Cool progressive alarm clock!

I’ve heard of progressive alarm clocks before and always wanted one but never bought one. Now that I am into lucid dreaming, I think it would be great to have one…wouldn’t it help to be slowly and gently roused from sleep to aid in dream recall and possibly lucidity?

This clock not only uses sound to awaken you gradually, but light and scent as well:
hammacher.com/publish/70460. … at=1414665

Does anyone have one of these or any other type of progressive alarm clock? And does it help with dreaming?

In my humble opinion, I think the best type of alarm clock is the totally non-existent one. Even a gradual wake up is too much for me early in the morning - I have sleeping in needs!

So I don’t use one (don’t even have one!) and am better for it, I think! But yes, if you HAD to have an alarm, a progressive one would be preferable to a normal one.

That’s AWESOME! But so expensive. And would that really wake you up? I don’t need an alarm clock, I just wake up at the right time. But keep in mind that those sounds might not wake you up unless you’re a light sleeper. But the light and scent, that’s an interesting idea.

Hey, that’s cool! I had this idea of creating such an alarm clock before. It was also supposed to have a lamp that grew brighter and brighter, and stuff. When my current alarmclock breaks down, I’m gonna go get me one of these.

I am too afraid of not waking up early enough to not rely on an alarm clock! I have to get up at 4:30 a.m. (go to bed at 9 p.m.) to get ready for the day, just to leave at six, drive a half-hour each way to a methadone clinic that opens at 6:30, come back home, pack my lunch, etc., and get to work by 8:30. (Let me just say it’s no fun arriving at work and thinking at 8:30 in the morning, hey I’ve already been up for four freaking hours and now I have to sit here till 5:00!)

So for me, I would love one of these clocks and I agree about $50 being too much but the first one I ever saw was $100 so to me this lower price is a good thing! Even though I can’t afford it right now (I have no medical insurance—I’m a temp—and the methadone clinic costs money every week, especially gas money and oil changes)…but I’m just venting now, I have to go post my concerns about this clinic stuff in another topic!