day long lucidity

just thought i would share a little experiance i had lastnight. So like most nights i go into my lucid dream, everything was great as usual, i was also surprised at this particular ld because it seemed to be going on for longer than usual. Now dont get me wrong, lds are great but this one seemed to go on forever, in dream time i would have measured it for about 1-2 days. There was even a point in this ld where i was getting freaked out, cuz i couldnt wake up! I almost thought that I was igoing to be stuck in this ld. Anyone eles have an experiance with a ld that went on for s little to long

1-2 days sounds like it would be pretty cool. Some people claim to have been in LD’s that felt like years. It seemed very unbelievable to me at first, and thought that maybe they were just exaggerating, but I guess I shouldn’t underestimate the power of LDs :tongue:… A year seems like way too long, but a day or two would be nice. My LDs never seem to be as long as I’d like them to be. You should learn some ways to wake yourself up, in case you ever get “stuck” in an LD again and want to get out. Try going to sleep while in the dream, or closing and opening your eyes.

My problem is I can’t get my LD’s to be long enough!!! So I envy you :wink:

Personaly, i think i would enjoy being lucid for 1-2 days, but i bet it’ll be scary as **** if you cant wake up, being trapped in your own mind.
But still, in LD’s you can just think about something and you get it, right? You should try thinking of a big, red button or something like that, that makes you wake up when you press it. :smile:
Or you should just relax, and enjoy the dream :slight_smile:
Btw, what if you dream that you go to bed and fall asleep?
(Sorry if i was being annoying)

Hi basicm!
Did you write this LD down somewhere on the forum? I would like to know what it looked like…

My only fear of having a 1 to 2 day long LD would be the fear of waking up in a coffin after everyone thought I passed on or something weird.

When I was little and stuck in a nightmare, I would go to sleep in my dream. That woke me up for some reason, or at least put me in another scene. Best of luck! :thumbs:

Your dreams can only last as long as REM does. I just read this in EWLD (got it from the library today) Therefore, you won’t wake up dead, you’ll wake up within an hour clock-time. I think it’d be pretty cool to be in an LD that lasts so long. I’m up for it. :smile:

Hey basilus no I didnt write the ld down. if ur talking about writing the whole the dream down it would porbably take a really long time. but if u really want me to i probably could

I quess that reminding yourself that your physical body is sleeping in bed might reduce the fear of “not waking up”. But i dunno, maybe reminding yourself about your physical body too much might wake you up too early :neutral:

No you can also dream in nREM :smile:.

In a movie, you can give the feeling like years were past, though in real time, it only lasts 5 minutes. You may use flash backs, ellipses, off voices, rememberings, etc. I was just wondering if it was the same in your dream, or if all the events were very detailled. I don’t want that it takes you 5 days to write down your 2 days dream! :grin:

Haha, yes, yes, you’re right. But still, I don’t know why people are afraid of dying! I mean, your body still goes on functioning while you’re dreaming. I guess I’ve yet to be in that situation. :cool_laugh:

I had that feeling once when I had my longest (and most amazing LD yet). I was bouncing and fly around the city, and the thought occured to me: ‘Wow this dream has been going on for a while, I wonder if I’m stuck in it.’ Fortunately I dismissed that thought, as other things in the dream focused my attention elsewhere. Just remind yourself that you won’t get stuck in your dream, and just let it take its course. There is no rush, right?

i’m just going to guess that you dreamed over multiple REM periods, probably a few hours total… and you know, it just seemed substantially longer to you than the normal dreams would have, and couple that with how dreams present you with false memories and diluted senses of time, as well as “edit” scenes to give the illusion of time, and you could easily feel like you are dreaming for days.

i’ve only really experienced this once, many dreams within dreams only to wake up, know that 2 days or so had passed, then realize i was still dreaming.

it didn’t necessarily “feel” like days had gone by though, just in the plot of the dream they had.