i need more self esteem lol, Im so worried i'll mess it up.

For some reason every time I start to like a guy I end up not being able to get them, and don’t know why. I get shy and I think that’s part of my problem. Im not a shy person though, not around anyone but who ever it is I like, My cousin and friends tell me that I act really shy and different to this guy I like at the moment and I don’t want to be like that. I don’t know how to just loosen up a little and be me.
I always end up losing who ever it was I wanted to try and date, and this is weird this time cause I used to like this guy, and NOw I find out he used to flirt with me all the time. at least that’s what he said. If he said that and gave my cousin his number for me then that means he wants to get to know me and is interested right?
also girls how do you get guys all the time???lol. I try and now It’s almost like why try cause I get so close to dating them and then nothing happens. I really want to date this one, but don’t know how to over come my shyness or keep him.
please please help.
Im thinking of calling him tonight, I can’t do anythign this weekend though and I don’t want him to think im dumb for calling for nothing you know? what should I say if I call??? should I ask him to do something next weekend, and just tell him why I can’t this weekend (long story about my aunt and uncle needing help moving, freshmen orientation and still trying to get car insurance, I think that might sound fishy to him but it’s true lol).
thanks guys for putting up with my dumb ?s.
thanks,
BD87

[i]there was a similar topic mainly from the male point of view the links to part 1 and 2 are here
https://community.ld4all.com/t/lack-of-confidence-and-shyness/7498
and
ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … highlight=

title “Lack of confidence and shyness” [/i]

/me tiptoes out of topic :smile:

Oh BD87, Ouch! Don’t worry so much…yes call him and ask him out to a movie or something…You don’t have to explain why it can’t be till next week and ask him about himself, that will let him know you’re interested, along with a smile when you see him, just think of him as a friend for now, don’t pressure yourself with all or nothing feelings because although it may not feel like it right now it really isn’t all or nothing…hope this helps :smile:

Hey BD87, as cynical as it sounds. It doesn’t really matter if he ever believes you or not. As long as you know that it’s not some lame excuse. Things will come around for you. Will your aunt and uncle let him help move? You could say that’s what you need to do and maybe he could help but if he can’t then maybe an open statement about being free another time.

Smile…

Come on. Guys really like chicks hitting on them, even if they’re not interested. It’s a confidence booster. BTW, if I say anything that I shouldn’t, don’t blame me, I’ll correct it tomoz when I’m sober. :razz: \m/

Wise guy…

I’m prolly the only one, no I’m not. I like shy girls. In fact I prefer a shy girl to a girl that comes on to me full of “confidence”. Those kinds of girl make un-confident.
There’s something sexy cute about a shy girl…
But however, a girl that is too shy and doesn’t speak even when your trying to, that’s bad. Sorry, truth must be said.
Use your brains girl. If you can’t tell him the right things, than touch him more. Or if you don’t like touching him, try to tell the right things.
Adopt an attitude.
I am not very shy, in fact I’m a bit extroverted. But when it came to talking with girls that I don’t know nor have been intrucced to me, I used to be very shy.
One day I decided to talk to a girl I saw in the park. I went there and did it. At first I didn’t know which hole I would hide on, if you know what I mean. But as the conversation rolled on, things got better. Never really got the girl, but that doesn’t matter.
After a while I started talking to every girl I wanted to (on the street). A few said “fuck off” and stuff like that, but I’ve had good times with most of them! Even got some to get interested in me.

What kind of attitude would you like to adopt?
What do you think would be the most “right” for you?
Find out what you’re good at and what you’re not. Know your stengths and your weaknesses and take advantage of them.
Sometimes saying what you’re really thinking isn’t such a bad Idea. Although inapropriate, it may turn the guy on!
Last tip - Everyone is somehow shy and unconfident, for as much as they do not seem to! :content:

Hope this helped!
peace@us.all

Phatidico wrote:

:eh: What have you been saying?

well I did it yay lol. I called him up, it was really funny cause my cousin was acting like she was me for the first 30 seconds or so to see if he would notic a voice change and I think he may have at the beggining but eh he didn’t say anything, which isn’t suprising cause we sound a lot a like over the phone.
anyways she’s all like so hey what’s up it’s kayla, and he said o well which kayla I know like 13 kaylas (she didn’t detect the humor in that and answered) she’s all o the one from highschool and the dance factory and he’s all O yeah the one with the wierd cousin (she started cracking up she was so shocked and handed me the phone). I think he knew it was her when he said that. but he was working and the power was out where he was working. I asked him if he was planning on going to the dance factory next friday and said I wouldn’t be going this friday. He didn’t ask for a reason why (my excuse) and said he would be going every friday from now on. He had to go cause his boss started getting mad he was on the phone. but later my cousin had to leave (they are making trips to vegas to move their stuff here) and they went to chilies for diner and she calls up yelling at me and she’s all guess who I see lol. and I was like idk let me take a wild guess your mom, no no no wait yourself in a mirror (she’s always doing stuff like that lol). and she’s all nope seans working here. she tried to grab him to talk to him, but he was busiy running all over the resturaunt and she didn’t have a chance, she said that he stopped for like 10 seconds or so to wave and say hi, and that was it.
but yay I called him. it was so fun.
and I wanted to say thanks to everyone here for putting up with my dumb sounding ?s and helping me feel more comfortable about calling. thanks, it might sound dumb lol, but it really did help.
thanks again.
BD87

Yay! Congrats BlueDolphin!

What have I been saying? To them? I don’t know the usual “Hi! :content: How are you.” From then on it varies a lot.
One thing I noticed is that as my self esteem rised, the feedback started to be more postitive. :cool_laugh: uuuuiiiii
Keep up “the good work”(lol) things will get better for you!

/me high fives BD87