EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Looking in mirrors

Author  Message 
Incanus

Looking in mirrors
PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

What happens if you look and see yourself (while being lucid of course) in a mirror? Does your mirror-image follow your moves just like in real life, or can this be a trigger to discover that you're dreaming?

Xetrov
Nonexist
cookie lover

Anything can happen. I've seen an image of myself once that didnt look like "me" IWL at all. Also, when you are lucid, you dont need a trigger that you're dreaming tounge2 ...

Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover

My mirror image is usually the same as me (though there is sometimes a differnce in the hair). The mirror image generally matches what I'm doing...

... but one time, I found that the feel of my hair and the look of it were different (different hair lines and stuff).
That felt weird wink5.

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

grin the mirror is a great way to get me lucid! When I look in a mirror, I see some strange things. Usually it's like if the mirror was not perfectly flat: when I move my hand or my face, the image distorts. Sometimes my face appears to be dead or paralysed, or with a nasty evil look. Once I saw that I had a white goblin head with horns and warts and aweful thing. When you look in a mirror, you may see a totally different person, or you hair died in a weird color. It may follow your movements, or it may have a mind of it's own. So pay attention when looking in the mirror.
smile

Incanus

Xetrov wrote:
Also, when you are lucid, you dont need a trigger that you're dreaming tounge2 ...

Of course you don't
What I meant was that it could make you realize that you're dreaming and to become lucid - not while you're lucid of course. ^^

Xetrov
Nonexist
cookie lover

Incanus wrote:
Of course you don't
What I meant was that it could make you realize that you're dreaming and to become lucid - not while you're lucid of course. ^^

Just kidding ofcourse, but you wrote the question in such a way that it looks as though you asked that wink ...

Cid Silverwing
Paladin of The Light
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

Staring in mirrors should help you with morphing, or even cloning smile

nickspry
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

Mirrors are great in dreams and have often made me lucid.
I look different in a dream mirror (more hair mainly!). One thing I have noticed sometimes which amuses me at the time is a kind of delay in the movement of my reflection. For instance if I make a face in a dream mirror it can take my reflection up to a second to respond with the same face. I guess this is down to my brain working overtime to duplicate the information, but it can be quite funny.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

In lucid dreams, very funny things happen when I'm looking in a mirror. Sometimes, my reflect doesn't look like me, it's blond-haired, or it plays at making faces. Or I don't see a reflect, but something different happen in the mirror. Once, there was a gorilla into the mirror, and it tried to pass through the glass to enter my dream world. smile

Xetrov
Nonexist
cookie lover

nickspry wrote:
I guess this is down to my brain working overtime to duplicate the information, but it can be quite funny.

I think its because you expect it. My reflection moves along pretty well I think, and dont underestimate the power of our minds smile.

Iluminada
Dreamer of Peace...
cookie lover

When I look in the mirror in my dreams I can see different me's all the time. It could be a difference in my hair, mostly hair and my lips.

But when you're ld'ng.. You can do whatever. You should try jumping through it or pulling a Matrix.

Stormthunder
thunderyness
cookie lover

Whenever I look in the mirror in a dream, my image always corresponds to me exactly. It hardly ever resembles myself in real life, but this is because in the dream I don't resemble myself in real life appearance-wise, so this is how the mirror reflects it. Either that, or I'm wearing outrageous punk outfits, etc. ^^

Xetrov
Nonexist
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 21 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

Last night I had some LD's so I set out to test this again, my image looked rather like myself IRL and corresponded exactly to my movements in the dream! ...

Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 21 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

Xetrov: Yeah, I've tested that a couple of times. With the same results smile.

I guess it just comes down to how you expect your dream mirrors to behave.

Dili Dali
Am I Dreaming?
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

Does anyone here know the actual logic of lucid dreaming? Like why can we jump throug a mirror, or why does our hand get distorted? I know it's a ll in our minds, but why does the mind allow us to not be able to turn off the light, for example?

It's always confused me, a little.

print