EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

LD-ing heridiraty?

Author  Message 

PostPosted: Wed 24 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

My mother claims that she has experienced many LDs in her lifetime but does not try to control things that happen to her. She is quite interested in this topic and wears magnetic rings to sleep etc. No she isn't crazy, but she would like to live a long life.

Wolf
Pshy psh psh...
just the colored stars
Wolf has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 183+

PostPosted: Fri 18 Nov, 2005  Reply with quote

I have a very small family, so it's hard to tell with me. Neither of my parents remember their dreams or even give an effort to, so I have no clue about either of them. My aunt, who I get my humor and good nature from, has slightly better recall and has had a few LDs before. (without trying any techs)

That doesn't give much of an explaination, so I guess it's not too much help. Ahh well...

maxdamage
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

Basilus West, by natural LDers, what do you mean? Does the fact that I used to LD when I was younger, having around 4-5 in total (hope I remember correctly), make me a natural? Right now, I'm using techs to induce LDs, as I haven't been experiencing them for a while.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

Quote:
Does the fact that I used to LD when I was younger, having around 4-5 in total (hope I remember correctly), make me a natural?

I think so. But some people use to have much more LD's naturally.

Redifin
One Strange Dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: 33

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

Me and my father and his father. So yea.

Current LD goal(s): I want to get better DR and have LDs again..it's been so long!
Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

My father doesn't give a damn to dreams, mom says she used to have LOTS of LDs at my age.

kol
plebian
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2005  Reply with quote

My grandpa was the one who got me into it. He told me some of the ancient tech's and beliefs of natives and aboriginals. He said he learned about it in australia.. about looking at the moon and convincing himself he was dreaming. thats what i did for my first ld :D
but yeah i guess since alot of our preferences and interests come from our elders, theres probably something linked to lucid dreaming.

pow155
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

I don't know if its heridiraty or not. My mom can remember her normal dream vividly, but she never had LD. My dad don't know what's he's dreaming about and didn't have any LD before. I try to tell them about LD, and they say its impossible.

Sonia
COOKIE MONSTER
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

It's so nice that some people are learning about lucid dreams from family members! yes I don't really talk about dreams as much with my parents, so I don't know for sure what their take on dreams is. Every once in a while I talk about them with my father, and I remember one occasion when he told me about a dream he had and what it symbolized to him. As for LDs, I only learned about them from a Reader's Digest article...I'd have to ask my parents if they have "ever known they were dreaming."

quantum physics
paranoid conspirator
Astral Explorer
LD count: 42

PostPosted: Thu 16 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

my dad thinks its cool but my mom thinks im a sketch lol

That_Matt_Boi
Extreme LDer Wannabe
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 03 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

Well, my mom said she LDed once just to get back into a dream she really wanted to finish. But I haven't been able to LD, so no I don't think it's hereditary for me.

Sepultura123
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Tue 25 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

My family all doesnt give a damn usually about dream , or they don't talk about it. There just one cousin of mine that a little interesting in them.

I never talk abour lucid dream or astral projection with my family but I think my mom know them because she have read many psychological and dream books and I think she hide some knowledge...

print