Is there a cure for lethargy?

I’m always really lethargic, and because of this I find it very hard to do any work. Does anyone out there know of a way to ‘cure’ lethargy? Preferably one that doesn’t make too many changes to my life, as I’m fairly lazy. :razz:

Do you know if it’s caused by your diet? I suffer from anaemia, as I don’t eat red meat, and that causes me to be tired a lot. It’s been slightly better recently after I had an iron transfusion. But there are other diet-related causes of lethargy, too.

I don’t think that it’s anaemia, because I love red meat. It could be a diet thing, however if so I couldn’t say exactly what about my diet is lacking.

You might try exercising or doing/visiting/seeing something new. Are you under stress?

Yes, I’m always under stress. I never exercise, and I rarely leave the house. So thats probably it. Damn. I was hoping that it would be something easy to change.

yeah i know how you feel deperc. The way to cure lethargy is to become addicted to the endorphins that get released when you excersize. You’ll be healthier, and feel better every day. I have yet to meet a depressed runner, except for an injured one.

Yeah, I’m lazy too, but, don’t be drastic and run or anything… Just get out, climb trees, and do things you enjoy. Chances are, this change can start making you feel less comfortable just sitting all day, and feel a lot better about getting out. Hope it helps.

I should try getting out more. I just have to find the time, because I have exams coming up next week. :sad:

If its something as impartant as this, I would make the time. But lucky for you, it’s nothing a little reading, excersise, fresh air, etc wont fix. Once you start to notice a positive change, you’ll probably look foward to these things a litttle more as well :smile:

I too experienced that, but it was my health related issue and diet. I couldn’t keep awake at school and I actually fell asleep unintentionally and started dreaming within 5 min everyday at the class… teachers were like are you ok? It was weird… but somehow I changed my diet… less sugar and more meat and just basically watched out for myself then I suddenly improved. I don’t feel as sleepy like I was. shrugs I’m lucky I guess. :happy:

when you feel at your most tiredness during the day, simply go outside and walk for 15-20 minutes.

you can be lethargic while you walk and totally immerse yourself in thoughts and daydreams… walking is just as lethargic mentally as sitting around doing nothing really… but you’ll feel better afterwards.

Blood Type Diet beat the hell out of my lethargy. Now I feel like a million bucks. Now, if I actually had a million bucks, I’d feel like two million…

Nobody is so busy that they can’t afford to take a measly twenty minutes out of their evening to go for a quick run around the block. Twenty minutes doesn’t sound like much, especially if you’re a person who spends the vast majority of any given day sitting down, but it’s enough to give you a pretty good workout, and you’ll feel a lot better afterwards. If I’m ever feeling too lazy to go for a run in the afternoon, I just remind myself of how great I always feel when I get back, and it easier to make the effort. Once you get into a routine and run or work out (even just for a few minutes) each day, you’ll find that you’re not so opposed to being active during the rest of the day as well.

Yes, Athiest, you’re probably right. I’m just really lazy and I use exams as an excuse. I just can’t be bothered leaving the house. But I know that if I do exercise then I feel good, because the very few times that I have done proper exercise (out of my control btw :smile:) I enjoyed it a lot. It’s just getting the motivation to do it that’s the problem.

I can understand that. One technique that works for me when I don’t feel like doing things, is scheduling a time for them. For example, if I have to write a paper or something and I find that I keep putting it off, I’ll add it to a timeslot on my schedule. Say, 6pm on Saturday. Then as that time approaches, I know that I’ll have to stop whatever else I’m doing, and I’m fully prepared to get started as soon as it hits 6pm. I’m a person who likes to do things on a countdown, because I find it somehow motivates me. As an example, some friends and I went to a huge waterfall a few years ago for a swim, and the only way I could jump off the highest rock was if all the other guys counted down from five. It sounds stupid, but it really helps me to push aside my reservations and get on with the task at hand. It’s the same principal with this scheduling idea, because it gives me a countdown of hours, then minutes, until I know I have to “dive in”, so to speak. I never, ever put things off after I’ve assigned them a special time in this fashion.

That’s a good idea. I should try that. Thx. :smile:

I’d be more apathetic if I wasn’t so lethargic

what is lethargy???

Lethargy is when you feel sluggish, apathetic, have no motivation or will to do anything.

GINGER in hot water.

Everyday.

Cinnamon, and onions (not together) also help.

You just need to eat more warm foods (not peppers)

Also Astragalus 500mg everyday and dong quai everyday will help.

Dong guai is sometimes sold as a womens suppliment, but it benifits and warms the blood. Don’t feel discouraged to use it, it doesnt have a lot of plant estrogen like soy or anything.