You will now go to jail for not informing on your neighbors.

If this passes, and you knew someone was using, selling, or CONSIDERING PURCHASING drugs, and you don’t report it to the COPs… you go to jail for a MANDATORY mininum of 2 years.

drugpolicy.org/news/051105sensenalert.cfm

This is draconian… if this passes there will be absolutely no fundamental difference between our drug policies and the drug (and other) policies of nazi Germany.

Write your representatives using that link.

That better not be happening :o

it will if people don’t speak up and keep their representatives accountable for themselves.

That definitely can’t happen where I’m at, my neighbors have turned in some people across the street who peddle drugs over a dozen times; the local law enforcements don’t even send out an officer… (and that house is infamous for drug sales).

It would be a law impossible to enforce, how would you know if someone really was aware of what their neighbor was doing? You couldn’t define it.

I would not worry about that bill too much. Do you know how many bills are introduced every year and don’t pass or even get a vote for that matter. I think that site might be trying to use scare tactics to get people to donate to their cause.

Even if it was passed it would be almost impossible to enforce. What can I tell you, we have some crazed representatives that want to pass bone headed laws. They can introduce whatever bill they want but that does not mean they will get any support from their colleagues. If that bill even gets out of committee I’ll be stunned.

it wouldn’t be used for drugs so much as it would be an excuse to imprison someone you want for just about any reason you want… i.e. if they are a “terror suspect” or something like that.

but that’s just paranoid old me.

So is this bill being considered by the American congress? Like, what country is this for, cause it’s an awefully silly law.

I wouldnt be worried too much about this law it doesnt seem like something that would get passed. (what country is this?)

yes, if you refer to Holy Reality’s quote of the article, you’ll see it is a proposed law in America.

Thats not good due to the fact that i live in the U.S (will you keep me posted?) please

First they have to prove you knew…

You’ve got a very good point there

Here in Britain the government proposed a bill that would mean that if you had magic mushrooms growing in your garden you could be put in jail. As they are a common mushroom here that would mean that an awful lot of people could be prosecuted. The only reason I could see was so that they could put anyone they want in jail.

Thankfully that part of the bill has been changed and it’s still going to be legal to have them growing in the garden here.

What’s the position on mushrooms growing in your garden in the ol’ land of the free?

oh… let’s see.

Harvesting an illegal substance
Harvesting w/ the intent to distribute
possession of an illegal substance

I could go on. They are really very strict on that stuff here.

But I meant to mention earlier that if you’re in a car with a friend who has drugs and even if you really truly didn’t know, you could still be charged.

This has happened before, it will happen again.

We will see (are seeing) the rise of a Facist Dictatorship in America…

But not all Facism will look like Adolf Hitler.

so true.

This country has gone to ■■■■.

so true.

This country has gone to ■■■■.