coma

i’ve always thought people in comas to be dreaming… do people in coma’s dream? do they LD? could they LD?
does anybody know anywhere i can look into this topic further?

thanks!

My mother’s a nurse and say’s they can still hear people, unless they’re brain-dead. I’d like to believe that people in comas go to a dream world that they can control and they have dream characters they can talk to.

I remember reading a manga where you see these two wacky characters going through this strange world and looking for their “doorways” or something. At the end, the girl finds hers, and when she walks through it, the reader sees her wake up in a hospital room. It turns out that the reason they were all looking for these doors because they wanted to wake up from their comas. I don’t have any certain answers, but I’d like to believe they’re not just lying there. Good question though.

In a coma, there is no REM.

Check out this topic: [Coma and LDing)

“In a coma, there is no REM.”

Ah, well. I suppose it is a sad situation. But it’s nice to know that they still have at least one sense.

No REM doesnt mean anything, they could hypothetically still be dreaming (nREM dreams).

Does anyone remember the TV show ‘Odyssey’? I think it may have been produced on shown only here in Canada. The show was about a kid who fell out of a tree fort when young and had been in a coma ever since and lived entirely through one big LD type subconciouss reality. His 3 best friends were characters both in the dream and in reality (but in the dream they had changed roles/names). The world that the dream takes place in is positively unreal. i’d love to suggest it to you all but I don’t know where the hell you’d find it.

What is nREM dreaming?

n REM is dreaming that occurs outside of REM sleep. REM sleep is where we do most of our dreaming but, in reality you can dream in other stages of sleep as well. When you have dreams in those other stages that is what we call non REM sleep/dreaming.

I think that when one is in a coma, one is actually out of his/her body and either doesn’t know how to come back, or doesn’t want to come back.

I’ve done a distance healing for a little girl in coma, and i could just talk to the girl, and she was very confused why everybody was so sad around her body, while she could see everybody, but could’t understand why nobody saw her.

Anyone ever read The Rising Stars of Manga ? I think it was volume 3, there was one manga that I just thought of now. It starts out with two quirky characters (assumedly bf/gf)
in an odd little fantasy world. The artist was only given twenty pages, so it was summed up pretty quick, with the characters reaching a door. The female realizes this is her ‘door’ or whatever, and the male says something like, ’ I hope I’ll see you again someday.’ and she tells him the first one she’ll look for is him. Up to this point,the reader is still in the dark as to what’s going on. She steps through the door, and the scene immediately changes to her lying in a bed, the door’s shadow reading “AMOC” on her. She immediately gets out of bed and walks out of the room, and goes to a room next door. She sits down next to the bed in there and holds the hand of the boy from her dream. The scene switches back out of the room and shows nurses and both of the doors read “COMA”.

Anyway, it was a short and simple, but that story just stuck with me. I think that comic made 10th place in that book, but I believe it deserved a higher ranking. Maybe I’m a little biased though, since I’ve always found dreams and psychology so fascinating. :tongue:

:peek: i split the distance healing questions into a new topic in Beyond Dreaming