The inspiration has hit me...sort of.

Well, I have been getting busy musically again, and something I’ve always wanted to do was write something like a Rock Opera, or a Rock Concearto or something, the trouble is I’m not sure what to write about :content:
I was thinking the Concearto could be a long series of really progressive songs, about something like…someone going insane, loosing touch with reality, or growing up and experiencing life, that sort of thing. As for the Rock Opera…I don’t know where to start :smile:
Any ideas or suggestions?

I like the subjects you mentioned! They’re very intimist(???). At least I’ve been through all of them and they were very emotional and meaningfull episodes to me.
I should warn you that they are for sure very hard stuff to write about! - But with very beautifull results if done well!
I don’t know how you usually write music.
When I do it I don’t usually pick up a theme to write about. I just write. A funky melody rings my head and I either write it down on a piece of paper, or I record it in my MP3!
I usually get ideas from wrong notes when playing.
If you’ve been through moments like that, try to remember them and go with the flow. I believe something very beautifull will come out!
Good Ridance
Keep In Touch
peace@us.all

Thanks for the advice.
I’ll try to remember to do that, go with the flow when an inspirational moment comes.
By the, what instrument do you play Phatidico?