creativity/imagination in dreams...

I’ve noticed often when dreaming, especially in some early-morning half-dream-half-awake -states my imagination and humor and creativity work better somehow…
for example, I dream about reading Donald Duck and I just make up dialogues that make perfect sense. Once I dreamed abuot watching a talkshow and the guy made great jokes! Why doesn’t my mind come up with anything as creative in everyday life?

Dreaming is an act between the unconscious and conscious mind, maybe you just wok more creativly with both parts of your mind on :smile:

I dont want to disapoint you or anything, and Im not a dream guru, but I think that maybe the people said gibberish (I think that is the word), and in your dream, without understanding a word, they were funny. Or maybe you did understanded them in the dream, but your mind made them look like they were funny.
Unless you can remember what they said and they are funny.

You can gain nearly the same effects if you were to mediate/interpret your own dreams. This works for me quite a bit, and is extra practical about RL situations.

I’m more creative too in the relax state between sleep and wake and if I remember to write it down it usually still sounds pretty good later when I go back to it…My problem is I haven’t been consistent with that

I should’ve mentioned, I sometimes write music or lyrics as I’m falling alseep :content:

Pancra85 - I disagree. It probably isn’t gibberish, but is really good. When I record my entries in my dream journal, I’m often amazed at how detailed and exciting the stories from each dream are when I read over them. I’m a creative person in real life, but my dreams are much more so! Most of my best story ideas have come from dreams, because all my brain can come up with during the day is unoriginal rubbish.

well, often I forget about them after I wake up, but some of them I do remember. I’m planning to start writing those things up in a journal when I get back home. I’m abroad at the moment.