Logging On To Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
LD4all » Helpdesk

#151:  Author: Ghosteh PostPosted: Wed 29 Jun, 2011
    ----
Looks like the ISP is banned due to floodbots, are you possibly in a school network or something?

#152:  Author: Puce PostPosted: Wed 29 Jun, 2011
    ----
Nope, I'm at home alright.

Edit: I can connect normally now.

#153:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011
    ----
I would like to specify that only the channels #ld4all and #dreamtime on chat4all belong to this site. Other channels, such as #lounge and #help, have nothing to do with LD4all. Asking questions about lucid dreaming in those channels is probably not very effective. 8P

#154:  Author: glypheye PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011
    ----
LOL! Good luck getting in there...I, personally, took the path-less-traveled and finally made it in after much weeping and gnashing of teeth...but, then again, I'm a moron when it comes to navigating the cyber-aether, first to admit.

I recommend lots of RC's from within and upon approach...cause its definitely weird in there (in a good way siiw )

#155:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Wed 04 Jul, 2012
    ----
The mod team has had no other choice than to place a very wide ranged ban to catch an abusive user. sadblauw If anybody find themselves affected by the ban, please PM me or another mod, and an exception will be placed.

#156:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2012
    ----
GHOSTIE11 wrote:
Looks like the ISP is banned due to floodbots, are you possibly in a school network or something?

Hmm... Could this be why I've been having such difficulty with connecting to the chat via both the onsite Java applet and IceChat on my computer??

I am running on a school wide network now, and it works sometimes and then randomly just gives out and won't let me back on...

#157:  Author: GreenDragon PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2012
    ----
It's hard to say what the cause could be without error messages of some description. It could just be a problem with your schools network or a traffic shaping measure causing it to drop your connection. If you have a banned message or a certain disconnect message you can post, we can start to establish the probable causes.

#158:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2012
    ----
I'm getting a Java socket exception, Connection Refused. Sounds like I'm being blocked. And this only happens at my school.

Full Details here:
Quote:
Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect

#159:  Author: Ghosteh PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2012
    ----
That error seems like either a problem with the Java, or the network you have can block the IRC server (or other way around)

#160:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2012
    ----
Well I know it's not a problem with Java. I get on all the time at my house with no issue. That error only occurs here on campus. The school could be blocking the IRC, yet that doesn't make sense either. Why do I have access some times and then not others with no conceivable pattern??

Sigh.. I guess that just means I won't be doing much roleplay this WG..

Here's a little more reason why I think IRC may be blocking my schools IP.

Error Log From IceChat wrote:
[14:08] ->> Attempting to connect to irc.chat4all.org on port 6667
[14:08] ->> Socket Error: 10061 : Connection is forcefully rejected (Server)
[14:08] ->> Goto http://www.icechat.net/socket for more Socket Error Information
[14:08] ->> Connection closed from irc.chat4all.org

It says it is forcefully rejected by the server, so I'm thinking chat4all isn't letting me in. I could be wrong, but this is just my reasoning.

And curiously, I got connected to irc.qeast.net on port 6667.. I'm just confused, and saddened.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

#161:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec, 2012
    ----
The US server is down. If somebody has trouble connecting to chat, it is possible to connect to the EU server directly with /server eu.chat4all.org (or the command your client uses for connecting to servers)

#162:  Author: Fate PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec, 2012
    ----
Thank you, I thought my connection/client was borked somehow.
Edit: EU seems to have problems as well.

#163: Problem with forums Author: yu d 777 PostPosted: Sat 12 Jan, 2013
    ----
I am unable to post to forums..any suggestions ..I joined today and what is needed in order to post?//

#164:  Author: squoak PostPosted: Sat 12 Jan, 2013
    ----
You just posted on the fourms. Looks like you solved your problem on your own.

#165:  Author: Nickolas1996 PostPosted: Tue 25 Mar, 2014
    ----
Hey I cant get on to the chat if anyone knows how to get around this that'd be great im using google chrome but it says the same thing for internet explorer: Application blocked by security settings.. not sure how id go about unblocking the app.

LD4all » Helpdesk

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
Page 11 of 12
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com