The Signal

Hey. [how to keep yourself alert while attempting WILD]

Author  Message 
SiY
Moogle's Stalker.
Astral Explorer

Hey. [how to keep yourself alert while attempting WILD]
PostPosted: Tue 24 May, 2005  Reply with quote

Hey long time no...post. Some of you may remember me. Been away for a while with school and so on. Atm im doing my exams 8D . But i just wanted to post and say hello. Also has anyone got any tips on how to keep yourself alert while attempting WILD? I have time atm the attempt this as only a few times a week i have to be up early. Im going to attempt it with WBTB. But i fear like it has happened so many times before that i will just slip away.

Ive heard counting helps any other good tips?. Has there been any shockingly brilliant revelations on ways to induce LD's while ive been gone?

Skidzz
Oneirosaurus
Astral Explorer

Re: Hey.

C_mon wrote:
Has there been any shockingly brilliant revelations on ways to induce LD's while ive been gone?

eh

Dude, haven't you heard?! Stephen LeBarge and his research team developed a legal pill that aids in keeping you alert while facilitating the relaxation of the body!!! I and others have used them and they totally work. I had like, 5 crazy WILDs the first week! Go to http://www.lucidity.com/store/pills and get 'em for like, $10.

Or you could try the tight-wad method and just focus on your third eye, or count or some sort of minimal mental activity. I'm thinking of simple addition, and when you realize that 2+6 != 3 you can catch yourself nodding off.

[EDIT] Before this goes any further I was just being sarcastic. No pill. smile Sorry. I want to keep my reputation up, so I'm not going to be someone like... Darxide and his FOIL (more like FOOL!) method. wink5 LOL

Last edited by Skidzz on Tue 24 May, 2005; edited 1 time in total
Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

Wow, they have a pill now? That'd be worth a try, cause I'm reaaallllyy bad at WILDing lachgroen

EDIT- That link just took me to a page with the Nova Dreamer and nothing else, are you sure it's correct?

SiY
Moogle's Stalker.
Astral Explorer

Hmm.Lol.

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict

Yup, I was dooped by the pill ^^

Jack
Dream Diety
cookie lover

Please try to title your topics somehow informative.It saves lots of time to the potentiall readers.Thx:)

cindy
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I thought pill thing was funny.I wasn't duped but amused. wiske

Skidzz
Oneirosaurus
Astral Explorer

cindy wrote:
I thought pill thing was funny.I wasn't duped but amused. wiske

Haha, that's what I was goin' for. smile I actually just read in EWLD's nightmare section the effect of drugs on REM and that using drugs for pleasant LD's is something that he (Dr. LaBerge) plans on researching (if he hasn't begun already by now). Not that I'd take 'em. I'm 100% drug free! :D

Last edited by Skidzz on Tue 24 May, 2005; edited 1 time in total
Jack
Dream Diety
cookie lover

Good research!Finally we maybe will find out what substances cause nightmares.
So far we have just our " post your pics when you were little" thread:)

Skidzz
Oneirosaurus
Astral Explorer

Jack wrote:
Good research!Finally we maybe will find out what substances cause nightmares.
So far we have just our " post your pics when you were little" thread:)

LOL

He actually listed a few that are known already. You can find this on page 223 in EWLD:

Stephen LaBerge wrote:
Some factors that seem to contribue to nightmare frequency are illness (especially fever), stress [...], troubled relationships, and traumatic events, such as being mugged or experiencing a serious earthquake. Traumatic events can trigger a long-lasting series of recurrent nightmares.

Some drugs and medications can cause an increase in nightmares. The reason for this is that many drugs suppress REM sleep, producing a later effect of REM-rebound. If you go to sleep drunk, you may sleep quite soundly but dream little, until five or six hours into sleep. Then, the alcohol's effect has mostly worn off and your brain is prepared to make up for the lost REM time. As a result, you will dream more intensely than usual for the last few hours of your sleep time. The intensity is reflected in the emotionality of the dream, which often will be unpleasant.

There are a few drugs that seem to increase nightmares by increasing the activitity of some part of the REM system. Among these are L-dopa, used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease, and beta blockers, used by people with some heart conditions. Since research has shown that lucid dreams tend to occur during periods of intense REM activity, I believe that drugs that cause nightmares may also facilitate lucid dreaming. This is a topic I plan to research in years to come.

Keep in mind the book was published in 1990 (at least the edition I'm reading). smile

Jack
Dream Diety
cookie lover

Well,good info but not so usefull.I cant imagine myself going into "troubled relationships, and traumatic events, such as being mugged or experiencing a serious earthquake." just to have a nightmare.
Same with pills for Parkinsons:)
But i consider alcohol:)

nickspry
Somniologist
Somniologist

If you smoke, try a 10mg nicotine patch, applied when you first go to sleep or when you wake during SBTB (assuming you stay awake long enough for the effects to begin). I don't like recommending nicotine, but it really works so I feel I have to.

SiY
Moogle's Stalker.
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed 25 May, 2005  Reply with quote

Woops sorry for the informative title of my thread. overspannen Anyway last night i tried a bit of WILD. I tried it without going to sleep before hand (i know it makes it harder). But i was willing to lie perfectly still for ages. I lay there and i was just trying to keep my mind clear. My room was getting warm, then suddenly my feet started to feel warmer kind of like a burning but nothing painfull. Then my feet started to tignle and it moved up through the bottum of my legs this warm and tingle feeling. Then it moved slowly to the top of my legs then my backside and progressively up my body.
When it reached my face, i noticed that the dots that you see when you close your eyes started to move. The only way i can describe it is, if you have ever seen star trek when the ship goes to warp and you see the start all fly past the ship well thats what the dots looked like that. Or the old screensavers that where on Windows Pc's where the stars fly past the screen.
After that the tingling feeling went, i noticed though that i could nolonger feel parts of my feet and i couldn't feel the covers on my feet...it was as if they had disappeared. However, i hadn't entered a dream sadblauw.
BTW it took about 1 hour for this to happen, but the time only felt like i had been there about 20 mins...freaky really.

Xetrov
Nonexist
cookie lover

Hey C_mon, welcome back smile. I changed the title of the thread so it fits better...

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict

C_mon wrote:
Woops sorry for the informative title of my thread. overspannen Anyway last night i tried a bit of WILD. I tried it without going to sleep before hand (i know it makes it harder). But i was willing to lie perfectly still for ages. I lay there and i was just trying to keep my mind clear. My room was getting warm, then suddenly my feet started to feel warmer kind of like a burning but nothing painfull. Then my feet started to tignle and it moved up through the bottum of my legs this warm and tingle feeling. Then it moved slowly to the top of my legs then my backside and progressively up my body.
When it reached my face, i noticed that the dots that you see when you close your eyes started to move. The only way i can describe it is, if you have ever seen star trek when the ship goes to warp and you see the start all fly past the ship well thats what the dots looked like that. Or the old screensavers that where on Windows Pc's where the stars fly past the screen.
After that the tingling feeling went, i noticed though that i could nolonger feel parts of my feet and i couldn't feel the covers on my feet...it was as if they had disappeared. However, i hadn't entered a dream sadblauw.
BTW it took about 1 hour for this to happen, but the time only felt like i had been there about 20 mins...freaky really.

Sounds like you were pretty darn close to actually dreaming smile

print