Hitchhikers guid to the galaxy..Movie

Theres going to be a movie based on the book Hitchhiker guid to the galaxy, it will be out this summer, I cant wait.

Heard this ages ago. But I’ve never read the book, so I’m not all that excited :wink:.

are they only doing the first book, or are they trying to squeeze in the whole series?

great! :happy:

Just read this :smile: On the website you can see a few preview images… Marvin looks a lot diffrent then I imagined him… he look’s too iPod-esque…

I can’t wait for this one! Martin Freeman (aka Tim from “The Office”) is going to be playing Arthur Dent :happy:

damn! can’t wait til its out. greatest book i’ve read

reminds me of when i tried to do a bookreport on this book, damn, i failed in less than 5 secs, how the fuck do you explain it?!?!

You apologize for the inconvenience.

I remember seeing the BBC version on DVD when they made the TV series. That rocked, though, I’m not sure they’ll make a good film. Films never seem to live up to books.

I heard they are not just doing the first book but instead kind of taking some from each and adding a lot, I think most of the script was written by Adams.

@ Sureal: You really should read the books, it is my favorite series of all time.

I’ve never liked watching movies based on books that I’ve read, but I have a feeling that it won’t really mess up how I interpret the book like a lot of other movies have.

Sureal … the BBC produced the radio version of “The Hitchhiker’s Guide” before the books were published. You may like to try and get audio tapes or CDs of it. They are brilliant … much better than the books, or TV series

Yeah, the radio one rocked.

I haven’t actually heard the radio series, but I bought a kind of biography about Adams a while ago, it talks a lot about the radio series and has some scripts from it. Maybe I should pick up some tapes.

I read the books and I’m excited to see the movie. I hope they don’t try to clump all three together, though. I’d rather they make 3 really good movies that follow the book. looks up at enflamed computer use in the back row (Yiesh! Put a lid on that potty mouth!)

Anyway, I should check out imdb and see what kind of line-up they have for characters. As soon as I saw the first advertisement for it, I knew exactly what it was and started laughing, though it confused my b/f who had no idea.

Yeah 42!

-Amé

The BBC series and the books are 100000etc * better then the movie.

And Marvin isn’t depressing enough!!!

I haven’t seen the movie… this was my dad’s favorite book he hounded me for years to read it.

Isn’t it out already?