A question about control-

Is it easy to make things happen, or is it better to just go with what happens in a dream anyways?

If you’re new to lucidity, then yes, go with the flow of what your dreamscape shows you and simply keep in short-term memory that you’re in a dream. Trying to control too much when your mind is not used to lucidity will likely cause you to wake up.

It really depends on the person and how experienced one is. Some have no trouble at all doing great things in their LDs even though they would be new, whereas some more experienced LDers might still have quite a little control over their dreams.

It’s really individual. Anyway, remember that you have the potential of doing whatever you want to, and if you’re lucky, you will be able to use your potential. I would suggest testing your limits and then expanding them.

And remember, whatever you’re trying, it will succeed if, and only if, you believe that you can do it.

The most important thing is to know you can make something happen, not believe, know. If you know that something will happen, it’ll happen, simple as that.

Sometimes it’s hard to convince yourself that something will happen, an easy way is to turn around, and know that when you turn back around you will see it.

just last night I was having trouble controling my LD. like always. But I started getting angry and REALLY focusing my mind on trying to do what i was doing. which was to float off the ground and through the door. i would start taking off but then i would slowly fall back to the ground. well needless to say I put all my effort into it, and did it.

So I just think the harder you try, the easier it will become in time.

Thanks guys. Answered my question perfectly.