Giving each other dream ispiration?

Okee, I hope I can explane this in understandable english :smile:

This is the idea:
write a little piece every day, a little story about anything you find beautifull/magical/spiritual…etc anything!
as you write it visualize, as complete and as beautifull as you can.
You can even think about how things feel, ore sound, like for example the wind.(its a little like a visualisation meditation)

Let the athmosphere be the same as it is in your normal dreams, dreamlike.
Be completely free in your creativity, when you for example like the dreamimages of the previous day, use them in your new storie.

the goal:
When I do this before sleep, it changes my way of dreaming.
the dreams I have after this are mystical and more clear (Not LD yet though, but that is not always my goal:) ) I do not have much LD experiance, but it should work great for that also.
The goal of this topic is to help each other finding more creativity in this.
The more (free) creativity you have, the more beautifull your dreams can become.

So let the short stories, ore discriptions of others give you inspiration to make another one, ore to expand your last one. :smile:

Remember though, it should be fun to do.
When you dont feel like doing this before you sleep, it does not really work. It should be like reading a book, effortless and relaxing.

in this topic you can write down your findings after trying this, and ofcourse the dreamimages, ore stories :smile:
I am curious about the effect it has on others!

I will make a start (hoping not to make a fool out of myself by being the only one that likes to do this :lol:
And ofcouse with my sad english ability :eh:
But I will try anyway, I can only help others to see that there stories cannot be worse than mine :content:

An enormous field, so big I cannot see the end.
There is almost nothing on it, only the enoumous colored sky and somewere quite far away a little hill.
And on the hill something is visible.
It looks like the sun is going down, the air feels like that.
I walk barefeet towarts the hill, on the ground only soft moss is growing.
When I come more near the hill, I can see a circle of trees stands on top of it.
The trees look very old, when I look at them I can almost hear the branches creak becouse of the wind that blows through them.
When I enter the circle, I see that on overy branch a little lantern is hanging.
the sun had come down, and the light of the lanterns give a mysterious but beautiful glow…

That’s definitely asking for trouble! The atmosphere of my normal dreams is usually totally crazy and sense-defying!

Okay, this is a lot easier. I’ve gotten a lot of my best ideas for stories from dreams in the past. I can’t say I feel my dreams need much improving (I adore them already!), but I’m always up for a short writing challenge.

Here we go:
I’m standing at the edge of a sunken canal through which turbulent water is rushing, so fast it’s almost white. Above me, the sky is a pale shade of blue, but much of it is not visible. This is due to the fact that on both sides of the canal, beyond a wide footpath, stone walls three or four stories high rise into the air. Here and there, vines trail down their faces. Beyond them I can vaguely see the turrets and pinnacles of buildings brushing the sky, although these are only tiny glimpses, as the walls block most from view. Spanning the gap between the walls are several ornate stone bridges, high above my head - they are thin and no wider than the width of a single carriage.

There is a round metallic manhole in the ground only a few feet away from where I stand - it grabs my attention when the lid moves up on solid hinges. A boy climbs halfway out only to call out and beckon me to follow him, as if I had been expected to meet him here. I do so at once, sliding down a short gold-coloured pole.

Down the manhole, I find myself not in a sewer (even a clean one), but a very elegant hallway panelled with glossy wood. It is narrow, but very long, with doors leading away in every direction but that of the canal. Golden hooks hang from the walls, and along the floor lies a strip of plush, red carpet. The ceiling is also layered with wood; when I look up, no light filters in from the manhole. In fact, it is as if the outside world has suddenly turned to night in that quick moment. The boy is already standing at the nearest door. He opens it wide, and motions for me to enter.

And I’m going to have to end it now, because my imagination just ran out about here. I think that’s enough, anyway.

(Okay, I’ve never had this actual scene in a dream before, but it’s very, very typical of the kind of weird-yet-hybrid old/modern/new-yet-pretty stuff I dream. In other words, this is what I’d expect to dream of, minus the character-development, since I’m too lazy to think any up at the moment.)

Stormthunder :content:

I see, well you can do whatever seems best for you personally.
For me that works, because it helps me to get into the same state as when you dream. Not exactly ofcourse, but it helps when I really want to have my dream in a certain way, with a sertain calm and observing feeling. (ore something)
When I do that, my dreams reallt take over the athmosphere I choose before I fell asleep.
Nightmares are almost inpossible then.

Argh, its diffivult to explain :content:

So did you try this just before sleep? And do you think it effected your dream?
(if yes, I would like to know how :wink:)

My short dreamstory did effect my dream.
In the story I was alone, very alone, but because I wanted to.
My dreaming after that was the same in that way, no other people were there, and everything was very still, and calming.
Only the wind.
I did not see the trees, but the field was there.
It was filled with all kinds of houses, and I could look through the windows and saw al different kinds of things.

It was not a lucid dream, but my dream memory was much more clear, detailed, and…lively (I`m not sure if that is a word)

a new dreamlike visualisation:

I walk over a hill wich is filled with flowers with the brightest colours.
I can feel the sun on my skin and it is plesantly warm.
The hill changes in form, it becomes bigger, and seems to form a circle.
Arroud me new hills grow from the ground, and form a complete new landscape.
I deside to keep walking up the hill and see what is behind it.
When I arrive on the top I see this is the highest hill, and I can see all the other hills.
I also see that the dales behind the hills have strange landscapes, every dale has another landscape.
The dale close to me is filled with completely still standing water.
No ripple ore leaf is visible.
The water works like a perfect mirror, that reflects the sky above.
I walk towarts it and want to feel it, but when I try, I discover that I cannot.
Its hard, like a real mirror, but I can also look trough it like real water.
I take my shoes of and walk on it, when I look down I see the sky, when I look up I see the sky.
The boundries of the lake dissapear, and now I can only see sky, above and below…

:smile:

PS I am going on vacation (to south england:) so I will be gone for lets say…10 days.

[color=red](mod edit) This would have been deleted after a month if it was left in the playground. It is safe here. :cool:[/color]

Lol, well I suppose it was just before I went to bed, considering I only ever go on the internet late at night. As for it affecting my dream, however, I doubt it.

I did dream of a wooden corridor that night, but it was much shabbier than the one I described in the passage. But I dream of hallways and corridors a lot in my dreams, anyway, so I wouldn’t say it was influenced by my writing that paragraph. And I did, after all, deliberately set out to base the paragraphs on typically occurring dream events of mine.

Also that night I dreamed of a playhouse, a beach, a black horse, a cafe, stick-figure insects and a really cute guy who asked me out, lol. And a lot of running like the wind up and down the beachfront for the fun of it. :content: (Believe it or not, all these things were closely related, though I’m not going into details here.)

I never really expected this to have an effect on my dreams, at any rate - I don’t want to change them, and I don’t need to. They’re fantastic already! I just did this as a fun little writing exercise. :content: Besides, I found out long ago that, for me, planning a dream beforehand is a surefire way to ruin the excitement and surprise. They’d all end up boring and predictable if I did that.

Hi!

It is not my intention to plan mu dreams beforehand.
My intention is, to change my way of thinking from everyday normal thinking to creative thinking.
In that way you help yourself to be more free in creativity when you sleep. (and after that)

But I do think that people that dream lucid like you, already are very free in there creative thinking.

I feel that in every day live people can get stuck in thinking about everything but the present moment.
everything that gives stress, needs planning, gives fear and so on.
I discovered that doing this before sleeping, helps me to stop being stuck.
It helps me to be calm and free again, It feels a bit like removing a barrier.
When you are not stuck, and feel more free.
Its easier to observe and understand.

I hope my explanation is not to vaque.
:content:

This is like some kinda LD RPG :tongue:

I’ll keep watching, you guys have come up with some cool place’s to dream about.