic - no handicaps

#20:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 15 Mar, 2019
    ----
Welcome aboard, Obliverum! And there's still plenty of time for signups!

#21: LC 64 - Task 1: Willpower Warmup Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 15 Mar, 2019
    ----
Task 1: Willpower Warmup
Alright everyone! It's time to stretch those dreaming muscles a little bit! We'll start with something a little simple, something a little easy to get your dream control warmed up. It's time for some willpower exercises!

A little disclaimer before the actual subtasks. To claim points for these you must not use any aide in the dream to accomplish them. Specific examples of what wouldn't count are provided alongside the subtask descriptions, though these are not all-inclusive. As a consequence of this task being quite narrow, there's not much room for creative execution.. but surprise me if you can! If you have a question about if something falls under the umbrella of "willpower" feel free to ask. And, without further ado, here are the subtasks for this week:

• Float / Hover (4 Points)
    Float or hover around over the ground, perhaps very high in the air! This is different from "flying" in the sense that you are not zooming around very fast!
    Using wings or some kind of machine to do this would not count.

• Conjuration (4 Points)
    Summon an item out of thin air. I.e. make something you need or want just appear. Could be something mundane like a pencil, or something more extravagant like a truck.
    The name is a bit misleading.. using magic doesn't count. (Don't do an incantation or wave a wand, otherwise they're kinda indistinguishable. ) Also.. no Starship replicators or reaching in a "bag of holding" and pulling out what you needed. I will allow "Hammer-space", however, as it literally is pulling something from thin air. wink5

• Transmutation (4 Points)
    Will something to change form! For the old-fashioned, turn lead into gold. Or, maybe shapeshift some DCs!
    Just like Conjuration, no magic implements to aide you. Also.. no transformation potions or the ilk for helping make things change shape.

• Adjust Lighting (4 Points)
    A common thing I tend to do in dreams is make it day or brighten things up. Use some willpower to light things up! Or.. make things darker if you dare!
    Obviously, flicking a lightswitch would not count. Likewise, I'm looking for a large scale "ambience" change so summoning a ball of light, while interesting, isn't really what I'm looking for.

• Teleport Somewhere (4 Points)
    Or, better yet.. teleport that somewhere to you! Basically, change your location in the dream simply by willing it to change! Images of WritersCube stepping into the "Grey" come to mind. wink5
    Teleportation machines or walking through portals don't count. Spinning is a little on the fence, but I'll count it if it is indeed a new location and not the same location slightly changed.

... what's that? ... a rumble in the distance?
... ...
oh no.. it's the return of the extended task!!!

Extended Task: A Maiden in Peril
and before anyone gets on me about cliches..

Alright everyone! This LC will have an Extended Task! The Extended Task will be composed of three Parts. Each participant has to unlock their own Arc by completing the outlined objective. Each Part will be worth a specific amount of points regardless of which "variant" a participant completes. Part 2 will be released on and after the start of Week 2's tasks to those participants who have completed Part 1. Part 3 will be similar to that of Part 2, but matching up with Week 3's tasks.

To clarify, if you complete Part 1 before Week 2 of the LC has begun you will have to wait until Week 2 to receive Part 2, but if you complete Part 1 after Week 2 has started you will be given Part 2 immediately! Week 4 does not have its own part and is there to offer a small buffer of time to finish all of the Extended Task.

Now that that is out of the way, Part 1 is the most important! This is because Parts 2 and 3 are based on which Part 1 option you complete. Options are first come first serve! The first LC Participant to do an option, in a Normal or Lucid dream, and post here claiming it shall be assigned that Arc. So if you see a particular path that you'd like be sure to do it quickly before it's gone!

And now, the scene: Cornelia's in danger! or.. just needs your help.. or is waiting for you to find her.. or something.. Your task is to receive a message from her in a dream asking you for your aid or, perhaps, to complete a quest for her. Below are the different ways you may begin your journey.

Part 1 of the Extended Task is worth 8 Points (4 Points in an NLD).

Have fun! And remember.. you have to believe to achieve!
meditate meditate meditate

... cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles ...

Last edited by Cornelia Xaos on Fri 22 Mar, 2019; edited 1 time in total

#22:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sat 16 Mar, 2019
    ----
Had 2 NDs here this morning. No tasks. Came close to attaining lucidity in the 2nd one though... neutral

#23:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sat 16 Mar, 2019
    ----
I think some of the literary/film references in the extended tasks went right over my head. (Though they make sense as tasks even if you don't recognize the work they're based on). Some of them might be genre tropes rather than more specific references, I guess.

Spoiler tags for the ones I recognized:

#24:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sat 16 Mar, 2019
    ----
a couple nds last night, but i completed the hover task in an nd! i started from flying very fast and then managed to stop and hover high up in midair. in the dream i was very impressed with myself, despite not once questioning whether i might be dreaming heres the dj entry.

i went to sleep with the intention of completing this task and im glad it managed to bring some flying and fun to the beginning of my dreams before other worries took over.

claimed tasks:
nd hover - 2 pts

edit: i missed a good opportunity to ignore the dream plot and look for Cornelia (or Corneluna?) when i was on the train... i already had harry potter influencing my dreams so this would have been the perfect entry to the maiden in peril quest! if im getting the reference right smile

#25:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sun 17 Mar, 2019
    ----
James_UK2008: Nice job on that almost lucid! You'll get it next time!

Susan_Y: Heheh.. I'm not going to confirm or deny anything, but I will say this: 2 / 3. wink5

Obliverum: Way to go on scoring the first points of the LC! Sounds like your incubation game is on point. wink5 And, if it helps, you can call me "Corneluna" for your extend task attempt.

Everyone: Also, I feel I should note it here, if you claim a task as having been done in an NLD for half points and later do it again in a lucid you may upgrade your claim to the full points! So even if you've done some tasks in an NLD you may reclaim to receive full marks should you do them again in an LD!

Scores have been updated.

#26:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 17 Mar, 2019
    ----
No recall for last night; no points.

#27:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 17 Mar, 2019
    ----
@obliverum: missed opportunity for a Harry Potter/Source Code crossover there colgate

#28:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sun 17 Mar, 2019
    ----
Cornelia Xaos wrote:
Obliverum: Way to go on scoring the first points of the LC!

thanks! im coming back for the rest of my hover points in an ld, just you wait siiw

one boring nd last night. i havent had an ld in a while because my sleep has been a mess, heres a good excuse to fix that! yes

Susan: i havent seen source code but maybe ill watch it for inspiration. maybe ill do a double feature with harry potter grin

#29:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar, 2019
    ----
Had 2 NDs here this morning. No tasks.

#30:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar, 2019
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I am at a party.

Am I right in thinking we don't get dream journal points for this challenge? If so, I'll only link in this thread the entries where I get tasks done.

Last edited by Susan_Y on Mon 08 Apr, 2019; edited 1 time in total

#31:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar, 2019
    ----
Susan_Y: That would be correct! But I'll still read all entries posted here so, if you'd like, feel free to continue to do so. smile

Everyone: The week's almost halfway up, y'all! Let's see some task completions!

#32:  Author: GenghisKhan PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar, 2019
    ----
Catch-up posts - Several NDs, one FA with some OBE feel to it LINK

No points to claim

#33:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar, 2019
    ----
Whew, my dream recall is rusty.

One short lucid dream with no tasks or other things worth mentioning.

In a FLD, I teleported myself from being underwater to a white void. I was hovering in the void, but as there was no ground I'm not sure it really counts. Don't really remember a lot of other details

#34:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar, 2019
    ----
i had a short lucid dream this morning with a failed attempt at completing the current wings quest. it was interesting!

claimed points:
short ld - 2 pts

#35:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Wed 20 Mar, 2019
    ----
GhenghisKhan: I noticed in your DJ, right at the end, you had "the doubt it's not real". This would qualify you for "Wondering if you were Dreaming" points.. but I am correct that you don't want those? Only for DILD LDs?

Rhewin: Any recall is good recall! Also, it's like a muscle.. you gotta work it out. Finally, teleporting from underwater to a white void is still teleporting! So points there. And while I want to give you hover points.. it's hard to say if you were hovering since that generally requires that other point of reference. (i.e. the ground ) It sounds more like you were floating in space, which definitely would not count.. so maybe next time!

Obliverum: That Poem almost reads like a DnD action. "[My character] accept(s) and distract(s) (the) flawless mimic." tounge1 It looks to me like you did the quest! You may have not read the poem in its entirety, but you did read one. Good luck on your next attempt!

Everyone: Scores have been updated.

#36:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Wed 20 Mar, 2019
    ----
Cornelia: i couldve claimed quest points but what would be the fun in that? siiw i want the rest of that poem!

just a short nd last night with no tasks, though there were harry potter books in it. they are really taking over wizard

#37:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Thu 21 Mar, 2019
    ----
im not sure i got all the details quite right for it to count, but i think i completed part 1 of a maiden in peril on the hogwarts express in a lucid dream! only with a plot twist i didnt see coming... ill be curious to see what you make of it smile

claimed points:
medium ld - 3 pts
extended task - 8 pts (?)

#38:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Thu 21 Mar, 2019
    ----
Obliverum: I've awarded you points for the LD. As for the extended task.. did you "Speak to her and ask her what's on her mind."? I know you spoke to First Luna (who actually sounds like she might look like IWL me) and then you briefly interacted with Second Luna. I'll award you points if:

• You believe one (or both?) of them was me.
  • You spoke "to her and ask[ed] her what's on her mind."

#39:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Fri 22 Mar, 2019
    ----
i definitely thought first luna was you when i spoke to her, and probably asked her what was up since that was my intention... but i admit to losing all recollection of our dialogue once second luna surprised us by showing up! then i was confused and didnt know who was who. im bad at remembering dialogue at the best of times. maybe real luna had something to say about Corneluna trying to replace her tounge2

i dont mind foregoing the points if it doesnt count, im more concerned about continuing the story with the follow up tasks grin

#40:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Fri 22 Mar, 2019
    ----
Obliverum wrote:
im not sure i got all the details quite right for it to count, but i think i completed part 1 of a maiden in peril on the hogwarts express in a lucid dream! only with a plot twist i didnt see coming... ill be curious to see what you make of it smile

lach2 I love this! Your incubation of Corneluna definitely sounds like her.

Here's hoping you get to pursue the storyline!

#41:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 22 Mar, 2019
    ----
Obliverum: I didn't really need details from the conversation.. just needed to know that you had a conversation somewhat along those lines with someone you thought was me.. so I'll give you points! Congratulations on being the first participant to do a part of the Extended Task! You'll get Part 2 in, like, 45 minutes when the next task goes up.

Eilatan: The resemblance is uncanny, no?

#42: LC 64 - Task 2: Breaking Physics Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 22 Mar, 2019
    ----
Task 2: Breaking Physics
And now, on to task twooooo! There will be far more avenues of completion for this task (and future ones) and for creativity points! So.. go all out, and surprise me!

The task: mess with physics! Dreams tend to mirror waking life.. at least a little.. but they aren't constrained by the rules of physical reality.. so why not usurp your expectations and do something impossible? Here's some ideas to get you started (and also get you points this week wink5 ):

• Mess with Gravity (4 Points)
    Specifically, I'm talking about changing gravity from something "standard". So.. for example, if you're in a house.. walk on the walls or ceiling! Maybe mess with point gravity? Could be fun!

• Impossible Geometry (6 Points)
    I'm thinking something along the lines of MC Escher's work or the Penrose Stairs. Basically, your task is to create / explore some impossible geometry. It can be any example of impossible geometry you'd like, so if you have something in mind feel free to pursue that!

• Matrix Jumping / Falling (2 Points)
    Specifcally, "The Jump Program." Do some super jumps.. and fall! One of my favorite things to do in LDs is to fall from extremely high heights and bounce harmlessly. (This one isn't really physics based.. so.. it's only worth 2 points. )

• The Free-Standing Door (6 Points)
    Find a free-standing door or something shaped like it. Look through one side and see one location.. and look through the other and see a different location. Be sure to write down the different locations you see!

A Maiden in Peril: Part 2
There's been a completion for Part 1! You can find the second task prompts below for all completions. Part 2 is worth 12 points!

And for everyone who hasn't completed Part 1 yet, all Part 2 reveals will happen immediately after any Part 1 completions from this point on. Good luck!

Now go out there and make Richard Feynman mad!

... wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

#43:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sat 23 Mar, 2019
    ----
yay i have a secret spy mission! :D

i had another lucid dream last night, before the new tasks were posted. i did do some teleportation but with the aid of a side-along apparition partner, so im not claiming that.

but i did read a poem and complete the current wings quest! heres the dj entry.

claimed points:
short ld: 2 pts
wings quest: 10 pts

i am having fun grin

i have to get up extra early the next few days so i dont know if my lucid chances are very high, but hopefully well see some other folks logging some tasks smile

#44:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sat 23 Mar, 2019
    ----
Had 1 LD here which I feel was a short one. No tasks

#45:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sat 23 Mar, 2019
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I float in the air. I'll claim the points for the floating task.

#46:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 24 Mar, 2019
    ----
Non-lucid dream on a riverboat through a canyon. I think this isn't close enough to any of the extended tasks to be worth points. (It didn't look like the river Nile in Egypt, for example - more like Arizona or California).

Last edited by Susan_Y on Mon 08 Apr, 2019; edited 2 times in total

#47:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Mon 25 Mar, 2019
    ----
Obliverum: Congratulations! Yea, I can't give you points for teleporting, but the quest has been done! Remember to post in the topic if you haven't already! wink5 Also, your poem sounds like it's from the game Valley.

James_UK2008: Congratulations on your lucid. I've marked you down for the points!

Susan_Y: And congratulations on your task completion! And, yea, in order to claim the Egypt extended task you'd have to be sure you were in Egypt.

Everyone: Sorry for being absent.. I didn't have internet for a day and was unable to get in to update everything. I'm back, though! Scores have been updated!

#48:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Mon 25 Mar, 2019
    ----
After comparing it to some online photographs, the canyon was more like the Pacific Northwest, for example Lake Whatcom in Washington State. In any case, it wasn't Egypt, so no points.

#49:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Tue 26 Mar, 2019
    ----
Just 1 ND here this morning. No tasks.

#50:  Author: Koal44 PostPosted: Tue 26 Mar, 2019
    ----
I am back to play smile
Claiming points for
1 Short LD Last night
My Personal Goal last week, though I wasn't Lucid...

Dream Journal

#51:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Tue 26 Mar, 2019
    ----
Koal44: Congratulations and welcome back!

Everyone: Scores are updated!

#52:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Tue 26 Mar, 2019
    ----
I've just realised that, given what happens in the last The Last Battle, its possible to write a Narnia/Source Code crossover. (This comment inspired by Obliverum's Harry Potter dream).

#53:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Wed 27 Mar, 2019
    ----
i still need to watch this source code movie smile

last night i had a semi-lucid dream that im not going to count, and also a short lucid dream where i went to find corneluna! no task progress though.

i have never continued a story in a lucid dream before, or had recurring characters, which is one of the things motivating me to try it out with the extended task. so even though the dream was short and uneventful, it was a first for me! grin

claimed points:
short ld: 2pts

#54:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Thu 28 Mar, 2019
    ----
Susan_Y: Now I'm interested in this strange "Source Code" movie.

Obliverum: Yay! I'm so glad you're tackling the extended task. It's making me quite happy that I get to help weave this narrative. ^^

Everyone: Scores have been updated!

#55:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Thu 28 Mar, 2019
    ----
Movie trailer if you haven't seen it. The scriptwriters were clearly influenced by lucid dreaming experiences...

#56:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 29 Mar, 2019
    ----
Susan_Y: OH. It's that movie. I haven't seen it but I recall wanting to see it.

#57: LC 64 - Task 3: Metamorphosis Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 29 Mar, 2019
    ----
Task 3: Metamorphosis
And so we arrive at our regularly scheduled transformation task. No LC would be complete without such a staple of lucid dreams. And so it's time to do some shapeshifting!

The task: change some shape! The caveat? I have specific types in mind and you won't get points for changing shape, no. You'll get points for using your new form! It's not enough to just look different. You have to use whatever new form you take on somehow.

• Prehensile Tail (2 Points)
    Grow a Prehensile Tail and use it to grasp something. Since tails are very common in Lucid transformations this task is only worth 2 points.

• Scorpion Sting (4 Points)
    Grow a Metasoma, i.e. a Scorpion "Tail" and use the telson ("stinger") to strike at something, injecting venom!

• Crab "Claws" (4 Points)
    Grow a Chela and use it to pinch or snap at something! If you like Pokemon maybe try being a Krabby.

• Merfolk (4 Points)
    Grow a Caudal Fin in place of your legs and use it to swim faster in water.

• A Homely Web(6 Points)
    Grow a Spinneret and use it in one of two ways: build a web for catching prey or use it to build a cocoon for yourself. I'd be especially interested in any arachnid transformations and how having eight legs might feel.

• Shapeless Monster! (8 Points)
    Turn into a formless, non-humanoid monster of the grotesque or eldritch variety. I'm thinking either the Cronenbergs of Rick and Morty or any variety of eldritch creature like the Shoggoth from the wonderful mind of H. P. Lovecraft. Use your new form to horrify some DCs! Be the boogeyman you were always afraid of! This is a high-scoring task due to how difficult it should be.

A Maiden in Peril: Part 3
As of this moment, there hasn't been a Part 2 completion. You can find the third task prompts below for all future Part 2 completions. Part 3 is worth 16 points!

And for everyone who hasn't completed Part 2 yet, all Part 3 reveals will happen immediately after any Part 2 completions from this point on. Good luck!

Every shape and shade is simply beautiful.. and you are too! grin

... girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes ...

#58:  Author: GenghisKhan PostPosted: Fri 29 Mar, 2019
    ----
Cornelia Xaos wrote:
GhenghisKhan: I noticed in your DJ, right at the end, you had "the doubt it's not real". This would qualify you for "Wondering if you were Dreaming" points.. but I am correct that you don't want those? Only for DILD LDs?

Thanks Cornelia, however I don't claim points because I differentiate between "wondering if it's real" and specifically "wondering if it's a dream", which ultimately leads to LD
Sometimes I rationalize "not real" with video-games (or movies), so I cannot attain lucidity, e.g. it happened few days ago

New entries
Still no claim unfortunately

#59:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Fri 29 Mar, 2019
    ----
i had a very short ld where i started to go looking for corneluna again, but it was so short i dont want to count it! next time ill take a handicap to not count short lds because im tired of all of mine being too short to do anything! cry i did have to wake up though

#60:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Fri 29 Mar, 2019
    ----
Had 1 ND here this morning. No tasks.

#61:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sat 30 Mar, 2019
    ----
GenghisKhan: You'll get it the next night!

Obliverum: I'm really glad how hard you're trying for the extended task. Sorry I've been so elusive in your dreams.

James_UK2008: That dream was almost predictive of the next task!

Everyone: No score updates to report.

#62:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sun 31 Mar, 2019
    ----
Cornelia - OMG premonition lol.

Had 3 NDs here this morning. No tasks.

#63:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 31 Mar, 2019
    ----
Lucid dream, short duration (1 minute) in which I levitate. No other tasks done. I'll claim the points for the lucid dream and for redoing the levitation task while lucid.

#64:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 31 Mar, 2019
    ----
Been incubating it since Task 2 and finally got a dream with the TARDIS Rhewin. Not only bigger on the inside, but in the dream I explored corridors that impossibly loop back in on each other. For example, I exited the control room, took a right, walked down a long hallway, jumped down a hole in the ground to a lower level, took a left, and arrived at the same door I exited. I believe this qualifies as impossible geometry.

Nothing lucid to report.

#65:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sun 31 Mar, 2019
    ----
Rhewin: that tardis dream sounds cool! :D

last night i had an ld that was all of 2 seconds long before i woke up, so i wont count it. but this challenge certainly is inspiring me to get lucid more!

#66:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Mon 01 Apr, 2019
    ----
Susan_Y: Congratulations on your lucid and going back to get the lucid points for that task!

Rhewin: When I designed the task the TARDIS briefly came to mind. I'm glad someone managed to pull it off!

Obliverum: Yay for lucidity! :D

#67:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Tue 02 Apr, 2019
    ----

#68:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Tue 02 Apr, 2019
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I explore a desert planet. Not Egypt (though it was starting to look like it) and no Cornelia, so no tasks done.

#69:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Wed 03 Apr, 2019
    ----
Had 4 Nds here this morning. No tasks (I think)

#70:  Author: GenghisKhan PostPosted: Wed 03 Apr, 2019
    ----
Latest DJ entry
LINK

Two NDs plus one DILD - I'd like to claim short LD points for properly recognizing I am dreaming
In the LD I get very close to my personal goal, but I do not feel like I achieved it, so not claiming points for that

#71:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Wed 03 Apr, 2019
    ----
Sadly I'm too busy to jump into this LC, but I'm enjoying following along; lots of magical and otherworldly dreams, lots of points, just my cup of tea, and Rhewin's back! Keep up the good work everyone!

#72:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Wed 03 Apr, 2019
    ----
James_UK2008: I read your dreams when you post them. Sadly, yea. No tasks.. but you almost came close with the werewolf one! If you had a prehensile tail, though.

GenghisKhan: Noted! I've added your points for your LD. smile

DeRuyter001: Aww.. Hope you're not too too busy. Are you still posting journals? * Cornelia goes to peek.

#73:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Thu 04 Apr, 2019
    ----
Had 1 ND here this morning. No tasks. Werewolves again though?! wink5

#74:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Thu 04 Apr, 2019
    ----
James_UK2008: What a fun dream! Now you should use your shapeshifting werewolf powers to do Task 3.

#75: LC 64 - Task 4: Suit Up Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 05 Apr, 2019
    ----
Task 4: Suit Up
And now for the final task of the LC. As previously mentioned, dreams are fantastical and unbound by the rules of waking life reality, and so impossibly advanced technology is at your fingertips! It's time to get your very own suit of Power Armor!

The task: acquire a suit of Power Armor and take it out for a spin. Use its various functions and utilities to fight enemies, block powerful attacks, explore, and investigate!

• Suit Up (2 Points)
    Acquire a suit of Power Armor. The suit should cover most, if not all of your entire body. This task is only worth 2 points because all of the following subtasks require that you have a suit of armor equipped.

• Use an Attack Module (4 Points)
    Use your suit of armor to attack something. Maybe you have a deployable sword? Or shoulder-mounted plasma cannons! Missiles? A "rocket" punch?

• Use a Defense Module (4 Points)
    Use your suit to block some kind of attack. Hand-in-hand with the above, maybe you have a deployable shield? Force fields.. flares to distract incoming missiles. Whatever you can think of as long as it serves a "defensive" purpose.

• Use a Mobility Module (4 Points)
    Use a facet of your armor to move around easier. Power thrusters like Iron Man, or grapple beams or the morph ball like Samus Aran. Anything that helps you move around the environment more efficiently than just walking, running, or "single-jumping". A thruster used to acquire a second, mid-air jump would count!

• Use a Utility Module (4 Points)
    Use a utility function of your armor. Perhaps you have scanning visors to acquire more information about your environment? A giant, arm-mounted drill for excavation? Welding and other repair tools for working on megastructures? Almost any advanced functionality that doesn't fit the other three categories would likely meet this one's requirement.

• Defeat a Big Bad End Guy (2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 Points)
    Fight a big boss of some kind using your armor! You don't have to win, merely fight the enemy in more than just passing. Maybe a large arena battle with spectators watching. It can be any kind of enemy you'd like but should have that "boss" feeling. Goons and grunts won't count! Additionally, your score for this task will be based on how many different types of the modules mentioned above that you use during the fight! Fighting a boss and not using any (i.e. walking around doing nothing) will only net you two points. Using attack and mobility modules will net you 6! While using Attack, Defense, Mobility, and Utility will gain you 10 points! (And also points for all the other subtasks listed above!) So go take down some big baddies!

This is the final task of the LC! It will run until next Friday, the 12th, at 0900 EDT. From that point you will have 24 hours to submit any last-minute claims (Saturday, the 13th, at 0900 EDT). Final scores and the winner will be announced on the 14th at the same time! Good luck!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
~ Arthur C. Clarke

... silver white winters that melt into springs

#76:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sat 06 Apr, 2019
    ----
oh my, only a week left already! id better get a move on finding corneluna smile

#77:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sat 06 Apr, 2019
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I climb a tower in a castle.

No Cornelia, but is this enough for the castle extended task? (i'm not having much sucess with this LC)

#78:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sun 07 Apr, 2019
    ----
Obliverum: Doo eet!

Susan_Y: Were you searching / looking for something? If so, I'll count it. (It doesn't have to be for me even though the task says it should be. I'll be lenient.) I could tell more if you wrote up your dream.

Last edited by Cornelia Xaos on Sun 07 Apr, 2019; edited 1 time in total

#79:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 07 Apr, 2019
    ----
Lucid dream (medium duration) in which I attempt (but fail) the conjuration task.

No task points, I think, but I'll claim the points for the lucid dream.

Last edited by Susan_Y on Mon 08 Apr, 2019; edited 2 times in total

#80:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sun 07 Apr, 2019
    ----
another ld too short to count last night with another short failed attempt at the extended task.

#81:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sun 07 Apr, 2019
    ----
Susan_Y: I've added the points for your medium LD.. but you never answered my question about your castle dream.

Obliverum: Heh.. I've been a cat before in dreams.. maybe that was me?!? Though, nowadays.. it's more fox than cat.

#82:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Mon 08 Apr, 2019
    ----
I think my dream of the castle doesn't count for the extended task.

#83:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Mon 08 Apr, 2019
    ----
oh no, next time ill follow the cat! that would make more sense, since my sister is definitely not a cat person.

uhhh i only just realized right this moment that in my last failed corneluna attempt i was also following a person who turned into a cat and that made me lucid, but i ignored the cat and tried to find you elsewhere and it didnt work... i cant believe i didn't even notice both my recent attempts at the task had that in common! i wouldnt have noticed it if you didnt bring it up. thats what comes of remembering your dreams when youve only just woken up and are all groggy about it and then moving on to busy work days after posting and forgetting all about it... i dont think otherwise it is normal for me to dream about people turning into cats, i cant remember ever dreaming that before wizard

#84:  Author: Koal44 PostPosted: Mon 08 Apr, 2019
    ----
Had a short LD last night.

Claiming points for floating smile

Dream Journal

#85:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Mon 08 Apr, 2019
    ----
last night i had another annoyingly short ld, my 4th attempt at part 2 of the extended task. although if i werent trying to do the task i doubt id be having these lds at all!

it was early in the night so my recall is even fuzzier than the cat was, but i tried to follow her this time!

i dont know anything about cat breeds but from my googling i think it looked like a norwegian forest cat.

#86:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Mon 08 Apr, 2019
    ----

#87:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Mon 08 Apr, 2019
    ----
Susan_Y: Maybe next time, then!

Obliverum: Nyaaa~! *purrs excessively*

Koal44: I've marked you down for the LD and the floating.. but did you shapeshift the DC using willpower? If so, that's another task! Please let me know. smile

Obliverum (Again): Did you want to claim that short LD? You've passed on the past couple and didn't explicitly say so here.

James_UK2008:
James's DJ wrote:
Was in the world of Skyrim as a Female Argonian.

That sounds like a Lizardwoman.. so.. do you explicitly want to shapeshift for your personal goal? Sounds like you were really close here!

#88:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Tue 09 Apr, 2019
    ----
@Cornelia Xaos = If it's applicable for points, I'll gladly take them at this stage smile

Had 2 NDs here this morning. No tasks. The last one was a hair short of being an LD. A shame with how nicely it flowed wink5

#89:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Tue 09 Apr, 2019
    ----
I had a medium-length lucid dream in which I swam in the solid ground and even used it for surfing. Interesting? Yes. Worth points? Not so much.

#90:  Author: Koal44 PostPosted: Tue 09 Apr, 2019
    ----
Cornelia Xaos wrote:

Koal44: I've marked you down for the LD and the floating.. but did you shapeshift the DC using willpower? If so, that's another task! Please let me know. smile

Hehe that was something similar but I won't claim points as I cannot remember it properly.
I do it quite often in LDs so I will claim it in my next LD! smile

#91:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Tue 09 Apr, 2019
    ----
James_UK2008:
James's DJ wrote:
#2= I was sat back whilst extremely realistic looking lizardman prosthetics were being applied to my face and hands.
Went straight into FA here
I wake up in bed. Upon catching sight of my hands, I find that they were covered with green reptilian scales and I had white claws on my fingertips. I immediately reach out to the end of my bed to get an iPad that I don't own and activate the face camera. I was immediately greeted by the sight of my now completely reptilian looking face. My appearance appeared to be based off of The Lizard as he appeared in The Amazing Spiderman movie. I smiled with delight revealing my sharp teeth. I immediately caught sight of my yellow reptilian eyes that had a distinctive feral glare to them

Well.. you've definitely been incubating your personal goal! And it looks to me as if you've kinda done it twice now! I'll award you points if you believe you've done it as it is your personal goal!

Rhewin: Wow.. I didn't even think of having a category for something like that.. missed opportunity, sadly. I've awarded you LD points, though.

Koal44: I look forward to reading about it! :D

#92:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Tue 09 Apr, 2019
    ----
If it's eligible for points, I'll gladly claim them please. The realism/intensity of it definitely met my standards. smile

#93:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Tue 09 Apr, 2019
    ----
I know I'm really late to the game but kiekeboe . I had a short LD yesterday, in which I had an old friend wake me, because I couldn't seem to wake myself.

I won't be posting the dream though, because there were creepy circumstances around why I needed him to wake me. notify

Here's to some less creepy LDs in the future.

#94:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Wed 10 Apr, 2019
    ----
James_UK2008: Then I'll mark you down for your personal goal. Congratulations!

Eiltan: Better late than never! And I hope you have more pleasant LDs, too! hugs

#95:  Author: GenghisKhan PostPosted: Thu 11 Apr, 2019
    ----
Latest DJ entry LINK

Very close to LC completion, I can finally claim some task ! :D
+ Wear suit - kinda disappointing in itself, but it worked
+ Use attack module - laser arm
+ Use movement module - hi-speed, fly

+ Short LD (DILD)

I am not claiming the Hover task: when taking off the flight was slow, but I cannot consider it hovering

#96:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Thu 11 Apr, 2019
    ----
GenghisKhan: Your suit sounded kinda Black Panther's, but with flight and such built in! Really cool! I've awarded you the points. Also, the Hover task requires you to hover via willpower, not some dream aide like a suit.

#97:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 12 Apr, 2019
    ----
Everyone: The LC is officially over! Everyone has 24 hours to claim any last minute dreams, and I've decided to go ahead and announce the winner at that time instead of waiting another 24 hours.

If you're currently dreaming, those dreams do count! Make sure to post them here in the next day!

#98:  Author: Majah PostPosted: Fri 12 Apr, 2019
    ----
Sorry, there were things going on in my life, so I did not pay proper attention to my dreams.
Hope you all had a fine LC experience! :D

#99:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Fri 12 Apr, 2019
    ----
All my dreams from this challenge have been posted.

(I have some dream art, but as we don't get art points this time, I can post those later).

Thanks to Cornelia for hosting!

By the way: what would the next part of the "castle" subtask have been, if I'd managed to do it? (Possibly there is no answer to this question, if part 2 depends on what the dreamer does in part 1).

#100:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 12 Apr, 2019
    ----
Majah: There's always next LC!

Susan_Y: Part 2 partially depends on Part 1.. but Part 2 would have involved a butler telling you I was in another castle and then you having to ride a gokart there.

#101:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sat 13 Apr, 2019
    ----
GenghisKhan, your powersuit dreams sounds so cool :D

i think i became briefly lucid three times last night, i only really remember a bit of one, and none long enough to count by my reckoning. i had to get up early and do stuff all day and only now have a chance to try to recall so its all pretty fuzzy.

so nothing more to report for points.

but it is still a victory to me, to have all these tiny lucid moments ive been having because of this challenge! and especially to have had my first continued story in a dream smile as much as i wish id found more of the story grin

thank you cornelia for a fun and inspiring challenge!

#102:  Author: Koal44 PostPosted: Sat 13 Apr, 2019
    ----
NOT claiming points (as I just had the dream grin )

But I just:
Had a medium LD
Wore a suit which looked a little bit like a black scale armor.
Used it to fly like by sending fire from the bottom of my foot (feet Jet Pack?)

I tried to do the part 1 by meeting Cornelia in a Castle but I just woke up while trying to get to a castle...

Too Bad I also wanted to know what would have been in Part 2 and Part 3!
I didn t follow on the Tasks that much at the beginning, but I wish I had had more LDs as I really liked the tasks smile Good Job Cornelia smile

Dream Journal

#103: LC 64 - Winner: Obliverum Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sat 13 Apr, 2019
    ----
Guess who overslept and missed the end-of-the-LC announcement? draait

And so, that's it folks! The LC has come to an end.. Nice job right there at the end, Koal.. Almost had a good dream worth some points! And the Castle task, you should all know, is based on the Mario franchise.

Also congratulations to Obliverum! You had a lot of little lucid moments, and that's what this challenge is all about.. Oh.. and did I mention..?

party3 Obliverum is the winner of LC 64! party3

Congratulations! You now have the opportunity to host the next LC if you would like! If not, then the mantle of host will pass down the chain of participants until someone takes it up! Here's the final score report (though the scores are still available here):

LC 64 - Scoresheet
  1. Obliverum ( 29 )
  2. Koal44 ( 18 )
  3. GenghisKhan ( 14 )
  4. James_UK2008 ( 12 )
  5. Rhewin ( 10 )
  6. Susan_Y ( 9 )
  7. Eilatan ( 2 )
  8. Mew151 & Majah ( 0 )

Thank-you all for participating! I greatly enjoyed reading your dreams about...

... when the dog bites ...
... when the bee stings ...
... when I'm feeling sad ...
I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feel ...
SO BAD!

#104:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sat 13 Apr, 2019
    ----
Double post followup.. Koal.. you actually got stung by bees in that last one... just in line with the song.

#105: Re: LC 64 - Winner: Obliverum Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sat 13 Apr, 2019
    ----
Cornelia Xaos wrote:
Congratulations! You now have the opportunity to host the next LC if you would like!

ooh, i might just try my hand at this! ive participated in a few lcs and ndcs now so i think ive got the idea, but i havent hosted before. are there any rule books or is it up to my discretion?

#106:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 14 Apr, 2019
    ----
Cornelia Xaos wrote:
Majah: There's always next LC!

Susan_Y: Part 2 partially depends on Part 1.. but Part 2 would have involved a butler telling you I was in another castle and then you having to ride a gokart there.

The kart gives away the inspration for this subtask colgate. (And you explicitly reveal it later in the thread).

Now i'm wondering how many of the others would have become easier to identify by the second task...

#107:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Mon 15 Apr, 2019
    ----
I really wish more of the extended tasks were claimed, because I wanted to find out all the references. These are the ones I figured out: notify

Cornelia Xaos wrote:
You've learned of Cornelia's capture by some insidious foe. You see a castle in the distance. Make your way to the castle and search for her inside.

^ The original Mario

Cornelia Xaos wrote:
You set out one morning to wonder through the forest with a travelling companion. You come across a small lake hidden within the trees and a strange woman standing nearby. She turns to you and asks you for your help in exchange for an item of power. Find her at the water's edge and receive a gift, but be wary of its cost!

^ Possible a Lady in the Lake / King Arthur reference

Cornelia Xaos wrote:
It's another year and you're finally back off to school, leaving your horrible aunt and uncle behind. While riding the train you see that girl, Cornelia, who everyone calls crazy. She's seated alone, reading. She looks rather puzzled at something. Speak to her and ask her what's on her mind.

^ Obvious Harry Potter reference was obvious

Cornelia Xaos wrote:
Everything was supposed to be alright.. you and Cornelia were just going to play around and explore your Uncle's house.. but you bumped into him and he showed some.. strange rings.. and enticed Cornelia to take one. When she did.. she vanished! Now you'll have to do the same to follow her! Find a yellow ring and follow her to world's unknown!

^ Narnia, or more accurately Book 1: The Magician's Nephew

Cornelia Xaos wrote:
Another day has come and everything seems all too familiar.. A strange darkness roils over the land and you have dreams, dreams that almost seem like visions of a princess in peril. She seems so familiar.. this Cornelia.. With the danger escalating, and nothing better to do, make your way through the darkness to the castle at the center of the land.

^ The Legend of Zelda

There seems to be a few references to zombie-esque games, maybe a couple of action movies. I wonder if Cornelia would tell us what they all are, so we can groan at how obvious it should have been kiekeboe

#108:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr, 2019
    ----
Obliverum: It's up to the next host's discretion! You can copy the contents of the first post of my LC if you need something to build off of, or you can write the rules from scratch. Past hosts, like me, are also here if you have any questions.. but don't spoil any task plans with me as I'd like to participate!

Susan_Y: Heh. The format for the parts was supposed to be:
  1. Obvious plot reference.
  2. Unexpected twist
  3. Wrap up the loose ends and conclude

I wanted to subvert peoples' expectations with Part 2.

Eilatan (et al.): Here's the tasks again with their sources:

And I had a few on backup in case we got more than 15 participants and everyone did the extended task.

#109:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr, 2019
    ----
The extended tasks were a cool idea. but it seems they were too hard for most people to do. (Obliverum managed to do one, but she also had a high score in the previous LC).

#110:  Author: GenghisKhan PostPosted: Sat 20 Apr, 2019
    ----
Thank you so much Cornelia for hosting :D

And congratulations to Obliverum for winning this LC ^^

#111:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Mon 22 Apr, 2019
    ----
Susan_Y: The extended task is usually harder as they're worth quite a bit more than the standard tasks. Sometimes they can be simple.. and I admit this one was probably more difficult than past ones as it involved summoning someone and being in a specific place for some of the subplots.

GenghisKhan: You're welcome! And thank-you for participating! :D

#112:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Wed 24 Apr, 2019
    ----
Cornelia Xaos wrote:
  • You've known Cornelia for a long time as she's a good friend of your cousin's. She's coming to town after a long trip away. There's supposed to be a celebration later, but that will have to wait as she seems to be running a bit behind schedule. Find Cornelia as she enters town and let her know what you think of her tardiness!
    Source is Lord of the Rings.

• Cornelia's gone missing! She's stormed out and away into the night. It's been a day now and you don't know where she is or how she's feeling. It's also especially cold out... The townsfolk say she ran off towards the mountains. Put on your parka and make your way towards the mountain and see if you can't find her.
    Source is Frozen.

notify I honestly can't believe I didn't notice these two.

I feel like I have to hand in my nerd card now kiekeboe

Thanks again for running this LC, Cornelia. And Congrats to Obliverium for winning! applaus

#113:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Tue 07 May, 2019
    ----
it was fun to see what all the source material behind the different extended task plots were!

i am planning to host LC 65 over the summer, so look out come july. i have a plan and im very excited smile

#114:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Tue 07 May, 2019
    ----
* Cornelia stares into the distance.. "July..."

#115:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Mon 29 Jul, 2019
    ----
Cornelia Xaos wrote:
* Cornelia stares into the distance.. "July..."

The end of July is fast approaching...

Seriously, if "the curse of the LC" has struck again and Obliverum is too busy to host the next challenge, I'm sure someone else would be able to volunteer.

#116:  Author: Koal44 PostPosted: Mon 29 Jul, 2019
    ----
I m also ready to join the next LC. I hope Obliverum still wants to host it :D

#117:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul, 2019
    ----
I was gonna message Obliverum and she if she still wanted to.. but it looks like she hasn't been on the forum since May. I'm thinking about giving her a half a month or so before offering the torch to the runner up (you Koal ).

#118:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul, 2019
    ----
ive been lurking around! maybe its time to get started, thanks for giving me a kick Cornelia smile

sometimes when life is stressful I fall into lurker mode.

if someone else is in the mood to host im happy to be a participant, but i do have some ideas im excited about too grin

#119:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Thu 01 Aug, 2019
    ----
It's alright! We were all just getting a little anxious. I know I'm excited to see what you have planned.. especially since my brain is throwing LDs at me.

EDIT: Also.. how is your last post today, but your Last Visit was on the sixth of July? notify

#120:  Author: Koal44 PostPosted: Thu 01 Aug, 2019
    ----
And I m exciting to start, especially since my brain sends ZERO LDs to me :D
I seriously need motivation haha

Now I m also wondering about the discrepancy between your last visit and last post :o

#121:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Thu 01 Aug, 2019
    ----
Cornelia Xaos wrote:
EDIT: Also.. how is your last post today, but your Last Visit was on the sixth of July? notify

Obliverum's last visit date is the 31st for me. This is because the forum takes 24 hours (give or take a few) to register last visit times.

#122:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Thu 01 Aug, 2019
    ----
yep! ive been lurking a bit not logged in though too. sometimes logging into things is too much effort

im planning to get the signups/intro post together this weekend once im off work! be ready smile

#123:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 02 Aug, 2019
    ----
Woo, yea! Signups! If you need any help us past hosts can do! smile

I'm in a similar boat as Koal. I get lucids.. but they tend to be very blurry. (So many of my dreams in the last couple months have some synonym for "Blurry" or "Broken" in the title. )

#124:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sat 03 Aug, 2019
    ----
topic and signups for the next challenge is up! http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=749089

since this is my first time hosting please let me know anything i missed. i designed the challenge to be a little like a workshop, so everyone can get back into shape!

LD4all » Lucid Adventures

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com