meditation

i try meditation sometimes, nothing serious, just experimenting, like in class. it’s nice becuase after a couple of minutes when i open my eyes everything seems more vivid and clear. also the mucscles in my face feel funny like if blink i can really feel it.

anyone else try meditation? i’d like to pm or somthing

Yeah, I sometimes meditate, but that’s a big sometimes. If I did it more, I would probably feel a bit more energetic and clear than usual.
When I find the time, it’s usually a task I want to perform that I meditate on, like Lucid Dreaming for example.

navaching.com/hawkeen/micro.html

this is a great site well worth reading through, i’d start with the very beginning when it talks about physiology, but this meditation method claims that it is somewhat easy to do and greatly enhances lucid dreaming and visualization.

i’ve had problems meditating in the past. i’ve often times got a terrible time keeping focus. Strangely enough my first lucid dream was induced by an attempt at meditation. I went into a nice quiet room, sat in a comfortable position and cleared my mind of all thoughts focusing on a point about three to four feet in front of me while focusing on my breathing. i then fell asleep! lol and then all of a sudden it hit me!“i’m not susposed to be sleeping!! i am supposed to be medita- oh wait i am dreaming… eh, close enough.”
i was completely aware i was dreaming, and was in an incredible state of mind and in an incredibly bizzare place as well! (ever see the beatles “yellow submarine” cartoon?) it was one of the more calming and joyful expiriences in my life. unfortunately i have been unable to recreate this expirence.
;o)

Heh heh, sounds pretty cool.
Maybe I should try meditating to induce a WILD or something :content:

Don’t know how to medidiate, any help, I’d be glad! :shy:

Simple really. Dont Think!
lol well, bit more complicated then that.
meditation is achieved by stopping thought proccesses, entirely clearing your mind of all thoughts… this is how i do it:
I go to a quiet room or place (crucial! distractions are a no go) where i can be left alone for a while, sit in a comfortable chair (back straight) or meditave posture (indian style works) place my hands in my lap and relax, i feel all the tension leaving my body. i pic a spot on the wall, my foot, a candle, the tape that holds my poster on my wall… anything, just some spot about 1 meter from my face that i can focus on, i stare on only that one spot. i then begin to focus on my breathing, making sure i do not entertain any lingering thoughts that may be randomly popping into my head. i breath in for ten seconds hold momentarily and breath out for fifteen seconds. breathing in and taking all the good energy into my body, breathing out and letting all the bad energy out of my body. and before i know it! i am not thinking any more.
you can meditate on ideas, places, people, sounds, (waves, rain, lightening! or maybe music (calm music, lol) whatever you want! when i meditate i like to picture myself on a desert mountaintop at night watching all the desert bloom and all the life of the desert. its quite beautiful. (home sweet home)

hope i was some help to you, best of luck friend!

Huh, that’s weird. I never knew how to meditate before, but after reading your explanation I find myself imagining things like that… just because they help me relax and it feels nice. (ex. breath in good anergy, breath out bad energy) Other than that, I was thinking about asking that question myself. Helpful! Thanks.

I read in “Control Your Dreams” that people who meditate experience an incredible amount of lucid dreams compared to the non-mediator. Yesterday it was quiet enough in the house for me to meditate for the first time for 20 minutes. It went by pretty fast, and I felt sooo relaxed after. If only I could have my own seperate room for mediating!

Oh yeah, I saw a show on Balance (a TV show about health here in Canada) on meditating. I’ll look it up and post the link. It was very useful, though when I first saw it I was just beginning my in-depth research on lucid dreaming. Actually, I think I had just joined the forum. :happy:

Aight, I couldn’t find a transcript of the episode. But they provided an external link to meditationcenter.com/ which is pretty good. :smile:

Meditation is great for lucid dreaming! Most of my WILDS were achieved through meditation or self hypnosis. You can also use meditation for MILD as well by entering a meditative state then repeating your MILD mantra then going to sleep.

Meditation is not a requirement for lucid dreaming but it is a big plus.

Right, I definately have to start meditating more :smile:
I saw a TV show about NDEs, which stated that people who have had mystical experiencs, meditate, practise Tai Chi, etc., seem to have red blood cells with a longer life span that the blood cells of people who don’t do these things, so Lucid Dreaming aside, mediation is just down right good for you :grin:

Tai Chi is amazing man!!! I discovered “P.M. Chi for Beginners” and the first time I tried it (in the middle of the day) I could actually feel the energy when doing certain moves (Master someone Sweeps The Water) Like I felt the resistance. What’s more, it totally, totally mellows you out!! I’d highly recommend it. :smile: I feel all tingly after I do it.

If you want more meditation articles, go to www.balancetv.ca and search for “meditation.” :good:

Thanks for the link :smile:

Yeah Tai Chi works great. Especially in a LD :smile:
One remark though about meditation: its purpose is not to stop your thoughts, but to let them be (even your intention of letting it be :tongue: ). Observe them, let them arise and disappear inside your mind without getting attached to it. Very difficult, so practicing a lot is very important. Once you’re detached from your thoughts, they’ll have the tendency to disappear naturally. If you force them to vanish, it will usually have the opposite effect: you’ll be MORE attached to them instead of less so instead of make them go away they’ll just get stronger and stronger. Don’t force them but let them be. If you have lots of repetitive thoughts, don’t get distracted by them, but observe them and let them be just as they are. Everything is fine during every moment, so why force them to act otherwise. What matters is your attachment to them. And to handle that you don’t need to change your thoughts, but yourself. The rest will then take care of themselves…

Like everybody always says, mind is a muscle, or rather a complex muscle group…
meditation helps to build some of the same mind muscles( :content: heh) that LD uses and requires.
meditation helps you to control your mind, so why shouldnt it help you to control your dreams also?
I would say its a part of a well balanced lucid dreaming breakfa- ehrm…expirience up there with dream journals and reality checks.

That sounds like Transcendental Meditation. I thought you were supposed to completely let your thoughts go and only be aware of yourself and/or visualize a bright light above your head entering your body. I guess there are all types of meditations though. I think I’ll try TM next time cos I didn’t like thinking “Shhh!” or “Go away!” every time a thought popped up. :astral: I didn’t know Tai Chi was good for lding, I just thought it looked cool. :happy: I’ll have to try harder to memorize the evening run so I can do it by my bed right before I hop in.

I never did TM, but yeah there are lots of types of meditations…
I didn’t say Tai Chi was good for LDing. I don’t know… But it’s great to do it while in a LD :smile:

From that I assumed you meant Tai Chi worked great outside of a dream since you distinguish that it is also good in an LD. :wink:

'Though it wasn’t an LD, I did dream this morning of doing the horse stance (tucking in your tailbone and bringing your chin back to line up your spine) and as soon as I did that and touched the tongue to the roof of my mouth I experienced incredibly strong physical sensations in my dream!! If only it was an LD it would have been 1000 times better!!!

I completely agree!

Even if you can only practice meditation 2x a day for just 20 -30 minutes, you will notice a big improvement in your lucid dreaming. I suggest meditating once during the day and once at bedtime.

i just saw a documentary where they where talking about transcendental meditation, sounds interesting.

I recently started doing my breathing/meditation exercise again in the morning - it is a yoga exercise - you breathe in through left nostril count 2 , hold breath (close both nostrils), count 8, breathe out through right nostril, count 4, breathe in right nostril, count 2, hold breath close both nostrils, count 8, breathe out through left nostril, count 4, breathe in throug left nostril count 2, etc - do that for about 15 minutes.

I just saw a documentary on bbc world about TM and stress reducing. They said that the body has an innate relaxation response that you can call forth by repetition and focus. Most meditation techniques have that. You either focus on your breathing or counting or object.

explorations.tv/program_stress.html