computer games

I think I play too much computer games because when I’m dreaming I sometimes see everything like it was a first person shooter game like half-life or somthing and I have a weapons.
But it’s fun though because I can just shoot someone I don’t like and I can’t die if I’m cheating! :smile:

but equally, what are you going to do?

there’s a new game coming out called Psychonauts… where u have to explore inside of the guys mind. I can’t wait till it comes out.

… what’s he going to do about what?

what is DavidYarrow talking about?

I have had the same thing happen many times. Only my dreams turn into RPG’s. My genre of choice. It always amazes me how I will actually become part of a game, but still not have the sense to realize I am dreaming.

hehe…I don’t play that much, but I once found myself in the counter-strike map de_aztec in an LD. I Didn’t have any weapons or eqiupment though. It was just the setting :smile:

Edit:
I almost forgot… one of my very first LDs was “inspired” by a computer game as well: I’d been playing some first-person-shooter for hrs before I went to sleep. The next morning I realised I was dreaming while I was sitting up in a three with a machine gun in my hands… vietnam style. :roll:

Hah, this happens to me all the time. Literally every night. I’ve dreamt that i was a skulk in natural selection ran around and bit everyone. It’s weird that i thought it was for real while i was dreaming.

I’ve even dreamt of games I don’t like. Like for a couple of days ago, i dreamt that I was an orc in WoW.

I don’t play computer games all that often, but there are times in the past where if I played them for a few hours before bed, I’d dream I was in the game. Of course, the same can be said if I write papers too long…which ends up being much less fun.

Oh, this has happened to me a few times as well. Usually I have to go around collecting random objects lying on the floor waiting to be picked up, which can then be used to aid me in the future. Once I even dreamt I had to go on quests and help as many people as I could, no matter how strange their goals were (ie, saving a talking duck from being killed by a butcher!). And I don’t play that many computer games, really.

I do the same thing, I’ve always that that story plot dream goal since I was a kid (before computer games). You can go interesting places if you play along :wink: ; I guess that’s my excuse.

When I want a nightmare I play a bit of silent hill before I go to sleep,FUN!

Yeah, once I played GTA on my friend’s PC and the following night I had an odd dream. I dreamt that I was in my living room and started to frantically throw grenades. One of the grenade’s clips caught hold of the sleeve of my shirt. I tried to shake it off, but it woudln’t budge.
tick…
tick…
tick…
BOOOM
There goes my arm! :shy:

This happens to me on occasions, too. I’ve dreamed that I was an alien on Halo 2, and that I was playing WoS. I actually dreamed about WoS three times in one night! :wink:

I’ve dreamt that I was in a Pokémon game, sadly I woke up before I got any pokémon… :sad:
I have also dreamt about Spyro the Dragon and Final Fantasy.
Video game dreams are not that common for me though.

I stopped playing World of Warcraft because I was traumatized in my dreams by Hord raids in Auberdine. I was always dreaming about that (too much people, lags and PC screen freezing, I’m dead, etc.)it was really lobotomizing me!

I have video game dreams all the time, but i cant remeber them clearly. (i hope in the future that will change :grin: )most of them were really fun, but i have had a few bad ones. i remeber once operation somekind of computer device and it exploded in my face and threw me into the air, i also had a dream i was playing teenage mutant ninja turtles and i was tring to defeat shreader but then eventually my turtle died, but by pressin my finger on the screen i could make my turtle float into the air and drop him onto shreader. But after a while he reached his hands out of the screen and pulled me upp close to him(on the screen) and said IF U DONT STOP ILL…!! and i woke upp :eek:

I’ve had similar occurences excep mine are in RPG format because thats what I ussually play.

My dreams usually aren’t related whatsoever to my computer games…except they might have a few elements such as an Dream Object/DC reminding me of the game. I do dream up of strategies, but these are rarely LDs.

As much as I’ve liked dreaming about video games, I really don’t want to anymore. I kind of miss the old-fashioned dreams since video game dreams have been what I’ve often been dreaming.