How quick do we lose conscious ?

Weird thing happened to me this week…

I was in a car, falling asleep, i started to see images and stuff and then everything get silent but only for like a second, and then i wake up competely… It was like I lost conscious for a second and then “came back”… :bored:

It was really weird, and since then i’m asking myself : what is the process of “lost of conscious” ? At that particular moment, when we fall asleep, what happen exactly in the brain ? :eh:

What happens when we lose conciousness?

Well, I suppose the best defination is that we can no longer make decisions.

Right.

But does it happen all of a sudden or do we lose conscious progressivly ?
When do we stop hearing external sounds for example ?

Cause this weird expeirence i told would make me think that it is very sudden…

I’m pretty sure you lose conciousness over a short period but you just don’t rember as your mind erases it.

Its both sudden and progressively.I cant remember proper order now,but senses shut off one by one.At one moment part of your muscle-nerves system goes to “sleep mode”- which is often being noticed by people who practice wild or lds in general and known as sleep paralysis.
Im just putting it all in short,so fogive me some generalization.
Some people loose conciousness just like that and never notice it,some,like said before can prolong this stage to some limits.

I find that when I loose conscousness, it’s almost as if I loose feeling of my body, and become an observer of my thoughts instead of being the thinker, it’s hard to explain. The trouble is I always jump back to wakefulness whenever this happens, it’s a bugger which stops me from WILDing a lot of the times.