Logging On To Chat
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
LD4all » Helpdesk

#1: Logging On To Chat Author: Guest PostPosted: Thu 02 Sep, 2004
    ----
I have been able to sign on to the room for some time. But today when I tried to sign on it gave me this problem where it said something about files and then when the chat loads it says 'Unable to Connect: Null' Is there any obvious explanation to this problem?

#2:  Author: downward~spiral PostPosted: Thu 02 Sep, 2004
    ----
By the way. I am the one that sent that, I don't know why it showed up as guest.

#3:  Author: DreamAddict PostPosted: Thu 02 Sep, 2004
    ----
this seems to be an occasional problem ... "Unable to Connect: Null"

Have you tried again? ... it seems I have had this problem before but it soon corrects itself.

What browser are you using? are you behind a firewall?

#4:  Author: downward~spiral PostPosted: Fri 03 Sep, 2004
    ----
Well, I was using Internet Explorer. But I tried on Netscape and was able to get in fine. I tried many times. But I was going to get Netscape anyways because of the tabbed browsing so its not really a problem now. Thanks anyways though.

#5:  Author: fflarex PostPosted: Sun 12 Sep, 2004
    ----
Alright I'm having the same problem here, but I don't have Netscape nor is it in my power to get Netscape because I access the internet through someone else's computer. Is there any other explanation? I've tried several times over the last month with no success and finally decided to ask...

#6:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 12 Sep, 2004
    ----
is that computer behind a firewall?

#7:  Author: fflarex PostPosted: Sun 12 Sep, 2004
    ----
I'm not sure. How would I find out?

(I'm not very computer-literate if you haven't figured that out yet)

#8:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 12 Sep, 2004
    ----
i don't know how you could figure it out... maybe DA or somebody else comes by who can explain that.

i suspect there is a firewall involved - but i cannot help you further, sorry.

#9:  Author: Tomas PostPosted: Mon 13 Sep, 2004
    ----
just use a irc client like mirc or xchat instead.. The info is: irc.chat4all.org port 6669 channel #ld4all

Javairc clients is buggy anyways, so a real irc client is usually much more stable. smile

#10:  Author: milod789 PostPosted: Mon 13 Sep, 2004
    ----
What browser are you using. I use AOL and can log on fine. If AOL will work with anything will.

Weird glitches come up no and then. You might have to keep trying. You should be able to tell if you are behind a fire wall by looking at the bottom right of the screen. If you put the curser over each icon it will tell you what each one is. If there is a firewall on that computer there should be an icon for it there.

#11:  Author: fflarex PostPosted: Mon 13 Sep, 2004
    ----
It worked! Earlier today I discovered that I did indeed have a firewall, but it still didn't work when I disabled it. But now I got it to work by actually closing the entire firewall down instead of just disabling it.

#12:  Author: milod789 PostPosted: Mon 13 Sep, 2004
    ----
Since you have a firewall you most likely have to set it to allow java applets and maybe scripts as well.

#13:  Author: TimeLess PostPosted: Thu 16 Sep, 2004
    ----
ident server running on port 113.....

stupid school why cant i get onto the chat room lol, what does that mean anywayz is my school blocking me from getting to the chat.... maybe i canfind that port and break it... yer that will fix it tounge2

and i have had that null problem as well....but once again only at school.

stupid school

#14:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Thu 14 Oct, 2004
    ----
I have a spare at school and id love to go to the chat here...but i cAnT. Every time try to connect it says "NULL" .............Y???!!! CAn it be the settings on the pc at school? Ive tryed going to the interenet options and taht anc changing what i can, but it still doenst make a diff. Ive also changed the cookie settings but of course tehy make no diff. So can any1 help me??! Im really frustrated that i cant get on. Oh and btw, i cant download anything on any of tehj pcs at school!..so downloading mirc wont help me ....is tehre any other way?

ID REALLY AppreCIATe Some help PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

#15:  Author: Kat PostPosted: Thu 14 Oct, 2004
    ----
That wa sMy post just now -_- hehe

LD4all » Helpdesk

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 12
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com