Toilets/bathrooms in dreams
LD4all » the Stuff Dreams are made of...

#1: Toilets/bathrooms in dreams Author: PistGurl PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2004
    ----
I've been told that all toilets are either unfindable or very dirty in dreams, now that I think about it, mine are, does everyone else find this or is this just some of us, and if everyone does find this is true, then does anyone know why? eh whatsthat

#2:  Author: milod789 PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2004
    ----
I know it is true for me. In my dreams toilets are either dirty or mutated in some way .For example: I had one dream where the toilet in a public rest room was a large round fountain, in another I found the bathroom but the hole room was just one big shower with no toilet or sink(and I really had to go), and another was cluttered and cramped, dirty and I could not get to the toilet.

#3:  Author: Johan PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2004
    ----
Hmmm, yesterday night I dreamt about toilets. I was at a school and they weren't dirty. But the place was full of dirty evil people eek2 A few moments later I got lucid. If there was any connection between the toilets and the lucidity, then I want to dream the whole night about toilets

#4:  Author: Dee PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2004
    ----
Personally in my dreams toilets often are very dirty or very strange too, but I was "lucky" to see couple of times toilets which were not perfect, but rather ok. wink

#5:  Author: 395 PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2004
    ----
I can only recall one dream with bathroom stuff, and what a bathroom stuff it was!
After doing many various things in a pool bigger than anything with a high dives going up to about 50 stories tall, I went to the shower room, a hall of about 50 showers one after another. At the end of that was a gigantic maze of tile with toilet after toilet, sink after sink, thousands stretching out in all directions. It was amazing...
So no, I like bathrooms. tumbsuplinkswitteduim

#6:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2004
    ----
Toilets in my dreams are clean. I've had dreams of actually going to the toilet, although I've luckily never wet my bed before. Lol.

#7:  Author: JaRoD PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2004
    ----
I have had dreams about toilets and from what I can remember they where mostly normal. Once I got lucid in a bathroom and I really had to go and for some reason I was really confused. I was afraid I would wet my bed but I went anyway. Luckily the bed was dry when I woke up

#8:  Author: Ashvura PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2004
    ----
For me toilets which are in common/public places (like school) are usually really gross and dirty. There's brown stuff all over the toilet and the walls (not so much poop, but more like rust o_O) and often the locks on the toilet doors don't work and someone barges in on me. XD

My toilet and bathroom at home look perfectly fine, though.

I think it's all related to some childhood trauma. grin

#9:  Author: oneiromancer PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2004
    ----
Technodreamer wrote:
Toilets in my dreams are clean. I've had dreams of actually going to the toilet, although I've luckily never wet my bed before. Lol.

ditto for me, toilets in my dreams are clean, bed is thankfully dry

#10: dry beds Author: PistGurl PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2004
    ----
I've had loads of dreams about toilets, one was in meadowhall, and I couldnt find it anywhere, and then i was suddenly there, and jennifer anniston was there and she made me go in the end cubicle, it was a really tall and wide bowl, and had to climb for ages to get to it, went to the toilet, woke up, and screamed cos i thought i would have wet the bed, didnt liuckily, though there was the time i was drunk and dreamt about going to the toilet...ill not go into that shy2

I had a dream the other day about the toilet in my house and it was barbie sized and all rusty, yeah, most of my bathrooms are rusty too, i wonder why, ive never seen a real toilet like that.

The next time anyone here is lucid, ask a dc why some ppls toilets are always dirty!!!

#11:  Author: sno_isulli PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2004
    ----
I've never dreamt of dirty toilets. My bathroom dreams are almost always the same though: The bathrooms are huge and elaborate and very unlike any bathrooms you'd ever see. The stalls are all messed up though and either the partitions are unfrosted glass so people can see you or the glass is frosted but only covers half of the stall. And people are ALWAYS looking at me and I am so annoyed and pissed off and frustrated. And after all the hassle, I usually just walk out without using the bathroom at all.

#12:  Author: Ampout PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2004
    ----
Quote:
I've never dreamt of dirty toilets. My bathroom dreams are almost always the same though

Yup... same to me. Actualy i have a vage memory of the toilet... and it was clean...
Where did you guys heard that theory about dirty things in your dreams?

#13:  Author: Pilot PostPosted: Fri 12 Mar, 2004
    ----
very very werid! mostly clean, toilets always left me pondering how to ..proceed, and usually for both genders

#14:  Author: whispa PostPosted: Fri 12 Mar, 2004
    ----
They're always in busy places with no door or one of the walls is like a window. People are everywhere and there's no privacy.

#15:  Author: Mohegan PostPosted: Fri 12 Mar, 2004
    ----
i've had dreams where they are both dirty and clean. They usually seem to fit the surroundings for me.

EG: personal toilets/home toilets are generally clean where as public toilets tend to be dirty. Just like RL neutral

#16: GOING to the toilet Author: PistGurl PostPosted: Sat 13 Mar, 2004
    ----
Has any of you ever actually felt the sensation of fuly going to the toilet in a dream? Oh and everyone who hasn't answered the first question answer that two...I'm compiling an average thingy!!!

#17:  Author: Mohegan PostPosted: Sat 13 Mar, 2004
    ----
I have yes. Most of the time i "use" a toilet in a dream i get that sensation i'm happy to say that not one of those times have i ever wet the bed lol.

I guess i'm lucky in that respect LMAO 8D

edit// ps: you're only allowed 3 lines for your sig.

#18:  Author: PistGurl PostPosted: Sat 13 Mar, 2004
    ----
Whenever I use the toilet in a dream, it feels like it kinda hurts, like I shouldn't be doing it...its kinda like the feeling you get when you really need the toilet and your bladder really hurts...but while I'm peeing!!! ko, too much info!
Oh, and why are you allowed so many characters(so many you can have over 3 lines) if you are only allowed three lines. If a mod tells me to change it I will, but it says how many characters you're allowed, and I'm within the limit obviously lol!

#19:  Author: Sureal PostPosted: Sat 13 Mar, 2004
    ----
Well, for me, toliet are generally clean.

But the areas around them - that's another matter.

they may be missing walls (or the walls may be low down), doors (or the doors may be transparent). And toliets/bathrooms usually have lots of people in them.

I am too one of the lucky people who doesn't wet myself when I dream about it. Cos then I'd be wetting myself a lot eh.

#20:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Sat 13 Mar, 2004
    ----
Quote:
For me toilets which are in common/public places (like school) are usually really gross and dirty.

Lol, yes that's in RL too.

#21:  Author: Mohegan PostPosted: Sat 13 Mar, 2004
    ----
PistGurl wrote:

Oh, and why are you allowed so many characters(so many you can have over 3 lines) if you are only allowed three lines. If a mod tells me to change it I will, but it says how many characters you're allowed, and I'm within the limit obviously lol!

yes it doesn't seem to be widely enforced rule

but it does state clearly in the rules (which i assume you read)

Quote:
your signature
It is not allowed to have images in your signature, exept little smiley images.
Also, the maximum linelenght = 3. That means 3 separate lines:
In your sig. This is to prevent ppl having longer sigs than their messages.

#22:  Author: PistGurl PostPosted: Sat 13 Mar, 2004
    ----
But I always have longer messages than my sig...'cos I always ramble on about everything, I'm just like I am in real life...I never shut up!

Anyway...has anyone ever had a dream in which their toilet doors have been completely normal? You know, no half doors, no rust on the walls, no transparent cubicles, no big tower thing that you have to climb up to get to the actual toilet?

Has anyone ever dreamed of a COMPLETELY normal toilet?

I never have...not once...stupid wierdo toilets.

#23:  Author: Mohegan PostPosted: Sun 14 Mar, 2004
    ----
Quote:
Anyway...has anyone ever had a dream in which their toilet doors have been completely normal? You know, no half doors, no rust on the walls,

damn mine are like that in real life wink5

#24:  Author: SiY PostPosted: Sun 14 Mar, 2004
    ----
only time i used a toilet in my dream was when i had a dream that i was doing this marathon run and i had to jump down a toilet as part of the race and i came out the other side onto a path and i carried on the marathon like it was normal, and the toilet was clean (thank god lol)

#25:  Author: Sureal PostPosted: Sun 14 Mar, 2004
    ----
I had a normal toliet in a dream before, a long time ago (in a dream far far away eh). Though in the dream I was a overweight, which isn't something I'm use too uhh. Infact... I think the power rangers played some sort fo part in that dream... :...:

#26:  Author: PistGurl PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr, 2004
    ----
There's a dream in my DD about me being chased through a maze of toilets...it was cool.

#27:  Author: sno_isulli PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr, 2004
    ----
Quote:
There's a dream in my DD about me being chased through a maze of toilets...it was cool.

ROFL.

The only "normal" bathroom dream I had was a semi-lucid one. It was my bathroom at home and everything was as it should be. I spent most of the (short) dream manipulating the light switch and toliet seat with a wave of my arm. Telekinesis in dreams is COOL!

#28:  Author: Shadowless PostPosted: Fri 14 May, 2004
    ----
I've used one of the toilets in my RL home many times in a dream. I too get that sensation but don't ever actually wet the bed. I do wake up most the time in panic cause I'm afraid I'm actually going to though. I lay there for a second frantically checking for a wet spot then go use the RL toilet just to be safe.

That was too personal...

#29:  Author: waterstarrainbow PostPosted: Fri 14 May, 2004
    ----
hehehe.. this is a funny topic. yes this has happened to me many many times.. but i always wake up when my dreams are like this.

i think when i was a kid i actually pissed the bed,....

#30:  Author: PistGurl PostPosted: Fri 14 May, 2004
    ----
I NEVER pist the bed... overspannen nope, never...

(ok, maybe too much info coming here)It's a *** wierd feeling when you're pissing in dreams. It kind of...stings, no, not stingy, but kinda between stinging and tingling. Like pressure or something. It's wierd. I've nearly gotten lucid loads from this feeling but stupid dumbass dream me always decides that it's just cos I haven't been to the loo in ages and my bladders full or one of those random dream excuses your brain always comes up with. It's ridiculous.

Anyways. My public toilets nearly always only have half a door, and I'm ALWAYS embarrassed about going, but I always do it without thinking WHY I'm embarrassed. dude, people are watching you pee!! Do a RC !

#31:  Author: dreamergirl PostPosted: Fri 14 May, 2004
    ----
Most of the bathrooms in my dreams often have no privacy but none of them as I can recall weren't dirty. It can be embarassing though, especially if you want to go to the toilet in your dream!

#32:  Author: bza20 PostPosted: Fri 14 May, 2004
    ----
Ive had many dreams where im in a bathroom, and have been thinking of posting on this forum about it for ages...then today i find this topic...

In my dreams they (bathrooms) are never dirty, theyre elaborate like people have said, but mine are always or almost always some form of bathroom ive been in in real life. i never feel weird and i always do my business. Though i am always in a curious mood in the dreams -like something isnt right.

These dreams are the dreams that make me think im incapable of pickin out dreamsigns because ive had sooo many bathroom dreams.

#33:  Author: Zogger! PostPosted: Sun 23 May, 2004
    ----
heh, well here's an oldish topic. maybe it should be turned into the "BIG Toilet topic" wink5.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever actually used a toilet in my dreams. I did have nightmares about the one in my house though when I was younger, ocassionally. It only occured to me in the last couple o' weeks that this might be a semi-recurring nightmare that I used to have, Normally involving some monster living in there that grabbed you whilst... yes...
And something about hiding behind a bike, too.

More recently (within the last year or so) I had a couple of nightmares where I'd walk into the bathroom, and the lights won't work right. They might come on, but only to half strength, or the dim ones will come on, but the bright ones won't. It'd really feel like something else was controlling them, and it's scary at the time. Although normally when I have nightmares about toilets, it's because I need to use one. It's a bit ironic really, my body wants me to use it, but when I wake up I still feel scared about going in there. Crazy.

Actually, I'd go so far as to say that about all the nightmares I've had involve toilets, and the only dreams I ever have involving toilets were nightmares. So toilets == nightmares

heh. Still, hasn't happened in ages.

#34:  Author: dest PostPosted: Tue 01 Jun, 2004
    ----
Quote:
It's a bit ironic really, my body wants me to use it, but when I wake up I still feel scared about going in there. Crazy.

:D:D:D cool...

I remember only 1 dream with toilet... I was in shop or so, and i went to the WC... I dont remember how toilets looked, but the sinks looked like that:

A normal sink, but above it there is on faucet, but a kid burried in wall in horizontal position, so only half of it can be seen meh... When you hit the button, the watter starts stream from the mounth of that kid... pretty strange i must say smile

#35:  Author: Petrarch PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun, 2005
    ----
I am glad to have found this topic, because I seem to spend half my dream life in public washrooms, and it gets annoying after a while.

#36:  Author: Stormthunder PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun, 2005
    ----
Wow! Very old topic! But I'll leave a comment anyway.

Quote:
I've been told that all toilets are either unfindable or very dirty in dreams, now that I think about it, mine are, does everyone else find this or is this just some of us, and if everyone does find this is true, then does anyone know why?

So true, so true. At least for me. I hate dreaming about toilets, because it almost always means that I need to go in real life and once I start dreaming about having to relieve myself, I can't stop until I wake up. It's awful. Sometimes I realise what's happening quickly and wake myself up, but sometimes I stubbornly keep searching the dream world in the hope the urge will vanish until it gets really bad and I'm forced to drag myself out of bed. I detest getting up early, but it's even worse when a perfectly good dream is ruined because of a call of nature.

My toilets are absolutely disgusting. They're usually very dirty, yes, with lumpy seats and no toilet paper. But the worst part is that they either have no door at all or don't have a lock, or have that "half-door" lots of others have mentioned. It's the top half that's missing, so you can't see the important bits, but it's still impossible to go when someone could come in any moment and look at your face. In fact, I can't go at all and never have.

And then there are the times I can't even find them. Just yesterday I dreamed of searching for a bathroom in a shopping mall - I found the men's toilet immediately, but when I followed the signs for the women's, it was nowhere to be found! So frustrating.

#37:  Author: Kava PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun, 2005
    ----
I ate poop from a toilet once........ In a dream.

#38:  Author: Pancra85 PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun, 2005
    ----
aww, disgusting...
I never dream about toilets, maybe of beeing on some bathroom, but I didn't have to use the toilet

#39:  Author: waterfall PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun, 2005
    ----
I've never ever dreamed about bathrooms toilets and such.
Do you dream about them when you have to go to the loo???
Or is it random???

#40:  Author: Julian Iron PostPosted: Sat 02 Jul, 2005
    ----
It happens to me sometimes when i really have to go, i dream that i'm going... I can really feel the releave in the dream and when i wake up, i always fear that i actually went in my bed, but so far it never happened... wink

I think one of my first LD was because i dreamt i was going to the bathroom and the toilet sit wasn't there, i thought :" man, this can't be right !!" And i woke up...

#41:  Author: IvoryWolf PostPosted: Sat 02 Jul, 2005
    ----
When I was really little I used to have nightmares about toilets, they'd always try to eat me. I grew out of it, but sometimes I still have nightmares about them... meh

#42:  Author: Kashmir PostPosted: Sat 16 Jul, 2005
    ----
I remember a dream about a bathroom once, and it was awesome. I was in this giant public bathroom. Everything was crystalized or something (similar to frosted glass, I suppose). Each stall was its own private bathroom, complete with a sink and tub. I found a robot replicate of my friend, and it ended with a picture of an old house with a made-up Linkin Park song playing in the background. Weird stuff, but the dream itself was pretty cool.

Another bathroom dream I had was when I was around eight years old. I was in my school bathroom, hiding in a stall in my underwear. There was no door on the stall, and the teacher was calling from outside that it was time to go.

I also dreamed once about looking in the mirror in my bathroom. There were a bunch of green oozy boils on the side of my neck... grossss...

#43:  Author: whispa PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul, 2005
    ----
In one dream I was in a changing room and the lockers were toilets. They were a bit bigger but it was still very difficult to squeeze inside and shut the door.

#44:  Author: The Dude PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul, 2005
    ----
You know I can't recall a dream with toilets. I wanna try taking a leak in a dream now... must feel weird as hell. I've never had the urge to go to the bathroom in a dream either. I remember once I had a dream where i ate too much and was gonna be sick and I woke up to a stomach virus... but thats a different story.

#45:  Author: nightshade PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul, 2005
    ----
A feaw days ago i had a dream where I was using a toilet, it was a bit weird cause I was sitting on it and pissing against the wall. It looked exactly like my RL bathroom but there was someone at the door watching me. After a while he got bored and went to the living room to watch tv.

#46:  Author: Kashmir PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul, 2005
    ----
On the subject of using toilets in a weird way or going on something that isn't a toilet at all, I dreamed once of peeing on my grandmother's computer.

#47:  Author: Cynster PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul, 2005
    ----
Toilets appear in my dreams most of the time when I have to pee really bad. I'm just glad when I pee in the dream toilet I don't pee IRL until I actually wake up and go to the bathroom. ^^

#48:  Author: Iluminada PostPosted: Wed 27 Jul, 2005
    ----
Twice w/in the past week or so I've been in search of a toilet. I think Milod789 posted something like this on another thread but I hate them.

I always have to use them so badly and when I find one there is absolutely no privacy, they're in gross horrific places or there isn't one at all.

#49:  Author: Mohegan PostPosted: Wed 27 Jul, 2005
    ----
I haven't had a toilet dream from a long time. Most of the time I dream that I need a drink and that I'm drinking pints or juice. Shortly after I need the bathroom, usually I wake up at that point now.

Fortunately on the rare occations I do pee I don't do it in RL

#50:  Author: Sleepyhead PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul, 2005
    ----
I had one of those famous toilet dreams last night. The room was very old-fashioned. It was in a hall opposite a front door. The walls of the toilet were green painted wood and the floor was lined with black and white squares. The ceiling was very high. Despite my best efforts, the door would not lock. Then, all of the bolts on the door (there were lots!) wouldn't line up with the holes. When I did finally sit on the toilet and wee, sand came out eh I thought it must have been from when I was on the beach.
Then the light went out in the toilet and a bloke walked in thinking it was unoccupied shy2

And I didn't even realise it was a dream grrr

#51:  Author: Iluminada PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul, 2005
    ----
what's a bloke?

#52:  Author: Stormthunder PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul, 2005
    ----
It's Aussie slang for a man. Or some people use it (ie ME) as a derogatory term for your typical unsophisticated blue-collar male. It's not exactly a compliment in my view, but some people (usually blue-collar males) just use it to describe everyday guys.

#53:  Author: Sleepyhead PostPosted: Fri 29 Jul, 2005
    ----
Didn't even notice that I'd used the word 'bloke'. I meant it as an anonymous male DC. It was not meant to be derogatory in any way smile

He he, I've just found quite a good American/English dictionary which might clear up confusion, and it also makes quite amusing reading smile : http://english2american.com/dictionary/b.html

#54:  Author: Love Fairy PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul, 2005
    ----
You mean sleep dreams?

#55:  Author: Iluminada PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul, 2005
    ----
Yes... toilets in sleep dreams.

Welcome Love Fairy.

Bloke SleepyHead that is a funny dictionary. Thanks guys Stormthunder too. That is a funny word. I think I'll use it every now and then. wink

No one will know what I mean here lach2

#56:  Author: Love Fairy PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul, 2005
    ----
I've had a dream before about a toilet, that's when I was like 6. In that dream I accidently threw my doll in the toilet and then I put my hand in the toilet and as my mom sees my hand in there she starts to cry. She said in a crying voice "I'm crying because you put your hand in it!" Great reason to cry, huh!

#57:  Author: Iluminada PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul, 2005
    ----
Toilets as if having to use them...

#58:  Author: Cynster PostPosted: Mon 01 Aug, 2005
    ----
Wow, I thought "bloke" was a pretty commonly-known British/Aussie word. Wow again.

If you really want to learn more of those words and begin understanding them when you hear them, start watching British television if you have access to it (Comcast cable where I live has BBC America). I've learned so many more slang words since I started watching shows like Junkyard Wars (AKA Scrapheap Challenge in the UK), which isn't even on any more in the US as far as I can tell...Absolutely Fabulous (BEST BRITISH SHOW EVER!), Coupling, The Office, etc. One of my favorites is "dodgy", as used in the sentence, "Although I use Windows on my computer, it's a pretty dodgy operating system." Can you guess its meaning from the context? ^^

#59:  Author: Iluminada PostPosted: Mon 01 Aug, 2005
    ----
Ummm.... Nope. But given Sleepyhead's dictionary reference it'd be "shady"?..

#60:  Author: Cynster PostPosted: Tue 02 Aug, 2005
    ----
Shady, crappy, sub-par, you get the idea. ^^

#61: restrooms Author: mekkler PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug, 2005
    ----
Fortunately for me restrooms/toilets in dreams happens to be a trigger for lucidity. And the reason is because they usually appear so strange. Like, if I need to go, there will just happen to be a toilet or more likely urinal, right up against the wall in some public highly travelled area. Then I think, that's not very private, hey wait a minute...this is a dream. Another common restroom theme is I open the door to the restroom and there is a huge stadium sized room with hundreds of toilets and urinals on dozens of different levels and situated in random positions, like immediately inside the door. They are usually uni-sex bathrooms also. Once again, I love to see these, it means I'm dreaming.

#62:  Author: bink PostPosted: Mon 15 Aug, 2005
    ----
I dream about toilets ALL the time. I drink a lot of water IRL, though, so there's usually a physical reason!

I often have trouble finding a toilet in dreams, and when I do find them, they're invariably dirty, or full of water all the way up to the top, or so high I can't climb onto them, or in a big room with no privacy, or in some other kind of public place. I think this happens to keep us from relaxing too much in real life.

The last LD I had was based on toilets. I finally found one that worked and was clean, but I checked my watch and it said 8888 so I got lucid and decided not to use that toilet after all. Woke up then, and used the real bathroom.

I am going to get a LED clock to put in my bathroom so I can do RCs without turning the light on. I have a wristwatch in there but I can't usually find it in the dark to hit the Indiglo button.

#63:  Author: Mighty7 PostPosted: Mon 19 Sep, 2005
    ----
Seeing a toilet in a dream is one of the worse signs you can have. If you use a toilet in your dream there is a ridiculously good chance you will use it in reality. If you see a toilet in your dream...........run!!!!!!!

#64:  Author: kore kist PostPosted: Mon 19 Sep, 2005
    ----
heya,

kore kist, here, newbie,
anyway, i justed wanted to say when i was 12, away at summer camp, i had a dream that i was riding in a canoe. then i had to go pee, and walked carefully to the back of the canoe, and found there was a hole cut into the bench at the stern, and in the bottom of the canoe. so i pulled down my pants and peed like it was a toilet. then i woke up covered in warm urine, and my bedclothes soaked. i had not wet the bed since about age of five, and then it rarely happened. everyone was asleep so i managed to get all cleaned up without anyone noticing. if they had, i'd have been ABSOLUTELY MORTIFIED.
ever since then, i never use the toilet in dreams.
i use the feeling of having to pee to lead into LDs...cause knowing i can't pee, i realize i can't CAUSE I'm DREAMING. and the pressure of my bladder makes me aware of my waking life body at the same time i'm identifying with my dream body.

love
kore

#65:  Author: Patren PostPosted: Thu 06 Oct, 2005
    ----
More recently toilets have been in my dreams a lot. They are clean? maybe. I don't really remember them, though I do know they are almost always in a public place. One time it was in the cafeteria and the other time it was in the entrance to one of my old schools. If its an actual stall its usually more of an outhouse with a wooden door that is basically useless.

#66:  Author: svavarg PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005
    ----
i dream about going to the toilet alot but I always have two penises!!hahaha 8D

#67:  Author: Jack Rabbit PostPosted: Wed 19 Oct, 2005
    ----
Just a few months ago I wet my bed because of a toilet dream. But most of the time I use the toilet, I wake up dry.

I also remember a dream from a long time ago about a giant toilet designed especially for sumo wrestlers. It was about the size of a hot tub.

#68:  Author: Dark00stirfry PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2005
    ----
The last time that i encountered a bathroom the toilet was very clean. The bathroom, however, was flooded with shoes. I'm talking stacks. This was in my grandmother's bathroom and there is a limit to just how many shoes a woman can own, haha!
I was tripping over them and fell, ouch!

#69:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Mon 20 Mar, 2006
    ----
I have so many dreams with toilets in them, that I am going to have to start to do RCs everytime I see a toilet or even think about one! eek2

#70:  Author: Iluminada PostPosted: Wed 26 Apr, 2006
    ----
The ever so frustrating dream of the bathroom haunted me about a week ago.

I always have this incredible urge to pee. The one's that make you feel that if you touch your lower belly you can actually see your bladder. That's how bad I had to go and then someone decides to make my bathroom an open room with no doors, DCs that just hang around and encourage you to pee b/c no one cares and someone decided to set up their matress on the tub.

I hate bathroom dreams. But I laugh every morning after I have one.

#71: Re: dry beds Author: LadyBa PostPosted: Sun 30 Apr, 2006
    ----
PistGurl wrote:
I've had loads of dreams about toilets, one was in meadowhall, and I couldnt find it anywhere, and then i was suddenly there, and jennifer anniston was there...

Today i dreamt about toilets and Lisa Kudrow...

Maybe toilets and the cast of FRIENDS are related! grin

#72:  Author: Petrarch PostPosted: Sat 17 Jun, 2006
    ----
Argh! It happens to me all too often. I am amazed I have always woken up dry.

#73:  Author: MatrixManNe0 PostPosted: Sat 17 Jun, 2006
    ----
Lights in bathrooms NEVER work for me. Bathrooms are always dark and if I happen to be in a shower, it's always flooded...

#74: Toilets Author: spotted_zebra PostPosted: Sun 18 Jun, 2006
    ----
The only dream I can recall with toilets or showers was this one from when I was about 10... I was in a brick room and all on the ceiling were hanging toilets... Thank god they were empty... eek2

#75:  Author: whispa PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul, 2006
    ----
A few nights ago, I dreamt of some public toilets. There were lots of cubicles - atleast 10, most of them engaged. At the end of the room i saw some cubicles with the doors open. But there were no toilets inside them, just a stone tiled floor. They were empty and apparently ladies would sometimes use these when the toilets were busy. eek2

#76:  Author: regirock PostPosted: Sat 22 Jul, 2006
    ----
When I dream about toilets, my dream won't allow me to get into one (this usually because in WL I need to go badly)

#77:  Author: Caz PostPosted: Thu 27 Jul, 2006
    ----
In my dreams, the toilets are just... normal. Recently during a FA, I went to the bathroom and it was clean. Maybe it's just one of those things which is different for each person *shrugs*.

#78:  Author: Contage PostPosted: Sat 29 Jul, 2006
    ----
Whenever i dream of a toilet it is either rediculously large, or extremely tiny. Maybe this reflects how bad i have to go!

#79:  Author: Voldrek PostPosted: Fri 04 Aug, 2006
    ----
I've only ever seen a toilet in my dreams once, when I was about 8 or so. I found a decent one, and then flushed myself down it to see where it would take me... Too bad I don't remember where it took me.

#80:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug, 2006
    ----
I don't think I've ever went to a bathroom in my dreams before...

#81:  Author: DharmaBum PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006
    ----
For me in a dream pretty much anything that holds water is a restroom. I don't often dream about restrooms but when i do they are always in highly public areas and exposed on all sides, I remember once finding a small fountain in the middle of an open air market place and waking up before actually getting to use it, the idea I think is kinda like using a tree in RL, guess I am just not very picky and very confident in my dreams.

I generally wake up when searching for a bathroom in dreams.

Last edited by DharmaBum on Thu 31 Aug, 2006; edited 1 time in total

#82:  Author: Humble Dreamer PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006
    ----
that was a terrifying experience... I was going, and turned lucid, and just went, "uh oh, probably doing this in RL"

I wasn't. Phew.

#83:  Author: Amused Himself to Death PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006
    ----
The last time I went to the bathroom in a dream, someone kept trying to barge in while I was going pee. Eventually I just blockaded the door and went. No pee in real life, so good times.

#84:  Author: Phantast PostPosted: Fri 01 Sep, 2006
    ----
I tend to find that the restrooms in my dreams are huge and maze-like. Last night I dreamt of a recurring misplaced restroom in my school (it frequently pops up where the lost and found is meant to be) which was out of order, but I managed to find a properly placed one and actually use it (a rare occurrence, iirc), only to wake up half way through (thankfully dry IRL wink5).

#85:  Author: Mr.Quesadila PostPosted: Fri 01 Sep, 2006
    ----
Bathrooms in my dreams are the exact opposite. They are usually tiny and full of lots of people. One time a bathroom actually had a TV in it. ^^

#86:  Author: Sepultura123 PostPosted: Mon 04 Sep, 2006
    ----
I dont remember of having dreaming of bathroom. Usually I pee everywhere I want ... lol

#87:  Author: život PostPosted: Thu 14 Sep, 2006
    ----
dreams about bathroom were more nightmares to me.last time dreamin one were when i was 6,7years old.
I am home alone feeling strange.going to check the bathroom and see a cigaret burnout on the toilet seat.I flush it and get out of bathroom.suddenly everything around me starts shaking and i cannot open door from my apartment.then i open toilet door and see big black shapeless round and tall creature with red dot .boogie man from childhood it was.THE TOILET MONSTER buuuuuuu(ha ha ha.)

#88:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Fri 15 Sep, 2006
    ----
my latest ....
Quote:
Toilets, Toilets, Toilets Part 7 (fragment)
I am in the toilet and I am totally naked. After a while I have just got myself fully covered whew ... suddenly the door opens and someone comes in!! eek2 I had thought it was bolted! I am just relieved that they didn't enter just that little bit earlier! whew

#89:  Author: huggkruka PostPosted: Sun 17 Sep, 2006
    ----
I only dreamt about bathroom visits twice(and in the same night at that), and they were...messy. hmm

#90:  Author: ghostlove PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct, 2006
    ----
i only remember one dream where i dreamt about bathrooms in particular. i was at this bar and i had ordered steak and eggs (not that i can get into bars, nor would i order steak and eggs). i went into the women's washroom but all they had were urinals and i didn't want to pee standing up so i just left.

#91:  Author: Flanker PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct, 2006
    ----
I had a dream last night where I was in a toilet. The toilet itself wasnt strange at all but my chemistry teacher was there so it was a regular nightmare crazy

#92:  Author: Vishakha PostPosted: Fri 20 Oct, 2006
    ----
Toilet dreams, unfortunately, happen a lot for me. 90% of the time they are not only dirty, but completely public-- as in, all of the toilets just out in the open, no stalls, people showering nearby, no barriers except for the occasional wall to make it maze-like and confusing. o_0

#93:  Author: MissEvil PostPosted: Fri 20 Oct, 2006
    ----
Now that I look back on it- thats all correct. Public toilets are always dirty in my dreams OR there is some evil person/thing trying to kill me in the restroom. Weird x 1000. neutral

#94:  Author: Infinitycascade PostPosted: Fri 20 Oct, 2006
    ----
Funny! I can't remember any toilet dreams. I'm sure I will have had them before though...

#95:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Fri 20 Oct, 2006
    ----
oh ............ I've just had a small fragment flashback of a dream I had last night ..
there was an empty spot where the toilet was supposed to be!!

#96:  Author: Infinitycascade PostPosted: Fri 20 Oct, 2006
    ----
Quote:
oh ............ I've just had a small fragment flashback of a dream I had last night ..
there was an empty spot where the toilet was supposed to be!!

Was it a nightmare, where you needed the toilet? lach1

#97:  Author: BigMac2112 PostPosted: Fri 20 Oct, 2006
    ----
Oh God... toilets in dreams are horrible for me. I remeber, one time I was trapped in this filthy, endless bathroom. The toilets werefilled with seweage yuck, the tile on the floor kept on cracking (a recurring dreamsign from when I was a small child), and they never ended. I kept on walking for the rest of my dream, trying to get out without barfing.

One time I had a very weird dream, and the normal part was an outhouse that was compleatly filled with crap. blauw

#98:  Author: Mohegan PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct, 2006
    ----
I've been getting a few toilet dreams lately.
Always either in my old high school or one of the toilets at home.

They are usually fairly clean, although I remember once that I needed to go so badly that I pee'd in a pint glass.... it over flowed eh

#99:  Author: Iwazaru PostPosted: Thu 02 Nov, 2006
    ----
I have had toilets in my dreams.
But they are always in places they shouldn't be,
like in my closet, or in the middle of the livingroom.

#100:  Author: Shem PostPosted: Thu 02 Nov, 2006
    ----
I jump into toilets to get to different places when running away from the Green Goblin >_>

#101:  Author: Omega PostPosted: Thu 02 Nov, 2006
    ----
I had a precogn (right?) of the toilets in school, they were new, nice and the room smelled nice, it happened the next day, there were new toilets in my real life school.

#102:  Author: Iwazaru PostPosted: Fri 03 Nov, 2006
    ----
Shem wrote:
I jump into toilets to get to different places when running away from the Green Goblin >_>

I knew it! Somewhere in this world there is
a RL Mario! hehehe j/k wink5

#103:  Author: Yang PostPosted: Fri 03 Nov, 2006
    ----
One night, before going to sleep I told my parents that the toilets in dreams are always so dirty, so we wouldn't use them, cause if we did, we'd wet our bed IWL. That night I saw a perfectly clean and normal toilet and guess what - I used it! Nothing happened IWL, thank goodness!

#104:  Author: Iwazaru PostPosted: Fri 03 Nov, 2006
    ----
Yang wrote:
That night I saw a perfectly clean and normal toilet and guess what - I used it! Nothing happened IWL, thank goodness!

Thats another thing lol. Would that really happen IWL?
I can remember when I had that closet-toilet I actually
used it too, it took me about a minute to finish doing
a nr1 hehe. I got out of bed when I woke up, made breakfast
and while eating I suddenly recalled that moment and rushed to the
bed to see if nothing had happened lol . Nothing did, what a relief! grin

#105:  Author: Yang PostPosted: Fri 03 Nov, 2006
    ----
I don't know. I was scared it would happen IWL. I was certain it would. But my SC proved me wrong. ^^

#106:  Author: xx521xx PostPosted: Sat 04 Nov, 2006
    ----
Toilets in my dreams are usually normal. Sometimes something stange happens involving them... like one time, I had to flush some clothes down a toilet. eh But the toilets themselves are normal.

There was just one time where privacy was an issue... one day after waking up early, I was imagining a scenario which eventually turned into a dream. At about the time it became a dream, I went into the bathroom, and the door was brightly colored and translucent! I closed it, but when I looked away and then back, the door had vanished and there was a similar door of a different color! This repeated a few times, then I finally succeeded in closing a door that didn't disappear... and I didn't even use the toilet, I just went straight to washing my hands.

#107:  Author: Dr Frankenstein PostPosted: Mon 06 Nov, 2006
    ----
Well, I remember having a dream recently where public toilets were either broken/unbearably dirty, or either the hiding panels were like... 1 foot high, so unsuitable. The worst is that I had a harem of boys following me and staring at me. No way to pee in peace...

#108:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Mon 06 Nov, 2006
    ----
lach1 I had VIP toilets in one of my dreams last night. They were higher than the other toilets in the toilet block and if you were sat on them you could look over the door

#109: Bathrooms, Toilets!! Author: Dream Dragon PostPosted: Thu 21 Dec, 2006
    ----
I'm starting to notice a lot of my dreams contain a bathroom with a toilet! The last one I remember I was in a bathroom trying to crush tiny little vermin (mice, weird shaped) with a towel because I didn't have any insect spray, yet alone anything that would actually work on mice haha. I even remember the feeling of crushing them with the towel in my hands. Eww... I wasn't even lucid or anything.

I think I forgot to mention the state of that bathroom; it was so faul (piss/wee all over the ground)!

!~ ZoMG stop with the bathroom scenes, my silly dreams! ~!

EDIT: WOOT I never expected there to be a giant topic on this LOL! But i'm relieved for this to be more common than I thought.

#110:  Author: Mickis PostPosted: Fri 22 Dec, 2006
    ----
The last dream I had about a bathroom was me using this public restroom, where there were like 6 toilets in the same room, and all the walls were seethrough! This didn't bother me so much, though. I had to pee so I sat down and did my business.

What bothered me was when Gary Busey came in and started yelling at me. overspannen Seriosuly, of all the places to run into that guy, sitting on the can would be my last pick! eek2

#111:  Author: Dream Dragon PostPosted: Fri 22 Dec, 2006
    ----
LOL .. sorry if this is spam but what you wrote Mickis is just FUNNY!

#112:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Thu 03 May, 2007
    ----
Well my weird toilets got me lucid last night. I noticed the toilet seat was on the wrong way around .. the hinge was at the front

Quote:
In the toilet, the door handle was the same as the one's at 104 . The bolt catch was faulty .. it pinged off completely while I was trying to bolt it. Now I approached the toilet .. the toilet seat was the wrong way around, the hinge was at the front. I sat down on it anyway and started to 'spend a penny'. Then I started to think and 'the penny dropped' [i]It is a dream! mm I am dreaming!

for full version .. Toilets, Toilets, Toilets Part 13

#113:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Sat 06 May, 2017
    ----
10 year bump

In Toilets, Toilets, Toilets Part 30

I'm in a public toilets. It is PUBLIC, there are 3 or 4 toilets in a long room with no dividing walls. I don't feel embarrassed or exposed.

#114:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Sat 06 May, 2017
    ----
notify This topic exists?! Now I know where to put all my gross toilet dreams.

#115:  Author: En'enra PostPosted: Sat 06 May, 2017
    ----
:D

In yesterday's dream, there was such an epic shower cabin in my bathroom. It had a chair similar to the one you see at a dentist's in it, and a control panel with lots of buttons that controlled water pressure, LED lights' color and intensity, the direction of the water stream, and it had a massage function... I tried all the buttons but I didn't get to use it fully because eventually the bathroom turned into a classroom in which I was fighting some shadow people with fire magic. cry

#116:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 07 May, 2017
    ----
In my dreams, whatever I usually do immediately after waking is likely to appear in false awakenings. e.g. I "wake up", write my dream journal, head into the bathroom to take a shower, then realise I'm still dreaming.

From reading other people's dream journals, it seems that people who have frequent gender TF's in dreams can suffer doubt as to which bathroom they are supposed to be using. "I need to go to the bathroom.. wait, what gender am I?" I don't know if the way US politics has recently made a big issue about bathrooms is influencing this kind of dream.

If we're talking about showers, as opposed to toilets, I think there's sometimes an erotic aspects in my dreams: "OMG, I'm taking a shower with Kaji-san <snip>" What can I say, other than I've watched too much anime.

26 Aug 2016 - Pregnancy test
4 Nov 2016 - Spa

#117:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Tue 09 May, 2017
    ----
Yay! I finally read through the whole topic. Now I can finally reply.

Public bathrooms in my dreams are never dirty. They tend to be clean, but they are usually very large and maze-like. I've never gotten trapped in a bathroom in a dream, but I have gotten lost and confused. Looking for an open toilet tends to be a problem too, but I tend to always find one. Stalls tend to be their own separate rooms.

In one dream, the bathroom was very cramped and small. Even the entrance to it was basically just a row of bricks missing in the wall you had to squeeze through. There were some people just hanging out in that bathroom, since it was like a secret hideout place.

Home bathrooms aren't usually messed up, although good things seldom happen when they appear in my dreams. Weird mirror stuff has happened, the room can end up dark, and even once while in my house's bathroom in a dream I started to wet the bed (fortunately I woke up before the floodgates were truly opened ). In the last dream I had with a home bathroom, I was trying to vomit into the toilet but it wasn't working and I ended up actually gagging as I woke up.

And also, in one dream I was going through a bathroom-related gender crisis, like Susan_Y mentioned.

#118:  Author: KocoBassa PostPosted: Tue 09 May, 2017
    ----
Come to think of it, the only bathrooms I have ever seen in dreams is the one in my current home that I use the most. They're never dirty (Not necessarily clean but not horrible either) - but weird things do happen in them eh

#119:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Fri 20 Jul, 2018
    ----
A little off topic. But we had the bath, pedestals and toilets replaced today. During the works, I couldn't resist looking into the empty small room to re-enact all those dreams where the toilet is missing. Did a few RCs afterwards just incase. :D

#120:  Author: sunnyadruza PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct, 2018
    ----
Toilets are often dark & dirty in my dreams cry cry grrr ,but not always though... colgate

#121:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec, 2018
    ----
this might be my favorite thread because i have weird toilet dreams all the time, especially for public bathrooms!

examples include:

-toilets or floor are very dirty
-toilet is covered in cloth or something else blocking it
-public bathroom where walls are missing
-public bathroom where every stall is being used, for all eternity
-two toilets per stall (and one is being used)
-two stalls per toilet (the toilet is very wide and someones using the other end)
-maze-like stalls where i have trouble getting to a toilet
-toilets are a shape too strange to use safely
-not sure if strange shape object is supposed to be a toilet or a sink or what

sometimes i dont care and am not embarrassed about the lack of privacy or strangeness, and sometimes i do. most often i wonder if its rude to use a connected stall when one toilet is in use, or something like that. theres never any lines and i never think to just wait until someone finishes up, like in a real bathroom.

i try to do an rc every time i go to a bathroom. its easy when im at home but i have a harder time remembering when im out and about, especially in a new place.

#122:  Author: Hallstrom PostPosted: Thu 06 Dec, 2018
    ----
I too have this reccurring theme in my dreams. Bathrooms/toilets are always difficult to find and/or very weird, but never dirty.
Walls are often missing or transparent, and sometimes the floor is tilted at a steep angle or the toilet itself has a bizarre shape.
Quite often the toilet is not in a bathroom at all, but in a large room with stairs and several doors that can't be locked.

LD4all » the Stuff Dreams are made of...

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com