How is LD in your language?

I am just curious how people say “Lucid dream” in other languages, or if there are any nicknames for it in English?

Ok, so in my mother tongue Lucid dream means “lucidní sen:eek:
Guess what language that is and add another one if you can :cool:

The most used expression in norway is ‘klare drømmer’. I have also seen ‘bevisste drømmer’ :cool:

This must look like i am writing a sms, to my coworker :cool:

In swedish “klara drömmar” “lucida drömmar” “medvetna drömmar”

Finnish “selkounet” “selväunet”

So translated that would be “clear dreams” lucid dreams" :tongue: and “conscious dreams” And I’m thinking all languages use the same basic words to describe lucid dreams.

lol@siiw :grin:

in dutch: lucide dromen - the word lucid was actually coined by a dutch poet.

otherwise : bewuste dromen

hradska: i guess you are polish or tsech?

Czech :grin:

In arabic:

Lucid dream = Hulum Safee (clear dream)
Conscious dream = Hulum Wa3ee (3 = 'ayn like Hebrew Ayin)

In French :
Lucid dream = rêve lucide
Conscious dream = rêve conscient

I like this thread, Hradska ! Very good idea ! :smile: But what a pity that it is in the Playground :sad: It will disappear in few days. Could a mod move it in a permanent forum ?

in the playground things only disappear after a month of inactiveness - but you are right, I have moved this into the lounge.

In Polish - hard to translate ‘lucid’…
We have “swiadomy sen” = conscious dream, or “jasny sen” = bright, clear dream. But it’s too long and doesn’t sound ‘catchy’, so we often say just ‘LD’.

There is no fitting word for “lucid” in Norwegian either. I catch myself thinking “LD” a lot, too :cool:

Actually, in Arabic it is: الحلم الواضح.

Lol

In estonian…

Lucid dream - kirgas unenägu; lutsiidne unenägu

Concious dreaming - teadvustatud unenägemine

To add what Freeborn said, then

Selge unenägu - clear/lucid dream

Btw, “unenägu” - “dream” means literally “face of sleep” :tongue:

:happy: that too! but few here can read that. (it says Al-Hulum Al-Wadeh)

In german it´s also “clear dream” and “lucid dream”. However, lucid :smile:luzide) is a word that is very uncommon, so I only use it when speaking about LDing.

One little interesting thing:
We got “klarer Traum” and “Klartraum”. If you say it “clear dream”, it just means a vivid dream. To indicate that it was a lucid dream you have to use it as one word “cleardream”.

I never heard the term “counscious dream”, although some people probably use it.

In hip-hop terms it’s ‘Luciddle D to the Ream’ which roughly translates (according to R Kelly) to ‘I believe I can fly’

We don’t really like to talk about that though, best left a forgotten memory (is that a contradiction - forgotten memory?) :tongue:

I don’t know if you can see the Turkish characters but it is “Açık Rüya” in Turkish. “Açık” means clear and “rüya” means, well, dream :wink:

I’m an English Speaker, but it’ll be good for me to learn it in Russian :razz:

ясная мечта = clear dream (transliteration: yásniya méhchta)
(btw, transliterations suck!..because I’m a lanugage major)

-Amé

In Latvian it would be skaidrais sapnis (clear/lucid dream) or apzinātais sapnis (conscious dream)

I actually never say the norwegian terms for LD. I just either say LD or “Luside drømmer” to stay as close to the english term without screwing the norwegian.

(Siiw, er dette komplett idiotisk av meg?)